Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[8.3 PTR] 2 More Allied Races before 9.0 Inc?

Not really anything extravagant but this image is from the 8.3 PTR in regards to the Allied Race character creation screen:

The open spaces at the bottom scream to me at least 1 more Allied race per faction is coming. I also could not imagine they would not come in Shadowlands as Allied Races were marketed as a Battle for Azeroth feature and Blizzard has already stated the initial/beginning story of Shadowlands doesn't really allow for new Allied Races.

Or I could just be over thinking things and it's just a PTR mishap. /shrug

Now that Vulpera are being added given the almost 2 years debate over them even being wanted/unwanted by the WoW community I feel as all bets are off in terms of what races would "fit" to be added. That being said I can still see either:

-- Jinyu for the Alliance, Hozen for the Horde

-- Ankoan for the Alliance, Kelfin for the Horde

...or a combination nobody has thought of yet.

Thoughts? 2 more races incoming? Or just a coincidence?

Possibly.

High Elves for Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Now that Vulpera are being added given the almost 2 years debate over them even being wanted/unwanted by the WoW community I feel as all bets are off in terms of what races would "fit" to be added. That being said I can still see either:

8.3.5 will almost certainly have another - probably fairly unique modelwise - set of allied races to keep people playing and paying.
    And I deeply hope the Horde doesn't get gilgoblins. They're boring, they're not unique, and we just got the "goblin model" used for Vulpera.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I would love more (Allied) Races in general I am pretty sure the banner length is due to the normal length of the non allied races (read: Orc, UD, Troll,etc...) If you check its the same length and they probably just copy pasted the banner for the allied races.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see Mok'nathal for the Horde (using the Kul'Tiran base) and Broken draenei (using the Tauren base like they currently do) or, personal preference here, furbolgs using the pandaren base on Alliance. The latter wouldn't require too much model work, just slim down the stomach, edit the hands/forearms, and put in new heads.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

High Elf + Night Elf undead
    The setup is there in 8.3, it fits the next xpack aswell.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2019-11-30 at 02:09 PM.

I think you are reading way too much into that one small detail

Quote Originally Posted by Love Machine View Post
    Possibly.

High Elves for Alliance.
    Highly doubt that.

Possibly.

High Elves for Alliance.
    never ever happening Void elves are your high elves

I would see either Jinyu Hozen or the ankoan and kelfin since we have 2 zones were we recruit them I think the latter is more likely, since Hozen lore wise only live for like 15 years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    I think you are reading way too much into that one small detail

Certainly a possibility!

Possibly.

High Elves for Alliance.

Nice meme.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going with 'neither', considering Blizzard has gone on record that "allied races" is something they want to continue in the future (i.e. future expansions).

So it could be just them making room for the future.

Also: the banner size is unchanged from how it is in the current live game, since both the "Core Races" and "Allied Races" banners are one and the same. There are still two rows unfilled (since the new midget races are not implemented yet), so more than likely it's neither a mishap nor a tease of things to come pre-9.0.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Not really anything extravagant but this image is from the 8.3 PTR in regards to the Allied Race character creation screen:

The open spaces at the bottom scream to me at least 1 more Allied race per faction is coming. I also could not imagine they would not come in Shadowlands as Allied Races were marketed as a Battle for Azeroth feature and Blizzard has already stated the initial/beginning story of Shadowlands doesn't really allow for new Allied Races.

Or I could just be over thinking things and it's just a PTR mishap. /shrug

There’s also the friendly tribe of mogu we work with in8.3 that are a possibility.

Blizzard has already stated the initial/beginning story of Shadowlands doesn't really allow for new Allied Races
    I think undead Night elves would really fit to be either a prepatch thing or a part of the "improved customization" feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    The possibility exists.

Not only is there an empty set of spaces on the character creation screen, but if you go to the embassies on the PTR the placement of the Allied race banners are seriously out of whack and almost OCD triggering.

If a final pair of Allied races exist, they would have to be included in a hypothetical 8.3.5 patch.

Now, there is a very good chance, perhaps it is even almost a certainty, that this won't happen before 9.0. After all, the art team is currently working on improving the character models for core races, upgrading them and that is going to take a ton of work. And given the presence of Wildhammer Dwarf and Desert Troll like skins coming in 9.0 to Dwarves and Trolls, I think the era of Allied races being little more than new skin colours for older races is over.

