Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Seems like you have no problems with lying about being happy with Classic, if you were then you wouldn't need plus.
    I'm not lying at all, sounds like you're unable to appreciate that some people have opinions different to yourself. I'm happy with Classic, I'd be happy with Classic plus, but I'd prefer TBC, in all honesty, as I don't really trust the current staff at Blizzard to make content up to my expectations.

Imho, a classic + experience would work but only in one very specific circumstance.

They add content that was mainly or almost finished.

Examples:

Classic + additions:

Post Phase 6:
    - Azshara Crater (Part 1)
    - Hyjal Zone (Part 2)
    - Emerald Dream Raid (Part 3 finale)

TBC follows

TBC additions:

Launch: Warrior for Blood Elves (TBC Beta they were in at launch), Possibly Hunter for humans early as a balance.

Post Content:

New dungeons: The portals beyond: Zangarmarsh/Nagrand/Blades Edge

New Raid: Upside down Kharazan.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I'm not lying at all, sounds like you're unable to appreciate that some people have opinions different to yourself. I'm happy with Classic, I'd be happy with Classic plus, but I'd prefer TBC, in all honesty, as I don't really trust the current staff at Blizzard to make content up to my expectations.
    You can rest easy because if there was even the slightest, most infinitesimal possibility of Classic+ content, it would have been announced at BlizzCon. Even TBC seemed to be off the table as I'm sure Blizzard is gauging the long term stability (6+ months) of Classic before announcing it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    Then what is Classic+? I think few people would share the same opinion on that.
    Classic + is new content (dungeons, quests, zones) added to the game without changing the philosophy/systems of the game.

Without changing a single thing (other than adding new content) after Naxx you get new dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roelath View Post
    Who is the target audience? The people you think the target audience is? Sounds like a circlejerk group of #NoChanges to score karma points on a reddit post.
    The people who actually wanted classic....not the people who wanted retail without the things this dislike?

You know...not the people who were demanding tons of changes to classic like 10 seconds after it was announced.

Classic+

"Please, people we constantly accuse of having ruined WoW, please make new content to tack onto the Classic version of the game."

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicIsTerrible View Post
    Just admit Classic is terrible and not as good as you remembered.
    this /10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You can rest easy because if there was even the slightest, most infinitesimal possibility of Classic+ content, it would have been announced at BlizzCon. Even TBC seemed to be off the table as I'm sure Blizzard is gauging the long term stability (6+ months) of Classic before announcing it.
    I agree, I can't see them doing Classic+. I think TBC is the best option all round, tbh, and it will be interesting to see if it gets announced in the next year or so when we start to creep towards Naxx.

No, I didn't? You made an incorrect observation about RuneScape and I responded by pointing out that WoW and RS have very different audience demographics so saying it worked for one doesn't mean it will work for the other. To put it another way, some people might find a ridiculous spoiler a cool thing to put on their car but that doesn't mean that everybody who drives a car wants a spoiler simply because all cars have four wheels. Your initial response to my argument was, "your argument is weaker" with absolutely zero support for this claim. Cool, cue my sarcastic response where I ask you do exactly this. But instead you take the lazy route and respond like this. This does not qualify as a rebuttal and this response makes your claims even less convincing. I'm all for arguing on the internet but it's a lot more fun when you at least try.
    How is my observation about Runescape incorrect? "Classic" Runescape worked out perfectly and even overshadowed "retail" Runesecape by a large margin. Therefore I deducted that such a model may work for WoW Classic as well, if done well. That is my argument and I fail to see how it is incorrect regarding Runescape.

Your counter argument is "WoW and Runescape dont have the same demographics therefore Classic+ WoW will definitely not work out". Okay? How are you so sure? Where is your support to this claim? And even then, if that is proven, how does the difference in demographics invalidate any possibility of a Classic+ WoW being good and successful?

The difference here is that I said there is a precedent and from there I said there is a reasonable chance Classic + was a road that can be good. You on the other hand made an unproven point that even if proven right, cannot prove your counter-argument, and then called my argument weak when in fact your argument is even weaker. Talk about hypocrisy here.

Let me tell you something about WoW Classic demographics. Most of us signed in because Retail mistakes like Flying, LFR, LFG, the fucking Cataclysm, and the overall gamblification of the retail game are not a part of this game. But even then, after 2-3 years the classic content they can provide via phases will be over. From there, you have 4 options.

