Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Should go back to classic/TBC design without extreme mana issues. Shamans should deal less dps than other pure class but they would bring that windfury totem and elemental totem that will significantly make the group stronger.
    Enhance should be able to decide between DW and 2H.
    Elemental should have the choice between being a lightning bolt riffle and an elemental caster (frost/fire/nature).
    Chain lightning should be his signature spell. This should deal huge damage but with a 5-10sec cooldown. On top of making huge damage it should have an effect such as reducing enemy attack speed or movement speed or chance to hit or idk.

Imo the game can only get better if Blizzard accepts to ignore balancing and start working on class to make them cool rather than equal to others. And community should stop crying if their class that brings lots of utility deal less damage. Or simply ban DPS meter addons.
    Pure/hybrid duality is a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Pure/hybrid duality is a thing of the past.
    It's something we should bring back*

You know what I'd like to see? A Shaman tank spec, even if it means adding a 4th spec. IIRC it was an idea in the original vanilla alpha that they were supposed to be as good as Paladins, but obviously that didn't really happen. I would be nice if they were to revisit that idea.
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Imo the game can only get better if Blizzard accepts to ignore balancing and start working on class to make them cool rather than equal to others.
    If Blizzard ignores Balance, you will end up with Classic / Private server representation of classes / specs.

Or simply ban DPS meter addons.
    By that logic, banning the media which informs on an issue is the better solution than to address the issue itself.

I do not believe that needs any further explanation why this is a terrible idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Imo the game can only get better if Blizzard accepts to ignore balancing and start working on class to make them cool rather than equal to others. And community should stop crying if their class that brings lots of utility deal less damage. Or simply ban DPS meter addons.
    Keep in mind that balance doesn't need to mean that everyone does the same thing. Current balance is at the level of checkers because it is dirt cheap. Chess is also balanced despite having multiple pieces that do different things...heck, rock-paper-scissors is balanced and that is done with more depth than Blizz is bothering to do in WoW anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If Blizzard ignores Balance, you will end up with Classic / Private server representation of classes / specs.

By that logic, banning the media which informs on an issue is the better solution than to address the issue itself.

I do not believe that needs any further explanation why this is a terrible idea.
    Holy cow how did you get that lost lol. I said ban (meaning prohibit) dps addons. It will have no impact other than people not being able to know how much dps others are doing. This would have so many benefits. People will stop focusing on on dps and will focus on mechanics. If a group strugle with a mechanic, they will have people pick talents that are good for such scenario and these people won't care about the overall dps loss. Guilds won't just focus on inviting people with high dps. The raids won't be tuned by being a dps race. No more people crying over balancing...

Holy cow how did you get that lost lol. I said ban (meaning prohibit) dps addons.
    Because you are suggesting the exact same thing.
    All that these addons are doing is giving you information, nothing less, what people do with this information is up to them.

So yeah, you want to ban a source of information, that's the point.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least totems are returning.

I just hope they have a big impact on enhancement shaman and a vital part of their priority. Never much liked elemental so whatever :P

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    In the recent Ion 8.2 video he talked about the future of class design. In this thread I would like us to give our own, personal opinions, on where the class and specs should move in 9.0.

For me:

Shaman as a Class:
    Core fantasy:
    Totems. A whole lot of totems.
    Today we only use totems as a cooldown, but I would much prefer having totems that give buffs to players like Strength/Agi/Mana regen/WF totems.
    I think Grounding Totem, Tremor Totem and Poison Cleansing Totem should be baseline for the class, at least. Don’t put them as “PvP talents”…
    I would also like to see the return of very situational totems that rarely are useful.

Earth Shock, Frost Shock and Flame Shock.
    Possibly merge Wind Shear with Earth Shock again?

Signature spells:
    Heroism/Bloodlust.
    Purge.
    Too many classes has similar spells now. It used to be “our” things. I would like to go back to that.

Pruning:
    No more Stun/CC. To me, Shaman should never have gotten their Hex nor their stun totem. What made Shamans unique in Vanilla/TBC was no CC at all. This meant we had other, more fun, strengths.

Enhancement:
    Core fantasy:
    Strong burst windows.

Signature spells:
    Back to a focus on Windfury.
    Back to being a 2H spec.
    Strong hitting Stormstrike.

Pruning:
    Possibly removing Maelstorm.
    No more procs reseting the cooldown of Stormstrike. It is supposed to be this strong hitting spell that takes a while to get.

Elemental:
    Core fantasy:
    Strong burst windows.

