Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I always think it's funny when people think a company is going to sabotage a project that will make them hundreds of millions of dollars just to spite people.

These sorts of people generally think the world revolves around them.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    If you can't make your own fun in classic and has to have some thing hand-hold you, then you are not playing the correct game.

You and every one like you is the reason why the LookingForGroup chat is so dead now.. just a few months after release, I remember a 2 months ago, when there were strat, scholo, Spire groups shouting every minute and a lot of them.. same as with low lvl dungeons.. But now, it's so quiet.. Just because people can't just do dungeons for the fun of it, they have to have a reason or push to do it, and can't just do it for "fun"
    That's because Classic's gameplay is "fun" in the same way that dying a slow, painful death to a preventable disease like polio is "fun". Most video games are fun because the more time you spend playing them the better you become at actually playing the game, but Classic's class design is such that you can play literally any class at 100% efficiency with only a few hours of practice (at most), so the actual core gameplay loop becomes repetitive and boring very quickly. At that point, the only "fun" you can have with the game is by improving your character itself, which takes a few hours of raid logging per week, and if that's all I need to do then you can bet your ass I'm gonna get it out of the way as quickly as possible so I can play a game that has actual gameplay elements beyond right click and afk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    It's the game's fault the only rewarding content is 4 hours a week. It's not the player's fault they don't want to play a 15 year old game for no progress. People don't even want to run the newest content for no progress. All the things you mentioned are just things to say you did because you could. Most people don't want to repeat 15 year old content just because they could. There are no bragging rights to be had. It's all been done. There is no reward, and human nature is not inherently altruistic.

If there's nothing to do in retail there's 13 years past nothing to do in Classic. Deal with reality. Stop living in a fantasy world where people don't act like people.
    No joke you just proved that the issue is you. You can't complain that doing the same thing makes a game boring because every online game is like this. League of legend, call of duty, diablo...
    Yo in classic you farm some hard earned gear and they remain BIS forever. In retail, you get the mythic helm BIS with titanforged and 4 months later when the new raid comes out, everything you have is shit. But the point of the game is to get stronger to do something out of that new strength. Thing I like the most is BGs or WPVP or gurubashi or farming gold in level 60 dungeons or... It's not about new content, because you'll get bored of it anyway after few weeks. Its about new skirmishes and what to do with that gear. If your fun is new content, you will get bored no matter which expansion you are playing after few weeks of a new patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Very sad that the only "things to do" you could come up with are the things people do while WAITING to do actual content. You cant seriously believe Theorycrafting counts as content. Ignoring the fact that the game has been theorycrafted to death (even your examples require absolutely ZERO theorycrafting and are well known to most), this really isnt "content". The fact you include "3 rouges ambushing at the same time" as a fun and exciting thing to do in game instead of actual content shows how desperate you are to pad out the dismal level of content classic has, and vanilla had.

There are NOT "many things to do", and your pathetic examples prove that.

- - - Updated - - -
    Man I'm having a lot of fun doing that. We're farming bosses with stealth group and skipping most packs and wpvp together in gurubashi. I'm also having a lot of fun stacking only nature spell damage on my shaman 49 (300 spell power) literally killing annyone in 2-4 secs (i know I dont have much stamina but used to playstyle). I haven't found any video/info about shaman stacking nature spell power btw. There is still a lot of theorycrafting that was barely not touched because people simply didnt want to try something that isnt meta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Some retard thinks Zulgurub in Classic is gonna destroy shadowlands? What the actual fuck? How can u even be this retarded?
    Man the trolls in Zulgurub communicate with death gods that can obliterate the shadowlands. noob

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    No joke you just proved that the issue is you. You can't complain that doing the same thing makes a game boring because every online game is like this. League of legend, call of duty, diablo...
    Yo in classic you farm some hard earned gear and they remain BIS forever. In retail, you get the mythic helm BIS with titanforged and 4 months later when the new raid comes out, everything you have is shit. But the point of the game is to get stronger to do something out of that new strength. Thing I like the most is BGs or WPVP or gurubashi or farming gold in level 60 dungeons or... It's not about new content, because you'll get bored of it anyway after few weeks. Its about new skirmishes and what to do with that gear. If your fun is new content, you will get bored no matter which expansion you are playing after few weeks of a new patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Man I'm having a lot of fun doing that. We're farming bosses with stealth group and skipping most packs and wpvp together in gurubashi. I'm also having a lot of fun stacking only nature spell damage on my shaman 49 (300 spell power) literally killing annyone in 2-4 secs (i know I dont have much stamina but used to playstyle). I haven't found any video/info about shaman stacking nature spell power btw. There is still a lot of theorycrafting that was barely not touched because people simply didnt want to try something that isnt meta.

- - - Updated - - -

Man the trolls in Zulgurub communicate with death gods that can obliterate the shadowlands. noob
    I figured that you liked things that did not require skill.

3+ Year Old Account
    It's being rushed because Classic would be dead otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    It's being rushed because Classic would be dead otherwise.
    ^^^

Classic is a joke until t2.5 at the earliest. People will burn out if they dont "rush" it.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    How about classic gets some content released a little faster like dm, honor and bg's because there's literally nothing to do but raidlog 3-4 hours a week.
    Welcome to classic, thats all you did and it was great to not have a million and one things to always be doing.

