Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Who died and made you the judge of which design is 'right?'

Plenty of people love the classic moonkin forms, just because you don't doesn't inherently mean something is wrong with it.
    He's allowed an opinion. Do you understand how a discussion forum works, or do you need it explained to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd be happier if they return to wrath system for moonkin, was unique and fun instead of 'combo points' fake system we have now
    however i never main a druid and was only alt for me, and since healing is f8cked since wod i dropped druid (still miss MoP system, Legion didn't have good healing system either imo)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Plenty of people love the classic moonkin forms, just because you don't doesn't inherently mean something is wrong with it.
    I don't think he meant to offend anyone, at least that's how I read it. I do enjoy the Moonkin form on occasion but there's nothing wrong with some aesthetic changes once in a while. I'm sure if anything, we will be able to go back to the original form (just like our order hall flight form)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    i'd be happier if they return to wrath system for moonkin, was unique and fun instead of 'combo points' fake system we have now
    however i never main a druid and was only alt for me, and since healing is f8cked since wod i dropped druid (still miss MoP system, Legion didn't have good healing system either imo)
    I really enjoyed the wrath era of this spec also
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    To allow them to be cc'd in pvp.
    i don't even play druid resto in pvp and i want that to be back
    druid most unique aspect is their forms, i HATED the idea of remove tree of life form and it should be back, heck i want even more forms (maybe temp buffs?) if that was possible
    this is like give warlock new demon, it was expected every exp, then became rare, then none...
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Current balance should have been a priest spec, essentially what disc is. Druids should have had a nature based caster spec using plants and insects.
    I like current balance, but it should really be a priest spec.
    agreed, in vanilla it was more in line with what it should be - solar wrath was just a regular "nature" spell, hurricane instead of starfall, insect swarm, etc. only things that were out of place were moonfire and starfire. current balance should just be a class skin for night elf/maybe tauren priests.

as of right now though it's thematically all over the place and we're lacking a nature-oriented caster theme because of it

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    i don't even play druid resto in pvp and i want that to be back
    druid most unique aspect is their forms, i HATED the idea of remove tree of life form and it should be back, heck i want even more forms (maybe temp buffs?) if that was possible
    this is like give warlock new demon, it was expected every exp, then became rare, then none...
    You can still use it, it just isn't an all time thing not does it block cc now
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    He's allowed an opinion. Do you understand how a discussion forum works, or do you need it explained to you?
    Don't do well with reading comprehension, I see.

And much like he's allowed an opinion (even one as nonsensical as "Iiiiiii don't like this thing so Blizz got it wrong"), I'm allowed to reply to said opinion with my opinion.

Apparently, you needed that explained to you.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-12-03 at 12:59 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    druids are supposed to be somewhat "savage", I hate the path blizzard has taken balance druids down. they've made them astral arcane casters rather than the nature oriented casters they should be and the spec really only makes sense for night elves at this point.

druids aren't mages
    Funny how we differ immensely, I really love the astral form, I think it's far more the balance druid which was the caster arcane/nature intellectual side of the druid, while the resto was the healer botanist/biologist, while the feral was the somewhat savage animal based part.

I loved that their druid had these different branches, it fit the original premise in the lore that the druids as their own full society with their own full range of units and diversity matching the separate duty they had.

The emerald dream isn't reflected in the classes powers, but the night elf star/moon arcane/nature duality is represented perfectly, and the balance spec is where this si seen most strongly.

While it isn't wrong for balance to have an animalistic form as it is in line with one of the main themes of the druid class, it is also spot on and even more relevant to have an Astral form which is far more in line with what the spec is based upon and what it represents at it's core casting mechanic of balance between arcane and nature, night and day, stars/moon and sun - which fits the night elf theme spot on which the class originates ffrom (so must reflect it well) .

I loved astral from not just thematically, but because moonkin form was so ugly, and this felt very stars/kaldorei themed and fit the class well. I felt that the Astral form should have been the main form and the Moonkin the alternative. But you can thank Caydiem in 2005 for that, I think as one of the first female blizz employees at the time when the CMs and devs worked hand in hand, she I suspect picked the moonkin.

But blizzard stuck with the current version, never gave alternative creatures like Keepers/Dryads or Arrakoa. However Astral form was spot on. If they are smart, they'd make the owl creature above a cosmetic alternative with colour schemes to fit Night elves, Tauren and Worgen. Then switch the darkspear form to be a variation of the Zandalari one, but offer darkspears the original troll moonkin as a glyph.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you forgot the line "... personal preference"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Moonkin have always looked like a complete failure of the genetic lottery. Them being called "owl beasts" is an insult to every owl in existance.

