Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post

As pointed out, this doesn't make it a rule, but 2 GM's are saying it should be avoided.
    They are not GM. They are random guys from the customer support.

I'm doing it lol
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    They are not GM. They are random guys from the customer support.
    lol. The support forum agents on the CS forum, before they were given the title "support forum agent" were literally called "Game Masters" because they're all from the CS team. They all have full GM access and can do anything a GM can do.

What do you think a Game Master is? A GM in wow IS just a random customer support guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Are you also going to report people for asking their spouse to login for them while they are at work to minimize queue wait time?
    Thats essentially account sharing so 20 years in prison

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    They should ban people who were not smart enough to transfer servers.
    ...to transfer servers and keep complaining, like OP. But +1 for you sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    I don't have to Google anything. What I stated is exactly what Blizzard stated when they raised the cap on Classic servers. By 1.12 the server cap in Vanilla was 5k.

The 2500-3000 figure they are talking about was before the cap increase.
    I’d love a source then please. Because you can easily google “Kern WoW server capacity“ to find what I said or open the WoW Journal and read what Staats said. So if they opened the flood gates in 1.12 I’d love a source for that.

Unless you meant the servers were upgraded to hold that capacity which could be possible but holding a capacity doesn’t equal in game servers adjusted. Not to mention if what you say is true then every single server in vanilla would have dropped to low population once they got adjusted for this increase. I definitely know that never happened.

As the title states, anyone doing this is break TOS and should be banned.

If you are doing it, please speak up so I can report.

UPDATE BLIZZ REPLIED

Here is the reply FROM BLIZZARD

I delved into this one a bit more because I don’t want folks getting in trouble. Under our EULA the following section: >

Cloud Computing: Use the Platform, including a Game, in connection with any unauthorized third-party “cloud computing” services, “cloud gaming” services, or any software or service designed to enable the unauthorized streaming or transmission of Game content from a third-party server to any device.

With the remote access, you might be treading very closely to this, so it might be a bad idea and at this point I’d recommend against the activity.

I’m going to update my previous statement to avoid any trouble down the line if someone were only to see that quote.

Enjoy your bans, I'm outright reporting anyone in here who claims they used it.
    That is not what remote desktop is. You seriously need to go learn.

Quote Originally Posted by ZebrasRule View Post
    lol. The support forum agents on the CS forum, before they were given the title "support forum agent" were literally called "Game Masters" because they're all from the CS team. They all have full GM access and can do anything a GM can do.

What do you think a Game Master is? A GM in wow IS just a random customer support guy.
    Forum blues are not necessary game master themselves.

But aside from that, no one will be never ever banned for softening queue times via RDP. It’s just “clever use of IT mechanics” (not counting, again, that Blizzard has no ways to tell if I pushed the login button via RDP or not).

I don't see what there is to discuss here. Using a remote desktop has nothing to do with WoW, its all computer based. There is no (legal) way they could detect that.

Even if they could, it isn't against the ToS or EULA at all. Remote Desktop isn't cloud computing.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Start logging in earlier or remote login yourself. Its not hard... or bannable.

I dont play classic but I sure as hell would do this. Why would I go to work for 8 hours, travel home and then want to wait 4+ hours to play? I would definitely log in remotely to start the queue at least.

Hell, back in Classic, this was a problem. As it was in most expansion launches. You want to ban me for having my wife start my login queue 3 hours before I got home from work?
    back in wod when it was like this i would use my razer mouse to make me jump every 4 minutes so i wouldnt afk out

Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    back in wod when it was like this i would use my razer mouse to make me jump every 4 minutes so i wouldnt afk out
    That. Or running in circle in a hidden place.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    I’d love a source then please. Because you can easily google “Kern WoW server capacity“ to find what I said or open the WoW Journal and read what Staats said. So if they opened the flood gates in 1.12 I’d love a source for that.

Unless you meant the servers were upgraded to hold that capacity which could be possible but holding a capacity doesn’t equal in game servers adjusted. Not to mention if what you say is true then every single server in vanilla would have dropped to low population once they got adjusted for this increase. I definitely know that never happened.
    No, they would not have dropped to low pop. You have to remember that the pop kept increasing for the entirety of Vanilla. If you want a source, simply go back thru MMO-C.

Just doing my moral responsibility and reporting in as a Remote Desktop user! Please ban me Stormbreed, my body is ready!

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°

UPDATE BLIZZ REPLIED

I delved into this one a bit more because I don’t want folks getting in trouble. Under our EULA the following section: >

Cloud Computing: Use the Platform, including a Game, in connection with any unauthorized third-party “cloud computing” services, “cloud gaming” services, or any software or service designed to enable the unauthorized streaming or transmission of Game content from a third-party server to any device.

With the remote access, you might be treading very closely to this, so it might be a bad idea and at this point I’d recommend against the activity.

I’m going to update my previous statement to avoid any trouble down the line if someone were only to see that quote.

Yeah. They told you that to hopefully sate your righteous indignation. It is 100% not against the ToS to use remote desktop to log in. Because it's not unattended gameplay. And no one is sitting at their desk waiting on the queue. They login and go do other shit while they wait. Also, there is zero ability for Blizzard to determine you were logging in via RD. ZERO.

Remote Desktop is not what's causing the queue. If no one uses RD to log in, guess what? You'd STILL have queue issues, just like now. And no one is playing via Remote Desktop. Have you ever tried? It would be more fun to chew, swallow and poop broken glass. Want to blame someone for the queue? Blame Blizzard. It's an issue they could have and should have solved.

And honestly? You reporting people that have used it to log in is just you being a salty fuck. Grow up and find better things to complain about.

UPDATE BLIZZ REPLIED

"you might be treading very closely to this" - IRRELEVANT, NEXT!

I used the remote desktop to log in, I even logged in for my brother and he doesn't live with me. It holds your place in queue and boots the other client out if you log in again from any source.

Just ban anyone who logins in, much easier

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    RDP is just a virtual extension cord to your PC, which you are using with no other person or service in between.
    Oh there's someone there, you're just unaware
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    No, they would not have dropped to low pop. You have to remember that the pop kept increasing for the entirety of Vanilla. If you want a source, simply go back thru MMO-C.
    Ah just read the entire history of MMO-C? “Simply” lol just say you pulled something out of thin air bud.

Yes they would have dropped to low pop because that’s what would happen when they changed servers. Anyways I’ll take a team leader of vanilla WoW and the lead engineers word on the servers over yours. They said in vanilla WoW realms were at 2500 but could be turned up to 3000 if needed. If you actually had a source from someone at Blizzard said that otherwise I’d be extremely interested in seeing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Stormbreed you said you’re gonna get us banned for using it. So go head get me banned man. I confess. I used it for two weeks. I’ll await my judgement. Maybe get the cops involved too.

Wait, so you're reporting mmo-champion accounts for using remote desktop to login to WoW servers?

I'm... confused.