10+ Year Old Account
    The top 4 3rd place teams also qualify.

Pretty sure one of them will be Group F.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The top 4 3rd place teams also qualify.

Pretty sure one of them will be Group F.
    It's gonna be tough tho, I can see lots of 3rd teams doing 3-4 points.

15+ Year Old Account
    One would hope Belgium top their group but you never know. Just a shame it was known in advance we'd be in a group with Denmark and Russia, ruins the fun.

How did England become joint favourites? Makes no sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Don't ask me. For the Euros it's always difficult to point to a favorite.

I feel like England are only favorites among their own people - to everyone else they are the loud drunk cousin who lives in a car and always yells about how he's gonna achieve his dreams on every family meet-up. If it wasn't for an extremely mediocre manager I would give England better chances but it always seems like the magic link-up isn't there between players when it comes down to it in the big games. There's no need to get carried away and start hyping a team just cause they beat Kosovo 9-0 and the Vatican City 16-2 in some friendlies...

What are we waiting for? Just snap up Nuno and be done with. The others simply aren't interested in us
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2019-12-01 at 12:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Group F / Group of Death

Iceland/Romania/Bulgaria/Hungary
    Portugal
    France
    Germany

LMAO! Let's go!!!
    Yea that's pretty bad. You can scratch Romania though, I think they go to the Dutch group if they manage to qualify as those games are played in Amsterdam/Bucharest.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    What are we waiting for? Just snap up Nuno and be done with. The others simply are interested in us
    I'd rather a more exciting option in the summer than Nuno or Allegri right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Yea that's pretty bad. You can scratch Romania though, I think they go to the Dutch group if they manage to qualify as those games are played in Amsterdam/Bucharest.
    Portugal actually does better in tough groups than in easy ones. Remember 2000 and 2012?
    I thinking it's going to be Iceland qualifying there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Portugal actually does better in tough groups than in easy ones. Remember 2000 and 2012?
    I thinking it's going to be Iceland qualifying there.
    That's true yea, and I personally think Germany is going to end on place three there.

Freddie's starting Xhaka and Mustafi in his first game, what a madman.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    I'd rather a more exciting option in the summer than Nuno or Allegri right now.
    Who is an exciting option that's realistic though? I feel like managers like Ten Haag or Poch can almost have their pick out of Barca/Real/Bayern when summer comes IF those clubs are looking to change (Bayern will, Barca and Real might depending on how season goes). Arteta seems like a weird call, Nuno is an interesting name but hard to say how he would fare. Allegri is probably the best choice available but it's not like any manager that's been linked to Arsenal only has positives, there's questionmarks for all of them too.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    One would hope Belgium top their group but you never know. Just a shame it was known in advance we'd be in a group with Denmark and Russia, ruins the fun.
    I am actually quite curious to see what finland can do in that group. Neither the Danes or the Russians are unsurmountable obstacles. Belgium "should" be, but yeh, football

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Who is an exciting option that's realistic though? I feel like managers like Ten Haag or Poch can almost have their pick out of Barca/Real/Bayern when summer comes IF those clubs are looking to change (Bayern will, Barca and Real might depending on how season goes). Arteta seems like a weird call, Nuno is an interesting name but hard to say how he would fare. Allegri is probably the best choice available but it's not like any manager that's been linked to Arsenal only has positives, there's questionmarks for all of them too.
    Allegri is already ruled out. Was interviewed for the role when Wenger left and didn't impress what so ever. The shortlist back then (who were actually interviewed) alongside Emery and Allegri was Rogers, Howe, Arteta, Sampoli, Lopetgui, Rangnick and Conte.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Every top 6 team except Liverpool:
    Aight, Ima head out.

United fans chanting " Ole out we want Emery!"

If ole had slicked back greasy hair like a used car salesman aka like unai emery more people would be calling for him to be sacked

- - - Updated - - -

Fully rested squad and struggling vs villa. This little experiment is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Qualifying performance and the World Cup in Russia, presumably.

You can see some of the United players not happy with Rashford scoring. They obviously want the gaffer out but Rashford wanted his goal bonus lol