The owl guys from SL at least capture some of what owls are supposed to look like, but they still look a bit silly.

At the end of the day the glyph is still the best thing that happened to druids in 15 years of WoW.
    I don't disagree here at all, read what I post above.

I was eyeing the M+10 affix Azshara arcane emissary colouring as a variation to astral form, but was also thinking of it for a state arcane mages can get into. I must say it was the most stunning of the mythic+ affix emissaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Current balance should have been a priest spec, essentially what disc is. Druids should have had a nature based caster spec using plants and insects.
    I like current balance, but it should really be a priest spec.
    THat's what I thought when wow first came out, and I guessed that the shaman's creation took most of those spells. But this allowed them to be a bit more creative , but also lazy at the same time, I feel what they did was reflect the Kaldorei' children of the stars culture/heritage in the balance druid, rather than actually give us proper Moon Priestesses or do something like SWTOr did with classes having entirely different skins based on faction or races.

It didn't happen, but still when they chose that root for balance druid, it made sense and meshed with the lore of the night elves and their arcane/nature dual heritage, which is a theme of the race even though on the surface (when you just look at what was presented in classic-WotLK - without factoring lore of the books, and wc3) you might think night elves were just forest elves. The balance spec was the only class to show a bit more of a side of the night elves the game and lore hasn't relaly delved into much. But it's there, in the calss, in the lore and in between the lines.

I love the moonkin form. /shrug
    The constant contrarian is here.

- - - Updated - - -

Overly aggressive here. Like for no reason.

OT: Are you on the design team and looking for feedback?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't do well with reading comprehension, I see.

And much like he's allowed an opinion (even one as nonsensical as "Iiiiiii don't like this thing so Blizz got it wrong"), I'm allowed to reply to said opinion with my opinion.

Apparently, you needed that explained to you.
    This thread would most likely be dead or significantly improved (same difference maybe I dunno) without you here.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the new owl people in Shadowlands, too. I don't mind the moonkin form, although I use the astral form because I like how it looks a bit more.

My thinking of it is if Elune is going to be explored more in Shadowlands and moonkins are Elune's chosen, im thinking they are based on those creatures from Bastion. There might be a connection.

5+ Year Old Account

It is really hideous though, I think. I remember the good feedback when Zandalari got their caster form shown oppoaed to the Kul'Tiran's given another fat owl but with wood and rags.

It is personal preference like the op said, so to say there's something wrong with the moonkin form is probably not phrased correctly, in your defence.

Wouldn't be shocked if a specific form was given for each of the various Shadowlands factions since the big deal with them is going to be for cosmetics.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    agreed, in vanilla it was more in line with what it should be - solar wrath was just a regular "nature" spell, hurricane instead of starfall, insect swarm, etc. only things that were out of place were moonfire and starfire. current balance should just be a class skin for night elf/maybe tauren priests.

as of right now though it's thematically all over the place and we're lacking a nature-oriented caster theme because of it
    It would have given priests a lot more flavor too

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The owl guys from SL at least capture some of what owls are supposed to look like, but they still look a bit silly.
    So you're saying we have captured owls perfectly then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Yes, fully aware it's personal preference etc, but silver and purple colouring of this to me would have been far more appealing for the druid moonkin form. This actually looks like an owl man, looks intelligent too.

The current moonkin looks more like a chicken/turkey - with its eyes infront instead of to the side and its very chicken/turkey like face. Not an Owl man/bear at all.

Compared to

One actually looks very intelligent, and like an actual owl man high intellect caster, the other looks dumb and aggressive like a savage beast.

Well, just shows that they can get it right, they just choose not to half of the time.
    Then you should've told the Archdruids to not praise Owlbeasts and their connection to life and Elune but instead look to the realm of the dead?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the moonkin form. /shrug
    I do too... They're so cute... especially the hatchlings

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have them as a playable race,if anything. Owl Paladin!

I'd hope they'd give me Ogres first,though.

eh. i'd be happier without moonkin form at all.

it's a dumb meme that was taken too far. there should also be more nature and less arcane. as it is, we're basically just a shitty hedge mage.

I wish the KT Moonkin form was different.

It's already weird enough that a fat-- uh I mean heavy man or woman transforms into a bone and twig creature for most of its forms.

But then one of its forms is as heavy as their humanoid form.