The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    <Snipped for Space>
    Even upon failure, I still think the Impeachment inquiry needed to happen even if it could be misconstrued as politically unsound (Polling at 50% right now, but that could change and not directly translate into votes) because it's what Congress is supposed to do if the President acts in a way that abuses the power of his station. I'd rather them have tried, then set a precedent that allows our elected officials to ignore ratfucking when it's politically convenient to do so.

Is it overly idealistic in a world where you have an entire political party dedicated to being a bunch of maliciously dishonest fucks? Most likely, yeah. But I feel this could be a way to remind the general public what a party of "law and order" actually looks like. And it's not as if this will even be the only scandal Trump has to deal with. The Border Camps and the abuses of ICE, Trump's inept Foreign Policy at the cost of our allies' security - and to the benefit of our enemies, the shitty tax cuts and half brained trade wars, all those corrupt fuckheads he had surrounded himself with that are being yoinked off to jail one by one. Dumb fuck can't even 'get us out of those forever wars' right, because he U-turned all the Troops he pulled out of the Syrian Border somewhere else to guard some Oil Fields.

This is a man so wholly mired in scandal and without any redeeming qualities and the Public needs to be reminded of how much of a malignant failure this man is.

But, again, maybe I'm just being idealistic about what I think 'should' be, versus this reality where too many independents have the critical thinking skills of a steamed ham and will blow in whatever direction stupid Facebook Memes and Snappy Soundbites tell them to

Catching them will achieve what? Is there a single Democrat who doesn't believe that? Seriously? Plus everyone knows why a Republican does it. I don't doubt that in their guts they'd love to wreck Trump and are stayed only by the simple fact that their voters aren't theirs to command and are far more loyal to Trump than to them. Independents, as in people not registered to either party won't care since the Impeachment trial is filled with a convoluted web of state apparatchiks talking about process and trying to lionize themselves and to the general public, they couldn't give a rats ass about these people. Hillary's popularity tanked because the Email scandal confirmed suspicions and revealed she might not be honest in her political positions. More over Hillary failed to campaign in critical states and Obama hurt her campaign by refusing to drop the TTIP/TTP campaign despite her desperately trying to escape its implosion and Obama being to much of a stubborn twat to realize he was poisoning her campaign. In Short Hillary lost the confidence of voters she needed.

It is the Democrats responsibility to actually think strategically. If the plan achieves nothing but helping his reelection; given that the only candidates left on the field will be Bloomberg the donor class darling who firmly believes he can buy an election whilst alienating critical voters, Bloomberg isn't going to hold Sanders voters or Gabbard or Yangs, and neither does Buttigieg capture and hold that base. The Impeachment removes Biden, Warren and Sanders from the race. Which maybe is a good thing, though only Sanders seems to appeal to voters the Democrats don't have on lock already. Gabbard and Yang have that appeal too; but the Establishment hates their guts and Buttigieg isn't capturing new ground. What will the point of Impeachment been if Trump claims a second term?

- - - Updated - - -

As I said above, What is the point of Impeachment if Trump gains a second term?
    Your question has been answered numerous times. Just because you didn't get the answer you wanted, doesn't mean asking the question again is going to change that.

All it does, is reveal that your question has been disingenuous from the beginning.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

As I said above, What is the point of Impeachment if Trump gains a second term?
    The Democrats have backed themselves into a dead end alley. No matter what they do with the impeachment inquiry, they are screwed. Would not surprise me if they only end up censuring him as a worthless token gesture. Which by the way, other Presidents have been before. Notably Andrew Jackson. He was a very rough, unrefined character. lol!
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The Democrats have backed themselves into a dead end alley. No matter what they do with the impeachment inquiry, they are screwed. Would not surprise me if they only end up censuring him as a worthless token gesture. Which by the way, other Presidents have been before. Notably Andrew Jackson. He was a very rough, unrefined character. lol!
    Yes, I agree, the GOP politicians in the Senate don't have any morals or principles.

Kamala is dropping out today. She's informing staffers now.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/03/u...drops-out.html

Link for sauce.

