Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    -We should have both Dailys quests and World Quest.
    -7.3 fucking sucked, in all ways.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Ten man is the ideal raid size.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I suppose my most unpopular opinion is WoW needs more solo content. (inb4 "don't play mmos if u want 2 solo")
    Yeah, don't get why people think making the game even more inaccessible through requiring groups. This is an MMO, not an MPO (Massively Partying Online).
    That's a tricky question in terms of popular / unpopular.

1. Most human beings are extroverted and prefer social play in their video games.
    2. All internet forums skew HEAVILY introverted. Even this forum is mostly filled with introverts. I've seen this from polling done on extrovert / introvert on every forum I've been on.
    3. Internet forum moderators are pretty much PURE introverts, to the point where ban rules are skewed to ban extroverted behavior as they seem to fail to differentiate it from trolling.
    4. Video game companies can make the error of putting HEAVY weight on internet forums for customer feedback, resulting in game updates that favor introverts and drive extroverts away.

As a result, video game companies are at risk of getting corrupted feedback, updating the game to please introverts, and accidentally starting to drive away the majority of their playerbase. I think Mists of Pandaria is a great example. MoP is a game update that favors introverts, so internet forums will praise it, yet when you look at customer numbers, subs collapsed all through MoP as it drove away extroverts. And there was much discussion about why this was occurring because internet pundits insisted it was "great" content. Which is was NOT.

You have to understand that posting on an internet forum puts you into an introvert echo chamber and adjust accordingly. The opinions expressed here can get very hostile if you present new social play ideas. Introverted ideas that are popular on this forum will be UNpopular to the gaming community and general public.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-12-03 at 05:22 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

WoW gets progressively better with every expansion. Every expansion is a better version of the game than the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Cataclysm was the peak of "classic" style WoW, not BC or Wrath.

Vash'jir is the most unique and fun zone ever.

No, BFA is not worse than WoD.
    I don't know who you are, but I like you

Cataclysm was my favorite expansion.

Anyone who thinks anything is worse than WoD has dain bramage.

Flying mounts suck the life out of the world.

So do portals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    WoW gets progressively better with every expansion. Every expansion is a better version of the game than the previous one.
    This thread is titled "Unpopular Opinions", not "Delusions".

Cata and BfA were decent expansions and far from being as bad as people made them out to be.

WotLK and the Lich King/Arthas are the most overrated thing that happened to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Grizzly Hills has the worst music. I had to turn it off every time I entered that zone. It's like wailing on a violin with a sickly cat.
    Oh and this too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    This thread is titled "Unpopular Opinions", not "Delusions".
    Opinions are subjective. I guess this concept might be too hard to grasp for some.

Edwin Vancleef did nothing wrong.

Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

Blizzard should make the games the way they want like they did back in the day and stop listning to what the community claims they want.

Wrote out a bunch of stuff and then went through to vaguely order it by expansion.

• Classic servers were not made because there was demand for it; they were made because Blizzard can now suck the wallets dry of people who were playing on pirate servers before and can shut down any pirate server it finds with the justification that they run their own Blizzard owned servers as opposed to previously where players would complain that they didn't offer the service. It gave Blizzard a way to justify their legal shutdowns of stolen IP (because if it's from a big company apparently it wasn't stealing) to the players on those servers by saying "Hey, come play on official servers instead!".
    • Classic and TBC were awful in comparison to anything that came after. Most people attribute the carebear ezmode version of the game as starting in Wrath and really ramping up in Cataclysm, but it really started in Burning Crusade with the Isle of Queldanas giving raid equivalent gear for daily quest badges. Classes were balanced like crap and it was just accepted back then because reasons?
    • Flying was a mistake and should never have been added to the game. It ruins any sort of immersion you may have, makes farming painless, and really takes the life out of PvP as well; compromising with Pathfinder in Warlords after Blizzard came to the same conclusion was also a mistake and they should have really stuck to the no flying concept.
    • Most of the game's music is unbearable for me. The combat sounds are fine, most of the emotes and voice acting is fine, but a lot of the music is very dull to me, especially if I hear it on multiple characters while leveling alts through similar zones. I agree with OP, Grizzly Hills had absolutely awful music.
    • Ulduar is massively overrated. I've posted about it before, but fully half the raid was boring bosses that had nothing to do with anything. Flame Leviathan was a crappy vehicle fight, Razorscale was a garbage fight, Ignis was a garbage fight, XT was okay but had a god-awful voice, Kologarn was terrible, the council fight was crap, Auriaya was crap, and only the keepers onward were really all that interesting in any way. It was also not the introduction of hard mode fights despite what many people think.
    • Arthas is overrated as hell. He had a great character development through the RTS games and even his book was okay, and then he was suddenly a Saturday morning cartoon bad guy making an appearance constantly and checking in on you to see how you were liking the cold weather in Northrend.
    • Cataclysm, despite Dragon Soul's actual raid content, is one of the best expansions that was released. It had a ton of available content on launch, had the revamped talent system, offered great legendary items and other great customizations (fire cat!) long before the Legion artifacts, had rep grinds that were bearable, amazing questing zones with solid end-game daily content, and the original versions of the heroic dungeons that went back toward BC difficulty should have been left alone instead of nerfing them all. It also introduced LFR which justified them being able to budget so much into the raid content in terms of both gameplay and art now that a much larger percentage of the player base had access to it.
    • WoD had some of the best content the game had seen in terms of questing, dungeons, and raiding in spite of having a very thrown together and disjointed story and was actually a very good expansion.
    • Legion had some of the best stories the game has seen; I was much more interested in Suramar and the unfolding of the zone over the weeks (yes, even with the time-gating people cried about) than I ever was interested in the random disjointed zones of BC, the Arthas wrap-up in Wrath, or the rediscovery of lost clans in Cataclysm (although I was quite interested in Garona's story in Cata). Legion had outstanding stories that set up a lot of new content far ahead of time.
    • Legiondaries were fine. The difficulty of obtaining the ideal legendaries at all times because MUH MYTHIC PROGRESSION was something that only 0.01% of the people playing the game actually had to concern themselves with; everyone else's guild was not going to make or break the fight because little Johnny Prydaz didn't have his highest DPS legendary cloak instead.

