Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Asterisk is a legally recognized way of conveying legal information to customers. The promotion was just started today. At this point every customer knows their money is going to the charity in the way Blizzard has stated. It remains to be seen what blizzard will do when that cap is met. They will likely update the store pages just as they do for the past charity items.

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...aft-pet-shadow

You have gone from "I find it strange" to it is morally and professionally wrong. You are using what ever sentiment you can to call it wrong or terrible for them to do. Heck you even implied I am bad morally for not agreeing with you.
    Then are you "against" Blizzard using a "counter" like the #TeamTrees did? For it to be "consumer friendly" and as transparent as possible?
    Are you are more worried about "transparency" and friendlyness to the consumer OR Blizzard's pockets?

You keep calling me a hater, but this is just my opinion.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-12-04 at 12:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Then are you "against" Blizzard using a "counter" like the #TeamTrees did? For it to be "consumer friendly" and as transparent as possible?
    Why would I be against it? There is nothing wrong with what Blizzard is doing. There is nothing wrong with having a counter. To even think that a person would be against that is silly. Why is it a you agree with me or you are against everything I say mentality?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

the sub price in 2019 dollars would be 20 bucks, they've kept it the same and use optional revenue streams to make up the difference. people complaining about micro transactions always fail do remember that the people who buy those are subsidizing their gameplay. If you don't want to pay the extra, don't.

Why would I be against it? There is nothing wrong with what Blizzard is doing. There is nothing wrong with having a counter. To even think that a person would be against that is silly. Why is it a you agree with me or you are against everything I say mentality?
    You seem like a nice individual and smart, im just trying to convey to you that the "cap" was pointless...and cringe worthy...and creates...somekind of "aura" to the entire charity.
    A not so good "aura". A dark one.

It was pointless and ruins the entire thing.

In my brain, it ruins the spirit of the whole thing. For you, it doesnt.
    You are trying to convey to people im a "hater" for thinking it ruins "the spirit" of it all...but i think its just a normal opinion to have.

15+ Year Old Account
    You seem like a nice individual and smart, im just trying to convey to you that the "cap" was pointless...and cringe worthy...and creates...somekind of "aura" to the entire charity. A not so good "aura". A dark one. It was pointless and ruins the entire thing. In my brain, it ruins the spirit of the whole thing. For you, it doesnt. You are trying to convey to people im a "hater" for thinking it ruins "the spirit" of it all...but i think its just a normal opinion to have.
    You are hating on a company donating 3 million dollars because of an "aura". You claim that donating money is ruined because they put a limit on what they donate. You say it is pointless to donate 3 million dollars because they are not donating more then that. That is hate. 3 million dollars being donated is never pointless.

I am not conveying that you are a hater your own arguments are doing that job. I am pretty sure you would be over the moon if someone decided to give you 3 million dollars. You wouldn't whine about how they shouldn't have capped the amount they gave you. Or maybe you would. But don't try to claim a moral argument or "normal". That is greed. The same greed you are implying Blizzard has. Funny that. Blizzard is bad and ruined charitable donations by being greedy but you are basing them being bad because you are being greedy about the amount they give.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It boils down to them being able to and it being profitable.

Blizzard knows at this point how much they make from shop stuff and services. Considering how much they add, I'm guessing it's one of the most profitable areas to develop content for.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    It boils down to them being able to and it being profitable.

Blizzard knows at this point how much they make from shop stuff and services. Considering how much they add, I'm guessing it's one of the most profitable areas to develop content for.
    How much they add? This is a joke right, please tell us you don't actually believe that they add a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mounts have been in the shop since Wrath.

I am not conveying that you are a hater your own arguments are doing that job.

You are calling me "unreasonable" for wanting every single person on planet earth who donates to this charity to make sure his/her money is going to the actual charity and not for Blizzard.

Ok then

In my eyes is "unreasonable" on Dec 30 a person feeling doubt and uncertainty if his/her money is going to the kids or for Blizzard.

Im just a hater...
    There is no use rholrle...our realities are different and our brains think in different ways...

This doubt and uncertainty is unnecessary...and has the potential to actually hurt the charity.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-12-04 at 02:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are calling me "unreasonable" for wanting every single person on planet earth who donates to this charity to make sure his/her money is going to the actual charity and not for Blizzard.
    No. I am calling you unreasonable for you saying it has an "aura" "morally bad" "unprofessional" and all of the other wide ranging descriptors you've used to disparage Blizzard. If a person, like yourself, is that dedicated to making sure the money gets to a charity then they should donate directly to the charities. You are not donating to a charity by buying the pet. You are buying a pet from Blizzard which then donates money to the charity.

