Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They only update the old world as and when it’s relevant now. Don’t expect a revamp. Especially now the old world has been made 100% optional and is no longer what a new player experiences.

Times have changed, the days of exploration and discovery or world altering events and faction victories are long dead.

Gamers are all about power, efficiency, min max and equal opportunities. You can't have another Ahn'qiraj Gates where 1 person gets to do something or one faction gets to do something and everyone else is shit out of luck. You can't create content to be explored when nobody cares about exploring because someone will create a guide online that everyone follows.

This isn't a WoW "problem", its a generation "problem" that Blizzard cannot fix. Gaming has become mass market, we no longer dumb dumbs wandering around an open world RPG finding things and getting lost in the barrens for 2 days. The internet has become too advanced for anything to lie hidden for longer than a day and people playing games want everything now and not be restricted from getting anything either.

So while I hate the term "boomer" it heavily applies to this thread. You want a time machine to go back 10+ years to when gaming and mmorpgs were a different thing. That isn't happening anymore and Blizzard will never develop towards that mindset.

They can certainly reduce the grinds of AP and WQs, but creating evolving worlds, events that impact the world if you there at the time or deep explorable areas is just wasted effort when the audience for it is minimal and the instant gratification crowd will just "spoil" it all by sharing it online or data mine it before its even released.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    The majority of the playerbase is not bitching about it, just the same loud and obnoxious minority.
    100% facts well said!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I've no idea how your RTS mechanic would even work with a PC-centered camera nor how it would change the game in any significant way. If you want to play a Warcraft RTS, there's a great remastered one incoming in a matter of months. I see no reason to implement another genre's mechanics so halfheartedly just like I would, say, see no reason to turn Hunters into an FPS class.
    To add something more than just press the same buttons in similar order all the time on every fucking class. There's zero gameplay flavor in this game, everything plays exactly the same way, no extra control, nothing exotic whatsoever.

I don't even know why you think the camera should stick to the player character if you can control your summons, it literally makes no sense to think that the camera would stay there.

Also I'm not saying every fucking class should do that. You don't want to deal with these control? Fine, there's a dozen other classes right there not using that, find yuor own, like wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    There always has been balancing issues with classes, and there always will be. Last time classes were even good was Mists of Pandaria. It didn't stop them from adding Demon Hunters. This whole "class re-design" mission statement they've made to justify no new class is just adding back abilities after pruning all classes. Class balancing from Blizzard is like Cory Matthews' haircut cycle of shame. After a haircut, his hair looks terrible for six weeks, then it looks terrific for one day; however the day after, he needs to get another haircut. It's the same with classes. Classes are almost never balanced. Then they're good for like one expansion. And Blizzard fucks it all up the following expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Certain as in there's been a legitimate leak somewhere or gut feeling? Because they've come out and said Allied Races was a BfA feature. I mean, I know they've gone back on their word before, but there's nothing official on that front.
    I wish right now that it were more than just a gut feeling, but they seem popular enough to continue past BfA. I've seen other expansion features catch a lot of flak (garrisons, expeditions) in the past, but I haven't seen too many people unhappy about the addition of allied races.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    I wish right now that it were more than just a gut feeling, but they seem popular enough to continue past BfA. I've seen other expansion features catch a lot of flak (garrisons, expeditions) in the past, but I haven't seen too many people unhappy about the addition of allied races.
    True, allied races has been pretty well received. Well, I hope they continue it because I haven't been a raider since Cataclysm, so as an alt-holic, I'm looking for things to be excited for in Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like your idea about the new Kobold Mine. We no take candle. Candle merely setback.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    TBC? Pffft! My guild had server-first C'thun. I had full Tier 2. Almost had full Tier 3 before TBC. You know what that meant? It meant jack shit.

You have this fantasy that other players drool over your gear. They don't. They won't. Blizzard has already exhausted all the best looks. My current transmog uses stuff from Cataclysm. Everything in WoD looked like garbage. Same goes for Legion. I don't like the art style of BfA either.

WoW is not the game where you get to feel superior to other players. Level boosts and catch-up mechanics ended that long ago. WoW is the game where you go off on your own adventures without worrying about what other players are doing. WoW is "you do you" MMO-style.

Games like EverQuest just don't have the same mass-appeal as a casual game. Nobody wants to be the lowly peasant to your glorious hero.
    The bolded part is 100% correct, nobody gives a flying fuck what gear/achievements/mounts/pets you have .

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Last time; they literally put half an expansions worth of effort to make the world relevant again. What happened? Nearly a decade later and the majority of the player base is still bitching about it. So I wouldn't get your hopes up
    Because they did it wrong. They didn't make it more adventurous or fun, hard, rewarding or anything. They made you blow through it with reckless aplomb for no reason other than to level super fast. You went through half a zone's quests and left because they got grey. It simply became a troublesome tedium that you had to slog through somehow with all kinds of heirlooms or just sit in dungeons and speed rush through it.

Had it been more fun, slower, meatier, rewarding it might not have sucked so bad. As it is now i don't ever venture into the new azeroth except maybe to northland.