I'm sure there will be some agreement with some of these things, but compared to the majority of players they're probably quite unpopular, especially since I think Ulduar was an overrated piece of crap with about 5-6 decent bosses and that it was NOT the invention of hard mode fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    Edwin Vancleef did nothing wrong.

Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    I'm quite on board with VanCleef, not so much Garrosh. Poor Edwin just wanted to be paid for the quality work they did building Stormwind and when they refused he decided to get revenge. He was then hunted down and executed in his own home (dungeon or lair just sounds villain-y) and had his head removed from his body in front of his daughter, then handed back to someone across Westfall all because he wanted to be paid for the work he and his fellow union members did.

Garrosh was kind of a dick; some of the things he did sure, but threatening to kick other races out of the Horde and stuff was total dick move, and then re-invading with the Iron Horde just made things worse. He also ignored advice from the people Thrall specifically told him to listen to as advisors, which ended with Cairne's death because of his own naivety as to who Cairne's enemies were and allowing his weapon to be poisoned.
    Last edited by Cronovey; 2019-12-03 at 05:49 AM.

Unpopular opinion:

The two faction system makes no sense, and only serves to split the pool of potential teammates.

PVP in wow is low tier trash, and should probably be removed entirely to its own separate game so it can stop interfering withh class balance, and sink or swim on its own merits.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    After seeing how Phase 2 classic went down , Warmode was the best thing for this game. Gives people who want to farm in peace the ability to do, and gives the alliance the ability to pvp but when they eventually get zerged they can get away easily.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

7+ Year Old Account
    -The Borean Tundra isn't that boring. I actually find Howling Fjord a lot more empty. Apart from HF's music and visuals it's rather boring, at least for Horde. With BT however I like the eerie music and desolate areas. It looks like a tundra.

Alliance bias.

I loved Legion class changes.

I would scrap a raid tier for new customisations.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Wow pretty much ruined my life, its so addictive. Even though I don't play anymore I can't control myself with reading about it or staying tuned to it. I feel like those people that are so into soccer or something, which I never wanted to be. Mmo's are nor for peoplè who have addiction problems, nor those who have to study, and i'm both...
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Cataclysm was the peak of "classic" style WoW, not BC or Wrath.

Vash'jir is the most unique and fun zone ever.

No, BFA is not worse than WoD.
    You get me, you know my soul...
    Last edited by Dapower; 2019-12-03 at 06:50 AM.

I like having people around, but I mostly like playing solo.

I liked the leveling experience in WoD, and some of the raids, but the overall story was pure garbage, especially near the end (although I don't think many people will disagree with that part). I also liked the garrison because of my tendency towards soloing, but I realize it killed the economy and ruined a lot of things for many people so I'm aware it was bad for the overall health of the game so I'm ok with it not being a thing in further expansions.

I hate Grizzly Hills and Borean Tundra. I'm actually not sure if that's unpopular or not, but I avoided those zones like the plague when leveling after having experienced them exactly once on my main.

I don't give a flying fuck about the faction conflict and think the game has been made worse by continuously trying to force it (it was temporarily interesting to me with Garrosh but I expected and wanted Vol'jin to win. Shame how they used him afterwards). The Horde and Alliance should have been at peace since Warcraft 3 and we as individuals should be able to fight whoever we want (which would also give more use to the "at war" button that was only basically used if you wanted to get rep with the pirates. Also, what rep you start with should just be based on your race. Like, Orcs would start at a bad rep with Draenei and NEs, to give an easy example, and Tauren would be chill with NEs)

Oh yeah, and I LOVE "spec identity" over "class identity", which makes Legion my favorite xpack since WotLK.

I hate most of WoW's music, but especially so after being spoiled musically with FFXIV. I turn on my music when an xpack comes out just to hear if it has improved (and it has, but I still don't like it) but it only lasts a few days. It's been like that since WotLK for me. It just never occurred to me to turn it off during vanilla and BC for whatever reason. I think the music I hated the most was the original Orgrimmar music, not really sure why.
    Last edited by Biske; 2019-12-03 at 07:27 AM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Unpopular opinion: game should be challenging enough so that you actually have to use your class correctly before you enter mythic instances. A sense of danger makes the game more interesting.

Everytime I write this somewhere, I create a real chaos with hordes of players looking to burn me for suggesting that the game might be more fun without speedrushing and instant gratification
    Last edited by Loeko; 2019-12-03 at 07:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion Survival is the best incarnation of the Survival spec for Hunters

Cataclysm had one of the most enjoyable dungeons (both mechanically and by difficulty)

WotLK was a poor xpac in terms of game mechanics introduced and storyline added or supposedly resolved. Arthas/LK was generally a weak character in terms of development and story writing, and that whole era is best forgotten since WoW in its current state is a vast improvement.