Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well the same way Sir Zeliek of the four horsemen did it.

Sir Zeliek was one of the Four Horsemen of Naxxramas. He was a paladin in life, so strong in his faith, that even in undeath the power of the Light still heeded his call, smiting his foes in battle.

Giving that he wasn't even infused with the light just using it, a lightforged draenei makes more than enough sense to me.
    Last edited by runepower; 2019-12-02 at 06:40 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    It's going to have to be within the next 2 PTR patches since apparently 8.3 is being released around January 7th and I think Blizzard employees get like 2 weeks off for Christmas.
    So either earlier this week, or after Christmas then?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    So either earlier this week, or after Christmas then?
    I'd say either this weeks PTR patch or next weeks PTR patch should have AR DK skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Maybe because they would feel they have a duty to stop Sylvanas in whatever she's doing instead of just jumping into the afterlife in Bastion and transforming to a spirit healer?

I don't know the storyline of allied race DK intro, but I'd imagine Bolvar sells it to them as "Sylvanas is breaking the world and afterworld apart, we need to stop her, stop being dead and useless, stand up and fight".

- - - Updated - - -

Nah the most confusing one is Worgens being supposedly immune to resurrection - humans willingly became Worgen in Silverpine to deny Forsaken the possibility of raising them as one of theirs. And then there are Worgen DKs because apparently "it's a more powerful version of raise". Lol wtf, especially since now we've been told that Sylvanas had special powers since the pact with the Jailer done after defeating of Arthas (so since pre-Cata).
    You can't see how being made partially not-human by druid magic can cause necromancers specially trained to raise only humans into undead to be unable to do it to you?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Argus is the Death Titan apparently. And Death isnt always evil.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Gameplay.

There. Imagine the shitshow if "all" DK players got access to all Allied races, only to then be told "except for Lightforged Draenei, you still got regular Draenei for that lol..."
    Void Elves don't make a whole lot of sense either since apparently The Void and Undeath don't mix well?

Like you said...gameplay mechanics, wouldn't be fair for the Alliance to not get two allied races that can play DKs

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Unholy Lightforged Deathknight can still use the light but are called unholy yet have a sigil of the naaru above their heads. And what exactly makes them Lightforged after death? They would simply be Draenei DKs. This is honestly the most confusing and worst piece of PC lore since undead DKs dying three times.

not only that but when they die in end they’ll unleash a huge burst of light wtf?!
    Gameplay > lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    True. But that will be the case for all races starting with the intro of all Allied Race DKs.

And once the level squish hits, I wonder how that will affect DKs and DHs. Since you're supposed to be able to "play through one expansion and hit max level", will them starting ahead make sense?

They might remove the level advantage at that point so everyone has to go from 1 to Max.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it works on Humans, Orcs, Tauren, Trolls, Goblins, Gnomes, Dwarves, Elves of various kinds... (I don't THINK it works on Space Goats? Tests pending.) And we've seen undead beasts of various types before...

Just not furry humans, apparently.
    The plague and the val'kyr were originally tuned specifically to raise humans. They could kill anything, but only raise humans. The Scourge had necromancers who could raise other things, like high elves. But for the plague and val'kyr it was humans and their direct relations. That was their limitation until after Sylvanas grew more powerful and shared her ability with the val'kyr.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Definitely wasn't just Sylvanas that made it happen.

Arthas was raising undead of all kinds since Wrath. (Actually, since WC3 - Hello, Sylvanas herself and her Dark Rangers?)
    Arthas' Necromancers were raising skeletons of all kinds throughout Icecrown, so it wasn't just him either.
    Please read clear. The plague and val'kyr. Were limited to only humans and their kin. Necromancers, which the Scourge had in plenty and death knights also have this power, can raise just about anything. Sylvanas learned the power too, which is why she had banshees and other creepies on her side. But it wasn't until after she struck her pact and grew more powerful that she could share this power with the val'kyr she was pacted with so they could do it too.

