Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    No no, it's MUTATE. Mutate's are man-made/environmentally made as opposed to mutants being born with the gene.
    Ah ok I wasn’t aware there was a word for it in universe.

Quote Originally Posted by JstAGySyngWhtHThnks View Post
    do they know each other in the comics?
    Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Beast, Namor, the Sub-Mariner, Firestar, Wolverine, Storm, Havok, Cannonball, Sunspot, Rogue, Sunfire, X-23, Sabretooth, Deadpool(ugh), Cable, Dazzler, Spider-Man, Quentin Quire, and Captain Marvel are either x-men/avengers or one flipped to the other at some point.

A few movies where you have an x-man or two and then an avenger teaming up would be fun and cool as well.

May even have it lead to the x-men and avengers (that are left) having to fight some big evil baddie that they can't take on solo.

I would really love if they combined product and product to make product, Going to be amazing to watch Product the way it was meant to be seen

Professor X has been in the MCU the entire time, just building up his school and searching for mutants to teach. Since they are young and still developing they haven't been involved in any of the worlds events.

Magneto has been in the MCU the entire time, honing his powers and slowly recruiting other mutants to form his evil brotherhood.

Now that the snap has happened and ended, Magneto and his mutants feel the time is right to act our their plan. Once they start, Professor X and his team come to fight them.

There are lots of things Disney can do to get them into the current timeline without having to retcon the entire universe or do something silly like "the snap triggered the mutant gene!".

There is no reason to have mutants play a significant role in any of the movies that have come out so far. They can literally introduce the entire mutankind starting from the time after the snap up to whenever they get fully introduced into their own movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    X-Men in the MCU doesn't make sense.

First, the whole premise of X-Men is that people with superpowers (called mutants) are ostracized by the public. It's one of the reasons why the Dark Phoenix movie was so stupid. For some reason, the X-Men went to space to save an Astronaut... on public television? And people were cheering them on like they were the Avengers or something? What the hell was that?

In the MCU, there isn't widespread ostracism against superpowered people. The closest we get is suspicion towards vigilantes. You just don't have the high concept idea that made the X-Men interesting.

Second, introducing old X-Men characters like Professor X, Magneto, etc, would imply that these superpowered characters with motivations to change the world have apparently always been around, but never did anything. You'd think that Professor X would've tried to bring Hulk to his school, for example, or that Magneto would have tried to tear down Hydra and recruit MCU characters to his cause. You can't retcon the X-Men in. Professor X and Magneto's conflict was far and away the most compelling story of X-Men. Without that core character drama, you're only other option is to bring in new X-Men by suddenly giving people superpowers... aka, origin story films, of which we have way too many.
    People already pointed out the misconceptions about Professor X and Magneto, there's plenty of room for the mutants to come in as mistrusted/even hated people.

Most of the MCU heroes are technology-based /highly trained people. They are still 'human'. The ones who have extraordinary/supernatural abilities aren't always well received: Hulk (until the snap. 50% don't know the celebrity Hulk and still see him as a monster), Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man (Far From Home). Dr Strange and Captain Marvel aren't public figures to kill the stigma. The Snap (and Mysterios stunt afterwards) on makes people more prejudice towards non-human. Events like 'The Incident' and Sokovia (including the whole 'Civil War') hadn't been completely reconciled before Infinity War. Those events would be small for those who lived through the Snap but fresh to those who were 'Blipped'.

People would definitely start freaking out if mutants started popping up all over the world.