1. Cut all content and preserve WoW classic like a museum piece, bound to die as people lose interest in a game that will have no content coming.
    2. Start re-starting the servers from scratch, also inevitably killing off Classic WoW.
    3. Release TBC and go forwards with the ordinary expansion route, splitting the Classic playerbase in two. Even Blizzard recognized that a large portion of players did not sign for TBC, but for Classic.
    4. Create more content for classic in the spirit of classic. Nobody here can deny that TBC was released kind of hastily and too soon after Naxxramas came out. Nobody here can deny that Classic had lot more unfinished content and life in it. (Karazhan, southern seas, dragon isles)

Out of all 4 im for number 4. I saw that you are not in favor of letting players choose by voting what content they want. That is something I too think a Classic+ cannot borrow from Runescape, but I do think that new content that is not the same old TBC we all know is crucial for the healthy continuation of Classic.

You may disagree with me and then Id agree to disagree with you, but don't give me bullshit excuses why my preferred option will not work and call it fact, because it is most certainly not, unless you can see the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Na it woudntt have been announced at Blizzcon for two reasons. One, they wouldn't do that because it would take some of the spotlight from Shadowlands, and two, Blizzard themselves are careful with classic and are still probing for peoples' opinions on what they want. They have a long time to decide, after all they have a boatload of content phased out ready to come before they are empty and start losing numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuugumo View Post
    How is my observation about Runescape incorrect? "Classic" Runescape worked out perfectly and even overshadowed "retail" Runesecape by a large margin. Therefore I deducted that such a model may work for WoW Classic as well, if done well. That is my argument and I fail to see how it is incorrect regarding Runescape.

Your counter argument is "WoW and Runescape dont have the same demographics therefore Classic+ WoW will definitely not work out". Okay? How are you so sure? Where is your support to this claim? And even then, if that is proven, how does the difference in demographics invalidate any possibility of a Classic+ WoW being good and successful?

The difference here is that I said there is a precedent and from there I said there is a reasonable chance Classic + was a road that can be good. You on the other hand made an unproven point that even if proven right, cannot prove your counter-argument, and then called my argument weak when in fact your argument is even weaker. Talk about hypocrisy here.

Let me tell you something about WoW Classic demographics. Most of us signed in because Retail mistakes like Flying, LFR, LFG, the fucking Cataclysm, and the overall gamblification of the retail game are not a part of this game. But even then, after 2-3 years the classic content they can provide via phases will be over. From there, you have 4 options.

1. Cut all content and preserve WoW classic like a museum piece, bound to die as people lose interest in a game that will have no content coming.
    2. Start re-starting the servers from scratch, also inevitably killing off Classic WoW.
    3. Release TBC and go forwards with the ordinary expansion route, splitting the Classic playerbase in two. Even Blizzard recognized that a large portion of players did not sign for TBC, but for Classic.
    4. Create more content for classic in the spirit of classic. Nobody here can deny that TBC was released kind of hastily and too soon after Naxxramas came out. Nobody here can deny that Classic had lot more unfinished content and life in it. (Karazhan, southern seas, dragon isles)

Out of all 4 im for number 4. I saw that you are not in favor of letting players choose by voting what content they want. That is something I too think a Classic+ cannot borrow from Runescape, but I do think that new content that is not the same old TBC we all know is crucial for the healthy continuation of Classic.

You may disagree with me and then Id agree to disagree with you, but don't give me bullshit excuses why my preferred option will not work and call it fact, because it is most certainly not, unless you can see the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Na it woudntt have been announced at Blizzcon for two reasons. One, they wouldn't do that because it would take some of the spotlight from Shadowlands, and two, Blizzard themselves are careful with classic and are still probing for peoples' opinions on what they want. They have a long time to decide, after all they have a boatload of content phased out ready to come before they are empty and start losing numbers.
    Blizzard has been quite clear about which path they were going to chose and that was #1 in your list. You and others might not like that choice, but thats what they've said, could they change their mind? Sure, but banking on them doing so is probably going to see folks ending up heartbroken.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almarsguides View Post
    Blizzard should do what daybreak did for everquest and let us play through each expansion, timed releases
    Actually how I and a few friends thought they’d do and then they didn’t.

Runescape and WoW's demographics are different because they're different games. In fact, the entire reason OSRS became popular in the first place is the fact that people felt like "retail RS" was trying to borrow too much from games like WoW. RS has always been a grind-oriented MMO. This isn't even taking into account the fact that WoW's playerbase is a magnitude of 10 to 20 times larger than RS'. As I've said: The comparison is apples to oranges.

But let's go ahead and put that aside for now and talk about one of the even more important reasons Classic+ can't happen. Go ahead and read through this thread. Take a look at all the people making suggestions for Classic+. Almost no two people share the same opinion on what Classic+ should entail. If Classic+ were to happen these forums would end up just like the retail forums with people locking themselves into camps either defending or criticizing every single decision Blizzard makes. It's bad enough that this shit already happens with retail, why on Earth would Blizzard want to open themselves up to criticism of this nature on two fronts? And that's before you take into consideration how such an endeavor would surely take away from development resources. It's a negative from every angle.

