Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroloGeo View Post
    Reasons for new allied races: There is room in the banners.
    Reasons for no new allied races: They said nothing at all at Blizzcon.

I think I know which one wins.
    Oh yeah the Blizzcon which spoke only about 9.0, since 8.3 is something which wont come out this year, so 8.3.5 will be much further away and announcing another pair without having the current "hyped" pair released, would make much sense. Or we are just ignore that Mag'ghar, Kul Tirans, Mechagnomes and Vulpera were not announced at Blizzcon either.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    There’s also the friendly tribe of mogu we work with in8.3 that are a possibility.
    I haven't seen to much about these friendly mogu, but surely the pandaren would have a significant issue with them joining either faction, given the long and torturous enslavement they suffered at the hands of the mogu. Granted, they could just pull a, but these are a different group, they weren't involved in all that enslavement malarkey so there is no need to pre-judge, but I hope they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    The Tol'vir won't be happening as they have four legs.
    While I don't think we will be getting them I wouldnt completely write off races that dont have the normal 2 legs as we are already getting mechagnomes who hide every gloves, boots, and non dress/skirt pants. The only problem would be with mounts but that could easily be solved by giving them their own special mounts or a transformation into a "normal" form.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Oh yeah the Blizzcon which spoke only about 9.0, since 8.3 is something which wont come out this year, so 8.3.5 will be much further away and announcing another pair without having the current "hyped" pair released, would make much sense. Or we are just ignore that Mag'ghar, Kul Tirans, Mechagnomes and Vulpera were not announced at Blizzcon either.
    As much as I would love to get 2 more allied races I must continue stating we have no reason to belive so. Yes we can hope, yes they can come in 8.3.5 which has not been anounced. But the slots at the banner won’t convince me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They were already a part of the Alliance. The only thing they lacked, was a formal induction. Go check the end of the DI recruitment scenario and you'll see.
    Yeah, they became "members" in Warlords of Draenor. No one is saying they aren't now and haven't been for a while. I'm saying they weren't in Cataclysm like what's being claimed. Teaming up with someone for something doesn't make them Alliance, otherwise the Horde would also be Alliance (or Alliance would be Horde) because we've teamed up for something. They helped us occasionally for a while, but WoD is when they stood by the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Yeah, they became "members" in Warlords of Draenor. No one is saying they aren't now and haven't been for a while. I'm saying they weren't in Cataclysm like what's being claimed.
    But they were part of the Alliance since the Cataclysm. That's a

You said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    No they weren’t. Hence why we killed a whole bunch of them. Again, you’re quoting lore you don’t understand. Shouldn’t be a surprise, though, considering you want “High Elves.”
    What you're doing here is saying that the humans of Stormwind are not part of the Alliance because we killed a whole bunch of them in our quests (i.e. the Defias Brotherhood).

Read upon the Dark Iron clan's history.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But they were part of the Alliance since the Cataclysm. That's a

You said:

What you're doing here is saying that the humans of Stormwind are not part of the Alliance because we killed a whole bunch of them in our quests (i.e. the Defias Brotherhood).

Read upon the Dark Iron clan's history.
    Did you not read my other post? We killed a bunch of them because they attempted to kill a bunch of us and we defended ourselves. Moira came to an agreement with Variann to not fight, but they certainly did not side with the Alliance in Cata. This isn’t the same scale as Defias, this was an entire race of people trying to overthrow Ironforge.

Quote Originally Posted by ABK Morgan View Post
    I haven't seen to much about these friendly mogu, but surely the pandaren would have a significant issue with them joining either faction, given the long and torturous enslavement they suffered at the hands of the mogu. Granted, they could just pull a, but these are a different group, they weren't involved in all that enslavement malarkey so there is no need to pre-judge, but I hope they don't.
    I haven't seen any horde Pandaren have any disagreements with the Zandalari joining the horde. And the Zandalari were allies with the Mogu. Ji went to Zandalar and was having fun, wanting to punch some Dinos and what not.
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2019-12-01 at 04:07 AM.

They certainly were, and one of the best parts of the horde campaign in BFA is that they didn't forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    That not just the raid boss?
    It uses the same model as the twin consorts (the moon one in particular), however she is from the new faction coming in 8.3.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/General_Xing

Some half assed race for the Alliance, probably one that uses the Nelf male rig, like the fish people. And Vrykrul for the Horde. With bonus Valkyr options for the females.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It won't include Ankoan, they're very insistent that their race is dying out because there are no more females.
    That's quite interesting, i though of them as an AR option, but this make it harder.

