Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Angry Classic is being Rushed so it doesn't make Shadowlands Dead on Arrival

This post is blowing up on the Wow Classic Forums and I wanted to share with you a real concern Classic players have with Blizzard.

They might be rushing and hence ruining Classic wow because they don't want it interfering with their sales of Shadowlands.

So does that mean Classic is going to get pushed off the side of the road whenever it benefits Retail?

Wow Classic Forum post is below:

Remove the [space] in the link, as MMO champion prohibits posting urls.

https:[space]//us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/classic-is-being-rushed-so-it-doesnt-make-shadowlands-dead-on-arrival/377248

10+ Year Old Account
    Many of you know that Classic Wow is being rushed.

(If you compare Original Vanilla content releases to current Classic releases in terms of months after launch)

wow. gamepedia. com/Timeline_(World_of_Warcraft)#2004

Diremaul was released 2 months early.

Battlegrounds are being released 3 months early.

And Blackwing Lair coming out in January will be 3 months earlier than what it should’ve been.

But WHY?
    According to the Original timeline, one year from Classic launch, we would all be doing Zulgurub.

The problem however, is that’s when Shadowlands is supposed to come out. (August-September 2020)

Imagine if a Retail expansion had to compete with a new Classic raid being released.

If Shadowlands did that, it would literally be dead on arrival and sales would bomb.

And Blizzard knows it.

They know the playerbase wants Classic Wow, the “Record Subscription Growth” proves it, the “Record Twitch viewership” prove it.

They know people will pay $15 a month to play Classic.
    But NOT Retail.
    That’s why for the first time in History they made people pay a subscription fee to play the Classic Wow Beta…the BETA.

Because everybody was playing the Classic Beta, and Battle for Azeroth was a ghost town.

Many in this community have come to the conclusion that Blizzard is rushing (and hence sabotaging) the Classic experience to drive up sales for the Shadowlands expansion.

Blizzard, stop trying to forcefeed the Classic community your half-baked Expansions and let us play the game we actually want.

Economics 101, if a product doesn’t sell, don’t make it.

Because we all know what Shadowlands is gonna be.
    More World Quests.
    (As if we weren’t bored to tears of this lazy non-content since Legion)

It seems Blizzard hasn’t learned anything from the Failure of Battle for Azeroth.

You can’t just re-hash content from the last expansion, give it a lick of paint, and call it “new”.

I thought we paid $15 a month so they have the money to actually "DEVELOP" this game.
    Not just re-hash everything.

The Blizzcon 2019 Shadowlands reveal was very worrying.
    Very little content was actually announced.
    The dumpster fire that is Sylvanas’ character arc is in it.
    And “Anima” power, sounds a lot like “Azerite” power.

I think Shadowlands is $60 worth of Hot air.
    It is an expansion sold entirely on manufactured ‘hype’ and has very little substance.
    Cinematics might look pretty but the luster wears off very quickly if all there is to do is World Quests.

BFA was a beautiful expansion, the art team did a great job.
    But the content wasn’t there to sustain it and so it fell off a cliff.

But I think it doesn’t matter if the expansion fails, because Blizzard knows we’ll go straight back to Classic.

I think I’ve figured out why Classic is being Rushed…
    I think I’ve figure out the pure Genius of Blizzard’s plan.

They sell us Overpriced, Empty expansions after luring us in with Eye-candy cinematics and worthless promises of a great gaming experience right after they’ve sabotaged our Classic experience.

Then once we’ve all quit yet another Half-baked Expansion, they’ll release Fresh Classic servers promising to “do better this time”, and string us along long enough to wring more money out us with yet more Hot Air expansions.

Have you noticed something about the Shadowlands and Warlords of Draenor logos?

0 votes and 0 comments so far on Reddit

In the Shadowlands logo, under the “C” in World of WarCraft there is a “sunrise” Orange-brown tinge.

Now look to the right of the “T” in the World of WarcrafT on the Warlords of Draenor logo. “Orange-brown” tinge that looks a bit like a sunrise is shining on it.

Look at all the other Wow expansion logos.

No other expansion logo features an “Orange-brown” tinge set to a sunrise color scheme.

Coincidence?

There ya go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if a Retail expansion had to compete with a new Classic raid being released.

If Shadowlands did that, it would literally be dead on arrival and sales would bomb.
    Fucking lol.

Yeah, definitely people would skip the biggest biennial event in PC gaming to play Zul'Gurub.
    The servers will be packed on release for Shadowlands, just like it has been with every single expansion.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Fucking lol.

Yeah, definitely people would skip the biggest biennial event in PC gaming to play Zul'Gurub.
    The servers will be packed on release for Shadowlands, just like it has been with every single expansion.
    Pretty much, it's being rushed because Classic would become Ghostlands, before Shadowlands even hit otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    This post is blowing up on the Wow Classic Forums and I wanted to share with you a real concern Classic players have with Blizzard.

They might be rushing and hence ruining Classic wow because they don't want it interfering with their sales of Shadowlands.

So does that mean Classic is going to get pushed off the side of the road whenever it benefits Retail?

https:[space]//us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/classic-is-being-rushed-so-it-doesnt-make-shadowlands-dead-on-arrival/377248
    How about classic gets some content released a little faster like dm, honor and bg's because there's literally nothing to do but raidlog 3-4 hours a week.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Classic is rushed at all. The biggest thing would be because in retail everyone keep whining about content draught. Classic is a content draught because it is not new content. If we were to stay in the identical release timeline as in Vanilla, then people would probably quit Classic.

I love classic, always have and always will. I currently have 2x well geared lvl 60s (both in at least half MC gear) and I play around 4-5 hours per day. I've also played on several private realms with a handfull of 60s over the recent years, all that said I would still play live WoW if it was made more in line with what I want.
    Are Blizzard rushing Classic? Not really, imo we needed BGs at the same time as honor was added, we're getting BWL in January or early February 2020 but I also think we should have ZG at roughly the same time, as ZG is considered Tier 1.5 by many people since gear and difficulty wise it's below BWL. Maybe then we should have AQ patch by September 2020 and then maybe Naxx late winter 2021.

Would that be rushed? Compared to Vanilla, yes. But we're not vanilla players, we know every single detail about the game. We're progressing a lot faster than what we did 15 years ago, so content has to be released faster so people don't get bored. I'm getting kinda bored with 2 characters and I'm considering starting a third, I would've done if world pvp wasn't cancer on my realm.
    BWL and ZG would add another 2-3 raid lockouts per week, that's a lot more content to do than we currently have- even if ZG is simple.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I found the "sunrise" on the letters amusing. Of course, it's doomed to fail then. Blizzard put it there on purpose because they knew it would fail. Great find right there.

Oh brother...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Pretty much, it's being rushed because Classic would become Ghostlands, before Shadowlands even hit otherwise.
    Indeed, they have to.

It's not like p2 killed at least half of its active population.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    How about classic gets some content released a little faster like dm, honor and bg's because there's literally nothing to do but raidlog 3-4 hours a week.
    If you can't make your own fun in classic and has to have some thing hand-hold you, then you are not playing the correct game.

You and every one like you is the reason why the LookingForGroup chat is so dead now.. just a few months after release, I remember a 2 months ago, when there were strat, scholo, Spire groups shouting every minute and a lot of them.. same as with low lvl dungeons.. But now, it's so quiet.. Just because people can't just do dungeons for the fun of it, they have to have a reason or push to do it, and can't just do it for "fun"

Classic is being rushed because casuals are complaining. That was expected though. Everyone who had a brain knew that this gank fiesta (which is awesome btw if you're the one ganking) in Phase 2 would happen, and there was no way Blizzard would keep it going for 2-3 months with all the complaints. They got a huge number of subs with Classic, and now (as every business would in their place) they're afraid to lose them.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Or maybe we are just quicker at playing through known content these days and therefore players are demanding quicker content releases. I mean my guild killed Ragnaros in classic before any of us were even close to 60 in vanilla.

Also holy hyperbole with the whole "dead on arrival" nonsense. Staggering your releases is smart, because it hurts both products otherwise. By a bit. Shadowlands won't die, because a fraction of the playerbase goes raiding in classic once per week. Classic won't die, because a fracton of it's playerbase will play retail, when it's not raiding day.
    So if you are seeing increased demand for new content, because your players are rushing through it, and you then have to pick between "do nothing and have two of your games compete" "give people what they want" and "release content even slower", I think you have to be some sort of buisness impaired to not choose the second option.
    Last edited by owbu; 2019-12-01 at 02:10 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Classic is being Rushed so it doesn't make Shadowlands Dead on Arrival
    Probably its because classic content already cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    If you can't make your own fun in classic and has to have some thing hand-hold you, then you are not playing the correct game.

You and every one like you is the reason why the LookingForGroup chat is so dead now.. just a few months after release, I remember a 2 months ago, when there were strat, scholo, Spire groups shouting every minute and a lot of them.. same as with low lvl dungeons.. But now, it's so quiet.. Just because people can't just do dungeons for the fun of it, they have to have a reason or push to do it, and can't just do it for "fun"
    Of course. There's nothing fun in running it for the 30th time, especially when you overgear them and have nothing to gain from them.

Of course. There's nothing fun in running it for the 30th time, especially when you overgear them and have nothing to gain from them.
    So basically the same as it has always been, the raiding reward loop has literally never changed lol.

So people just want constant content that provides reward and character power progression.. But somehow classic is better than retail?

Feels like you all want the good parts of Retail and the good parts of classic in the same game, But remove the bad parts of both completly.

This sort of threads should really be deleted instantly.

geez

Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post

classic is not rushed only on set schedule.

its obvious what they are doing really

2021 - TBC

2023 - Wolk

etc etc

you really dont have to be rocket sceintist to predict that

Its being "rushed" because people are bored with nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    classic is not rushed only on set schedule.

its obvious what they are doing really

2021 - TBC

2023 - Wolk

etc etc

you really dont have to be rocket sceintist to predict that
    I'll be sad if they do that.. i'm not playing classic to have my progression killed by a expansion release like it is every time on retail

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz