10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Unfortunately most, if not all, of them are always long on talk and very short on action. I wouldn't hold my breath
    Well see if the GOP members on the judiciary committee put up the same circus as the ones on the intelligence committee.

Let me just look up who is on the committee...looks like the circus will be back in town.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Well see if the GOP members on the judiciary committee put up the same circus as the ones on the intelligence committee.

Let me just look up who is on the committee...looks like the circus will be back in town.
    Keep in mind SCOTUS Chief Justice will be ruling the roost once the trial gets under way. I'm sure the GOP Senate leadership will design the rules as favorably as possible to try and get outside and irrelevant testimony entered, but at the end of the day, Roberts will have the deciding say (no appeals).

Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    You are right, if the gop came together with a unanimous vote for impeachment, and subsequently to remove him, they would have more justification with their voter base given that EVERY gop member voted for it, so their voters would have to accept that it was the right thing to do. If only a few vote for it, then voters might consider a different candidate next time.
    Beyond that, Republicans are going to be extremely reluctant to hand Democrats a 'win' of that magnitude--a kind of psychic win that builds on itself. Pence would almost assuredly lose 2020, so they'd really effectively be handing over the presidency while also not getting re-elected.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Beyond that, Republicans are going to be extremely reluctant to hand Democrats a 'win' of that magnitude--a kind of psychic win that builds on itself. Pence would almost assuredly lose 2020, so they'd really effectively be handing over the presidency while also not getting re-elected.
    And while I was the one to suggest it, I agree that it would be almost impossible for them to do. They would have to coordinate, at a national level, both support to go against Trump (and more than likely Pence, who would be a terrible candidate for the 2020 election) AND on that same national level, find someone else to take the helm and run the GOP ticket in 2020.

Now, they can do it. McConnell wields that kind of power. He could get the GOP Senators on board, and they could get their respective House Members to sign on - the good of the party and all that. They have a great candidate, Nikki Haley, waiting in the wings. And some white male could jump on board for the VP slot.

The irony is that the current GOP insane fan base that is backing Trump could be brought around to following someone new. Hell - they could put Trump, Jr. on the ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Oh hey. Remember those Peace Talks with the Taliban that Trump announced yesterday? Seems like he made those up on the spot. Surprising absolutely nobody.

Trump was specific about this round of peace talks involving a ceasefire, which is something his administration immediately walked back. Both the Afghan government and the Taliban have denied any talks exist at all.

Of course there also the small matter that Trump said he canceled the last round of peace talks because … well lets let him say it
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Trump
    What kind of people would kill so many in order to seemingly strengthen their bargaining position?
    Well Donald, the answer is the Taliban. Everybody but you knew that. You acted like you just figured out what a terrorist is. Anyway, the Taliban has not changed significantly in the two whole months that have passed since then, so I don't know why you are restarting talks you ended in September...

*checks news cycle*

Nevermind. I figured it out.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-11-30 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Oh hey. Remember those Peace Talks with the Taliban that Trump announced yesterday? Seems like he made those up on the spot. Surprising absolutely nobody.

Trump was specific about this round of peace talks involving a ceasefire, which is something his administration immediately walked back. Both the Afghan government and the Taliban have denied any talks exist at all.

Of course there also the small matter that Trump said he canceled the last round of peace talks because … well lets let him say it

Well Donald, the answer is the Taliban. Everybody but you knew that. You acted like you just figured out what a terrorist is. Anyway, the Taliban has not changed significantly in the two whole months that have passed since then, so I don't know why you are restarting talks you ended in September...

*checks news cycle*

Nevermind. I figured it out.
    Whatever happened to "we don't negotiate with terrorists," I wonder?
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-11-30 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile he kissed NKs ass so many times they probably made a statue out of it. Saudi Arabia has out here covering up Scarface reenactments. Assad and Erdogan and 'cleansing' everyone. People in Ukraine are dying because he wants dirt on Biden.

Heh, but Trump suddenly care about what speaking to bad people might do to his image.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-11-30 at 07:06 PM. Reason: infracted for trolling

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Oh hey. Remember those Peace Talks with the Taliban that Trump announced yesterday?
    Trump is doing the same thing here he is still doing with China, with the Wall, with NAFTA 1.0.0.2 and his GDP/job numbers.