I like the suggestion in the OP that uses BP2. For one, I would like to Spider-Man in hiding in Wakanda. You could then introduce Storm as a closet/hidden mutant. I don't want to deep dive but you could have Storm offer guidance to Peter about being different among humans.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Exactly my point. Fear would come from what were originally normal human beings, maybe friends and family members believed dead, snapped back, suddenly developing super powers. People know Steve Rogers and Bruce Banner are lab experiments, the latter gone wrong, a monster if you will. They know Thor is a God, Iron Man is just a rich guy in a suit, and Dr. Strange with his sorcery isn't exactly that well known publicly. Having millions of mutant freaks suddenly adds a brand new layer of fear to the MCU reminiscent of the X-Men. It just means starting from the very beginning, and Logan isn't like a Civil war veteran and Magneto wasn't a concentration camp survivor, which I'm sure Disney likely wants to avoid anyway.
    One thing I would love (and this is a tad on the selfish side as I'm a massive fan of Logan) is if they could convince Hugh Jackman to return as the sort of Old Man Logan from that film along with Laura, where should could take his place on the roster while he fills a more mentorship kind of role.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    One thing I would love (and this is a tad on the selfish side as I'm a massive fan of Logan) is if they could convince Hugh Jackman to return as the sort of Old Man Logan from that film along with Laura, where should could take his place on the roster while he fills a more mentorship kind of role.
    For sure, if they could convince Hugh Jackman to come back, I'd hope they could convince Chris Evans for a one time return too just for the crossover both and the fans always wanted.

-snip-
    I think there's a little wiggle room here, though. Up until now, superheroes (from Earth at least) have been vetted and employed by government (Hawkeye, Black Widow, Captain America), have risen to prominence by their own ingenuity (Iron Man), or have been aliens that mirror mythological heroes (Thor). Even Dr. Strange was, at the very least, a well respected, known doctor before he came online. Only Hulk was accidental, and only Hulk had an origin story where people were very suspicious of him for that very reason - because Bruce Banner himself was an unknown.

If the X Gene propogates........and literally anyone can be a super-powered individual, that'll scare the shit out of people way more than learning the gov't concocted a super serum to make Cap. Think of your neighbors, your casual acquaintances, etc, and then imagine if some of them randomly became superpowered. That's a fucking nightmare. I can imagine something as uncontrollable, and random, and widespread (comparatively) as the X Gene, could cause a panic. And then we have a new conflict that the new Avengers also have to deal with.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    X-men on MCU will be tricky. Let's not forget how Scarlet Witch and her brother Quicksilver are the sons of Magneto. In the X-men movies, it was implied Quicksilver had mutant powers precisely bc he was the son of Magneto, but on the MCU both him and Wanda were "created" as Hydra experiments with the Loki scepter and the mind stone.

They would have to come up with an "in-universe" explanation why some people have powers due to the infinity stones (like Wanda or Doctor Strange) and others just simply born with it. It would actually be really cool if some people that came back after the Snap showed signs of mutation where there wasn't any before the snap, would fit well with the whole idea that the Thanos snap messed with the balance of the universe and now people have mutant genes

I think the only way they can pull it off is to reveal that the time travel shenanigans in Endgame created an alternate timeline/universe we're mutants and assorted other powered people exist that don't in the prime timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    X-men on MCU will be tricky. Let's not forget how Scarlet Witch and her brother Quicksilver are the sons of Magneto. In the X-men movies, it was implied Quicksilver had mutant powers precisely bc he was the son of Magneto, but on the MCU both him and Wanda were "created" as Hydra experiments with the Loki scepter and the mind stone.

They would have to come up with an "in-universe" explanation why some people have powers due to the infinity stones (like Wanda or Doctor Strange) and others just simply born with it. It would actually be really cool if some people that came back after the Snap showed signs of mutation where there wasn't any before the snap, would fit well with the whole idea that the Thanos snap messed with the balance of the universe and now people have mutant genes
    Just want to point out that in the comics Wanda and Pietro are no longer the children of Magneto. That piece of history has been retconned away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post

People with powers not given to them by the stone exist within the MCU. Most are from the TV shows, but they exist.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    it's really a missed chance with End Game. They could have shattered reality in that movie then have them rebuild it with mutants added in as a side effect.

Like after the battle Ironman, Black Panther, and Dr. Strange gather around to get info on the world. They see all these mutants popping up and seem to be the only ones who notice this wasn't the case before. Everybody else carries on like the world has always been like that.
    Last edited by Clone; 2019-12-01 at 05:45 AM.

