Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard should do what daybreak did for everquest and let us play through each expansion, timed releases

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    The only ppl I can imagine wanting classic+ are people who play retail right now.

Just think about it. What makes anyone trust current Blizzard with expanding upon classic unless they really enjoy BFA and Shadowlands? If Blizzard was a competent, trustworthy company we wouldn't be having classic wow in the first place. Instead we would have an actually playable and good experience in retail WoW. Which we don't.

TBC is the only way to go, and wotlk after that. And then, it's time to shut it all down and move on from WoW.
    Sums it up nicely. The current Blizzard leadership has proven itself incapable of matching the team that made WoW a great game for 6 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    What people? I find posts like this hillarious.

YOU have been asking for this for a decade.

YOU dont represent even a tiny fraction of the player base.

Neither do I, so we're clear.

By even posting on a forum, you're already an outlier.
    We don't need none of that fact, logic and reason 'round these parts!

To be clear I completely agree with you
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorp View Post
    In Warcraft 3, most of the high elves left the alliance though, and became the blood elves. So they are already playable in WoW horde side.
    In Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, yes high elves became blood elves, but they were playable and were in the human race/faction which also included dwarves. They were not part of or playable with undead faction or orc/troll/tauren faction

Blizzard did a severe retcon for WOW to make them horde. When blizzard was asked. They said horde needed a pretty race. When asked why draenai were changed, they said alliance could not handle a ugly race

Retconning against lore is common, if you know lore on worgen they should have been horde, blizzard said alliance need a beastly race. As for goblins, they did not want another small race on alliance
    Last edited by pinkz; 2019-12-02 at 02:27 PM.

"Classic+" is such an unrealistic thing I don't understand how people can even think about it.

no forever to classic+, you want that play live. stop with this nonsense already. you'll probably get TB and WoTLK eventually and thats it. NO NEW CONTENT EVER!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Classic +, no!

TBC, sure.
    For sure. TBC has always been regarded as the ACTUAL Classic+ since 2007. It's a much more "polished" Classic/Vanilla, better dungeons and raids, arenas for those that like it, better looking armor (subjective), gorgeous zones and many more specs that are now viable when compared to Vanilla.

Yes, so that the cycle can repeat itself in a couple of years when players realize they don't like what changes came with Classic+, at which point they'll start screeching for Classic #NoChanges again...

How about no. TBC and WOLTK servers, if they see that Classic remains profitable, thanks. Classic+ already happened once in history.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Classic+ was called The Burning Crusade...

Although I admit an independent Classic+ going in an entirely different direction lorewise and gamewise would be nice.
    Perhaps adding High elves to the Alliance at last, staying true to the Warcraft 3 lore, etc.

Then again, I don't have faith in the modern Blizzard to carry on the spirit of Vanilla wow.
    Noice meme post altho the only thing I agree with is +=tbc.

You are basically summing up the burning crusade, where indeed the high elves now known as blood elves joined the horde through sylvanas.

I dont think we need a seperate option for that, unless burning crusade becomes another option like classic is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    For sure. TBC has always been regarded as the ACTUAL Classic+ since 2007. It's a much more "polished" Classic/Vanilla, better dungeons and raids, arenas for those that like it, better looking armor (subjective), gorgeous zones and many more specs that are now viable when compared to Vanilla.
    Burning crusade was the clown armor area, so it is idd subjective

I noted some one said blood elves were playable in the human faction, altho true its not realy fair if you compare it to wow, since tbc didnt come straight afther warcraft 3.
    They just werent playable and joining the horde was a obvious go to with the events of the frozen throne. The pretty asian race thing is a thing I know, but still isnt enough to just leave the alliance, but the frozen throne perfectly explained it already, people just didnt want to see it.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2019-12-02 at 03:22 PM.

We'll see if it happens. TBC and WotLK will most likely release in the mean-time, and after awhile Classic will have less of a population as more and more people will play their desired expansions, and burn themselves out after time has passed. I don't believe Blizzard, especially modern Blizzard will leave it alone. They're already releasing content faster on purpose so that it becomes feature complete, and ready to be put on life support - and release the next old expansion for people to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yes, so that the cycle can repeat itself in a couple of years when players realize they don't like what changes came with Classic+, at which point they'll start screeching for Classic #NoChanges again...

How about no. TBC and WOLTK servers, if they see that Classic remains profitable, thanks. Classic+ already happened once in history.
    Classic+ never existed. Because the entirety of the older zones were abandoned for a new sandbox in Draenor. Every expansion ignored the previous content except for Cataclysm which instead of allowing for a "phasing" possibility removed all of the old with a new. I wouldn't consider that Classic+ if you destroy the entire house and rebuild a new one on top of the foundation. Classic+ would be improving on what you have already rather than abandoning it for a new pasture.

1. PvP - Make actual World PvP objectives that players would actively commit to actually doing. BGs were a bandaid to the World PvP system being broken for numerous servers that were imbalanced. They weren't willing to make hard decisions to force a balance. Their only attempt in history for fixing imbalanced World PvP would be Wintergrasp (I don't think anything happened to Tol Barad) which made characters super soldiers but, they were CC'd to death.
    A) The current EPL Towers which will come out in Phase6 are a joke. Make actual conflict zones similar to the new system but, make it actually in the world rather than an instance that people AFK for rewards.
    B) Keep encouraging people to server transfer from imbalanced servers for FREE. Give bonuses to these people willing to transfer over.
    C) Fix the Honor System to reward ability, commitment, and strategy. The current system is no more than a time sink with rewards that are comparable MC/BWL content but, are later outdated by future content. Reward people for being good players rather than 24/7 account sharing neckbeards or AFKing losers who stealth in locations to get maximum honor for zero effort. An internal ranking system based upon their ability for their CLASS AND SPEC should be reflected. Instead we see the easiest class/specs just as we see in retail at the top of the brackets raking in all the rewards.

This is just an example they could do to make Classic a Classic+ experience. We all know the mistakes made and the imbalances. Why not correct them? Content won't be removed like we saw in Cataclysm it will simply be improved upon.

TLDR: Do not abandon old content(Azeroth Classic) for new content(Draenor BC) as it only continued the bad trend we see currently in retail. Fix existing content to make a Classic+ experience. Cataclysm & BC aren't Classic+ because they ignore or remove old content entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    That’s more like 4-bit Atari graphics.
    8 bit would have 256 colors
    Nono, SNES was true 16-BIT and could display 256 colors at the same time on screen.But yeah Atari is not..8-bit.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

Quote Originally Posted by Roelath View Post
    Classic+ never existed. *snip*.
    It did for a fact, can still be played today.

"We all know the mistakes made" = No, we don't. First of all, forum posters are a minority. Second of all, between 100 different people you can get 100 different opinions on where the game went wrong, what MADE it go wrong etc etc. The only thing that seems to be universal among Classic fans is that "teh game went to shit past Vanilla"... Yet now all of a sudden, Classic's not enough...?

Classic+ would only repeat the cycle. If the current team, according to Classic fans, can't be trusted with the game that's literally Classic+ 13 years of iterations, then they sure as hell can't be trusted with managing a separate Classic+.

So, I maintain: No. Classic existing as is to satisfy the fans of it = great. Then, if it's profitable in another year, they can release TBC and maybe WOTLK Legacy servers. Or, at some point, perhaps Classic fans need to realize that Vanilla wasn't the ever-lasting source of renewable content that they pretended for so many years, and that they're ready to just move on from WoW. Pandering to every person wishing to recapture the feels they had for the game in the past is a surefire way to stretch everything too thin.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Not to mention a much better honor system.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicIsTerrible View Post
    Just admit Classic is terrible and not as good as you remembered.
    Its amazing but the content lockig makes it quite... Its just not much to do besides that one raid a week and lvling alts

Quote Originally Posted by Ogarash View Post
    Nono, SNES was true 16-BIT and could display 256 colors at the same time on screen.But yeah Atari is not..8-bit.
    You're right. I forgot how color systems work. 8-bit systems could have 2^4 = 16 colors. Atari was 4-bit and could do 2^2 = 4 colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    It did for a fact, can still be played today.

"We all know the mistakes made" = No, we don't. First of all, forum posters are a minority. Second of all, between 100 different people you can get 100 different opinions on where the game went wrong, what MADE it go wrong etc etc. The only thing that seems to be universal among Classic fans is that "teh game went to shit past Vanilla"... Yet now all of a sudden, Classic's not enough...?

Classic+ would only repeat the cycle. If the current team, according to Classic fans, can't be trusted with the game that's literally Classic+ 13 years of iterations, then they sure as hell can't be trusted with managing a separate Classic+.

So, I maintain: No. Classic existing as is to satisfy the fans of it = great. Then, if it's profitable in another year, they can release TBC and maybe WOTLK Legacy servers. Or, at some point, perhaps Classic fans need to realize that Vanilla wasn't the ever-lasting source of renewable content that they pretended for so many years, and that they're ready to just move on from WoW. Pandering to every person wishing to recapture the feels they had for the game in the past is a surefire way to stretch everything too thin.
    Where is this Classic+?
    That's true there a differing opinions as to what is a problem with Classic WoW though the majority would confirm that certain Class/Specs were highly represented or not throughout Classic experience. There are a number of biases attributed to these specs. Balance, Ret, Feral, etc.. Obvious specs that were underperforming and/or were incredibly boring. You may say otherwise but, facts are facts. No one can deny they sucked ass.

Another would be the honor system favoring time investment and not skill. If you dedicate your life for 8+ hours a day you'll achieve the higher ranks. It doesn't matter if you can 5vs1 R14s as a Boomkin if you can't commit to the same amount of hours.

Releasing BC will only exacerbate the problems as I previously stated that retail suffers from. Content drought, World PvP being destroyed, old content being irrelevant, leveling experience is tedious, etc. I wanted Classic as a means to reset what's been done with the current version retail. I don't want to see a trend that leads right back to the problems retail faces today.

What retail has offered thus far is simply building a city ontop of a city to fix the problem of bad infrastructure. The underlying core is messy and going back to fix the inherent problem becomes harder and harder. Introduce new features that are positive to the WoW atmosphere rather than releasing expansion content that sweeps the bad under the rug. I'm not saying we shouldn't release TBC or Wrath but, rather implement them in such a fashion that they can coexist alongside the Classic WoW content. It should be an alternative rather than a linear path to which content you should be doing.

Retail releasing a level squish and giving the option to do all the dungeons from 10-50 from nearly all of the expansions is the ideal way of handling content. Choice is important and you shouldn't force a linear path in terms of gameplay. It was necessary for the time because the resources and capabilities weren't there. It's time to move forward with engaging a community into PvE & PvP activities rather than bandaiding a battlegroup system with BGs. Move towards alternative paths for people to experience rather than being stuck in the same experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Moor Shadows View Post
    Premature. Come back in 12-18 months. They'll either have to do classic+ with new content (like RSC) or TBC servers.
    and seeing how tbc servers require little to no dev costs, im pretty sure thats the way they are going to go.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mh4cker View Post
    All I see is posts saying how messed up classic wow is.

Like, bad balancing, poor mechanics, respec costs, easy content, too much epic drops, no flight paths.
    And people are asking for transmogs, flying, free respec, better balance, barber, more races etc etc.

Can Blizzard please just release Classic+ already?!
    Thats called..bfa

Dont like classic. Play retail. All you mentioned is alreasy there.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Thats called..bfa

Dont like classic. Play retail. All you mentioned is alreasy there.
    Classic is good but, there is no reason not to make it great. Honest communication with the community and taking feedback would be preferable to making a better game rather than purely replaying what failed & succeeded. The majority of the playerbase wanted the community element back to the game that didn't involve some streamer making content that drove this community. The gameplay itself should drive every player to unite against their foes which can range from PvE and PvP foes. World PvP, AQ event, etc were all such events that led towards a community effort to bring about an end goal. Either through achieving supremacy as a faction, self interest, and/or being a part of something this is what the community needs.

Unfortunately the World PvP system is hollow due to the necessity of an Honor System(Which is bad design), introduction of BGs which will further push people to sit in major cities, World PvP objectives that reward next to nothing, and Battlegroups because of server imbalances. Why not make improvements? Why not make the contested zones in WoW actually contestable with quests for either side depending upon the circumstances of a particular piece of a zone.
    Are the Night Elves pushing the Horde out of Ashenvale or are the Orcs with their Troll allies laying siege to the Wildhammer Dwarves in the Hinterlands? Make quests that reflect the situations of the world rather than a purely static situation. It's never fun to see stories such as Cataclysm where one side is being destroyed while another is victorious with absolutely zero way to intervene or alter a situation. We're merely spectators for the ride and no amount of community/effort can alter any of it.

The story remains ultimately the same and the best way to do this is to reset the board every 2weeks to a month. Everything defaults to the neutral states we see today but, players can make an active effort in every zone to secure PvE and PvP objectives for their faction. This would allow for dynamic content based upon circumstances. This wouldn't be purely a Alliance vs. Horde situation. This could also be the Scourge winning in EPL and making inroads to securing a foothold in Alterac + WPL. It would make it a World Event that has to be quelled or ultimately they'll roll over the entire world with their might.

TLDR: Make Classic+ with dynamic content based upon actually zone conflicts in how they progress and don't use bandaids to hide the problems the game faces such as BGs & Battlegroups.