Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    That was my first idea too. Was reminded of the whole Chronos myth, with Chronos (the Jailer) being overthrown by his children Zeus and the others (in our case the Titan Pantheon).
    With all this talk of "Elune forsaken us" and all of the Night Elves going to the Maw after the destruction of Teldrassil... What if the Jailer and Elune are THE parents of the whole universe, and the parents of the titans? Still within the theory that the Jailer was banished into the Shadowlands by the pantheon / his children. And with Elune kind of missing, the NE's souls went straight to the next being close to them - the Jailer?

Or basically Elune could be the mother of life plane while the Jailer could be the father of the death plane.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    according to blizzard he is

from the novel

here, Alleria was struck by a vision sent by the world-soul itself from the belly of Argus, revealing that it was the emerald star. It was imprisoned by the green, corrupting fires of fel and it sent Alleria memories, its entire lifetime in a single, uncontrolled burst. Her mind was transported elsewhere: she lived a history that surpassed the existence of the universe, saw energy spinning out into the cosmos, she saw it found warmth near a sun, and a world formed around it to protect it as it grew, she saw generations of life lived and died upon it, she saw it was betrayed and was bound by something powerful, it was in pain, its only solace lay within its dream, she saw them enslaved worlds, burned worlds and used its strength to revive their fallen souls, and that they found another, much more powerful they wanted to claim too, and when she saw it, she screamed into the cosmos for help and that two children answered the call. Turalyon didn't see the vision but swore to return and free the world soul from the Legion's clutches. The world-soul's distress caused the Legion forces on the planet to become aware of their presence, forcing them to retreat.
    Thats the world soul and all world souls were born at the moment the universe was created. It wasn't "born" as Argus until much later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaksies View Post
    I mean hes been right on:

- Chronicle

- Hes been calling Shadowlands for two years

- and if you watch his videos and all his lore streams, there is very convincing evidence to say that Eonar is not what she seems to be.

but lets not turn this into a pyro discussion
    Eonar has barely any canonical appearances or character lore. In almost all of them shes entirety like any other good titan

- - - Updated - - -

He looks alright. Hoped me be more....skeletal

Looks like Zeus and Hades fused
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

He looks like the grand-grandpop of Velen

Seems kind of weird that this isn't on the front page yet when it's real.

I know Pyro's a really passionate guy and shows that in a way some people feel is tasteless, but he's got some cool Lore-Reasoning that keeps me inspired to play.

The fact that this is real, and others are ignoring it feels like a mutiny and that's a bit awkward.

I'm really glad it was leaked, the Jailer went from being a boring mystery to an extremely enticing mystery. I expected some generic ghoulish man, not this lovely bearded fellow.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Role playing rule #4325

Humans with sharp claws are evil.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Seems kind of weird that this isn't on the front page yet when it's real.

I know Pyro's a really passionate guy and shows that in a way some people feel is tasteless, but he's got some cool Lore-Reasoning that keeps me inspired to play.

The fact that this is real, and others are ignoring it feels like a mutiny and that's a bit awkward.

I'm really glad it was leaked, the Jailer went from being a boring mystery to an extremely enticing mystery. I expected some generic ghoulish man, not this lovely bearded fellow.
    So many people are just incensed because of objective opinions. One can argue one of the most prolific horror writers of the 20th century, h.p Lovecraft, was an out and out racist, but nobody ever stops enjoying his work and stories he wrote even if they feel passionately against his world views.

On the subject, I like the design of the jailer, it's very otherworldly, like you would expect a jailer of the damned to look.

Question is, does this all confirm now that the jailer has always been the lich king? Is he the voice that pulled ner'zhul, that still spoke through Arthurs after he destroyed ner'zhuls soul, that still spoke through Bolvar when he became the lich king? I'm guessing so.

5+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of Aman'thul. Kind of Titan looking with a touch of undead(?)
    While I generally see people criticizing his appearance I kind of like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Would be intriguing if the Jailer is actually the titan soul that Sargeras killed when first encountering the void's corruption, leading to him being sent to the Maw.

Besides that, I see the Jailer being to Aman'thul what Murozond is to Nozdormu; a twisted opposite that used time magic to see beyond what should be seen.
    I think some of the guys here hijacked this thread with discussions about Chronicles and Pyro. So i just want to point out this overlooked, yet awesome theory. This one is my favourite, second only to the one about Jailor=Chronos, Aman'Thul=Zeus, Elune=Gea, Titan Pantheon=Olympian Pantheon.