I guess it could be done if added together with the Jinyu, maybe that could also "save" their race, who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    I haven't seen any horde Pandaren have any disagreements with the Zandalari joining the horde. And the Zandalari were allies with the Mogu. Ji went to Zandalar and was having fun, wanting to punch some Dinos and what not.
    Ji has Alzheimer's, and forgot the whole Zandalari takeover of Pandaria that he and his Huojin Pandas witnessed firsthand for the entirety of the Horde campaign in Pandaria. Or the writer's don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    There’s also the friendly tribe of mogu we work with in8.3 that are a possibility.
    Problem with mogu is, well, lore wise, there were only 2 females. The Twin Consorts from Throne of Thunder. They were said to be the Thunder Kings greatest treasures. So they would have to put in a lot of lore to suddenly have more female mogu appear in the world. Even if there is 1 or 2, so far, we haven't even seen any others anywhere else.

I would like to get the broken for the horde. Really would. Especially since some resentment for the alliance is already been set up.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2019-12-01 at 05:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Problem with mogu is, well, lore wise, there were only 2 females. The Twin Consorts from Throne of Thunder. They were said to be the Thunder Kings greatest treasures. So they would have to put in a lot of lore to suddenly have more female mogu appear in the world. Even if there is 1 or 2, so far, we haven't even seen any others anywhere else.

I would like to get the broken for the horde. Really would. Especially since some resentment for the alliance is already been set up.
    Female mogu did exist before the twins. One of the rare "mini bosses" that spawns on a weekly basis is the spirit of the last Queen of the Mogu.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Monara

The theory is that either female mogu went into hiding, or they were killed as Lei Shen no longer saw them as "useful" given his research into methods to reverse of the curse of flesh. Lei Shen made the twins because he needs some sex slave robots :P

And the new faction of mogu we meet in 8.3 were recently created by Highkeeper Ra, and one these mogu (that we know of) is a female

https://wow.gamepedia.com/General_Xing

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ja_Sara is another example of one. Appearing in the brawl "Shado-pan showdown".
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2019-12-01 at 05:58 AM.

Honestly I think it will be something like

Sethrak for the alliance
    Gilgoblins for horde

The only reason for this is blizz would likely want to downplay the requirements on another allied race and reusing assets is key to that. Balancing out the gnome/mechagnome on the horde side and to avoid more backlash regarding horde favoritism.

I could see Mogu being an allied race, now that we found out not all of them are dicks, but somehow the lack of new models for them in the newest patch is an argument against.

Other than that, dunno, maybe those legendary Light-undead?

Sethrak and LF Undead are probably most relevant right now, considering recent events. There was a good opportunity for Swashbuckling Pirate Hozen fighting Jinyu when we ran into the Ankoan during the Azshara patch, but since there wasn't any Jinyu or Hozen present in the patch, there's probably no chance in hell we'll see either of Hozen or Jinyu without some kind of Timeless Isle 2.0 patch before Shadowlands. Which would, incidentally, be rad as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    every time I see people want jinyu or any other lame and stupid fish head version of night elf skeleton, I cant help but to think they are horde fans and want to ruin alliance allied race pool!
    Same for me when it comes to horde and things like ogres, mok'nathal, ho'zen or whatever. I mean who besides the people in this mmo-champ echochamber will ever want to play as a fat ogre or a ho'zen? How many people do play kul'tirans? And what are the by far most-played races? Humans and elves I would guess. So simple logic says it will be some kind of elven or human race. Undead elves or "normal" looking undead humans come to mind.
    Mogu? I don't see them as customizable as other races...in the end, they are stone statues.
    The only thing I can imagine is something along the lines of worgen, perhaps that drakonid thing people are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Same for me when it comes to horde and things like ogres, mok'nathal, ho'zen or whatever. I mean who besides the people in this mmo-champ echochamber will ever want to play as a fat ogre or a ho'zen? How many people do play kul'tirans? And what are the by far most-played races? Humans and elves I would guess. So simple logic says it will be some kind of elven or human race. Undead elves or "normal" looking undead humans come to mind.
    Mogu? I don't see them as customizable as other races...in the end, they are stone statues.
    The only thing I can imagine is something along the lines of worgen, perhaps that drakonid thing people are talking about.
    You say that, but most of the Alliance alliied races are random stuff nobody wanted and few people play. I guarantee you every race you just listed would be more popular than Mechagnomes, and probably Kul'Tirans as well.