Poll: Will Ion be replaced?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Why do you think BfA is a "colossal" failure?
    Cuz they keep using rep grinds for longevity:

Ugh why god why (ps: I’m done with all my reps)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I really, REALLY dont't believe this "2 Expansions ahead" thing anymore. The story of the game is way too incohesive for that to be true.
    Agreed; and seeing how things seem to change based on people’s responses... i dont think it’s true. Maybe on a dart board it’s planned or something

Do you really believe that Ion is the guy who takes the financial decisions? Most of BFA's failures are based on their greed for money, all this endless grinds are there to make players spend more time ingame. Titanforging is a prime example. All of this gear resets are purely there to make new players come back, they dont care if its fun for the current players.

Greed for $$ is why this expansion failed.

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Wasn't he the head for most of Legion? And if my memory recalls, the end of Legion was at its peak due to the systems improving.
    Improvements that they were told to make in beta, not sure if they can really take credit for that.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Will Shadowlands be the final expansion that Ion is the lead on? After the colossal failure that BfA turned out to be, there's a lot riding on Shadowlands. But so far, it seems most people are heavily underwhelmed by the Shadowlands already.

Will we see a new lead dev during Shadowlands or will Ion survive yet another expansion?
    Don't people always say the present expansion is a colossal failure? Also the main issue with the game since vanilla is Tom Chilton, aka Kalgan, aka the killer of Ultima Online (the very first MMO). He was the one responsible for the terrible class balance in vanila for instance, with some classes being limited to one spec at best to be viable (such as paladins and druids). He is also the one responsible for most pvp fuck ups since then as well.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

I hope not, hes a great person and he has great ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not, I like Ion.
    He seems to have a passion for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty damn pointless to speculate something like this.

Will I win the lottery tomorrow?
    Is someone not going to be a moderator in the near future?
    Am I going to sleep properly tonight?
    Is it going to snow today? Weather forecast put it at 50/50.
    Will I get killed by a meteor?

etc...

All I know is my gut says maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    How do we know BfA was a colossal failure?

BfA success is what I like to call, a "players interpretat(ion)" on how successful it is. It might not be as good as the more popular ones, but saying it's a colossal failure, or a failure at all is something we don't really know. If he will lead more expansions? Don't know. I am going to go with yes. I highly doubt that Ion would be the one that Blizzard will blame for the recent expansions. Legion was well received by players and had a healthy player-base for the whole expansion, Ion was leading that since Legion launch, and was an Assistant Game Director during Legion's development.

Ion have a good amount of power sure, but an expansions success is a team-effort.
    Lol it wasn't people are still playing it as i type lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    At 5.40 gives me the chill, all the people just WOOOOOAH!

It does look great, I was like WOOOOAH myself sitting alone home watching it :>
    I die laughing everytime i hear at 6:02 that yell is amazing, that's the most scary yell i have ever heard! lol perfect for that trailer ending! And we can say all we want but shadowlands has potential to be one of the best expansions + graphically the video was great as usual! It was impossible being at home or blizzcon and not get a reaction like that, when you see the sky upside down!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I die laughing everytime i hear at 6:02 that yell is amazing, that's the most scary yell i have ever heard! lol perfect for that trailer ending! And we can say all we want but shadowlands has potential to be one of the best expansions + graphically the video was great as usual! It was impossible being at home or blizzcon and not get a reaction like that, when you see the sky upside down!
    Lol, trust me it is possible to not like that shitty cinematic. Worst one they've ever created, truly a terrible story. It's also the most disliked cinematic they've made.

If there's something truly bad about bfa, its certain classes lack of working design (affliction in m+ and pvp), the overwhelming rng in certain aspects, and the thoughtless destruction of good pvp rewards system that worked great (mop/wod scaling pvp gear) replaced by the awful current model making bgs pointless and m+ the best and easiest way to gear pvp.

Don't think thats just on Ion, but whichever part of the team designs pvp needs to actually ask players or people with more history in wow, cuzz they don't seem to have a clue on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    I know it’s not me quoted, but yes I would enjoy it. I don’t mind a grind if the story can justify a grind. BFA is the first time I have ever felt so disconnected from the story, which made me lose all motivation to grind or even raid mythic.
    Well, it seems you're in a minority. Based on the reactions to the features I mentioned - and people have consistently complained more about those things than the story. To say the story is the "real" problem with BfA is absurd.

To look at another way, I can't imagine many people subscribe for the story, you can just follow that online (in fact for the majority of it you have to anyway lol).

10+ Year Old Account
    "Guys, I don't like Lobster so surely that means that Lobster is a terrible, nasty tasting dish, right?" - OP

There really needs to be an opinion/hate subsection so that we can filter out these stupid threads into the trashb-, I mean, it's proper category.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    legion was garbage too. RNG artifacts, endless AP grind, out of control WF/TF, all but ignored PVP side, etc. and most of them have only gotten worse. legion had a few good late additions that people liked, but before then, EVERYONE hated legion, until the last patch it was widely considered to be as bad or worse than WoD.
    I think that if you go back and see what polls (where not only the vocal minority counts) showed you'll see that Legion was one of the more liked expansions of WoW (top half for sure). For me it was somewhere in the middle, it had both positives and negatives.

But I suppose you'll just let your feelycrafting take over anyway, I shouldn't have bothered replying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will Shadowlands be the final expansion that Ion is the lead on? After the colossal failure that BfA turned out to be, there's a lot riding on Shadowlands. But so far, it seems most people are heavily underwhelmed by the Shadowlands already.

Will we see a new lead dev during Shadowlands or will Ion survive yet another expansion?
    But, where are the statistics that BFA was a colossal failure?

Even so, no, they wouldn't replace him for that, he's been on a lot of them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Lol, trust me it is possible to not like that shitty cinematic. Worst one they've ever created, truly a terrible story. It's also the most disliked cinematic they've made.
    I do like the cinematics but I do not like you. I guess everyone can have his opinions, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I do like the cinematics but I do not like you. I guess everyone can have his opinions, right?
    LOL now that's a pointless post

If he gets replaced, I think there is a bigger chance that it gets worse instead of better.

LOL now that's a pointless post
    Mostly like your thread

10+ Year Old Account

LOL.

The expansion won't be out for about six months. How can people already be disappointed in something they don't even have yet?
    Putin khuliyo