Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Excuse me, what? I mean, I know opinions are subjective, but this is the first time I've seen those words in the same sentence.
    This is the last expac with actual pvp gear vendors, challenge mode dungeons were better than mythic + dungeons, classes were actually fun to play and while there weren't many raids the ones that we did get were great. The story was a bit short true, (wish we got to go to Faralohn) but all in all it was a solid expac.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    That's not a totally unpopular opinion. BfA lessened the idiotic AP grind from Legion and as shitty as the Azerite gear system is, it's still eons ahead of Legion's shitty RNG Legendaries. Legion was the first time I felt compelled to quit WoW for a reason related to gameplay and BfA was the reason I came back.
    Are you sure its not an unpopular opinion.

I used to read all the time how much people hate azerite traits...and how much they hate essenses.
    Maybe the hate was bigger on Season 1 (azerite pieces)...
    Yeah, im pretty sure the hate was bigger on season 1...but nowadays, im not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Are you sure its not an unpopular opinion.

I used to read all the time how much people hate azerite traits...and how much they hate essenses.
    Maybe the hate was bigger on Season 1 (azerite pieces)...
    Yeah, im pretty sure the hate was bigger on season 1...but nowadays, im not sure.
    BfA's entire issue is that it didn't become worth playing until 8.1.5. They rushed the expansion to hit a quarterly sales window and it ended miserably for all parties involved. It's why I'm thinking we won't be getting Shadowlands til Q1 2021 at the earliest.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ones I know are mostly unpopular.

I actually really like warfronts and hope they do something like it (not AvH but something), in the future.
    BfA for me is actually fairly middle of the pack, not 2nd worst, or worst like most seem to say. (WotLK>Mop>Vanilla>BfA=Legion>BC>Cata>WoD) for reference.

Basically all content in WoW should be sorta like the upcoming tower of the damned where it apparently scales to the number of people in it and still give decent loot. Everything. New dungeons, raids, etc. That way if people wanna hop on and don't have much time to wait or queue, or if someone just wants to chill and experience everything entirely at their own pace they can. You and your best friend wanna do a current raid or dungeon together by yourselves? Go ahead. Not enough people on for raid night? No more having to recruit randoms, it scales. Wanna literally solo everything? Just do it.

Some people say that would take away from the "MMO" aspect but I feel like a lot of people who play the game don't honestly care about that these days anyway, and it would just give more options. If you want to socialize and group up then you still can, and if you don't want to then you can do everything in the game completely solo.

More unpopular opinions for maximum tilt:

• The LFR has single handedly saved WoW from going F2P
    • The LFR is too easy in its current iteration
    • Pathfinding is fine the way it is
    • Mythic raiders should generally be ignored, especially when it comes to class balancing
    • 20M Mythic is infinitely better than 10 or 25M raiding from Cata/MoP
    • Classic is not the panacea WoW needed
    • The main purpose of Classic is to retain existing retail players though the initial burst from launch is likely higher than Blizzard anticipated
    • Attrition has less to do with certain changes made to the game and more to do with external influences which have nothing to do WoW
    • The cash shop is harmless

I could go on but that may actually induce a heart attack from certain demographics in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW's best parts are when it deals with high-tec and extra dimensional bits. Where else do we see space ships, metaphysical magic, lovecraftian horror alongside orcs, elves, and necromancers?

And I should add that WoW is a terrible game, with a great universe and lore. Warcraft was an RTS, but WoW has almost no strategy. It's all memorization, muscle memory, and twitch reflexes. Hit the right buttons at the right times when X procs or when Y gets N stacks. I remember back when strategy was how it was. It was threat management. Doing your best was only a matter of using the biggest spell on your bar. But threat was a thing, and mana was a thing. Balance, plans. WoW shouldn't be skill-based game, it should be STRATEGY.

Quote Originally Posted by Megitsune View Post
    Basically all content in WoW should be sorta like the upcoming tower of the damned where it apparently scales to the number of people in it and still give decent loot. Everything. New dungeons, raids, etc. That way if people wanna hop on and don't have much time to wait or queue, or if someone just wants to chill and experience everything entirely at their own pace they can. You and your best friend wanna do a current raid or dungeon together by yourselves? Go ahead. Not enough people on for raid night? No more having to recruit randoms, it scales. Wanna literally solo everything? Just do it.

Some people say that would take away from the "MMO" aspect but I feel like a lot of people who play the game don't honestly care about that these days anyway, and it would just give more options. If you want to socialize and group up then you still can, and if you don't want to then you can do everything in the game completely solo.
    Gross. The issue with solo play in an MMO is that if you can get everything solo there's little to no incentive to socially interact. And at that point, why bother calling it an MMO? It's a single player game with an MMO tacked on. Tower of the Damned seems the opposite. A single player component tacked onto an MMO.

Garrisons were a great addition to the game and need to reappear with more customisation options in future content.

Gross. The issue with solo play in an MMO is that if you can get everything solo there's little to no incentive to socially interact. And at that point, why bother calling it an MMO? It's a single player game with an MMO tacked on. Tower of the Damned seems the opposite. A single player component tacked onto an MMO.
    Yup I completely understand that. Wouldn't be good for the social aspect of the game at all. Which is why it's an unpopular opinion. but honestly WoW being essentially a single player game with some MMO tacked on would be fine with me. Closest thing you can get to it is SWTOR which I do have fun occasionally playing.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Garrisons were a great addition to the game and need to reappear with more customisation options in future content.
    Was actually just thinking this myself the other day.

It was everything surrounding the garrisons that spoiled the strength they did have.

That being said, unpopular opinion?

Pathfinder is fine I guess.
    Islands are fun when not overdone.
    BfA is enjoyable without diving into how alt unfriendly it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Was actually just thinking this myself the other day.

It was everything surrounding the garrisons that spoiled the strength they did have.
    I still have 5 running and visit several times per week. The income they generate is useful (although only a fraction of what it was, obviously). Also, I enjoyed collecting followers.
    + handy bank, VS and auction house, ore/herbs, free invisibility pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Megitsune View Post
    Yup I completely understand that. Wouldn't be good for the social aspect of the game at all. Which is why it's an unpopular opinion. but honestly WoW being essentially a single player game with some MMO tacked on would be fine with me. Closest thing you can get to it is SWTOR which I do have fun occasionally playing.
    I get it. There's likely a not-insignificant portion of WoW's playerbase that would gladly appreciate such a design. I suppose this is where I tell you hooligans to stay off my lawn because that's a box that's hard to close once opened and I'd hate to see WoW encourage its playerbase to become even more antisocial than it already is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    I still have 5 running and visit several times per week. The income they generate is useful (although only a fraction of what it was, obviously). Also, I enjoyed collecting followers.
    + handy bank, VS and auction house, ore/herbs, free invisibility pots.
    As an avid defender of WoD, I absolutely despised the Facebook game that was Garrison management. Kudos to you for being able to endure that monotony two whole expansions later. I can't even imagine.

WoD was a great xpac, and legion was easily one of the worst xpacs I played.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

As an avid defender of WoD, I absolutely despised the Facebook game that was Garrison management. Kudos to you for being able to endure that monotony two whole expansions later. I can't even imagine.
    I love it. I should add that I also enjoy fungal genetics, the social history of cricket, and watching paint dry.

Make PvP skill neutral: no addons, all gear normalized.

Ban devs from listening to toxic people in the forum community forever.

- - - Updated - - -

More unpopular opinions for maximum tilt:

• The LFR has single handedly saved WoW from going F2P
    This is very likely the truest statement posted on this forum in months.

PVP should be removed from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Grizzly Hills has the worst music. I had to turn it off every time I entered that zone. It's like wailing on a violin with a sickly cat.
    Get out

/10 get outs
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Slyvanas is so powerfull and awesome, forget bolvar she could kick arthas ass anyday of the week.

(In the spirit of unpopular opinions).

ToC was actually a pretty good raid. Sure the scenario didn't change from fight to fight except the last one, but every fight was very cool with new and interesting mechanics, except for Jaraxxus.

They should called ToC a mid raid between tiers instead of a full tier. That way people wouldn't bitch so much about it being called a "tier".