Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I did a thread like this a while back. Some of the responses sure were...interesting. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ne-Free-Retcon

I'd focus on small things. Arcs I wish had occurred along the line. Like this expansion would've been the perfect time to bring back Drek'thar and address his previous proclamation that "the frostwolves would never aid the forsaken. Not now, not ever!" as Hillsbrad is being overtaken by the Alliance on their way to Arathi. Sylvanas could've been like "have it your way then" and left them all to die.

I wouldn't even retcon WOD. For all the dumb stuff, at least we got playable mag'har orcs out of it.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-11-30 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    ???????????????
    The only Tauren left with an attitude and a spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    Hate to break it to ya but Nazgrim died in Siege of Orgrimmar... "lore people" indeed.

He's a Horseman now, he wouldn't take sides in the conflict.
    See? He may have died, but he is back now. As an undead he could understand the Forsaken, and as an Orc he is kin to the core races. The perfect person to properly lead all of them. Also with no Lich King at the moment the title of Horseman doesn't mean much. And even if Bolvar gets back his position with a new helmet, he won't be in a position to bargain. If the Horde and Nazgrim want each other, they will have it.

7+ Year Old Account
    if it was under my power, go back to mop, in 5.2, and retcon all the shit that happened after it

Self insert myself into the game either creating a new character or changing already existing one to fit me. Then also abuse my power to crap on race/s i dont like and elevate those i like. And of course wrote a hamfisted love story for my ingame waifu and even more hamfisted redemption story involving ridiculous 4444D chess plans.

I'd come up with an actual morally grey villain. Someone who is truly fighting because he believes he is doing the right thing, who has motivations that you can understand, and who has a clear and precise backstory. Someone who is different from Sylvanas, a terrible villain with inconsistent motivations and cheap power-ups and who is not, never was, and never will be "morally grey".

I think I'd have a lot of fun writing Yrel and Alleria for a hypothetical Light and Void expansion, having them become villainous while at the same time trying to convey the idea that they have logical and coherent reasons for doing evil things.

And like, I am not even trying to shit on Blizzard, because I know they can write morally grey villains. Sargeras, Malygos, and Daelin to name a few. But the villains in BfA were all terrible, especially Sylvanas and N'Zoth.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-11-30 at 09:48 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd make sure each race has a moment to shine in each expansion. Too often its like 75% one or two races, 25% everyone else.

And I would make sure things were communicated clearly in game, as I cannot stand cryptic nonsense (big part of why I lost interest in Warframe).
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Self insert myself into the game either creating a new character or changing already existing one to fit me. Then also abuse my power to crap on race/s i dont like and elevate those i like. And of course wrote a hamfisted love story for my ingame waifu and even more hamfisted redemption story involving ridiculous 4444D chess plans.
    Dammit Danuser, get out of Vlad's account! Shoo! Bad Cringecaller!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Former sky admiral cathrine rogers stages a coup against anduin with the help of shaw, genn and tyrande. And anduin is promptly transported to the warden vault promply rebuild. Mean while the alliance starts building massive amounts of airships. Flight carriers planes and subs. Thats as far as i got before i got bored.

Anduin and Wrathion are getting married, period.

Lor'themar and Liadrin are getting married and restarting the Silvermoon monarchy, end of story.

Tyrande and Malfurion are getting divorced. Tyrande starts to hang with Illidan instead.

Shaw and Wrymbane are getting married, period.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i read over every single ounce of previous lore relevant to what i'm attempting to write for currently and avoid retconning anything for the foreseeable future.

make my underlings join me for a sermon each morning, where they all have to chant "internal consistency is good and needed" over and over for an hour.
    Oh yes. It would be my main aim to avoid retcons.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Tyrande and Malfurion are getting divorced. Tyrande starts to hang with Illidan instead.
    How? Isn't he busy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Shadowmoon (The Cleft)
    This is one small problem. Shadowmoon should get a base on top of Orgrimmar because they are astronomers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    Former sky admiral cathrine rogers stages a coup against anduin with the help of shaw, genn and tyrande. And anduin is promptly transported to the warden vault promply rebuild. Mean while the alliance starts building massive amounts of airships. Flight carriers planes and subs. Thats as far as i got before i got bored.
    Genn would not do that. Tyrande and Rogers can do that alone. I think it is quite cool idea.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

If I had the misfortune of ending up in the wretched hive of talentless hacks and main devs' meddling that is the Blizzard writing team I'd kill myself for failing at life beyond any measure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    So you would play Jaina, crap on orcs, elevate humans, write a love story involving blue dragons and redemption story with parent issues?

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    How? Isn't he busy?
    In 9.0, Mother moon's servant can do anything.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    So you would play Jaina, crap on orcs, elevate humans, write a love story involving blue dragons and redemption story with parent issues?
    In case of Jaina only her redemption fits the bill. And if you think that whole Horde story in BfA was humiliating then you missed the memo, or at least writers disagree with you.

3+ Year Old Account
    If I were in charge the first thing I'd do is fix troll lore. Hmm let's see....

Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub become the trolls' new capital cities (Zandalari can come too), Talanji appoints the Council of Zuldazar as the future leaders of the Zandalari

Vol'jin comes back but as the new Loa of Kings.
    Rezan stays in Ardenweald so he doesn't have to see Bwonsamdi

Druids from both the Alliance and Horde band together to grow a new tree to replace Teldrassil in hopes Tyrande will finally calm down

Bwonsamdi lets Rastakhan freely leave the Other Side whenever he wants so he can talk to Talanji. His temple is also restored to its former glory (this includes Zo'bal, Terrace of Sorrows etc) anything Blood Troll related is gone from the area, but the troll spirits can stay

That's all I can think of so far, I might add more later
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Druids from both the Alliance and Horde band together to grow a new tree to replace Teldrassil in hopes Tyrande will finally calm down
    Don't know why this made me laugh but it did. Reminded me of the episode of That 70's Show when Kitty found out she was going through menopause and Eric and Red had to walk on eggshells to keep her from going off.

"Quick, plant a tree so she'll calm down!"

Quote Originally Posted by TayFarr View Post
    You become a writer on the blizzard writing/art team, a regular standard writer or the lead writer, what would you do if you were to gain such a position/ or such positions.
    I'll expand that to "what if you had complete control over the Warcraft IP". I've been thinking about that a lot.

I'd make a CGI Warcraft series, starting with the first war, completely ignoring the first Warcraft movie and all retcons that have been made to any kind of material. I'd base this mostly on the old games, lore from the manuals, RPG books and the first few novels, like The Last Guardian and Lord of the Clans, which were the best ones, in my opinion. Completely disregard all volumes of Chronicles.

I'd go through Warcraft 1, Warcraft 2, Beyond the Dark Portal, Warcraft 3 and The Frozen Throne.

Then I'd reboot World of Warcraft, as an entirely new game, starting after The Frozen Throne.

The Forsaken would not be a part of the Horde, but their own faction.

The Lich King would not have been Arthas dominating Ner'zhul, but a true fusion of the two. The Scourge would be their own faction, never really being outright defeated, but always appearing here and there, causing trouble.

The same I'd do for Illidan, Kael and Vashj. They'd be their own faction of Demon Hunters, Blood Elves and Naga, never going through what happened in TBC, but just being a faction that appears here and there and does things, more like an anti-hero kind of faction, that doesn't do outright evil things, causes trouble here and there but also sometimes allies with our factions when it makes sense, in the same way Horde and Alliance sometimes ally as well.

The Alliance would include Humans, Dwarves and High Elves.

The Horde would simply include Orcs, Trolls and Tauren, maybe Goblins and Ogres.

Night Elves would be their own faction, with Wardens, Dryads and other druidic creatures.

Blood Elves would never join the Horde, all of them are part of Kael'thas forces.

Draenei aren't a thing, only the ones on Draenor, and they will have no connection to the Eredar.

I'd include some things that they've come up with over the years, if I feel it makes sense and I like it (I'm a dictator)

Pandaren would be a thing, but Pandaria would be a much smaller island and would not receive their own expansion.

Less Old God stuff.

No Sargeras did nothing wrong.

No Naaru.

Deathwing wouldn't be a retard, but more of the scheming conniver we've known him as before Cataclysm.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Machine View Post
    I'll expand that to "what if you had complete control over the Warcraft IP". I've been thinking about that a lot.

I'd make a CGI Warcraft series, starting with the first war, completely ignoring the first Warcraft movie and all retcons that have been made to any kind of material. I'd base this mostly on the old games, lore from the manuals, RPG books and the first few novels, like The Last Guardian and Lord of the Clans, which were the best ones, in my opinion. Completely disregard all volumes of Chronicles.

I'd go through Warcraft 1, Warcraft 2, Beyond the Dark Portal, Warcraft 3 and The Frozen Throne.

Then I'd reboot World of Warcraft, as an entirely new game, starting after The Frozen Throne.

The Forsaken would not be a part of the Horde, but their own faction.

The Lich King would not have been Arthas dominating Ner'zhul, but a true fusion of the two. The Scourge would be their own faction, never really being outright defeated, but always appearing here and there, causing trouble.

The same I'd do for Illidan, Kael and Vashj. They'd be their own faction of Demon Hunters, Blood Elves and Naga, never going through what happened in TBC, but just being a faction that appears here and there and does things, more like an anti-hero kind of faction, that doesn't do outright evil things, causes trouble here and there but also sometimes allies with our factions when it makes sense, in the same way Horde and Alliance sometimes ally as well.

The Alliance would include Humans, Dwarves and High Elves.

The Horde would simply include Orcs, Trolls and Tauren, maybe Goblins and Ogres.

Night Elves would be their own faction, with Wardens, Dryads and other druidic creatures.

Blood Elves would never join the Horde, all of them are part of Kael'thas forces.

Draenei aren't a thing, only the ones on Draenor, and they will have no connection to the Eredar.

I'd include some things that they've come up with over the years, if I feel it makes sense and I like it (I'm a dictator)

Pandaren would be a thing, but Pandaria would be a much smaller island and would not receive their own expansion.

Less Old God stuff.

No Sargeras did nothing wrong.

No Naaru.

Deathwing wouldn't be a retard, but more of the scheming conniver we've known him as before Cataclysm.

Just a couple of thoughts.
    Why not change your name to Lore Machine?