Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biochem92 View Post
    We got guns here, for better actually. Over there not only do you guys have gangs and street crime but you got Terrorism by a group of ppl that mean to replace in their entirety the prior existing population. Good luck your going to need it cause God cant help you.
    You are aware American terrorist want to replace every one not like them as well right? So the only difference would be terrorist in America have guns instead of knifes which is much more of a threat.

Is the mayor still Sadiq Khan, the part and parcel guy?
    Yeah that saying has been so misquoted by foxnews and the like. One of those things that needs the full context and not just the single sentence out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Notice how nobody died but the attacker?
    This is exactly why it is dumb to jump to conclusions right away because we now have two deaths.

Those who charged the terrorist cunt are the true definition of heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Yeah that saying has been so misquoted by foxnews and the like. One of those things that needs the full context and not just the single sentence out of context.

This is exactly why it is dumb to jump to conclusions right away because we now have two deaths.

legit fucking heroes those guys

https://twitter.com/GeorgeRobarts/st...246336/photo/1

This man was walking behind us on the other side of London Bridge when the attack began. He ran through traffic and jumped the central partition to tackle the attacker with several others. We ran away but looks like he disarmed him. Amazing bravery @BBCNews #londonbridge

walking of with the attackers knife after disarming him.

and total respect to this dude holding down the attacker who had a suspected bomb vest on
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-11-29 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Good that things were taken care of quickly by those involved.

Said the American.... good grief.

As though the US doesn't have gangs and street crime.... and terrorism, too. Only difference is probably that most terrorism in the US is from white homegrown fuckbags (that likely sound the way you do).
    Jeez how racist are you? White fuckbag's? Ive never heard that term but stay jelly and enjoy typing on the computer that white ppl made. Also learn english man, my statement clearly says that we have gangs and street crime. Stop being angry at life and get a job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post

statement is not a misquoate, he generally believes that terrorism is part of living in a big city (googled it as of this thread, first three articles stated this). Stop spreading misinformation he deserves no chance at re-election.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    legit fucking heroes those guys

https://twitter.com/GeorgeRobarts/st...246336/photo/1

walking of with the attackers knife after disarming him.

and total respect to this dude holding down the attacker who had a suspected bomb vest on
    give those heroes The George Cross

We got guns here, for better actually. Over there not only do you guys have gangs and street crime but you got Terrorism by a group of ppl that mean to replace in their entirety the prior existing population. Good luck your going to need it cause God cant help you.
    We have domestic terrorists, mass shootings far more than any of the incidents they have in Europe. One of their terrorist attacks pales in comparison to our mass shootings we have every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super proud of the heroes who stepped in.... not sure I could have done the same on my own accord... With a bunch of people sure, maybe not 1 on 1 though. Our government may be going to pot but our country is still awesome <3

I cross London bridge every morning on my way to work and again on my way home, I literally just came home over 3 hours ago. So I missed this horrifying stuff :S
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-11-29 at 07:54 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Didnt know if it should be in a thread of its own so posted it here

Another attack today aswell

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...uries-20992319

An attacker is on the loose after three people were stabbed in The Hague, the Netherlands which was packed with shoppers for Black Friday

10+ Year Old Account
    statement is not a misquoate, he generally believes that terrorism is part of living in a big city (googled it as of this thread, first three articles stated this). Stop spreading misinformation he deserves no chance at re-election.
    Full quote;
    "Part and parcel of living in a great global city is you’ve got to be prepared for these things, you’ve got to be vigilant, you’ve got to support the police doing an incredibly hard job. We must never accept terrorists being successful, we must never accept that terrorists can destroy our life or destroy the way we lead our lives."

So what part do you take issue with; the factually correct observation that terrorism attacks mostly occur in big cities? The idea that police forces should be vigilant against such attacks? That terrorism is terrible and must be opposed?

What, exactly, is your problem with what Khan was saying?

Yet we still have more homicide. Be it from our own citizens or foreigners, we have statistically have a bigger issue.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

5+ Year Old Account
    Settle down. Stop derailing the thread with forbidden topics and the US.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Full quote;
    "Part and parcel of living in a great global city is you’ve got to be prepared for these things, you’ve got to be vigilant, you’ve got to support the police doing an incredibly hard job. We must never accept terrorists being successful, we must never accept that terrorists can destroy our life or destroy the way we lead our lives."

So what part do you take issue with; the factually correct observation that terrorism attacks mostly occur in big cities? The idea that police forces should be vigilant against such attacks? That terrorism is terrible and must be opposed?

Funny how what he actually said was "We need more police to minimalize the threat." (since the threat no matter where you live and the threat is not absolute 0). Yet the right seems to twist it as "Surrender there's nothing we can do."

I wonder if his religion has something to do with why the right hate him and twist it so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    statement is not a misquoate,
    Wrong. So wrong. Stop being wrong.

Also, we have gangs...you guys own the rights to the worst gangs in westernised culture ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Wrong. So wrong. Stop being wrong.

Also, we have gangs...you guys own the rights to the worst gangs in westernised culture ffs.
    Yep, which they created due to enforcing drug laws instead of making all drugs legal safe and easily available and helping people with their problems instead of throwing them in prison for life over a substance.

There are layers to everything and roots to all issues but no one cares about the root only the weed.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Full quote;

That's the thing..... Khan's not wrong Eod. Yea I can see why some people found it a bit blunt, it's not really the normal way a politician speaks, you kind of expect them to talk about eradicating it a big idealist things like "we will totaly eradicate [insert sociatys problem here]" but I mean I think we're all grown up enough that no matter who's actualy in power or how good there intentions are these problems and especially the one sadiq is referring to hae no complete answers, no silver bullets and it's not going to be something that just goes away with a policy change or good intentions so we need to prepare for it.

I think he could have put it alot better than he did, and as people know I'm no supporter of labour as a Lib dem/Green voter. But like ultimately we have to accept that living in a large pupulation center means living In a large target for those who hate your society, whether that's Islamic terror or the IRA befor them or the Germans bombing or hell even the catholics way back in history, its just a fact Eod.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    My right to live supercedes your right to wield boomsticks. If the attacker had a gun this would have been a lot deadlier.
    Your post makes no sense.

But anti gun activists usually don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    That's the thing..... Khan's not wrong Eod.
    Ok, point to the terror attacks in my city or any other big city in South Korea then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    London really has become a scary place. Hopefully there's no deaths/permanent injuries.
    Every time I hear about an attack I quickly think about my aunt, uncle and cousins still living their, and confirm from my mother when she last spoke to them. Thankfully they don't live in central London, but of course do travel to the capital sometimes, so always concerned when this happens

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Ok, point to the terror attacks in my city or any other big city in South Korea then.
    What are you after?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I'd point north of your boarder, what I'm saying and what essentially kharn is saying is you live in a big city, you live in a big target, if your country has enemy's that's where there going to try to hit and people need to be vigilent of that, and I'd say you should know that all to well as out there in Korea your playing with big nuclear stakes of your own.

Also

North Korea's use of state terrorism tactics has included assassination, kidnapping, as well as sabotage against both government personnel and civilian targets on more than 470 occasions, which has led to at least 3,738 casualties.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-11-29 at 09:57 PM.