"Only I can fix it!"
    "You didn't fix it."
    "Well that was someone else's fault."

Trump gave Congress a NAFTA 1.0.0.2 plan with little to no American worker protection, the Democrats are trying to add such right now, and he's calling them Do-Nothing because they won't sign something that protects American workers -- the whole point of NAFTA Classic in the first place. China won't cave, so suddenly this is about Hong Kong, despite the protests being relatively recent compared to the trade war. North Korea refused to budge an inch without Trump bending over in public, so at least he's being honest about that. But it's always been "do things exactly the way that I want, and things will go exactly the way I want, otherwise it's your fault."

Trump doesn't make deals. Trump makes excuses. Trump has six times explained in court why he should be able to take his money from a property that fails and leaves his investors with nothing. Trump has walked away from multiple wives, paving over "I couldn't keep my dick in my pants" with money. Job numbers or DOW not as high as that black guy's? Promise a 10% middle class tax cut, or Infrastructure Week, or health care plan, never write anything down (Sharpie or otherwise) and blame others for not writing his bigly yuge legislation that would have been perfect for him.

Trump can't run on his record, and he can't run from a position of power. He has to be the poor underdog kept down by The Man. Trump has been The Man since the 1980's and even then he was looking for excuses to pay the illegal immigrants he hired even less money. He hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Whatever happened to "we don't negotiate with terrorists," I wonder?
    Abandoned during Obama admin, in his futile attempt to reach everyone. Only came to show why such a policy is good to begin with.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-11-30 at 07:08 PM. Reason: infracted for trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Meanwhile he kissed NKs ass so many times they probably made a statue out of it. Saudi Arabia has out here covering up Scarface reenactments. Assad and Erdogan and 'cleansing' everyone. People in Ukraine are dying because he wants dirt on Biden.

Heh, but Trump suddenly care about what speaking to bad people might do to his image.
    Yeah, it is almost like I made a thread about the long term consequences of Trump's behavior, and it offended a mod that doesn't like anyone to talk bad about the Tangerine Traitor.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-11-30 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Infracted for forbidden topics

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrielle View Post
    Abandoned during Obama admin, in his futile attempt to reach everyone. Only came to show why such a policy is good to begin with.
    Ended with Nixon. He negotiated with NV to stall peace talks to win an election, to stall peace talks. Regan negotiated with Iran to keep the hostages to win an election.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-11-30 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Ended with Nixon. He negotiated with NV to stall peace talks to win an election, to stall peace talks. Regan negotiated with Iran to keep the hostages to win an election.
    and dont forget his deal with the Contras
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-11-30 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    and dont forget his deal with the Contras
    I just live the fact that that asshole went on national TV admitting he committed treason. But because in his heart he felt it was the right thing to do, everyone gave him a pass.

There have been numerous warnings to stay on topic. Keep the discussions to the impeachment and not to random discussions of Trump, republicans or anything else.

And I thought estalogical was bad with what he considers off topic.

How is talking about the person being impeached and his misconduct off topic in the impeachment thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    There have been numerous warnings to stay on topic. Keep the discussions to the impeachment and not to random discussions of Trump, republicans or anything else.
    Those things are intertwined, disusing the latest republican lie is directly and indirectly related to Trump's crimes - and discussing the many lies attempting to distract from the impeachment is without question related to the impeachment, just because you don't like people pointing out the republican corruption doesn't mean its off topic or trolling .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Did you really infract the same person twice on the same page you goddamn bitch, @Thwart? You don't fucking do that you waste of light green font.

Mad that your orange overlord is in trouble? How small of a person can you fucking get? Too bad that no amount of abusing your power will ever make it go away rofl.
    Sad that the main site admins see nothing wrong with this behavior. Go ahead and infract me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    The mod instructions in the first post say small off-topic conversations or single posts--which is what had here--are fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    The mod instructions in the first post say small off-topic conversations or single posts--which is what had here--are fine.
    Stop bringing facts to a feel fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Stop bringing facts to a feel fight.
    Fair.

/10 chars