At one point, Arthas used the Sunwell to raise Kel'thuzad - and Kel'thuzad survived. Even exceptionally faithful paladins like Bridenbrad weren't immune to the Plague of Undeath. It took direct intervention from no less than three Naaru to make sure Bridenbrad didn't turn into a basic-level undead (and even the titan-blessed Red Dragonflight's Aspect of Life that controls a force more directly opposed to the forces of death and decay couldn't help much, either, and Uther couldn't come up with a solution to the plague when he faced it, either, despite being one of the most faithful of the Light in human history). And though someone like Fordring can harm a being like the Lich King, he probably wouldn't have been immune to the Lich King's reanimation any more than Bridenbrad was. The Lightforged aren't nearly as powerful as Naaru, seeing as the Naaru are the ones who grant the Lightforged their blessing in the first place, and being directly raised by the Lich King into a Death Knight is a heck of a lot more powerful a force than traditional plague raising. We have plenty of examples of undead paladins and priests in many places at this point. Now, maybe the Light can distinguish between a good Death Knight and a bad one. Perhaps distinguish between a Death Knight that is faithful to the light, or even just one that can serve the Light's ultimate goals, or one that may get in the way of those goals (whatever those are). Many non-lightforged draenei have been raised as Death Knights, and they can still cast Blessings of the Naaru, as well, but this is often seen as trivial as well because the light being utilized is so weak - but how is a generic player-level Lightforged any stronger to a being on the level of the Lich King? It could just be that Death Knights are on a level of construct or raising so powerful that just being or just existing as Lightforged - a blessing of one prime Naaru wouldn't be enough to get in the way of a direct reanimation by the Lich King. There may be beings out there that could be so powerful that maybe the Lich King's magic wouldn't be enough on his own, but as of yet beings of that level would probably be closer to Titans than player characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy Lightforged Deathknight can still use the light but are called unholy yet have a sigil of the naaru above their heads. And what exactly makes them Lightforged after death? They would simply be Draenei DKs. This is honestly the most confusing and worst piece of PC lore since undead DKs dying three times.

not only that but when they die in end they’ll unleash a huge burst of light wtf?!
    Well we did have one deathknight who maintained some level of connection to holy magic after their transformation so... I guess if you squint really REALLY hard and don't think about it to much....

And Arthas' Val'kyr were raising DKs long before Sylvanas got hold of them. So no - Sylvanas' pact had nothing to do with the Val'kyr 'gaining the ability to raise more than just humans.' They already had that power.

In fact - Worgen DKs ALREADY existed. They existed when Worgen were introduced. So Arthas had that power - Sylvanas didn't. Arthas' Val'kyr had that power - Sylvanas' didn't.

By the time Sylvanas gained control of the Val'kyr, they had already been shown to be able to raise at the very least Worgen DKs, amalgamations of various kinds, skeletons/undead of various kinds of Orcs, Elves AND Humans (at least, though I presumed this was more just to give variety and guessed there were other skeletons intended to be there too but design time and focus wasn't there).

And when Sylvanas gained control of the Val'kyr, she apparently couldn't raise anything other than humans. Either her pact with them actually made them weaker instead of stronger, or she could have made DKs out of Worgen and chose not to - Which still begs the question, why does it work on everything BUT Worgen? She never GAVE power to the Val'kyr, because they already had the ability to raise things other than humans.

Side note: Beasts ate the plagued grain and turned as well.
    Do the val'kyr actually raise DKs? I haven't played the DK starting zone for a while and I don't remember.

The scourge has massive amounts of necromantic forces, just because they had all kinds of undead doesn't mean all of them were raised by the val'kyr.

Gameplay > Story. There's no point in trying to explain it. Lightforged Death Knights should either not exist or should be just differently colored regular Death Knights. Void Elves fall into that same camp and so do mechagnomes when you really stop and think about it.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    All good points in this thread sofar, just adding my two cents is that you can call on the Light not because you're good, or because you're aligned to some holy force, but through *conviction*.

Just as the Priest draws their power through *strength of will*.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Don't expect a reasonable explanation.

This is the same asshole company that said Zandalari can't be warlocks because of no exposure to the fell despite demoniacs and hexlords, but somehow Zandalari can be monks as taught by the race they massacred and oppressed for years.

And now Lightforged can be DK.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Zandalari can't be warlocks because of no exposure to the fell despite demoniacs and hexlords, but somehow Zandalari can be monks as taught by the race they massacred and oppressed for years.
    But Vulpera can for some reason? They don't have any exposure to demons.

And adding Monks for Allied races who haven't even met Pandaren makes no sense in my book
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telwar View Post
    Eh. If Forsaken priests don't evaporate from using the Light, I wouldn't worry about Lightforged DKs.
    Are the Forsaken now vampires?
    Last time I checked they were always priests..

Your looking wayyyyy to much into this op it's simple if it can be brought back to life it can become a death knight the hint is in the name.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    But Vulpera can for some reason? They don't have any exposure to demons.

And adding Monks for Allied races who haven't even met Pandaren makes no sense in my book
    Can't wait to make a Fox monk lol!

There is nothing in the lore that states someone who uses Unholy magic can't also use holy magic. /thread

Blizzard's treatment of Warcraft lore has been shit for many years, this is another example of that. I don't really understand why do they want to destroy their property that much, because some people give up on playing because of this, subconciously slowly losing interest when seeing this idiocy in lore that does not make sense.

It's not like Blizzard gains much by giving Lighforged draenei access to being death knights, no one would care if they did not, so why do they still do that, I don't understand.