Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Calia's a Priest.

I'm sure they'll consider adding new race/class combos whenever they feel is strategically-wise to market.

Not sure on Undead Druids though, this is the first I've read about it. Life and death are opposing cosmic forces... I mean, gameplay-wise you can do anything, but what do Kul'tirans have to do with Undead? Kul'tirans are alive.
    Calia is a corpse POSSESSED by Light, not a Forsaken. Light hurts all undead.

5+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken Paladins I hold no objections to. Forsaken Druids I will need a lot of convincing.
    #TeamNecromancer #TeamDragonIsles

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    If they don't use holy attacks they are just members of the Scarlet Onslaught that died and are still wearing their paladin armor.
    Except for the fact that they are in Icecrown, have/had no affiliation with the Scarlet Onslaught, and use the spells Unholy Shield and other paladin related spell names.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I say they don't work lore wise because all the night elves are losing their faith in Elune. Even Tyrande, the high priestess, is pissed with her. Not exactly paladin material.
    So Night Elves should also lose the ability to be Priests as well to fit the lore?

Before you argued that "Calia’s a priest, but is infused with light."

This must mean that you think a class which can be Priests should also be able to be Paladins because they are already infused with the light. Therefore, by your logic, Night Elves should be able to be Paladins as long as they are able to be Priets. By your logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Calia is a corpse POSSESSED by Light, not a Forsaken. Light hurts all undead.
    Oh, I meant her class, she's not a Paladin.

Meh. The races have mingled together so much by this point that it's pretty nonsensical for there to be race/class restrictions. Blizzard claimed to want to give a return to player agency, why not just let players play the race and class that they like?

Forsaken Druids? Sure.
    Night Elf Paladins? Why not?
    Forsaken Paladins? Go nuts.

Still bitter that Mechagnomes cant be druids, mecha forms would have been sweeeeeeeeet!

Druids seek to balance nature while undead are perversions of the natural order.

Of course undead are powered by unholy energy so letting them be holy priests didn't make any sense, so it's not like logic necessarily matters all that much.

My assumption is lightforged undead will be added like Calia and that'll take care of that.

Lore. Despite the undead priests in game, lore wise, the undead cannot wield the light without being in immense pain. They can only use it for brief amounts of time. No where near what we see the ones in game do. The light basically burns them. They suffer through a lot of pain just to do what they do, so they are very rare in lore.

A paladin is a literal holy warrior. They live and breath by the light. An undead would be in eternal pain unless they had some outside source that held the light for them. Even then, in combat, they would be in constant pain. They wouldn't be able to tell if their enemy injured them or if it was just the light burning them.

As for druids, undead are in direct conflict to druid rule number 1: protect nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Because certain things just shouldn't exist. At a certain point we can either accept it, or keep bitching. It makes no sense in the established lore.

If LF dreani can be DK then Undead can be paladins

Night elf paladins wouldn’t really work lorewise.
    Theres one in the Paladin order hall campaign. Theres as much justification for it as undead pally at this point.

Id sooner see Blef druids than Undead druids.

Night elf paladins wouldn’t really work lorewise.
    I don't see why not. I mean, he literally pointed out how there's a NE Paladin in the Class campaign. I mean, they are really just Priests with a much more martial focus using the holy light as a means to inspire allies. Really, if a race can be a class that gives them some connection to some form of Light which should mean it wouldn't be weird to see them be Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    If LF dreani can be DK then Undead can be paladins
    Exactly. They clearly don't much care about the lore, so screw it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calia’s a priest, but is infused with light. And those abominations that Kul tirans shapeshifter into are barely alive.
    Ever heard of 'culture'? The forsaken's culture has nothing to do with druidism in any way, shape or form for any of the existing druidic cultures around.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see Paladin Forsaken eventually happening, but Forsaken Druid? Na, though the mental image of how their forms would look like its kind of cool

Takes two seconds to explain that.

"Some forsaken lay entombed within the earth for months before their emergence, and as the worms consumed the flesh from their bones they had the time to reflect and gain a deep appreciation for the way decay too forms an essential balancing force in the natural world. The eternal cycle is not only spring and summer, but also fall and winter. New life, growth, decay, then death. And the cycle continues. The void plays its part."

Undead can be holy priests, it makes just as much sense.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2019-12-01 at 04:03 AM.

I'm waiting on regular human (not Kul'Tiran) Druids.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion,there is a strong argument for a Forsaken Paladin option. There could be some cool lore and visual options that mirror Forsaken Priests or have the Forsaken flavor on familiar spells.

I think Forsaken Druids would have to be called something completely different.It would be a perversion of nature to have the Forsaken turning into rotting animals. Whatever Druids tap into would not have anything to do with the undead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Humans have no connection to nature so them or their undead proginy wouldn't be able to be Druids either. The Kul'Tirans that can become druids are those creepy ones that live in Drustvar and hence have a connection to the Drust.
    The humans of Gilneas have been Druids.