Classic wasn't made to speedrun trough. Yet people do it anyway and they will hit a roadblock once they farmed MC and Ony, who are now waiting for BWL. I wouldn't say the game is being rushed for the sole reason that they still haven't released BWL, its what keeps most people busy. Battlegrounds also have yet to come which is a good time killer and should help to lessen the world PVP ganking.

Blizzard is laughing at you sheep paying for shadowlands by playing classic.

You are sheep. Classic will die as content is locked, blizzard created a platform to get money from people who hate their games xD

Outsmarted and sheeped.
    Last edited by d00mh4cker; 2019-12-03 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mh4cker View Post
    Blizzard is laughing at you sheep paying for shadowlands by playing classic.

You are sheep. Classic will die as content is locked, blizzard created a platform to get money from people who hate their games xD

Outsmarted and sheeped.
    Why are you posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    The two bolded statements directly conflict.

If there isn't more difficult content coming, there is no reason to have that gear. That's why the last patch always dies the quickest after the raid is finished. People know the game is solved. There is no reason to farm gear because the gear has no purpose if you've beaten everything. You can labour under delusions that ignore human nature, but at some point you have to face reality, and reality is the player numbers for Classic were dropping and they're pushing out structured content that lasts more than 4 hours a week.

Most people don't function without structure. That is why the game needs the battlegrounds now instead of later.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    J. Allen Brack was right ... we thought we do but we don't.
    When even the most die hard fans like asmon already ditched Classic not even 3 months after release, says a lot about the game

7+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla and Burning Crusade are simply not like retail or even Wrath. In both Vanilla and BC the first raids and even 5-mans stayed relevant for a very long time, unlike now where when a new raid comes out the old one is not really all that worth it.

Guilds will be doing MC until Naxx comes out. Content simply does not work the same way and should not be delivered in the same way. Point is the real fun of classic is when you've got most of the stuff out. There's a reason guilds used to raid 4-5 days a week back in the old days.

How long should Blizzard stretch out the content? Many people want to do more then just raid MC and Ony weekly, or even BWL.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    When even the most die hard fans like asmon already ditched Classic not even 3 months after release, says a lot about the game
    Asmongold is a streamer and a big one at that. He needs to have something to do consistently for his audience every day on a full work schedule for his audience and you really just don't have that with classic. Most of the time outside of raids you'll be farming either gold or if you wanna rank honor and that's not the most exciting thing to show your audience.

I'd personally say from a Youtuber/Streamer perspective WoW is a really bad game to cover, and that applies to retail too.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2019-12-05 at 06:15 AM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Vanilla and Burning Crusade are simply not like retail or even Wrath. In both Vanilla and BC the first raids and even 5-mans stayed relevant for a very long time, unlike now where when a new raid comes out the old one is not really all that worth it.

Guilds will be doing MC until Naxx comes out. Content simply does not work the same way and should not be delivered in the same way. Point is the real fun of classic is when you've got most of the stuff out. There's a reason guilds used to raid 4-5 days a week back in the old days.

How long should Blizzard stretch out the content? Many people want to do more then just raid MC and Ony weekly, or even BWL.

Asmongold is a streamer and a big one at that. He needs to have something to do consistently for his audience every day on a full work schedule for his audience and you really just don't have that with classic. Most of the time outside of raids you'll be farming either gold or if you wanna rank honor and that's not the most exciting thing to show your audience.

I'd personally say from a Youtuber/Streamer perspective WoW is a really bad game to cover, and that applies to retail too.
    I'm not a particularly avid consumer of twitch or any other form of streaming platform but I follow Asmon and Sodapoppin for example, and both of them were discussing on twitter the other day about how terrible WoW Classic is for streaming. Fact is, just like you said, Classic wasn't made for streaming that requires hours and hours of content to entertein their viewers. BfA is though, no matter what the memes say. If BfA is enjoyable to watch that's another topic, but Classic is the proof that a good game doesn't mean it's good for streaming

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing a wild card here, but maybe Classic is being rushed because in this day and age people consume content way faster than they did in the original release?

I can't wait for battlegrounds!!!

Retail is dead to me so what I say I say only as a classic player

They aren’t rushing over shadowlands. Shadowlands isn’t even on the wow classic teams radar

They are rushing because launching without BG’s was a mistake in 2019. The original schedule matters not when the current player base is disgruntled and only raiders have anything to do

Launching BG’s is necessary and I’d argue it should’ve been here at launch or close to it

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    5-mans stayed relevant for a very long time, unlike now where when a new raid comes out the old one is not really all that worth it.
    What? Mythic+ makes dungeons more relevant than they ever were before.

they're already imlpementing free server transfers so you can move from your dead server to an active one...

but yeah, classic players thinking the entire gaming world revolves around their silly gankfests and sub-LFR challenge raids... how original...

More so people like myself have almost already completed everything. Trust me I didn't rush either.

I've got T2 pants/helm, most of my T1, and can't really do anything else as dungeons and such provide no advancement. Classic is completely finite. When you're done, you're done. Without a Classic+ or TBC, eventually people will have no sense of accomplishment and the majority will leave. There are those hardcore who don't care I suppose and don't mind running UBRS for the 20th time for no true reason, but without development it will be a problem.