I might also add one of my own (appologies if this theory has already been posted by someone) and that is that Elune is a Trinity (like Christianity's God) with Arbiter being one of her Aspects (White Lady, neutral), other two being the light/life one that created the Naaru (Mother Moon) and the dark one that maybe created the Void (Night Warrior).

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think he's Aman'Thuls brother or undead twin and merely looking to shape the Shadowlands into his own utopia rather than what the Pantheon had envisioned with him ruling the worst of the worst, keeping them in check there. Like Sargeras lost it, so has he, too many 'merely a setback' from people dead-set into their own ways even in the afterlife. The void tempts us all with what could come out of a fresh start, creating a clean slate of nothing in order to begin anew.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Pre-dates the Titans.

Could be that there are multiple layers of the universe. The first being the Void.

Void is the initial state. From that, came Light and Shadow.

Light (Elune) and Shadow ("Jailer") gave birth without their knowledge to a universe that contained both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Santa Claus is coming to fuck shit up....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneaksies View Post
    I mean hes been right on:

- Chronicle

- Hes been calling Shadowlands for two years

- and if you watch his videos and all his lore streams, there is very convincing evidence to say that Eonar is not what she seems to be.

but lets not turn this into a pyro discussion
    He speculates a lot of things, with many ideas contradicting each other. Shadowlands has been known about since the buildup in Legion and big hints in BfA quests and riddles. He's like a doomsayer playing darts, hoping for that bullseye to claim the title of prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pahomije View Post
    I think some of the guys here hijacked this thread with discussions about Chronicles and Pyro. So i just want to point out this overlooked, yet awesome theory. This one is my favourite, second only to the one about Jailor=Chronos, Aman'Thul=Zeus, Elune=Gea, Titan Pantheon=Olympian Pantheon.

I might also add one of my own (appologies if this theory has already been posted by someone) and that is that Elune is a Trinity (like Christianity's God) with Arbiter being one of her Aspects (White Lady, neutral), other two being the light/life one that created the Naaru (Mother Moon) and the dark one that maybe created the Void (Night Warrior).
    Yes, the theory of the Jailor being the equivalent to Kronos is my favourite one too because it opens up entire new chapters of story to be told when it comes to the titans. The Arbiter itself has been stated to be older than the titans and looks to be of quasi-titanic origin itself; the aeshetics of the Arbiter more or less fit into titan aesthetics in general.

I think Azeroth being the equivalent to Rhea and the Jailor being the equivalent to Kronos would be great. Elune would then represent Gaia. All this with some Warcraft twist of course. Imagine if Elune hid her children within lush planets across the universe to hide them from her husband and let them grow, with Aman'thul being the one to imprison his father. The connection between the titans and Elune is also established through the name of the place where Eonar was hiding during the Burning Legion's assault on her, on Elunara.

Knowing the storytelling department, I am almost completely certain that this is being overthought by everyone collectively and that what they have planned is much, much less than what is expected here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post

Well... about that
    He's a joke, nothing about him is serious or sinister.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    Well a happy Death God is a good one. Plus he's always in a good mood when you try and talk to him. He's only yelled at the top of his lungs like, three times too. So he obviously has his emotions under control
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    diablo mobs in WoW. seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    There was life before the titans. They didn't make it, they only shaped what was already there by the Great Old Ones. Blessed be their many tentacles.

I'd darn near guarantee it, we all know Blizzard loves their references to greek and norse mythology.
    The titans are a race of colossal, planet-sized cosmic beings, composed of arcane magic and the primordial matter from which the universe was born. They roamed across the cosmos like walking worlds, imbued with the raw power of creation itself. The titans used this incredible force to find and awaken others of their kind. Hailing from the far reaches of the cosmos, they shaped and brought life and order to countless worlds across the Great Dark Beyond

I am reading it as the pantheon was spread out, forming life before there was any. Aman'thul went on a journey to find more of his kind who already made life through the scattered dark beyond. Maybe I am reading it wrong. What kind of intelligent life was it before the pantheon?

Did the arbiter send animal souls to different places then? In Bastion it seems that any form of like can go there, then turn into a blue human. I guess we'll find out.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-11-29 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    Fully agree.