Signature spells:
    Lava Burst
    Chain Lightning

Pruning:
    Removing Maelstorm. Back to using Mana. The Maelstorm gathering abilities into these unsatisfying Earthquake/Earthshock is not fun.
    No more procs reseting the cooldown of Lava Burst. It is supposed to be this strong hitting spell that takes a while to get.

Restoration:
    Core fantasy:
    Strong hard casted raid AoE healing.

Signature spells:
    Chain Heal
    Earth Shield - Should certainly not be a lvl 30 talent - It has been core to the spec since TBC..

Pruning:
    Instant heals
    Healing rain
    That sounds horrible. So no resource what so ever, focus on auto attacks and clunky totems no one liked and then that one button you push every 10 sec or so.
    Yeah, no thanks.
    And mana? Nah, that was quite litteraly never fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    You know what I'd like to see? A Shaman tank spec, even if it means adding a 4th spec. IIRC it was an idea in the original vanilla alpha that they were supposed to be as good as Paladins, but obviously that didn't really happen. I would be nice if they were to revisit that idea.
    not going to happen. nobody is getting 4th specs anytime soon (hell, dh couldnt get 3).

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Pruning:
    No more Stun/CC. To me, Shaman should never have gotten their Hex nor their stun totem. What made Shamans unique in Vanilla/TBC was no CC at all. This meant we had other, more fun, strengths.
    This exactly. Shamans were the anti-CC. Short CD, ranged interrupt. Fear dispell, Disease/poison dispell, Spell immune on short CC (Grounding), Purge.

I'm not really sure if they would be able to remove them now considering this expansion is supposed to be "The Great Unpruning"... hmmm

Here I go again. I'm biased towards Elemental because that's my main, just FYI. Will try to be fair regardless:

General
    - Spirit Wolf, Ascendance, and Wind Rush Totem baseline for all specs.

Elemental
    - Earthen Rage baseline.
    - Lava Burst has 2 charges by default.
    - Elemental Blast baseline. Now increases all 3 secondary stats, but by a lesser amount than it does now with a randomly-chosen stat.
    - Storm Elemental baseline. Does not replace Fire Elemental. Redesigned to hurl lightning bolts that explode into chain lightning upon hitting the initial target.
    - Liquid Magma Totem baseline.
    - Icefury baseline.
    - Stormkeeper baseline.
    - Volcanic Inferno (Legion artifact trait) baseline.
    - Igneous Potential and Synapse Shock (Azerite traits) baseline.

Enhancement
    - Feral Lunge baseline.
    - Crashing Storm baseline.
    - Sundering baseline.
    - Hailstorm baked into Frostbrand. Frostbrand itself becomes free to cast, like Flametongue.
    - Ride the Lightning (PvP talent) baseline.
    - Doom Vortex, Unleash Doom, and Wind Strikes (Legion artifact traits) become baseline.
    - Natural Harmony and Roiling Storm (Azerite traits) baseline.

Restoration
    - Unleash Life baseline.
    - Echo of the Elements renamed to Echo of the Tides. Function remains the same.
    - Deluge baseline.
    - Cloudburst Totem baseline. Does not replace Healing Stream Totem.
    - Wellspring baseline. Can now damage enemies in its path.
    - Earthen Wall Totem and Ancestral Protection Totem baseline.
    - Gift of the Queen (Legion artifact ability) renamed Grace of the Sea. Function remains the same.
    - Tidal Pools (Legion artifact trait) baseline.
    - Overflowing Shores and Turn the Tide (Azerite traits) baseline.

You may notice a theme here. In a future xpac concept, I envision that the talent system is overhauled/removed, and that players would get access to all of their talents, traits, and various powers. Sure we'd be overpowered, but that's the whole point. After all this time, shouldn't we be? (rhetorical question)

so you basically want shamans to have like 12 active spells to use and on top of that get talents.

Don't mean to be a downer but that's not gonna happen. Ever.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    so you basically want shamans to have like 12 active spells to use and on top of that get talents.

Don't mean to be a downer but that's not gonna happen. Ever.
    Think of all the keybinds you would need! It would drive me crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    Think of all the keybinds you would need! It would drive me crazy
    Okay, fair enough. Are you sure the Shadowlands unpruning won't also do that?

