Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unpopular Opinions:

MoP was the Best Expac in terms of basically everything.
    Cata was a great Expac and only really struggled at the end with a lackluster Deathwing Fight.
    Vanilla wasn't hard and is extremely overrated.
    Current Talent system is better than Talent Trees ever were.
    Nearly every Horde Race was created to be edgy or Savage and thus any afterthought into their Lore felt clunky or just plain bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked most of things in WoD

Amazing zones; amazing music; great PvP system (best up to date).

The only big downside was the fact you could sit in garrison and make a lot of money (WoD ruined WoW economy and hugely devalued gold this way).
    Take mine, herbalist garden and barn out of garrison, remove gold rewards from missions and remove Salvage Yard - expansion would be much better overall.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2019-12-03 at 08:05 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unpopular opinions:

Titanforging is a good system that enhances the game for most players. If TF is a cancer for you, you're probably approaching the game wrong
    AP is a decent system that enhances the game for most player. If AP is a cancer for you, you're probably approaching the game wrong
    Flying is not responsible in any way whatsoever for the woes of WPvP. WPvP is the problem with WPvP
    Flying enhances the mid-late expansion experience
    The game is better off because of the shop

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Cataclysm was the peak of "classic" style WoW, not BC or Wrath.

Vash'jir is the most unique and fun zone ever.

No, BFA is not worse than WoD.
    That is indeed a very unpopular opinion since no one in their right mind would say Cataclysm is a part of the "classic" WoW. Cataclysm was the first AOE EVERYTHING, DUNGEON FIND EVERYTHING, NO COMMUNITY expansion. ^^

So yeah, you stuck to the topic =D

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft is a good game.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

As I learned recently: Lorewalker cho's voice is annoying sterotype, the constant gasping and cringy fake accent drives me nuts.

Apparently people like that shit though.. at least on MMOC.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Arthas was a bad character saved by the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    World of Warcraft is a good game.
    This guy is right

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Blizzard should make the games the way they want like they did back in the day and stop listning to what the community claims they want.
    That would be the case if they actually still made games that they want to play. That is simply no longer the reality of the industry and you really don't want them to make the game they want, because that mean just chasing the latest fad and abandoning everything else for maximum profit.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I like farming AP

BFA is better than WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Even the whole tamagotchi thing with hunters gave you a better bond with your pet.
    I do miss this for exactly that reason. I loved gaining loyalty with my pet to best friend and having to be mindful whether or not he was happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    As a result, video game companies are at risk of getting corrupted feedback, updating the game to please introverts, and accidentally starting to drive away the majority of their playerbase.
    This is a quote from one of the Wildstar devs: "And solo players are tragically underserved in most MMOs – something like 65% of players tend to play largely solo (Massively Single-player, as it were)." Combined with various statements by Blizzard devs over the years I'm led to believe the percentage of solo players is much higher than people think yet it's had little to no effect on game design (other than the introduction of LFR which still isn't solo content). I also have a running theory it's part of why there's so much toxicity in groups because chances are half the people don't want to be there it's just that WoW doesn't offer alternate character progression that doesn't involved instanced group content.

If you played any MMOs prior to WoW's launch then you'd know that WoW, comparatively, was incredibly solo friendly and thus has only itself to blame for attracting a large audience of solo players that Blizzard has for the most part given nothing to do outside of leveling and daily quests.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

3+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras is the Hero of the Warcraft universe trying to stop the ultimate evil the Void and the Titans.

The origins of Sargeras walks the same line as Arthas and Illidan (sacrificing their light to darkness for something good).

This game has improved and is now more rich than it has ever been.
    As of today, it features a lot of fun and new mechanics.
    It now fits better both casuals and hardcore players.
    BfA AP grind was not that hard, stop leveling alts or farming xmogs and go get level 70 on your HoA.
    Your tastes have evolved since 15 years.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

- I enjoy Titanforging slowly increasing my item level through just doing world quests, it's a pleasant incremental progression (including eventually upgrading from blues to epics).

- Artificial scarcity through removal of collectibles is bad. Indulging the vanity of "the prestige" of exclusivity is bad. The collection itself is the worth, not the "I have, you don't"

- Pet Battles would be better if they were more RPG than puzzle game. (if this is not unpopular with the community, it sure is with the devs)

- I don't like the reintroduction of daily quests in Mechagon and Nazjatar.

- Draenei & Tauren Rogues, Stealth is magic anyway.
    Last edited by Samin; 2019-12-03 at 09:39 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion was the best expansion to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I do miss this for exactly that reason. I loved gaining loyalty with my pet to best friend and having to be mindful whether or not he was happy.

This is a quote from one of the Wildstar devs: "And solo players are tragically underserved in most MMOs – something like 65% of players tend to play largely solo (Massively Single-player, as it were)." Combined with various statements by Blizzard devs over the years I'm led to believe the percentage of solo players is much higher than people think yet it's had little to no effect on game design (other than the introduction of LFR which still isn't solo content). I also have a running theory it's part of why there's so much toxicity in groups because chances are half the people don't want to be there it's just that WoW doesn't offer alternate character progression that doesn't involved instanced group content.

If you played any MMOs prior to WoW's launch then you'd know that WoW, comparatively, was incredibly solo friendly and thus has only itself to blame for attracting a large audience of solo players that Blizzard has for the most part given nothing to do outside of leveling and daily quests.
    That's an odd quote for Wildstar considering that most of their content of any significance was group-only. Sure, there was a lot of sideshow games, but virtually every piece of end-game content required a team. O_o

Wow should be more D&D and less Diablo

10+ Year Old Account
    The game hasn't declined at all - the community and playerbase has.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Grizzly Hills has the worst music. I had to turn it off every time I entered that zone. It's like wailing on a violin with a sickly cat.
    I'll one up you,

I played wow 14 years ago for about 30 minutes with sound on, I turned off the sound. To this day I have never ever played wow with its own sounds on.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate