Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    Well it's happening, and people aren't winning lawsuits, so I'm not sure you have any idea what you're talking about.
    Would you mind providing an example of one of the lawsuits you're talking about? Preferably one that isn't involving a maker of cheats or bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Would you mind providing an example of one of the lawsuits you're talking about? Preferably one that isn't involving a maker of cheats or bots.
    Apparently the one I'm thinking of was actually over the Authenticator and security, not Warden.

Everything I've found was the rumblings of a lawsuit that didn't make it court. Which I think actually further proves my point; it isn't illegal, so much so, that you can't even get a lawyer willing to bring it to court. If it was, a lawyer would LOVE this level of class action lawsuit that spans 12 million people over 15 years.

I'm pretty sure there was a lawsuit that DID get to court about 10 years ago regarding Valve's Anti-Cheat (Which also scans running processes, still does to this day, and at some point in time even scanned your internet browser history looking for specific websites. Not sure if it still does that), but I can't find it quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    Well it's happening, and people aren't winning lawsuits, so I'm not sure you have any idea what you're talking about.
    EFF labeled warden as spyware tho. You basically trust blizzard to not collect your personal information. Blizzards defense points were hilarious, basically "everyone is doing that" and "people should read EULA" implying that EULA trumps privacy laws.

You can install a packet sniffer and see exactly what kind of information warden collects, then make a case about it stealing your personal info or poking somewhere it shouldn't poke.

The thing about lawsuits against warden - most of them were made by bot-makers, no shit judge sided with blizzard on this part. So unless some individual will record warden doing something fishy, then file a lawsuit against blizzard nothing will happen. But it's still illegal according to privacy laws (like, new EU privacy law) no mater how you put it.
    You agreeing with illegal contract (not sure that it's exact wording in ToS, but asking that warden can snoop around your PC and gather any information it wants makes) doesn't make contract legal. The thing about warden is that nobody will fight against blizzard on that, because there is no case of warden stealing personal info. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    at first i was wondering, why is he mad about remote control?

lmao, grow up - everyone can use this and it has nothing to do with blizzard or any games. its for personal use and if you refuse to use it (and i think you are mad because o f login queues or people using remote access to easen up the queue time) srsly get a life, if you chose to not benefit from technical improvements, thats YOU, but stop drawing attention for nothing but pointless statements,

*and btw* teamviewer used for your own computer is and never will be a cloud service . kappa.
    Last edited by froschhure; 2019-12-01 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    EFF labeled warden as spyware tho. You basically trust blizzard to not collect your personal information. Blizzards defense points were hilarious, basically "everyone is doing that" and "people should read EULA" implying that EULA trumps privacy laws.

You can install a packet sniffer and see exactly what kind of information warden collects, then make a case about it stealing your personal info or poking somewhere it shouldn't poke.

The thing about lawsuits against warden - most of them were made by bot-makers, no shit judge sided with blizzard on this part. So unless some individual will record warden doing something fishy, then file a lawsuit against blizzard nothing will happen. But it's still illegal according to privacy laws (like, new EU privacy law) no mater how you put it.
    You agreeing with illegal contract (not sure that it's exact wording in ToS, but asking that warden can snoop around your PC and gather any information it wants makes) doesn't make contract legal. The thing about warden is that nobody will fight against blizzard on that, because there is no case of warden stealing personal info. Yet.
    As it currently functions, I'm just not convinced it's actually illegal. Those privacy laws tend to focus on the *collection* of data, which includes some sort of verbage to entail it's being stored (Hard storage, not in memory). As it currently functions, to the best of our knowledge, is it scans and throws away that information once it's finished with it.

The larger point I was making, though, was that someone said Blizzard can't tell the difference between a normal login and someone logging in while connected to Remote Desktop. This just isn't true, because Blizz 100% can tell when Remote Desktop is running. So if they wanted to do something about it, they could. Right now Warden flags your account for a ban when it detects an illegal program; they could just as easily flag a login when Remote Desktop is detected, then reject that login. Not that they should, because I think Remoting in is fine, but they *could*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    I'll take the blue post over your word any day bud, sorry to actually tell you, they work there and you don't. You have 0 input and can link nothing proving anything. I linked a GM saying you can be banned for it....
    You linked a GM saying that doing something completely different than what you think you're talking about can get you banned.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I always log in with remote, hate ques. hehe.

Always logged in xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The law is the law it has nothing to do with denial, you're just trying to force something that isn't reality. The reality is, it isn't allowed to steal your information, that's the law.
    It's not stealing if you give your info by agreeing to eula. Just like you give your financial info when you apply for a loan.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    It's not stealing if you give your info by agreeing to eula. Just like you give your financial info when you apply for a loan.
    As I've already stated no contract can allow something illegal to transpire, and no contract can allow you to agree to something illegal, that in of itself is a crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the title states, anyone doing this is break TOS and should be banned.

If you are doing it, please speak up so I can report.

UPDATE BLIZZ REPLIED

Here is the reply FROM BLIZZARD

I delved into this one a bit more because I don’t want folks getting in trouble. Under our EULA the following section: >

Cloud Computing: Use the Platform, including a Game, in connection with any unauthorized third-party “cloud computing” services, “cloud gaming” services, or any software or service designed to enable the unauthorized streaming or transmission of Game content from a third-party server to any device.

With the remote access, you might be treading very closely to this, so it might be a bad idea and at this point I’d recommend against the activity.

I’m going to update my previous statement to avoid any trouble down the line if someone were only to see that quote.

Enjoy your bans, I'm outright reporting anyone in here who claims they used it.
    Someone is salty cause settign up remote desktop is wayyy above hes league lol. Played whole WoD sending garnison missions every day on RD so di half of my guild. guess what ?? Nothing happened.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    As I've already stated no contract can allow something illegal to transpire, and no contract can allow you to agree to something illegal, that in of itself is a crime.
    You keep repeating yourself, but you fail to understand - there is nothing illegal here. You have Microsoft spying on your every move with Windows, and checking whether you're running any pirated 3rd party software . You have Facebook storing loads of your personal data and making use of it. You have google processing your emails and search history to create a profile and sell it to advertisers. You have anti viruses scanning your whole computer and monitoring every single process running on it.

There is no law forbidding anyone to ask you to allow them to scan your software.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

15+ Year Old Account
    As the title states, anyone doing this is break TOS and should be banned.

If you are doing it, please speak up so I can report.

UPDATE BLIZZ REPLIED

I delved into this one a bit more because I don’t want folks getting in trouble. Under our EULA the following section: >

Cloud Computing: Use the Platform, including a Game, in connection with any unauthorized third-party “cloud computing” services, “cloud gaming” services, or any software or service designed to enable the unauthorized streaming or transmission of Game content from a third-party server to any device.

With the remote access, you might be treading very closely to this, so it might be a bad idea and at this point I’d recommend against the activity.

I’m going to update my previous statement to avoid any trouble down the line if someone were only to see that quote.

Sorry you are too poor to spend the electricity having your computer in hybernation and waking it up with a Team Viewer connect (ops, another bandwidth cost!)

Also report me as you state in your OP-post I'm sure my MMO-C handle will tell you and/or BLZ everything
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

yeah buddy, your totally going to stop me from RDPing to my home desktop from my desktop at work.
    Totally going to happen, Thanks for setting me straight.
    Last edited by bozoben; 2019-12-03 at 09:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

With the remote access, you might be treading very closely to this, so it might be a bad idea and at this point I’d recommend against the activity as it could result in a ban of your account.

Hint: you are having a connection to the login server and a spot in the queue.
    That's neither streaming or game content.
    Might have a valid argument if keeping an account from idling out but then again that can be done in character screen -> dissconnect -> reconnect instantly within the time limit.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

When you realize windows 10 professional has Remote Desktop included therefore not a third party software.

Edit: also my wow account is still not banned yet
    Last edited by Usernameforforums; 2019-12-03 at 09:34 PM.