I like Harris...as a Senator. We need more of these T3 named, and especially no-name, candidates out of the primary to start rallying behind a much smaller crowd by now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you're fine with the next democratic POTUS accepting bribes, using federal money to bribe, and uses the Netherlands cyber security forces (whom seem to be among the best in the world right now) to win the election then?
    - Lars

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why? Where is your evidence for this? Why do you think Trump confessing to the crime, and the House now being in possession of audio and video tape re Ukraine, has somehow "backed them into a corner". Unless your only source for news is Fox....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Link for sauce.

I like Harris...as a Senator. We need more of these T3 named, and especially no-name, candidates out of the primary to start rallying behind a much smaller crowd by now.
    Agreed. It's gotta be either Warren or Biden, with Bernie dropping out as soon as his heart can handle the announcement. For the record, I like them all (although that report about Harris' treatment of staff is worrisome...), I just want a front runner now, so we can get on with the General (yes, I know the Primary is still far away).

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Why? Where is your evidence for this? Why do you think Trump confessing to the crime, and the House now being in possession of audio and video tape re Ukraine, has somehow "backed them into a corner". Unless your only source for news is Fox....

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. It's gotta be either Warren or Biden, with Bernie dropping out as soon as his heart can handle the announcement. For the record, I like them all (although that report about Harris' treatment of staff is worrisome...), I just want a front runner now, so we can get on with the General (yes, I know the Primary is still far away).
    Prediction time - If Biden loses Iowa by 7-10% or more he'll lose SC.

Prediction 2 - If Buttigieg wins Iowa by 10+ point's he'll win the entire thing.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-12-03 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Link for sauce.

I've long said I think she's a shoo-in for AG. I didn't see her as having the charisma for the Presidency.

But yeah; they needed to trim down faster than they did. The debates should have been pruning tools; assess performance, cut the worst-performing two or three each time. This isn't the candidates' fault; it's systemic in the way the DNC chooses to run things. It's a mess of their own making.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Kamala Harris is out.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Now it's time for everyone who polled below her to drop too.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Good. Now it's time for everyone who polled below her to drop too.
    Sadly I think we're going to see Tulsi, Steyer, and Yang stick around for a long while.

The one good advantage of all of this dragging on is that the GOP is having difficulty targeting the one to focus on. The sooner we get a front-runner, the more they're going to get Biden'ed, or Hillaried, or whatever connotation you wish to use for the gawful smear campaigns they're going to do against them.

But, yes, even I will admit I'm also tired of waiting and also want to know by now who the sword-weilder to proverbially slay Lardass McLump will be.

I've long been saying that Bernie should stay in as long as possible, and then bow out the analogously to Tony Stark "Bowing-out" in Endgame... by immediately endorsing a candidate (most likely Warren) thus becoming a proverbial kingmaker with his drop.

EDIT: Though I'm not sure at this point my theory of Bernie endorsing Buttigege would happen, given how Pete's campaign has been recently treating him. Though I could see a Warren/Buttigege ticket being possible. In some ways, I'd want Pete to be VP, because given his age - that would/could mean a run for Pres post-Warren.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly I think we're going to see Tulsi, Steyer, and Yang stick around for a long while.
    Yup... two of them are money, so that always qualifies. The third is a FOX/GOP flunkey at this point, and will be backed by them to cause as much disruption as possible.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2019-12-03 at 08:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Sanders is still in better health than Biden.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Harris is better utilized in the Senate.
    She should have a future in the next admin however.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Sanders is still in better health than Biden.
    You have access to their medical records?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You have access to their medical records?

You wanna hedge your bet on this man?

The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    You wanna hedge your bet on this man?
    You want me to judge your health by one photo? I am not saying one way or another because I don't have that information but Bernie has had an heart attack he has not other factors are unknown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You want me to judge your health by one photo? I am not saying one way or another because I don't have that information but Bernie has had an heart attack he has not other factors are unknown.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Tpx5WMFio

His mind is clearly not there anymore and he rambles when he answers questions.

His response to domestic violence

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ep-punching-at