Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danwo View Post
    No hunter is good on Multiple targets where adds are not stacked up.
    As someone who plays mostly Hunter....

Doesn't this applies to most classes? (obviously there are a couple of exeptions)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    Na, it's amazing.
    My main problem with Hunter's Mark, is that it would feel out of place as a Survival Hunter, also... if they do add it, hopefully they also add back that certain abilities auto-apply Hunter's mark (like when they added it to Arcane Shoot and others in MOP)

And if they don't, make the duration of Hunter's Mark long enough to only be needed to apply at the start of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    A personal idea for a fun kill shot gameplay change

Kill shot (die! die! die! Mechanic)

- Kill shot
    - Active under 20% target health
    - CD 20 sec
    - Effect: hit the target for X dmg, and grant the caster "Hunting Frenzy/killing spree(invent a name here)" buff.
    - Buff: every other hunter focus spending dmg ability cost 5 focus less and reduce the CD of killshot by 0,5 sec, Stack until original kill shot target die or KS is shot to a new target (max Stack 20).

Let's see how work
    Raid/dungeon Boss: Under 20% boss you cast KS, gain focus cost reduction of 5, so you cast more signature ability and less focus fill,
    When you cast a second KS, buff goes 2 stack, so now, all focus spending ability cost 10 focus less, and CD of killshot is reduced by 1 sec for every cast
    So, more a boss live, more you will cast KS and signature ability
    At 20 stack (almost not realistic to reach) you will have all shot free and no CD KS!

PVP: is difficult to have the full potential of the stack, but that will be the tricky part (balanced part),
    enemy know that you start making stack by focusing the same target with KS, so they will protect that target from going below 20% health,
    a good strategy can be play with a burster and bring the enemy more time under 20% or just use 1-2 stack focus reduction cost to hit the other target and wait to target swap KS
    Just to weigh in, there are 2 big problems.
    1). Usually end raid bosses stay below 20% for a long time. This means on certain rights you would have endless execute after a bit.
    2). Referring to 1, this would make Hunters want to just sit on 1 target while never swapping due to the hit to our damage (before counter arguments happen there alphabet already been numerous instances of this happening whenever a class/spec has some kind of execute or stacking buff after a certain %).
    Other than that, I like the attempt. Definitely has some merit to it and hopefully Blizzard has people that think of similar things instead of just “here’s your old ability.”
    Side note: has anyone seen anything about SV getting an execute or is it just going to go unnoticed and have even more reason to stay away from it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    As someone who plays mostly Hunter....

Doesn't this applies to most classes? (obviously there are a couple of exeptions)

- - - Updated - - -

My main problem with Hunter's Mark, is that it would feel out of place as a Survival Hunter, also... if they do add it, hopefully they also add back that certain abilities auto-apply Hunter's mark (like when they added it to Arcane Shoot and others in MOP)

And if they don't, make the duration of Hunter's Mark long enough to only be needed to apply at the start of the fight.
    Wasn’t Hunters Mark changed to be permanent in Cata?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Wasn’t Hunters Mark changed to be permanent in Cata?
    No, it just used to cost mana, they just made it free to cast.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Hunter%27s_Mark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Perfect! :P
    *Insulted Gasp*

But but.... My melee hunters transmogs!

Note: To be fair, at this point with Hunter, they should just add a 4th spec, as whatever decision they take with Survival (keeping it as it is and fixing some stuff, or pushing it back to being a range spec) will let people down, so the best middle ground is giving both.

But it does bring some extra problems, like... the whole fact that you will have to balance a whole new extra specs with whatever change is done in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Just to weigh in, there are 2 big problems.
    1). Usually end raid bosses stay below 20% for a long time. This means on certain rights you would have endless execute after a bit.
    2). Referring to 1, this would make Hunters want to just sit on 1 target while never swapping due to the hit to our damage (before counter arguments happen there alphabet already been numerous instances of this happening whenever a class/spec has some kind of execute or stacking buff after a certain %).
    Other than that, I like the attempt. Definitely has some merit to it and hopefully Blizzard has people that think of similar things instead of just “here’s your old ability.”
    Thx! btw the 2nd problem is not like that, when high stack (unlimited even) you can swap target as is even more usefull! just don't KS the new target but use all other signature for freecost, and before stack of KS buff end (or just if secondary target died) just swap back to KS boss to reaply KS buff

For lore input i think it like a "die!!! MF die!!!! where hunter become raged vs a specific target while maintain an high freedom for targetswap (hunter main strengt)

*Insulted Gasp*

Note: To be fair, at this point with Hunter, they should just add a 4th spec, as whatever decision they take with Survival (keeping it as it is and fixing some stuff, or pushing it back to being a range spec) will let people down, so the best middle ground is giving both.

But it does bring some extra problems, like... the whole fact that you will have to balance a whole new extra specs with whatever change is done in the future
    I’d love to see a 4th spec for a lot of classes. I’d guess hunter would be more of a mobile dot spec counter to MM turret.

As far as a “KillShot” for melee survival it’ll probably just get a different name . Lethal strike or something

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    I’d guess hunter would be more of a mobile dot spec counter to MM turret.
    So what you're saying is that hunter currently lack mobility?

Kill shot is good. but hunter need some kind of spread cleave or dots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Noone feels bad when they give you more mobility options :P

LET ME RIDE MY DAMN PET ALREADY!

I really hope they'll revert the pissy GCD back to what it was before...
    Having lots of tools back will feel less fulfilling if we still have to deal with one of the biggest shitty decisions of BfA's class design...

Can we have parry back too? or double our dodge chance to make up for it. Retail hunter just feels like it melts whenever melee looks at me compared to classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I really hope they'll revert the pissy GCD back to what it was before...
    Having lots of tools back will feel less fulfilling if we still have to deal with one of the biggest shitty decisions of BfA's class design...
    This. It feels absolutely terrible playing the game currently with self buffs ect being on a gcd

*Insulted Gasp*

Agreed.

This has been my main point since the beginning really. Anything, any change, that isn't a 4th spec option for the class in terms of making playstyle changes, will upset people as no matter what spec we're talking about, there are players invested in said playstyle.

Now, the part about additional problems with implementation or with balancing etc. is ofc true. But that's the case with everything that gets put into the game. No matter the class. No matter the system.

And, in context, 1 more spec to balance in a pool of...36(37) specs? isn't going to make such a big difference. No matter really what the future brings apart from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    He is saying that the hunter spec which focuses on the ranged weapon itself and is available to us, is a spec which is focused on abilities that have movement restrictions combined with cast time/channeling time.

No matter your previous arguments about difficulty levels. Some people just don't like being casters. And that, is what current MM feels like. A caster…
    Ultimately, if I wanted to play a caster, I would pick one of those that are available. Difficulty of execution has nothing to do with it. Even if that's what you keep arguing.

He's also saying that a good alternative to the "turret"-style of current MM, would be to have another Hunter spec which does not focus on those high instant dmg numbers or burst potential but on consistency(which is more along the lines of DoT-based specs) and on the mechanics behind the DoTs themselves and how you go about making choices mid combat, based on the fact that your abilities deal their full damage over time, not instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Kill shot is good. but hunter need some kind of spread cleave or dots.
    Kill Shot is okay. I'm solely focused on PvE though so I wouldn't really call it an incredible addition to our toolkit. But for others, it has the potential to be that.

As for a playstyle focused on DoTs and with that, the potential for sustained cleave/multi-dotting, sign me up! RSV is the perfect base for such a playstyle.