Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero3 View Post
    What surprises me is that people hated batman vs superman because of lack of action and just talking and talking but are praising this. To me those two movies were the same. Definitely not a movie to see with a group of friends, there's nothing to react to or talk about during it.
    If you're talking during the movie, you're doing movies wrong.

Good movie, I liked it very much

What surprises me is that people hated batman vs superman because of lack of action and just talking and talking but are praising this. To me those two movies were the same. Definitely not a movie to see with a group of friends, there's nothing to react to or talk about during it.
    In Batman v Superman, you have a Batman that doesn't act like Batman (he kills everyone) and a Superman that doesn't act like Superman (dark and brooding when he is supposed to be lawful good).
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I guess i went into this movie with high hopes because of the hype but i was left looking at the clock wondering where the action scenes (seen in trailers and pictures around the internet) will happen. While the movie is good give all the praise, i didn't like it, i found it boring, 1 hour and 55 minutes and the action happens in the last 25-ish minutes.

Rofl typical mouth breather. This type of movie is not for you. This is actual art. Go back watching your Gayvengers.

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-12-09 at 07:14 AM.

I guess i went into this movie with high hopes because of the hype but i was left looking at the clock wondering where the action scenes (seen in trailers and pictures around the internet) will happen. While the movie is good give all the praise, i didn't like it, i found it boring, 1 hour and 55 minutes and the action happens in the last 25-ish minutes.

I agree. Not necessarily because of the lack of action though. It's fine to have high concept films - but I just didn't really think there was anything that deep about it. What was the message? That society is bad and mistreats people? That rich people are out of touch with the realities of everyday people? That disenfranchised people are easily stirred up into believing radical ideologies?

If this film had come out 10 years ago maybe, but at this point it seems much of what the film is trying to 'say' is par for the course.

I also felt the film was disjointed. The first two acts seemed to be trying to delve into the Joker's actual personality, with an emphasis on gradual change and the slow decent into completely disengaging with society. The third act seemed as though someone watched the film and thought "oh crap we haven't had any action scenes/proper Joker scenes" and gone full throttle with that.
    Last edited by Temp1on2; 2019-11-29 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Rofl typical mouth breather. This type of movie is not for you. This is actual art. Go back watching your Gayvengers.
    I can't take you seriously with that answer, you seem too much like the stereotypical Rick and Morty fan, is this satire or are you actually serious and also happen to like Rick and Morty?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    If you're talking during the movie, you're doing movies wrong.
    Not talking, but laughing together or reacting to something in short forms of expression. If all you do is sit in the dark in 100% silence you might as well watch alone, no?
    Last edited by Zero3; 2019-11-30 at 05:58 PM.

I can't take you seriously with that answer, you seem too much like the stereotypical Rick and Morty fan, is this satire or are you actually serious and also happen to like Rick and Morty?

Not talking, but laughing together or reacting to something in short forms of expression. If all you do is sit in the dark in 100% silence you might as well watch alone, no?
    Never watched Rick and Morty brah

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    One is a psychological thriller the other is a superhero film... how does it surprises you that people had different expectations towards the amount of action in it?
    Because they are both from the same universe and from comic books.

Mostly cringe movie that tries to be deep by invoking the style of movies that actually have something to say when in reality it's as shallow as a puddle and clumsy (at best) in terms of writing. Maybe Todd Phillips should have sticked to the Hangover franchise.

Because they are both from the same universe and from comic books.
    Comic books are only allowed to be one genre now? Where is the Internet rule book BTW just so I don't make a fool of myself.

watched it yesterday and was disappointed. very boring movie and i guess the hype comes from all these superheroes neckbears who think they wachted something smart because for once not the whole city exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    watched it yesterday and was disappointed. very boring movie and i guess the hype comes from all these superheroes neckbears who think they wachted something smart because for once not the whole city exploded.
    Excuse me the cities dont explode, they prefer to use sky beams.

Only Man of Steel destroyed a city and people were mad about it for a long time "SuPeRmAn WoUlDnT dO tHaT hE wOuLD fLy To a LoW pOP zOnE"
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2019-12-01 at 06:56 PM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

I thought it was an excellent movie about a crazy clown guy with mommy issues. I don't think it was that great of a movie about the Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Comic books are only allowed to be one genre now? Where is the Internet rule book BTW just so I don't make a fool of myself.
    When they are from a certain type of comic book i'd say there's some expectations. It's like a Fast and Furious movie but instead of what they are usually about, they instead focus on one dude flipping houses for a profit all movie, it's not against the rules but definitely not what people expected.

Again, i didn't say the movie was bad, the acting was good, i just found it boring and at the end of the day you didn't learn anything new either since it's just another interpretation of joker , is it canon is it not? i never understood why there's more versions instead of just one, considering only one company owns the licence to the whole batman universe?

When they are from a certain type of comic book i'd say there's some expectations. It's like a Fast and Furious movie but instead of what they are usually about, they instead focus on one dude flipping houses for a profit all movie, it's not against the rules but definitely not what people expected.

Again, i didn't say the movie was bad, the acting was good, i just found it boring and at the end of the day you didn't learn anything new either since it's just another interpretation of joker , is it canon is it not? i never understood why there's more versions instead of just one, considering only one company owns the licence to the whole batman universe?
    If the trailer for the Fast and Furious offshoot movie showed you that you'd be watching a movie about flipping houses, it would be weird to be upset if you watched it and it delivered on that. Did you watch that trailer and think Joker was going to have to stop a big blue laser from destroying earth at the end of the film? There are different takes on the character because that allows room for interesting, personal stories. It's as canonical as the next writer wants it to be (or their bosses if they care, like they would in say the MCU), which is and always will be the way media works.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    -Snip-
    Yep i actually thought it would have some action it in based on the trailer and what people showed online i gifs and such. I presumed maybe half or a third of sad clown backstory then the mayhem starts. Even past the trailer people posted online the stabbing in appartament gifs, the walking out of the subway putting on the mask, killing Murray....i didn't expect those 3-4 clips from trailers and gifs to be ALL the action in it.

If it wasn't a Joker movie I might have enjoyed it more, but as an origin for the Joker I didn't really care for it all that much. I'll agree that Phoenix's acting was great, but overall I found it "meh".

I would have given it a 5 or 6/10, but then that scene with the pearls happened and that dropped it RIGHT down to 3. Every time the Waynes are involved in anything they have to make that reference and it's been Done. To. Death. Anyone who will ever give a shit about Batman's parents knows all they need to know about their death without seeing that fucking pearl necklace break AGAIN. It was the cheesiest, most ham-fisted trope I've seen shoehorned into a movie in ages. Completely ruined the last few minutes of the movie for me.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/j...ux-1235287471/

‘Joker’ Sequel: Todd Phillips Reveals Working Title, Joaquin Phoenix Reading Script in New Pics

Director Todd Phillips posted to Instagram the first confirmation that the sequel to 2019’s “Joker” is moving forward on Tuesday — including the cover of the script, written by Phillips and Scott Silver, his collaborator on the first film, with the eyebrow-raising title “Joker: Folie à Deux.”

In the same post, Phillips included a shot of star Joaquin Phoenix reading the screenplay.

A spokesperson for Warner Bros. did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Phillips’ Instagram post.

Phillips’ original “Joker” film reframed the iconic Batman villain into an anti-hero character study about a struggling comedian and part-time clown performer named Arthur Fleck who becomes a folk hero in Gotham City after he lashes out in acts of shocking violence. Moody, dark and studiously avoiding the action beats typical of superhero cinema, the film was still a massive global blockbuster, grossing over $1 billion worldwide. It earned 12 Oscar nominations, including for best picture, best director for Phillips, and best adapted screenplay for Phillips and Silver. Phoenix won the Oscar for best actor and Hildur Guðnadóttir won for best original score.

Soon after the film’s debut in 2019, Phillips and Silver met with then-Warner Bros. film chief Toby Emmerich about a possible sequel. Since then, Matt Reeves’ “The Batman” survived a pandemic shutdown and star Robert Pattinson contracting COVID the day after the film restarted, to become one of the first global blockbusters of pandemic era, grossing $770.3 million in global box office returns. Both “Joker” and “The Batman” exist in separate continuities from the other DC adaptations — Reeves even cast Barry Keoghan to play a different version of the Joker in a cameo role.

While Phillips did not share any plot details about the new “Joker” movie in his Instagram post, the title does offer some intriguing implications. Translated literally as “shared madness,” folie à deux is a layman’s term for shared delusional disorder. That could refer to how Arthur’s villainy is widely embraced by Gotham City in the first film, but it could also suggest that Phillips’ sequel will bring his own interpretation of Joker’s main (and, really, only) partner in life, crime and madness, Harley Quinn — who has been played in other DC adaptations by Margot Robbie (in live-action) and Kaley Cuoco (in animation).
    Interesting, I kinda liked this movie, was an interesting take imo

I liked that version of the Joker well enough, but I'm not sure I'd want to see Harley done in that style. Doesn't seem...appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I liked that version of the Joker well enough, but I'm not sure I'd want to see Harley done in that style. Doesn't seem...appropriate.
    I'd imagine it wouldn't be the traditional Harley Quinn, but rather a troubled psychiatrist who, much like the people of Gotham from the first movie, finds an inspiration in Fleck and falls into her own insanity. Though I don't know how much of that would just be a repetition of the first movie, just with a female lead.

If nothing else, I'd say they've earned the benefit of the doubt. Sequels are always risky, but there's no reason to think they couldn't pull it off.