Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I just mentioned Diablo because it happens to be the game our group of friends were playing that wasn't WoW, you can literally replace "Diablo" with "other games", how you could take that and run as far away with it as you did is beyond me lmao.
    Cuz Diablo has worse content drought than wow, so if someone is bored of wow I dunno how they can play Diablo and not get insta bored. But you do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    We'll be playing classic while we wait for 8.3.5
    Some will, for sure, and it's a genius move by Blizzard to have an alternate game within the same sub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the you see wrong

devs confirmed during blizzcon interviews that shadowlands is planned for december 2020/january 2021.
    Sauce? /10chrs
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Do you exclusively open threads just to complain?

Tell me of a single last expansion patch in the cycle of WoW that "kept us occupied for 9+ months" ?

Because if there never was one (there wasn't) then why are you expecting THIS one to be any different? Just to complain, I imagine?

Over a year of Dragon Soul with 0 other content? Over a year of SoO? ICC?

Legion had 1 raid, 1 dungeon and a new zone, surely that didn't keep people occupied for 9 months, not even 2 if you weren't mythic raiding, so were you making a complaint post then?

It will give plenty of time to re-roll after all the beta/alpha/ptr tell us that what we are playing now is crap and what we don't have is god tier..........you know like every run up to a new expansion.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Amounth of months betweem patches have nothing to do with content droughts. Content drought starts counting when most people consume all viable major content which never happed in wotlk.
    You mean like how the raid content at wotlk launch was consumed by most top 50 guilds in a single raid night of freshly dinged lvl 80s?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

LOL wut op 8.3 is a dream for me will probably be the only game i play soon or atleast be my main game.

Quote Originally Posted by 1know View Post
    I see Shadowlands hitting us in late August, so 8 months is my guess.
    This is to optimistic.From what they showed SL is no where close as development for August release.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    @ Title.

It won't, and it never has. And who cares?
    The whole title is just a bait and clearly targeted at the non-playing readers, just to collect some reasons to stay non-subbed even with big 8.3 content patch.

While in reality the current nazjatar meta achievement wont be finished by most casual players in the next 9 months, because its allready to much.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    Casually doing Mythic+ dungeons
    Heritage armor/lvling alts
    Lfr
    Transmog
    Mechagon meta achievement
    Argus eye farm
    Pet battle dungeons
    Battlegrounds
    Lvl Vulpera !
    Class Halls (really want those DKs pets)
    Legion Emissaries for pet/mounts
    Island expedition to get dubloons for loot crates xd

And thats a lot od things for a casual playing less than 1h during a week and couple on saturday. I wont finish even half of it probably.

But “Hey!” there is no content in WoW
    I liked everything you typed.
    We could add BG, achv, reps, secrets or whatever, there so much content in this game, people won't realize it anymore as only mythic raid / 20+ keystones or 2000+ pvp rating are what they think is content.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

There seems to be some confusion of what casual means, Anyone on a forum about WoW is not casual, anyone who does non-queable group content is not casual (even Normal raid, M0 is not casual) . There is a whole level of player in the game who has no idea about professions, azerite, addons, buffs , even spells outside of the ones the game adds for them. I'd suggest that not a single poster on here is casual.

As for me, I'll be chasing old mounts, looking at some older raid/dung achievements and working on getting my LongBoi (going to be hard getting that 5million) .

10+ Year Old Account
    OP doesn't know what a casual player is. You think they play for hours every day? I wouldn't be surprised if a big chunk of the playerbase played the game a few hours per month these days. It's not like most people actually bother cancelling their sub these days, at least in the communities I'm in.

I mean. Are you subscribed to Netflix, HBO, Amazon, etc? Do you make sure to watch it every day? Lmao.

There's enough content in the game right now to keep casuals occupied until Shadowlands comes. Get over yourself.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by IlikeDemonHunters View Post
    There seems to be some confusion of what casual means, Anyone on a forum about WoW is not casual, anyone who does non-queable group content is not casual (even Normal raid, M0 is not casual) . There is a whole level of player in the game who has no idea about professions, azerite, addons, buffs , even spells outside of the ones the game adds for them. I'd suggest that not a single poster on here is casual.

As for me, I'll be chasing old mounts, looking at some older raid/dung achievements and working on getting my LongBoi (going to be hard getting that 5million) .
    I'm not sure the definition you suggested is correct.
    Casual refer to people not connecting every day, maybe from time to time. What they do during their game time is not relevant. It's obvious that they don't have a high PvP rating or the curve the first weeks. They might do some BGs, arenas, LFR, NM, filing a slot in HM if their gear is OK, why not a +5 to +10 keys. Some connect a lot more during their week off so they might play a lot and some even post on forums.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangfoudre View Post
    I'm not sure the definition you suggested is correct.
    Casual refer to people not connecting every day, maybe from time to time. What they do during their game time is not relevant. It's obvious that they don't have a high PvP rating or the curve the first weeks. They might do some BGs, arenas, LFR, NM, filing a slot in HM if their gear is OK, why not a +5 to +10 keys. Some connect a lot more during their week off so they might play a lot and some even post on forums.
    With respect, that just seems like a 'normal' player. Playing sometimes, having personal objectives etc. Casual is less committed than normal, they pop in and out, don't follow the 'meta' and in most cases are completely solo unless they can queue for it. Though the definition of casual is often discussed and people do have differing opinions. This is just my view.

