Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The same reason anything ever gets deleted from reddit: It's against the rules. Somebody at Blizzard must've PM'd a Mod and told them it was exploit territory.
    On what grounds do you consider it an exploit? You have brought up the term, so im wondering why? Against what rule on reddit?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by almarsguides View Post
    That is exactly what he said lol
    Just checking i read it correctly. I have never ever been wrong, except for the times i was wrong, so i just wanted to check.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    On what grounds do you consider it an exploit? You have brought up the term, so im wondering why? Against what rule on reddit?
    For the record, I don't think it is. But having been around long enough to remember other similar situations that were ultimately covered up or discretely hotfixed later, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that the reason it was censored is because somebody at some level relayed the message that it was not kosher. Going back to the recent Blue regarding layer exploits, the important take away is intent. And in this situation, anybody who uses this method to "punish" somebody who is literally just PvPing on a PvP server... there's no question of malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    For the record, I don't think it is. But having been around long enough to remember other similar situations that were ultimately covered up or discretely hotfixed later, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that the reason it was censored is because somebody at some level relayed the message that it was not kosher. Going back to the recent Blue regarding layer exploits, the important take away is intent. And in this situation, anybody who uses this method to "punish" somebody who is literally just PvPing on a PvP server... there's no question of malicious intent.
    So involving guards is 'malicious intent' as well? Encouraging a player with predominantly multi target / aoe attacks to attack you next to a flight master is 'malicious intent' as well? Luring someone into combat when you have two mates stealthed next to you is 'malicious intent' as well?

So involving guards is 'malicious intent' as well? Encouraging a player with predominantly multi target / aoe attacks to attack you next to a flight master is 'malicious intent' as well? Luring someone into combat when you have two mates stealthed next to you is 'malicious intent' as well?
    None of the examples you just provided are remotely similar to the situation posed by the items in the OP. There's a certain level of expectation in those situations. This just seems to be an "haha gotcha" type of tool players who dislike being PvP'd on a PvP server would use to discourage somebody from doing what they're allowed to do. Again, I don't really care so much that I'd straight up call it an exploit (though I can see how some people would) and I'm usually in support of clever use of game mechanics but this seems against the spirit of playing on a PvP realm.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-12-04 at 05:10 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    That's a good idea.
    I agree. Im not surprised by the tears, but it amuses me that someone is totally fine with a 40player raid destroying a players ability to play in a certain area (im fine with this) but totally against using every trick in the book to fight back (im also fine with this).

you know..the funny part is the fact that after 15 years people still seem to keep thinking gankers gank for honor....

hell half the reason Dishonorable kills STOPPED being a thing because it did nothing to stop said gankers....shaming them ended up being a badge of honor to them at best or something they ignored and kept ganking at worst....

Hell in reality ..from what I've seen I don't know how they ACTUALLY think... people say the gank for the following reasons...

- To slow down the opposing side and help their faction (which seems to work too well when people on the opposing side quits)
    - To spur on some actual PVP when they cry to their friends
    - Cause fuck the other side
    - If it's red its dead
    - The lolz

fact is...people gank cause they want to gank... there is a rather large subset of players who more enjoy the act of ruining the fun of their opponent more than they enjoy an actual fight...

BLIZZARD KNOWS THIS AND ATTEMPTING TO BALANCE BETWEEN APPEASING THEM AND APPEASING PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT THIS...hell that's why war mode is a thing in retail cause "hey you don't wanna be ganked turn it off...refuse to turn it off, well guess what your going to keep getting ganked"

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    you know..the funny part is the fact that after 15 years people still seem to keep thinking gankers gank for honor....
    Considering its currently the only way to obtain Honor, yeah, i think its pretty fucking safe to say many players are ganking for honor.

Considering its currently the only way to obtain Honor, yeah, i think its pretty fucking safe to say many players are ganking for honor.
    If thats the case than the problem of gank squads should solve themselves when BGs are introduced....im pretty sure that the lesser faction should be able to enter raids with absolutely no problem in pvp servers and gankers will be an absolute minimum

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    The solution to ganking is always 1. Bring 1 more friend, or be a paladin/rogue. I have never been ganked in like 15 years of WoW. Sure, it happens every now and then by big groups of 3 or 4 (or high level in the past) but not as much. Even rarer if you are a rogue. Bring bubble/HS back and pallies wont have to deal with it anymore too XD

Edit: Just to edit, i often even won 2vs1 fights as a paladin. Maybe they needed to nerf pallies xD Then again, that was in Wrath,cata,pandaria and Legion. Idk about Draenor and BFA. I'm rogue in BFA. I suspect pallies are still doing great.
    Honestly, if I made you bubble and use your 1 hr hearth cd, then I consider that a win in my book lol

hell half the reason Dishonorable kills STOPPED being a thing because it did nothing to stop said gankers....shaming them ended up being a badge of honor to them at best or something they ignored and kept ganking at worst....
    At the moment everyone who wants to pvp is ganking. Once bgs are enabled this should calm down, but at the moment it's simply not true that only people looking to grief others are ganking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

People have apprently found certain items that can spawn Killable NPC's and if the oppotsite faction kill them, that's an instan Dishonorable kill.