Blizzard also changes the listings on the store page to reflect when the money is no longer going to the Charity. There is no reason to think that they won't do the same this time. It is actually unreasonable to claim they will do the opposite of what they usually do just because they put a cap in place. You are right the doubt and uncertainty is unnecessary. So why do you keep trying to create it? You've gone from "I don't like it" to "It is morally bad" to "I am just looking out for everyone who donates". You keep changing your reasons. Including you saying you are a wannabe artist that got triggered. You are being unreasonable in your objections and give different reasons depending on what people respond to you with.

The charities will not be hurt by your "aura" that you see around Blizzard.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-12-04 at 03:04 AM.

No. I am calling you unreasonable for you saying it has an "aura" "morally bad" "unprofessional" and all of the other wide ranging descriptors you've used to disparage Blizzard. If a person, like yourself, is that dedicated to making sure the money gets to a charity then they should donate directly to the charities. You are not donating to a charity by buying the pet. You are buying a pet from Blizzard which then donates money to the charity.

Blizzard also changes the listings on the store page to reflect when the money is no longer going to the Charity. There is no reason to think that they won't do the same this time. It is actually unreasonable to claim they will do the opposite of what they usually do just because they put a cap in place. You are right the doubt and uncertainty is unnecessary. So why do you keep trying to create it? You've gone from "I don't like it" to "It is morally bad" to "I am just looking out for everyone who donates". You keep changing your reasons.

The charities will not be hurt by your "aura" that you see around Blizzard.
    Im the one creating doubt and uncertainty on this charity? ME? Why would you ven say that?

Correct me if wrong, but Blizzard never said when a "limit" in donations have been reached.
    The toy that funded Esports. Didnt Happen, they said nothing.
    The Shadow toy had no cap. Only a "date" limit.

If Blizzard said "90% of funds go to charity" every single person who donated would feel happy, because every single person would contribute to the children.

If Blizzard made a live "counter"...everyone would be happy to know they were contributing (or not).
    It would even be amazing! And would create a scenario of "Cmon guys! We are almost there! 3 million to charity! Woo wooo"
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-12-04 at 03:19 AM.

If Blizzard said "90% of funds go to charity" every single person who donated would feel happy, because every single person would contribute to the children.
    I donate monthly to charities (and other activities). Directly to the organizations I want to support.
    I don't need a Blizzard pet store to feel good about contributing to the children and I don't need Blizzard to apologize for some Hearthstone tournament to feel good about Hong Kong activists and free speech. If these are the causes I want to support, I donate to the organizations that work with the issues - I don't expect to proxy my donations through Blizzard.

It's cool that Blizzard donates part of the pet sales to charity, but you are not donating to a cause - you are buying a virtual pet. That's the action you are taking and there is a clear difference.
    Last edited by TwoMana; 2019-12-04 at 03:27 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im the one creating doubt and uncertainty on this charity? ME? Why would you ven say that?
    Because you have been calling it pointless, bad, terrible, "bad aura", and a bunch of other things simply because you don't understand a part and got triggered (your own words in another thread). Its fine to not understand why they did something. But you don't need to add all of that other noise and essentially bash them for still giving 3 million dollars. Even more so when you did all of that because "everyone can't be happy with out knowing when the goal is met". Not everyone will be happy anyways simply because that is how people approach stuff now a days. Most people don't even care about knowing if they are at the limit or not I'd wager.

Blizzard has never publicly stated a monetary limit to donations before. So past items only have a date don't matter. The esports toys were also not to a charity but to Blizzard with a portion set aside for the prize pool. They certainly could have stated that the prize pool limit was met however. There is entirely different legal standards for collecting money for a charity. Which is why Blizzard edits out that a charity will be benefited when the period has ended.

There is no reason to believe that they won't do the same with this fundraiser. A person however has to be a scrooge if they make a big deal about their $10 going to blizzard instead of the charity. When the entire reason why they are giving is to get an item in return. They already care less about the charity and more about the pet/plush.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    I donate monthly to charities (and other activities). Directly to the organizations I want to support.
    I don't need a Blizzard pet store to feel good about contributing to the children and I don't need Blizzard to apologize for some Hearthstone tournament to feel good about Hong Kong activists and free speech. If these are the causes I want to support, I donate to the organizations that work with the issues - I don't expect to proxy my donations through Blizzard.

It's cool that Blizzard donates part of the pet sales to charity, but you are not donating to a cause - you are buying a virtual pet. That's the action you are taking and there is a clear difference.
    Thats an interesting point of view, but then you are only saying "pet collectors unite! for the children!"
    When you could be saying "every WoW player on planet earth! Unite! And help me create this spirit bomb! For the children!"

Thats an interesting point of view, but then you are only saying "pet collectors unite! for the children!"
    When you could be saying "every WoW player on planet earth! Unite! And help me create this spirit bomb! For the children!"
    You are STILL buying a virtual pet from a cash shop. In a video game.
    Sure, you can do great things as a fan of videogames. Companies can do a lot of good if they want and they should do more of it.
    But this is just buying a bunch of fancy pixels from a game store, so let's not get confused about causes.

15+ Year Old Account
    But you could have been saying that as well from the start. Instead you say in another thread that you got triggered as a struggling artist because Blizzard added a cap to how much they will donate. That isn't every WoW player on planet earth uniting.

But you could have been saying that as well from the start. Instead you say in another thread that you got triggered as a struggling artist because Blizzard added a cap to how much they will donate. That isn't every WoW player on planet earth uniting.
    But im "triggered" in a lot of different ways:

1) Ruined an otherwise selfless act to be 100% pure. Its like seeing something "perfect" being ruined.
    2) Inserts doubt and uncertainty in everyone by the end of the month (am i giving money to whom exactly?) this could very much ruin the charity
    3) when you said people are buying the pet and plushy MOSTLY for the items and not for the cause

Then why did you say it will only be "cool" if something happens? Why even care about something being "cool" if you don't care about it being "cool". I have already told you why a cap can exist. The Charity states it so they get the money at a specific time. The company just decides to cap how much they give. Not everything has to be for all of eternity just because.

Have you every given to charity? Did you keep giving? Are you planning on giving for the rest of your life? Why did you cap it?

- - - Updated - - -

Then don't give money to Blizzard. It is that simple. Promotions like these are designed to get people who otherwise would not give money to a charity to do so. Thousands of companies do things like this. Even companies on the verge of disappearing, Sears, still run donation campaigns. You having a stake in the company is meaningless. Christmas bonuses for executives is meaningless.

This is the first year that Blizzard has openly stated a cap on donations. You own statement says they have gotten bonuses in the past despite not stating a cap. So it is irrelevant. If you don't want to go through a middle man and are willing to donate then do so directly. If you need to be convinced to donate then buy the pet. It is pretty simple and not some elaborate conspiracy of greed.

If you really were a large share investor you would understand that. But your stance makes your claims suspect.
    Well you can go to previous posts of mine about the companies plans and reasoning and it shows i have been spot on. Anyhow that is not the reason the company does things like this. They do this as end of the tax write offs? If you think its to make people donate to charities youre wrong. Its a way for the company to have people pay them to get a large tax write off paid for them without them having to give any money and being able to profit of it. Simple business. Also Christmas bonuses is not meaningless. Exes and many others have stated this at meetings. Lowering sales and insanely large Christmas bonuses is pathetic. If you would like to do some research last year December 17-21 Christmas bonuses were sent out to execs. I wont disclose numbers but numbers that werent acceptable and waste of money. As a result stocked tanked till the 24th last year as we investors were told that they would cut down on that number this year. To which the stock sky rocket again the following day.

I dont need to prove it to you though. You think what you want. Also I care about this not about the Charity. I care because WoW retail team is pathetic. In case youre not in the loop were not happy with the retail WoW team. They are inefficient and wasteful. This project was because of our complaint that they are not pulling in their numbers. The hours spent on making this is pathetic. I and others would rather have full team effort on the next expansion. Im not going to explain anything further. Im heading offline for a week or two so ill respond then. You can defend them all you want, youre just a silly goose. Either way though i make money.

Blizz has to please stockholders which means they need to show consistent revenue growth. All sub based games lose subs over time so in order to show consistent growth, they employ methods such as the digital shop.

But im "triggered" in a lot of different ways:

1) Ruined an otherwise selfless act to be 100% pure. Its like seeing something "perfect" being ruined.
    2) Inserts doubt and uncertainty in everyone by the end of the month (am i giving money to whom exactly?) this could very much ruin the charity
    3) when you said people are buying the pet and plushy MOSTLY for the items and not for the cause
    You are trying desperately to justify blind cynicism of Blizzard. I get it. You don't trust them. FWIW, I don't really trust them as much as I used to either. But being upset over this is a bit over the top, imo. There are better things to criticize Blizzard for doing, this just reeks of petty cynicism for the sake of being cynical.