Either way I pretty sure there is plenty to do in BfA (for those that choose to) until 9.0 for all apart from the most committed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaviaton View Post
    I believe the current consensus is that we will have 8.3(.5) for more than 10 months (Early Jan - Late Nov).
    I think Blizzard has come to expect a significant drop-off in the last 4-5 months of the expansion as part of their expansion cycle at this point. Assuming that 9.0 arrives some time in November, they can probably convince people to subscribe another month before Shadowlands. The addition of 8.3.5 sometime in April or May might keep people in. Some people might stick around for Classic or level alts and whatnot in the middle-period downtime, or just take the summer off. With this time they also keep the "6-month sub" base from unsubbing. While I do believe they want to produce good content I sincerely doubt they themselves think that the 8.3 content will keep people entertained for the full end-of-expansion cycle, which the final patch rarely does. The only thing that kept Legion going for me in this period was alt-leveling for mage-tower but I doubt something equally fun/time consuming/rewarding will be included in 8.3.
    level alts might be tricky
    considering how easy it is to get all your l60+ up with the 15y event

It won't keep anybody occupied for 9 months.

A raid patch gives me about 4 months. After that, you can forget it. If a Mythic boss still alive by then, we ain't killing it without serious nerfs. We'll have hit that cockblock boss that every tier has, and after 6 weeks of mashing our faces on it, the signups will drop and we'll have to pug, and then nothing gets killed...

Quote Originally Posted by IlikeDemonHunters View Post

You know, in the past players called themselfs "casual" when they did only the 2day/week raiding and not the 4-5 days needed for progression raiding. Everything below was just a NOOB starting with the game or a NOOB simply without enough time for this MMO.

Funny how the term got mudded down so much, that it fits to every player, just not to the "casual" regular players who just play a bit each week.

I like the real definition more, a player who gets the low-hanging fruits in this game (M+weekly/N-HC raiding/pvp caps/some achievements here and there) but stops at time excessive activitys (highend pvp, highend m+, highend raiding, insane farming). Everything less than a few minutes each week is basicly a new player or someone who refuses to play the content, I got a term for both.
    -

They will make a 8.3.5 patch just when subs are going down, put out a couple of Allied Races out with some alt catch up just like they did in 7.3.5 so the draught won't feel that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post

I like the real definition more, a player who gets the low-hanging fruits in this game (M+weekly/N-HC raiding/pvp caps/some achievements here and there) but stops at time excessive activitys (highend pvp, highend m+, highend raiding, insane farming). Everything less than a few minutes each week is basicly a new player or someone who refuses to play the content, I got a term for both.
    I'm not going to start an argument with a random person on a forum about the definition of 'casual' in WoW but that list (to me) is far from casual. There are large numbers of people who have never done M0, getting a weekly cache is totally beyond them. There are people still walking, I met someone last week who saw me fishing and asked how they could do that (told me he'd played since MoP and had never seen a player fishing; thought it was NPC's only, turned out he didn't know about professions at all) that to me is casual.

Anyway i've said my bit, good day to all. remember opinions are like arseholes......
    Last edited by IlikeDemonHunters; 2019-12-03 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    OP doesn't know what a casual player is. You think they play for hours every day? I wouldn't be surprised if a big chunk of the playerbase played the game a few hours per month these days. It's not like most people actually bother cancelling their sub these days, at least in the communities I'm in.

I mean. Are you subscribed to Netflix, HBO, Amazon, etc? Do you make sure to watch it every day? Lmao.

There's enough content in the game right now to keep casuals occupied until Shadowlands comes. Get over yourself.
    Yes actually, I do watch Netflix and amazon prime everyday. When I am ironing, doing the dishes, etc. Why would I keep throwing money at a business if I am not using their service?

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    it's ok to have 6-9 months drought before an expansion. this is when the game has the least amount of subscriptions.

But this is mitigated partially by blizzard because of wow classic. Some people will think that a subscription with 2 games is a good deal and will stay subscribed even when there is nothing going on in retail.

to OP: This is completely normal & been happening for the last 7 expansions. I would even encourage blizzard to focus completely on next expansion to give us the best experience possible.

What exactly are they supposed to be "focusing" on for the next xpac? No new class, coupled with a pretty light features list for the xpac makes me wonder what they would do exactly with the extra time you suggest they take away from working on the current version.