This was going the rounds on reddit earlier with 6 gold and 6 silver gilded, but the reddit post got deleted, Tho this news post explains it all.

https://www.newsweek.com/world-warcr...-kills-1475321
    Ganking is part of Classic Wow, Deal with it, Cheating to Cause DK, is not. If you don't like Getting Ganked, maybe you should have rolled on a PvE realm.

Allow me to clarify something: There should be no problem with this. If you're ganking, you deserve it.

Killing someone lower level than you/ having 4 friends and you killing one 60
    is not pvp.

Stop with the tired "pvp on a pvp server" bullshit. That's all it is. Bullshit. That ain't pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Allow me to clarify something: There should be no problem with this. If you're ganking, you deserve it.

is not pvp.

Stop with the tired "pvp on a pvp server" bullshit. That's all it is. Bullshit. That ain't pvp.
    It is. PvP is not supposed to be fair. You can call your friends aswell.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

is not pvp.

Wrong. Pretty much any PvP fight on an RPG is unfair, whether due to level, group size, gear, class imbalances, etc. Outside of a tournament realm mirror match, where everyone has the same gear, talents, team size, etc, all PvP is unfair. It is still PvP, regardless of any of those circumstances, and anyone who rolls on a PvP server should accept it. Red is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Dont join a pvp realm if you cant handle ganking you boob.
    Not on a PvP server as i want to avoid the WPvP drama.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Ganking is part of Classic Wow, Deal with it, Cheating to Cause DK, is not. If you don't like Getting Ganked, maybe you should have rolled on a PvE realm.
    Just make sure to use it as much as possible before it gets fixed, these WPvPers deserve the DK's for their treatment of other people.

Also, again, i am personally not on a PvP server.

The dick move is ganking people.

Giving them a few DK's might teach them to stop.
    Its not a dick move when its the only way to get honor...

ganking when bgs are out thou, is a dick move.

- - - Updated - - -

Just make sure to use it as much as possible before it gets fixed, these WPvPers deserve the DK's for their treatment of other people.

Also, again, i am personally not on a PvP server.
    They are farming honor. Blame the game design not the players.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

considering the fact that it indeed exists in classic WoW, "cheating" to cause dishonorable kills is very much a part of classic WoW by definition and thus is as valid as ganking

is not pvp.

They arent doing it for "pvp". They are farming honor, because honor is what the game rewards the players by. Not how many fair 1v1s they can win.

Blame the system and the poor implementation of even having a phase 2 to begin with by blizz.

Being angry at players ganking is about as logical as being angry over how many arathi fire elementals are dying... The players will do whatever the game system incentivises them to do. Wich atm is to kill as many players as possible in as small a group as they can get away with for maximum honor. Its a competition so players will go however far they need to stay ahead.

Ppl that gank once bgs are out thou, are total dicks.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

If thats the case than the problem of gank squads should solve themselves when BGs are introduced....im pretty sure that the lesser faction should be able to enter raids with absolutely no problem in pvp servers and gankers will be an absolute minimum
    Well no, because you are assuming people will ONLY want to do BG's. Your argument is absolutely ridiculous. Honestly, thats one of the worst attempts at logic i have seen in a long time. Dealing in absolutes ensures only one thing - making an absolute fool out of yourself. WPvP was still a major thing in vanilla, in particular, the faction with MASSIVE queue times due to faction imbalance, meaning there was dozens if not hundreds or bored pvpers wanting to make the most out of their wait time.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheating by whos definition? yours? What gives you the power to define what is CHEATING?

- - - Updated - - -

is not pvp.

Its pvp. stop with the tired "oh but its not FAAAAAAIIIIIR bullshit, blizzard have stated on multiple occasions that what you are describing is not just within the rules, but encouraged. They want you to use a pvp solution, not whinge like an entitled little child not getting their way. Give me one good pvp reason to roll on a pvp server, if not to engage in spontaneous pvp, regardless of the balance / fairness. Remembering that "fair" pvp exists on both pvp and pve realms. Ill chill out here and wait for you, but i fear i will expire while waiting.