10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah pretty poor episode tbf. Need bit more mystery, this was a very poor filler episode imho...
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Why was that one lady so thirsty? She was ready to adopt Baby Yoda and lock Mando down. Pacing was good. Humor was good. Still felt like a cowboy yandering around. Still better than the first half of the pilot

Can definitely mark it as filler for re-watches.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Pretty decent episode, but it felt like I was watching an episode of the old Fugitive or Incredible Hulk series from decades ago.

Dude shows up and finds a group of people in need of help
    He helps them
    Forms a brief yet tender bond with someone
    Needs to get back on the road because something from his past is one step behind him.

standard (any action/adventure)tv show epsiode.. somehow the mandalorian is supposed to be above that? it's star wars for one. what more do you guys want?
    felt kind of like a typical SG-1 episode to me.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    baby yoda da da da da da da da baby yo da da da da da da. easily the best part of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    standard (any action/adventure)tv show epsiode.. somehow the mandalorian is supposed to be above that? it's star wars for one. what more do you guys want?
    Well that's exactly the problem. It's a standard issue action/adventure episode, but those other shows generally had 20+ 45 minute long episodes a season to fill over several seasons. They need some filler episodes. This was episode #4 of an 8 episode series where the episodes are 30-40 minutes long. If they had done something novel with the concept it'd be one thing, but all they did was the same thing any show could do but with a little bit of Star Wars thrown in (and all that did was show how crappy Imperial tech is, which we already knew).

What a stepdown from the other episodes, i had to skip 20 minutes of it out of boredom.

I think looking at this one as a filler ep is wrong. Mandalorian thought after shooting up the guild (and presumably killing the guild master), he should lay low for a while. Simple enough. Problem is that he underestimated how many people are still hunting both him and the child, and their ability to track them down literally anywhere they go. This little diversion established that there's no such thing as a "safe place" to hide out for a while. They will never be safe unless they find a way to disable all those tracking fobs and kill everyone involved in sending people after the baby and him.

If next week's episode is another one with the same basic plot as this one ("we should be safe here-OH NO, WE'VE BEEN FOUND"), then we can legitimately worry about the future of this series.

My concern with the episode is the one villager who knew how to shoot and fight: where did she learn all this? At one point she wants to show Mando something in the house and he declines: most people probably interpret that little throwaway scene as her trying to get him in the sack, but I kinda think she legit wanted to show him something about her past. I wonder if it'll come back around to this at some point, or if it'll just become a dropped and forgotten story thread.

Also, the opening scene with the raiders... Am I the only one who thought "Uruk-hai in space?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    My concern with the episode is the one villager who knew how to shoot and fight: where did she learn all this? At one point she wants to show Mando something in the house and he declines: most people probably interpret that little throwaway scene as her trying to get him in the sack, but I kinda think she legit wanted to show him something about her past. I wonder if it'll come back around to this at some point, or if it'll just become a dropped and forgotten story thread.
    I think it'll be a dropped and forgotten story. The whole village seemed strange. That one guy said he read a lot about Mandalorians. For a place that has no star port or anything else, and for someone whos grandparents seeded the farm, id assume hes never been off world. So where could he have read about them? She knew they dont remove their helms and she knew how to fire a gun and not just fire it... Girl could shoot. She kept the target in place as she hit it over and over and over.

So either her parents were mandalorians who went into hiding during the purge, and thats why she and others knows about them. Or she just randomly shoots good to give the mando a possible family moment.

Probably reading to much into it, but it just felt weird to me.

People are calling it a filler episode? What did it lack that the "Jawas stole my shit and I have to go on a quest to get it back" episode had?

I know people have somehow convinced themselves that Star Wars is supposed to be some profound cinema, when it's more often than not just cheesy action schlock...but can we please get some perspective on this cheesy action schlock show, at least?
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-11-30 at 02:38 AM.

only thing that seemed to me odd was the spill no one has seen my face since i was kid.. takes off helm while looking out an open window >.>
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    Yeah I felt the same but is that really a bad thing? I feel SG 1 was one of the best sci-fi tv shows we have had in the past idk 20 years. If all we get is a show that is average SG1 I wouldn’t turn that down.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    only thing that seemed to me odd was the spill no one has seen my face since i was kid.. takes off helm while looking out an open window >.>

Seemed to me in that moment that he almost wanted to be seen. Maybe to give him a reason to stay or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Seemed to me in that moment that he almost wanted to be seen. Maybe to give him a reason to stay or something.
    I must be missing something didn't Jango show his face to people? Or was he an outcast or something.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    Maybe the Mando code has a provision for peeping toms.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    I must be missing something didn't Jango show his face to people? Or was he an outcast or something.
    I believe Jango and Boba weren’t Mandalorians.
    Last edited by ohiostate124; 2019-11-30 at 02:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way too rushed. Episodes need to be longer. Weak throwaway line saying they've been in the village for weeks? I want to like you, series. /shakesfist
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    This rule is specific to this group of Mandalorians.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    First episode down, hot takes.
    Not sure what to think about the last scene but interesting.

little did he know that baby yoda from this scene will one day become the king of the internet

Funny people seem to dislike this episode so much, it was my favorite so far. Slowed things down a bit, got to know our characters and their desires a bit more, really loved the balance between Gina Carano's character and the Mandalorian, assuming/hoping they form a partnership for the rest of the series. Wonder why she has a bounty on her head.

Don't care at all that the small village under attack has been done before... welcome to writing, there are no new ideas, just better executions. The little bits of detail were great, the village droids were fun. The little hint at romance was kind of whatever, doubt we'll see these people again, or if we do it would probably be the retirement option for the character at the very end. In a traditional show they probably would have spent more time resting here, but this show is pretty clearly about moving on fast. Folks who hated the episode will probably be fine with whatever new place and new concept they do next week. I think at least a part of the concept behind this show is tossing a lot of ideas out and seeing which stick to the audience.