Nice conspiracy theory. The reason Classic was barely mentioned at BlizzCon isn't because it's not important...it's because it's so important they're keeping it on the DL til they know for sure.

Uh huh. Sure. ::gentle head pat::
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-12-06 at 04:04 AM.

honestly its opening a can of worms but if they do what runescape did, like a community voting system then im down for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mh4cker View Post
    The thing is i believe classic+ would literally destroy classic.

Majority wants QoL changes like taunt on paladin.

Classic feels like broken beta game, taunt is literally kinda missing from paladins.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, retails is now max level 60? no flying? Talent trees? 40-man raid?

Didn't realize, sorry.
    Its sad that this has to be explained to you, but 12 people whining on the forums =/= majority.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Runescape and WoW's demographics are different because they're different games. In fact, the entire reason OSRS became popular in the first place is the fact that people felt like "retail RS" was trying to borrow too much from games like WoW. RS has always been a grind-oriented MMO. This isn't even taking into account the fact that WoW's playerbase is a magnitude of 10 to 20 times larger than RS'. As I've said: The comparison is apples to oranges.

But let's go ahead and put that aside for now and talk about one of the even more important reasons Classic+ can't happen. Go ahead and read through this thread. Take a look at all the people making suggestions for Classic+. Almost no two people share the same opinion on what Classic+ should entail. If Classic+ were to happen these forums would end up just like the retail forums with people locking themselves into camps either defending or criticizing every single decision Blizzard makes. It's bad enough that this shit already happens with retail, why on Earth would Blizzard want to open themselves up to criticism of this nature on two fronts? And that's before you take into consideration how such an endeavor would surely take away from development resources. It's a negative from every angle.

Nice conspiracy theory. The reason Classic was barely mentioned at BlizzCon isn't because it's not important...it's because it's so important they're keeping it on the DL til they know for sure.

Uh huh. Sure. ::gentle head pat::
    People whine whatever happens and you know what? They continue paying and playing. Stopping all development because people may whine a bit on forums is counterproductive. We should stop producing any game content as a society because people whine? Yea I don't think so. Classic is a figured out content. Once its stops it will die out, from there you can either leave it to die or take a chance at developing more content to continue it's lifespan. Oh, by the way, Forums are MADE to quarantine whining, just take a look around this one, i'm scared to go to the blizzard ones but its probably worse.

Also mentioning that Classic is not important while it doubled sub numbers and is rivaling retail in active players is laughable. Go check yourself.
    Last edited by Yuugumo; 2019-12-06 at 10:34 AM.

Logics of idiots:

"Just admit Classic is terrible and not as good as you remembered."

Dude, we want Classic+ because WE WANT MORE OF IT. When Phase 6 is done and Naxx is puggable, WE WANT MORE. That's how good classic is. Ofc people will add some changes they personally want. Most of it was asked for during all of vanilla (lowering the hybrid tax, making them more viable for PvE. Taunt for Paladins etc). But what Classic+ means is just more content, not changes.
    Last edited by Askyl; 2019-12-06 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also mentioning that Classic is not important while it doubled sub numbers and is rivaling retail in active players is laughable. Go check yourself.
    You've got something official from Blizzard to back this, yes?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Logics of idiots:

"Just admit Classic is terrible and not as good as you remembered."

Dude, we want Classic+ because WE WANT MORE OF IT. When Phase 6 is done and Naxx is puggable, WE WANT MORE. That's how good classic is. Ofc people will add some changes they personally want. Most of it was asked for during all of vanilla (lowering the hybrid tax, making them more viable for PvE. Taunt for Paladins etc). But what Classic+ means is just more content, not changes.
    You want more.

From developers you blame for ruining retail WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You want more.

From developers you blame for ruining retail WoW.
    You know, you have a point, but I do think that Retail has had changes that are irreversible at this stage. You cant take off Flying for example.
    Its better to try and fail with classic than to leave it to die.

You know, you have a point, but I do think that Retail has had changes that are irreversible at this stage. You cant take off Flying for example.
    Its better to try and fail with classic than to leave it to die.
    Blizzard introduces the following:

1.) New seasonal Classic realms that start over at Phase 1.
    2.) New TBC servers that you can freely copy over your level 60 character from
    3.) The option to keep your level 60 on the current realm until the end of time.
    4.) [Optional] Repeat the same idea for WotLK in 2 years.

Everybody wins. Classic doesn't die and remains the museum piece it was intended to be. Nobody gets butthurt about "their" version of Classic+ being ignored. No development time is lost since they already have the framework for TBC/WotLK in place.