Give Enhance 20 yard range on their auto-attacks and stormstrike. Now they are a pseudo ranged spec that can weave in and out of melee range to use their abilities. They would still have to go into melee for cleave (crashing lightning + sundering). Everything else in their kit already has at least 20 yard range, so this wouldn't be a huge change and it should give them back a raid spot since they don't take up valuable melee spots anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Elemental:
    - Remove Lightning Bolt, use Chain Lightning as filler
    - Chain Lightning channel instead of cast time
    - Lava Burst cleaves with some % to all targets afflicted by Flame Shock
    - Remove Flame Shock cooldown
    - Remove Lava Surge proc

Enhancement:
    - Stormstrike nature damage
    - Remove Stormstrike cooldown
    - Lava Lash 20yd range
    - Fix Maelstorm generation to matter
    - Remove Lightning Bolt and Flametongue

Restoration:
    - Healing Rain instant cast OR no cooldown with low mana cost
    - Chain Heal link range increased by some yards
    - If Chain Heal is cast on an enemy target, it becomes a damaging spell like Chain Lightning
    - Replace Lightning Bolt with Water Bolt for single target damage
    - Remove Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Chain Lightning

PS. Searing Totem needs to stay dead, forever
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Elemental:
    - Remove Lightning Bolt, use Chain Lightning as filler
    - Chain Lightning channel instead of cast time
    - Lava Burst cleaves with some % to all targets afflicted by Flame Shock
    - Remove Flame Shock cooldown
    - Remove Lava Surge proc

Enhancement:
    - Stormstrike nature damage
    - Remove Stormstrike cooldown
    - Lava Lash 20yd range
    - Fix Maelstorm generation to matter
    - Remove Lightning Bolt and Flametongue

Restoration:
    - Healing Rain instant cast OR no cooldown with low mana cost
    - Chain Heal link range increased by some yards
    - If Chain Heal is cast on an enemy target, it becomes a damaging spell like Chain Lightning
    - Replace Lightning Bolt with Water Bolt for single target damage
    - Remove Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Chain Lightning

PS. Searing Totem needs to stay dead, forever
    Making the filler be a channel spell would cause our mastery to be even more useless. I guess they could make it just deal damage twice, but it does lose the visual satisfaction of seeing the machine gun feeling. Making Lava Burst our AoE spell and requiring Flame Shock would make us need to use a lot of GCDs before we can AoE; not a very satisfying idea.

As for Enhancement, Stormstrike doing nature damage is something a lot of people have been asking for. I feel they should move some of the enhancement feeling back to totems and enhance your team, but the shaman gets increased bonuses.

I have no real opinion on resto as I don't heal enough to have a good idea what needs to be changed, but why remove the damaging abilities? Just because you change the name from Lightning Bolt to Water Bolt could just be a glyph. We're master of all elements, not forced into a single element depending on the spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahrees View Post
    Making the filler be a channel spell would cause our mastery to be even more useless. I guess they could make it just deal damage twice, but it does lose the visual satisfaction of seeing the machine gun feeling. Making Lava Burst our AoE spell and requiring Flame Shock would make us need to use a lot of GCDs before we can AoE; not a very satisfying idea.
    No, my point wasn't to make Lava Burst THE aoe spell, but give it actual value in cleave and aoe situations. So you should press that button on cooldown while cleaving and aoeing instead of just CL+EQ spam.

I have no real opinion on resto as I don't heal enough to have a good idea what needs to be changed, but why remove the damaging abilities? Just because you change the name from Lightning Bolt to Water Bolt could just be a glyph. We're master of all elements, not forced into a single element depending on the spec.
    The reason is that resto shaman already has too many abilities to bind (by far the most out of all healers; holy priest coming somewhat close second), so shortening the list from those cluttered dps spells is where some pruning should be done. It's actually hard to find good keybinds for all resto shaman abilities because there are a couple too many.

The spec identity should be emphasized, just like it is for eg. mages.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    No, my point wasn't to make Lava Burst THE aoe spell, but give it actual value in cleave and aoe situations. So you should press that button on cooldown while cleaving and aoeing instead of just CL+EQ spam.

The reason is that resto shaman already has too many abilities to bind (by far the most out of all healers; holy priest coming somewhat close second), so shortening the list from those cluttered dps spells is where some pruning should be done. It's actually hard to find good keybinds for all resto shaman abilities because there are a couple too many.

The spec identity should be emphasized, just like it is for eg. mages.
    Whenever you mentioned to make Chain Lightning a channel spell, I am thinking that you would want it like Mind Flay or Drain Soul. Then that removes the Chain Lightning + Earthquake rotation. Lava Burst is already part of your AoE if you use Master of Elements to buff Earthquake.

Blizzard has already mentioned that they are moving away from spec identity back to class identity; therefore, there is no reason for them to replace resto shaman damage rotation. I feel if we were to remove the entire damage rotation down to a single button, you would lose too much. The rare times I play resto shaman, I enjoy having Flame Shock up and casting the instant Lava Bursts between heals. I feel as if it would be punishing players that play resto in the open world on top of all of that.