This is somewhat offtopic as it's not the X-Men, but I've seen articles about plans to bring the Netflix Daredevil and Punisher into the MCU, and what better way to do it than in a third Spiderman movie? Maybe have Frank finally cross some line, which causes Matt to approach Spiderman and ask his help in bringing Frank in for good? A Spiderman/Daredevil movie where the Punisher is the main antagonist would be AMAZING, and there's so many comic stories focused on the dynamic between those three to draw inspiration from.

X-Men in the MCU doesn't make sense.

First, the whole premise of X-Men is that people with superpowers (called mutants) are ostracized by the public. It's one of the reasons why the Dark Phoenix movie was so stupid. For some reason, the X-Men went to space to save an Astronaut... on public television? And people were cheering them on like they were the Avengers or something? What the hell was that?

In the MCU, there isn't widespread ostracism against superpowered people. The closest we get is suspicion towards vigilantes. You just don't have the high concept idea that made the X-Men interesting.

Second, introducing old X-Men characters like Professor X, Magneto, etc, would imply that these superpowered characters with motivations to change the world have apparently always been around, but never did anything. You'd think that Professor X would've tried to bring Hulk to his school, for example, or that Magneto would have tried to tear down Hydra and recruit MCU characters to his cause. You can't retcon the X-Men in. Professor X and Magneto's conflict was far and away the most compelling story of X-Men. Without that core character drama, you're only other option is to bring in new X-Men by suddenly giving people superpowers... aka, origin story films, of which we have way too many.
    I'd imagine James Jonah Jameson "exposing" Spiderman and making it look like he's an evil murderer could turn the media and public on heroes, and start an uprising against anyone that has mutant powers.

The government would definitely be on board after the whole Civil War fiasco.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JstAGySyngWhtHThnks View Post
    do they know each other in the comics?
    Storm and T'challa? They got married and divorced in the comics. Overall almost all the main heroes have met since they tend to operate in and around New York.

The hot/cold relationship between humans and mutants has always been one of the dumber parts of Marvel Comics. How do you hate people who regularly save you from super villains and cosmic threats?

5+ Year Old Account
    Wolverine will be a girl and the others will be some sort of sjw "progressive" trope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Storm and T'challa? They got married and divorced in the comics. Overall almost all the main heroes have met since they tend to operate in and around New York.

The hot/cold relationship between humans and mutants has always been one of the dumber parts of Marvel Comics. How do you hate people who regularly save you from super villains and cosmic threats?
    Just how the media turns weak minded people against each other because of skin color. That's always been a metaphor for that imo.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I'd imagine James Jonah Jameson "exposing" Spiderman and making it look like he's an evil murderer could turn the media and public on heroes, and start an uprising against anyone that has mutant powers.

The government would definitely be on board after the whole Civil War fiasco.
    That went out the window after The Thanos Incident, they became global heroes once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Wolverine will be a girl and the others will be some sort of sjw "progressive" trope.
    The run with Laura Kinney as Wolverine was excellent though. Plus the last Fox film had already set that up before the acquisition.

Just how the media turns weak minded people against each other because of skin color. That's always been a metaphor for that imo.
    To be fair, there is a world of difference between: I don't like that person because their skin is a different colour than mine.

and

I don't like that person because whenever he blinks it causes everyones nipples to explode in a 25 foot radius.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    The run with Laura Kinney as Wolverine was excellent though. Plus the last Fox film had already set that up before the acquisition.

To be fair, there is a world of difference between: I don't like that person because their skin is a different colour than mine.

and

I don't like that person because whenever he blinks it causes everyones nipples to explode in a 25 foot radius.
    She did great, IN HER ROLE. She is not wolverine. And this is assuming they reboot the character too.

I don't like said person because their skin color mandates that they could walk in here and rob and shoot people.

How many times is it stated in the movies and comics that people are afraid of what they don't understand or what is different?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan