Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    It did for a fact, can still be played today.

"We all know the mistakes made" = No, we don't. First of all, forum posters are a minority. Second of all, between 100 different people you can get 100 different opinions on where the game went wrong, what MADE it go wrong etc etc. The only thing that seems to be universal among Classic fans is that "teh game went to shit past Vanilla"... Yet now all of a sudden, Classic's not enough...?

Classic+ would only repeat the cycle. If the current team, according to Classic fans, can't be trusted with the game that's literally Classic+ 13 years of iterations, then they sure as hell can't be trusted with managing a separate Classic+.

So, I maintain: No. Classic existing as is to satisfy the fans of it = great. Then, if it's profitable in another year, they can release TBC and maybe WOTLK Legacy servers. Or, at some point, perhaps Classic fans need to realize that Vanilla wasn't the ever-lasting source of renewable content that they pretended for so many years, and that they're ready to just move on from WoW. Pandering to every person wishing to recapture the feels they had for the game in the past is a surefire way to stretch everything too thin.

Amen.

/10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roelath View Post
    Classic is good but, there is no reason not to make it great.
    For the people who wanted classic, it is already great. If you don't share that opinion, you weren't the target audience in the first place and therefore people like you are the last ones Blizz needs to listen to.

And besides, at Blizzcon, they shot down the idea of adding modern things to Classic such as HD races. So you guys, the 30 or so people asking for Classic 'plus' - y'all probably shouldn't hold your collective breath.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Amen.

/10chars

- - - Updated - - -

For the people who wanted classic, it is already great. If you don't share that opinion, you weren't the target audience in the first place and therefore people like you are the last ones Blizz needs to listen to.

And besides, at Blizzcon, they shot down the idea of adding modern things to Classic such as HD races. So you guys, the 30 or so people asking for Classic 'plus' - y'all probably shouldn't hold your collective breath.
    Amen back at ya!

The people who wanted Classic for real, are also playing and enjoying it for real. This whole "I want Classic, but..."-sentiment was around before Classic was even released, and as such clearly comes from people to whom Classic ain't enough and never will be.

And if those people can't be satisfied with Classic, and they can't stomach the Live game, then tough shit. Creating a separate World of Warcraft to pander to the crowd that ain't happy either way would prove utterly futile as those same individuals began seeing changes made that didn't exactly match what they want. Literally a repeat of what's happened in WoW since the very first patch to Vanilla.

At some point they should just realize that they can find a game that better matches what they want, rather than demand that Blizzard keeps 3 varietes on the same damned IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Amen back at ya!

The people who wanted Classic for real, are also playing and enjoying it for real. This whole "I want Classic, but..."-sentiment was around before Classic was even released, and as such clearly comes from people to whom Classic ain't enough and never will be.

And if those people can't be satisfied with Classic, and they can't stomach the Live game, then tough shit. Creating a separate World of Warcraft to pander to the crowd that ain't happy either way would prove utterly futile as those same individuals began seeing changes made that didn't exactly match what they want. Literally a repeat of what's happened in WoW since the very first patch to Vanilla.

At some point they should just realize that they can find a game that better matches what they want, rather than demand that Blizzard keeps 3 varietes on the same damned IP.
    It's the OSRS effect. Players see Classic in the same vein as OSRS and think, "well it worked there, it'll have to work for WoW too!" Then you have super galaxy brained suggestions like, "just let the community vote on the content it wants!" The latter suggestion actually causes my blood pressure to rise because game design by democracy is one of the most infuriatingly stupid ideas I see commonly thrown around here.

Who is the target audience? The people you think the target audience is? Sounds like a circlejerk group of #NoChanges to score karma points on a reddit post.

I just hope any TBC/C+ expansion is on an opt in basis. I don't want to have my classic characters forced into anything beyond vanilla content. Hopefully they allow classic fans to keep their characters on classic servers.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    In Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, yes high elves became blood elves, but they were playable and were in the human race/faction which also included dwarves. They were not part of or playable with undead faction or orc/troll/tauren faction

Blizzard did a severe retcon for WOW to make them horde. When blizzard was asked. They said horde needed a pretty race. When asked why draenai were changed, they said alliance could not handle a ugly race

Retconning against lore is common, if you know lore on worgen they should have been horde, blizzard said alliance need a beastly race. As for goblins, they did not want another small race on alliance
    The draenei actually being eredar was a retcon, but the blood elves joining the horde in bc is not a retcon. It's just the story of their race going forward in a new direction.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Brilliant take down. I especially liked the part where you provided support for your argument with rational, well thought-out conjecture.
    I liked the part where you did the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is the target audience? The people you think the target audience is? Sounds like a circlejerk group of #NoChanges to score karma points on a reddit post.
    Um... the people who loved vanilla, think its the best version of the game, and relentlessly nagged Blizzard to re-release vanilla servers? Probably those guys?

As opposed to the 'Vanilla was okay and all but WITH MY CURATED LIST OF CHANGES Vanilla could be something special, I tell you!'

Queenofhamsters said it best - if retail isn't good enough, and classic isn't good enough, then go find another fucking game to play for Christ's sake.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Um... the people who loved vanilla, think its the best version of the game, and relentlessly nagged Blizzard to re-release vanilla servers? Probably those guys?

As opposed to the 'Vanilla was okay and all but WITH MY CURATED LIST OF CHANGES Vanilla could be something special, I tell you!'

Queenofhamsters said it best - if retail isn't good enough, and classic isn't good enough, then go find another fucking game to play for Christ's sake.
    You sound like a bitter neckbeard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    But why would I lie? Your profile and posts reek of jealousy
    Seems like you have no problems with lying about being happy with Classic, if you were then you wouldn't need plus.

You sound like a bitter neckbeard.
    You sound like someone who long ago gave up any attempt to persuade based on the merits of your ideas and are content to sling poo like a baby monkey. No offense, just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicIsTerrible View Post
    Just admit Classic is terrible and not as good as you remembered.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugumo View Post
    I liked the part where you did the same.
    No, I didn't? You made an incorrect observation about RuneScape and I responded by pointing out that WoW and RS have very different audience demographics so saying it worked for one doesn't mean it will work for the other. To put it another way, some people might find a ridiculous spoiler a cool thing to put on their car but that doesn't mean that everybody who drives a car wants a spoiler simply because all cars have four wheels. Your initial response to my argument was, "your argument is weaker" with absolutely zero support for this claim. Cool, cue my sarcastic response where I ask you do exactly this. But instead you take the lazy route and respond like this. This does not qualify as a rebuttal and this response makes your claims even less convincing. I'm all for arguing on the internet but it's a lot more fun when you at least try.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-12-03 at 03:25 AM.

The thing is i believe classic+ would literally destroy classic.

Majority wants QoL changes like taunt on paladin.

Classic feels like broken beta game, taunt is literally kinda missing from paladins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Thats called..bfa

Dont like classic. Play retail. All you mentioned is alreasy there.

Oh, retails is now max level 60? no flying? Talent trees? 40-man raid?

Didn't realize, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mh4cker View Post
    The thing is i believe classic+ would literally destroy classic.

Majority wants QoL changes like taunt on paladin.

Classic feels like broken beta game, taunt is literally kinda missing from paladins.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, retails is now max level 60? no flying? Talent trees? 40-man raid?

Didn't realize, sorry.
    "Majority wants..." can you back up that claim? "Look around the forums" or "its obvious" dont count.

5+ Year Old Account
    BC is NOT Classic +.

It's a massive deviation from Classic. Flying mounts, 'heroic', recolored hallway dungeons instead of massive, epic and unique ones like Blackrock Depths or Stratholme. 25 man raiding instead of 40 player raids, welfare epics and badge gear, blood elves on the horde (yuck), spacegoats on the Alliance, it's a different (worse) game.

If I had to choose between getting BC and just being stuck forever with Classic, I'd choose Classic.

The classic+ debate is proof that todays players will never be satisfied, we begged for vanilla servers, got them and now a minority of players want more, and thd only arguement to it is "well they changed some things in classic". Classic should stay classic, there shouldnt be any new expansion from classic if anything go to tbc and add in special npcs that seperate players from bc players and classic players if they dont want to go further.

If blizzard made a new expansion or began to change things then they would royally fuck things up. This is not the same blizzard from 2006 this is a corporation that will that only cares about numbers every quarter.

Just enjoy what we have because what we may get if they do decide to do classic+ is some mutated version of tbc with retail bs slapped on to ruin the game for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    BC is NOT Classic +.
    Then what is Classic+? I think few people would share the same opinion on that.

Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    Then what is Classic+? I think few people would share the same opinion on that.
    When someone says classic+, what they really mean is #MyChanges

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    When someone says classic+, what they really mean is #MyChanges
    There you go... speaking logic and we cant have that round these parts... feels > reality...

/sarcasm off

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.