Assuming it is possible, then the Allied races have been picked for 8.3.5. They have been seeded. And their character models are already complete but are being deliberately kept out of the game so as to preserve the surprise (which goes against how Allied races have been developed. One of the strongest arguments in favour of Vulpera was that they were already player quality when introduced).

The candidates would have to be something that has a reputation tied to them but which has so far not produced an Allied race.

Of the initial reputations released in BFA, three have already produced allied races...the Voldunai, the Zandalari Empire and Proudmoore Admiralty

Talanji's expedition, Order of Embers and the Storm's Wake do not have realistic candidates. I discount them.

The Rustbolt Resistance reputation added in 8.2 has already produced Alliance Mechagnomes.

The Waveblade Ankoan has not produced an Allied race nor has it's Horde counterpart the Unshackled.

The 8.3 factions of the Rajani and the Uldum Accord have not produced Allied races either.

The Uldum Accord is not going to give us playable Tol'vir. They are ruled out.

Three realistic candidates remain.

Ankoan for the Alliance. Kelfin for the Horde. And Mogu (through the Uldum) rep for one or the other.

Given that Kelfin are a lightly modified goblin model, and the Vulpera are also a modified goblin model, I would predict that they are less likely than the Ankoans. I would predict then that the final pair of Allied races, IF they exist, would be Alliance Ankoan and Horde Mogu.

High Elves and Mok'nothal would fit as they are both "Dying" races, though that's unlikely as Blizz devs keep insisting that they have no idea how to differentiate High Elves from Blood Elves, even though they could clearly give them Ranger themed racials and heritage armor, so instead they gave Alliance Grape-flavored Diet High Elves, we'll probably get something like Furbolgs, they could use Pandaren models, BUT that wouldn't really fit the more tribal nature of Furbolg, I feel like modified Orc models would fit better

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    And I deeply hope the Horde doesn't get gilgoblins. They're boring, they're not unique, and we just got the "goblin model" used for Vulpera.
    Please, for the love of god no. Gilgoblins in Nazjatar are the most annoyingly positive Barney the Dinosaur "I love my friends!" race in the game.

The Horde should have come in and purged them all with flame and enslaved the giants for our own purposes.

Would have been nice to have one final set of Allied Races before the end of the expansion, however the lack of any discussion at Blizzcon, announcement later on and I think it was revealed in an interview that 8.3 would be the last big patch of BFA, means Vulpera and Mechagones are the last for a long while.

I don't see any race being set up enough to become a playable race right now. While you do have Mogu, Ankoan and Tolvir rep factions, why would any race join either faction now since the whole story of 8.3 is fighting N'zoth and faction ceasefire? And I don't see them add an 8.3.5 trying to make sense of adding another pair of allied races. With Shadowlands, announced I believe all manpower is being shifted to the next expansion and just finishing off any pending stuff for 8.3 or the prepatch. If significant work were made on making two new races playable, it probably would have been teased by now. Would love to be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    High Elves and Mok'nothal would fit as they are both "Dying" races, though that's unlikely as Blizz devs keep insisting that they have no idea how to differentiate High Elves from Blood Elves, even though they could clearly give them Ranger themed racials and heritage armor, so instead they gave Alliance Grape-flavored Diet High Elves, we'll probably get something like Furbolgs, they could use Pandaren models, BUT that wouldn't really fit the more tribal nature of Furbolg, I feel like modified Orc models would fit better
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    never ever happening Void elves are your high elves

I would see either Jinyu Hozen or the ankoan and kelfin since we have 2 zones were we recruit them I think the latter is more likely, since Hozen lore wise only live for like 15 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    High Elf + Night Elf undead
    The setup is there in 8.3, it fits the next xpack aswell.
    Possibly.

High Elves for Alliance.
    Keep High elf stuff in the high elf megathread, it exists for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Keep High elf stuff in the high elf megathread, it exists for a reason.
    This is a thread about possible next Allied Races, so shut up.

This is a thread about possible next Allied Races, so shut up.
    How about you follow forum rules.