Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    The toxicity in this thread makes me sick.
    I’m starting to have serious contemplations on which fan base is worse: Star Wars or WoW.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

There probably aren't enough vanilla players for them to even have to worry about it really effecting shadowlands sales

Some retard thinks Zulgurub in Classic is gonna destroy shadowlands? What the actual fuck? How can u even be this retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Then the issue is you, not the game. Try to conquer Gurubashi arena, Form a small group and pvp in front of stormwind/orgrimar, try some cool theorycrafting (enh shaman with sulfuras, ele with nature power stacking, farm engineering pvp device, try full fire spell damage with a lock, group of 3 rogues ambushing at same time, stealth dungeon runs...) Many things to do, find the right people too.
    Many uninteresting and mostly unchallenging things to do, yeah

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    I’m starting to have serious contemplations on which fan base is worse: Star Wars or Classic WoW.
    Fixed and you could had Star Citizen community as well (though they mostly won the most deluded side)

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Some retard thinks Zulgurub in Classic is gonna destroy shadowlands? What the actual fuck? How can u even be this retarded?
    never underestimate human stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Fixed and you could had Star Citizen community as well (though they mostly won the most deluded side)
    My comment was fine as is. Retail players still bitch about retail.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

15+ Year Old Account
    Im always laughing at these hardcore classic fanboys :P

But no it's not, they want people to keep playing Classic, otherwise it would bleed dead too soon.

They never played ZG - lol, they gonna learn.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    I stopped reading here

when Shadowlands is supposed to come out. (August-September 2020)

LMAO

With luck January 2021
    Wouldn't summer be in line with when expansions have been released previous years?

Then the issue is you, not the game. Try to conquer Gurubashi arena, Form a small group and pvp in front of stormwind/orgrimar, try some cool theorycrafting (enh shaman with sulfuras, ele with nature power stacking, farm engineering pvp device, try full fire spell damage with a lock, group of 3 rogues ambushing at same time, stealth dungeon runs...) Many things to do, find the right people too.
    Very sad that the only "things to do" you could come up with are the things people do while WAITING to do actual content. You cant seriously believe Theorycrafting counts as content. Ignoring the fact that the game has been theorycrafted to death (even your examples require absolutely ZERO theorycrafting and are well known to most), this really isnt "content". The fact you include "3 rouges ambushing at the same time" as a fun and exciting thing to do in game instead of actual content shows how desperate you are to pad out the dismal level of content classic has, and vanilla had.

There are NOT "many things to do", and your pathetic examples prove that.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to remember - many, MANY people said classic raiding would be at or above mythic levels in difficulty. They stated this as a FACT, and exclaimed that everyone was in for a real shock!....fast forward and the hardest content out at the time is absolutely crushed by a bunch of under geared players, including a large portion of sub lvl 60s, and the goalposts suddenly shifted to "nah, you just wait, NO ONE said the first phase would be difficult, but you just wait until the next raid is released!"

And when the next raid is cleared EVEN FAST due to players being well geared from farming raids now with 30%-50% of the "required" players, speeding up gearing a lot, and the fact leveling is not a factor anymore, the excuses will continue, and the goal posts will shift once more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrysa View Post
    The majority of players who represent the core of classic this time around are those who rushed and crushed the content and now are bored (I'm guilty of being in this group too, so not judging).
    People (my guild included) are already in raid-log mode, we need them to keep up this accelerated content release plan otherwise people are going to do worse than raid-log; they'll quit.
    Interesting - i see the exact opposite opinion on here quite frequently, and even in this thread. Some consider the ones who are not even lvl 60 yet to be the "core player-base" of classic.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    This post is blowing up on the Wow Classic Forums and I wanted to share with you a real concern Classic players have with Blizzard.

They might be rushing and hence ruining Classic wow because they don't want it interfering with their sales of Shadowlands.

So does that mean Classic is going to get pushed off the side of the road whenever it benefits Retail?

