Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Going on a pve realm was the right decision for me. And there is a lot of wpvp on my realm anyway. I can pvp when I want, or farm or quest with a reroll without getting ganked

I think in the old days you couldn't make both faction characters on a pvp realm, but on pve you could. i've always liked the fact that pvp just turns off after 5 minutes so you can leave the pvp if it gets too bullshit.

I regret rolling on a pvp realm, made me quit classic (even before honor system, my server had 68/32 ratio to horde)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pyrewood Village PvE EU.

Constant battles going on in Hillsbrad
    No 40v1 gank parties
    A lot of world boss competition often ending up in pvp battles after boss is dead

The only thing we miss out on is being ganked when fighting 3 mobs. Big loss indeed.

Anyone who is not a sadist will not enjoy a PvP server

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Herpaderp if you choose pvp then this is the deal. If you dont enjoy it, quit. I mean, who doesnt find great pleaseure in getting their buttholdes torn wide open by getting gangbanged by 10 people at the same time? Its awesome enjoyment, wow at its peak! Herpaderp
    So let me get this straight. Someone is contributing to a thread by saying their experience is the exact opposite of what the OP asks and you come in with the same thing that every indoctrinated PVP server slave says.

OT: I have never, for one second in my near 14 years of playing, regretted choosing a normal server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    Pyrewood Village PvE EU.

Constant battles going on in Hillsbrad
    No 40v1 gank parties
    A lot of world boss competition often ending up in pvp battles after boss is dead

The only thing we miss out on is being ganked when fighting 3 mobs. Big loss indeed.
    Same server as me

I'm surprised how active TM vs SS is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    Anyone who is not a sadist will not enjoy a PvP server
    Hey, be fair, they could be a masochist or a moron too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. I hanq out with some quildies from retail who play on classic PvP and laught at them when they constantly complain about getting ganked.
    English is not my mainspec!

I don't actually think about the fact that I'm on a pve server until I'm reminded by different forums that pvp servers exist. It does not come up.

Do I regret being able to actually play the game and not run like a fucking idiot in black and white environments? I suppose not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Do you ever feel like you’re missing out on all the world PvP that occurs in PvP realms?
    I can telly you as someone who rolled on a PvE server back in the day to avoid all the BS while leveling, there was tons of world PvP going on on a regular basis. Enough to where I could enjoy it on my own time and have fun with it. Not be forced into it just because or constantly have to worry about getting ganked.

I, like many, regret the opposite. The death squads are out of hand and people spouting that this is vanilla like they even know what vanilla was. The children dont realize that there is a huge difference between vanilla pvp with 3000 people who didnt understand honor system vs classic pvp with 15000 who do. I have swapped to soloing dme lashers for all my farming because the world is impossible to handle without a 10 man raid minimum. When paid transfers are a thing, im sure many will be hauling ass onto pve servers.

The OP sounds like he believes in the incorrect notion that world PvP doesn't happen on a PvE realm.

PvE realms are the perfect realm type. If you want world PvP, you got it. If you want to quest or farm in peace, you got it.

People who willingly choose PvP realms, are either morons, or just simply immature.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    So let me get this straight. Someone is contributing to a thread by saying their experience is the exact opposite of what the OP asks and you come in with the same thing that every indoctrinated PVP server slave says.

OT: I have never, for one second in my near 14 years of playing, regretted choosing a normal server.
    Just being sarcastic. Always someone saying that shit and its infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The OP sounds like he believes in the incorrect notion that world PvP doesn't happen on a PvE realm.

PvE realms are the perfect realm type. If you want world PvP, you got it. If you want to quest or farm in peace, you got it.

People who willingly choose PvP realms, are either morons, or just simply immature.
    Yes and no. On paper PvP realms seem cool. Moving in constant danger can be fun.

Problem is that constant danger translates in constant ganking, that completely ruins game sessions. I did not foresee this back then and so I stayed in a PvP realm until WM was a thing.

I don’t think I will retry Classic but in case, PvE all the life. It’s basically the old WM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

nowadays there's a third reason: people that blindly follow streamers. Most streamers have to compare their e-peen with others to stay "competitive" so they all flock to pvp servers, and their brainless masses follow them

On the contrary, I am happy that I leveled on a normal realm.

I actually prefer PVP realms on retail. I would have probably leveled on a PVP realm in classic if not for the fact that my guild decided to all join a normal realm in classic.

After leveling a toon on that normal realm, i decided to level a toon on a realm that one of my friends was on. A PVP realm. It's been a much less enjoyable experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    In 2005 PvE realm I was on had some WPvP even though it was a small one so yeah I can imagine nowadays it's more prevalent.
    Yeah,raiders want those PvP set items too,after all

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I regret rolling on a PvP realm, especially now that HK's with no battlegrounds are a thing. I'm actually considering rerolling PvE (my guild was the only reason I rolled PvP, and that guild has mostly fallen apart on Classic, so I don't have much reason to stick with the PvP realm anymore).
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-11-29 at 09:11 PM.