Wow Classic Forum post is below:

Remove the [space] in the link, as MMO champion prohibits posting urls.

https:[space]//us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/classic-is-being-rushed-so-it-doesnt-make-shadowlands-dead-on-arrival/377248
    That post is a giant pile of shitty wrong opinions.
    1. We all knew Classic and retail would round robin release windows, nothing new here.
    2. BfA is not a Ghost town.
    3. The success of Classic depends heavily on streamers, when streamers get bored a lot of people stop playing it, they have to release content faster to supply this demand because they underestimated how fast people go through it.
    4. The amount of new people I see in BfA (I would assume because they came back for classic and ran out of things to do since there's no content in that game) is actually insane.
    5. Crying about WQs in retail is hilarious when Classic has just less things to do no matter which way you look at it, you have to fucking invent yourself fake goals to keep busy, otherwise it's just like others said: raidlog.
    6. Complaining that retail xpacks are just re-hashed content is hilarious coming from people playing what they already played 15 years ago, with no improvement made to it, nothing new, the exact same thing which is worse than any form of re-hashing, OBJECTIVELY. If you complain about something that looks similar, by that logic you are supposed to HATE something that is exactly the same. Double standard hypocrites.
    7. Just lol, really, just lol.

If you compare Original Vanilla content releases to current Classic releases in terms of months after launch...

Maybe this is because its a 15 year old fucking game that they are re-releasing for people to nostalgia trip through while tabbing out to mmo champion to complain about how "dead retail is"

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    If you compare Original Vanilla content releases to current Classic releases in terms of months after launch...

Maybe this is because its a 15 year old fucking game that they are re-releasing for people to nostalgia trip through while tabbing out to mmo champion to complain about how "dead retail is"
    Well, I feel like retail is much more alive than before Classic release, Rustfeather and the Arachnoid Harvester are killed within seconds after their spawn in Mechagon. I expected much worse coming back after a two month hiatus (I play in a small server).

Well, people got nothing to do. I know my friends finished farming and did all they could. Thats the problem with those games. U cant stick to 1 xpack and be happy forever. It will become a game of.. lets go back and have fun for a few hours and forget about it again kind of game. I always get soo bored after more than 1 year of the same expansion and i have played all of them. Maybe its just me, but there are others like that too lol

Vanilla beans: We need more content
    Blizzard: k
    Vanilla beans: They are delivering, and ahead of schedule - must be part of some sinister corporate scheme.

This is absurd. It's being rushed, because it is exactly like every other private server, and needs to keep people engaged at a very fast rate. They pushed Dire Maul, because people had cleared content very quickly. They pushed PvP, because people were already starting to raid log. They are pushing battlegrounds, because world PvP has made it so most people don't want to quest or farm in the open world.

This is what people don't seem to get. WoW Classic is not like Vanilla, or even like any WoW server you have played on.

It's a private server.

They don't give a shit about language, behavior, offensive names, ninja looting, bugs, people being complete bastards, trolls, or anything else.

It's. A. Private. Server.

I noted this would be a problem before Classic launched, the incredibly fast pace at which content would be cleared because of its relative easiness as well as how old and well understood it is at this point. Luckily, the later raids will be more challenging and the launch of battlegrounds will keep players interested in PvP for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Anyone who expected original release schedule, should also play like they used to originally, forgetting everything they know.

Oh wait, that's not possible. Players already know everything, so content is consumed much much faster and there is nothing new and exciting to discover.

There is nothing to do. While in Vanilla players would slowly level up discovering world, try different classes, try different factions, figure out what buttons do, figure out how professions work and do it all inefficiently because players were new, in Classic players already know it all and know how to be efficient. Content must be released faster because players already know all that content, clear it instantly and are getting bored.
    It’s because Classic could never be the same experience not because of knowledge but because of QoL stuff added for Classic players, not to mention starting not at the very beginning like they really should have, but started at 1.12. So now you have folks who were able to rush through content vs back in Vanilla and they’re bored. Then we get posts like the OP that is full of such lunacies and borderline that it read like some crazed bomber due to that boredom.

This is all on Blizz wanting folks to feel like they’re back on their private servers. Plain and simple.

And the whole mentality from Classic players claiming players from 2004 didn’t know how to play/raid is such a hot crock of s*** it’s laughable when those same players carry on and circle the draino if something takes more than a week or two. And the holier than thou players wonder why the majority dislikes them.

It's the game's fault the only rewarding content is 4 hours a week. It's not the player's fault they don't want to play a 15 year old game for no progress. People don't even want to run the newest content for no progress. All the things you mentioned are just things to say you did because you could. Most people don't want to repeat 15 year old content just because they could. There are no bragging rights to be had. It's all been done. There is no reward, and human nature is not inherently altruistic.

If there's nothing to do in retail there's 13 years past nothing to do in Classic. Deal with reality. Stop living in a fantasy world where people don't act like people.

10+ Year Old Account
    i need to borrow someone's Tinfoil Hat cause this shit makes too much sense.

Shadowlands dies down? HEY GUYS NEW CLASSIC FRESH SERVERS! Come start over again! Or maybe BC Classic?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything