Poll: Will Ion be replaced?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    What is with this community's fascination with blaming a singular person with all of WoW's issues? Ghostcrawler had the same problem when he was lead dev. Chilton had the same issue when he was lead dev. And you better fucking believe whomever replaces Ion (should he be replaced) will have the same issue. None of WoW's devs have been particularly bad, they just have the unfortunate job description of telling the community they don't get their promised ponies. I certainly don't agree with everything Cueball McDoucheface says but I also don't envy his position. I wouldn't want to leave my house out of fear of some warped neckbeard waiting outside my house to give me an atomic wedgie for nerfing his favorite trinket.
    That's creepy asf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    the fascination is that people look for easily identifiable targets to vent their rage at (regardless of whether the target deserves it, or if the rage is even founded in reality). I can imagine the flurry of shit that would happen if Blizzard when radio silent and decided to not tell anyone who the lead designer was/is.
    He is just a easy target. All devs are easy targets always, no matter who will be, they don't make everything alone.
    The soon this enter in their minds, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    It already feels like blizz is radio silent. Azerite sucks and is NOT fun.....15 more neck levels in 8.3
    Essences still not account bound.
    Class design ignored this xpack (imho the biggest flaw. Classes aren't fun)
    The list goes on. Do I think all of these are ions fault? No, lore and holinka are to blame as well. Lore the most since he's a CM that never. Does his job.

It feels like the only time blizzard wants to talk to the community is to sell us something now.
    Lol! "It's not just Ion's fault. It's also some other dudes who work at Blizzard that I can somehow blame for literally no reason."

And yet again, we wonder why the devs don't communicate with us? Really?
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-12-04 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Will Shadowlands be the final expansion that Ion is the lead on? After the colossal failure that BfA turned out to be, there's a lot riding on Shadowlands. But so far, it seems most people are heavily underwhelmed by the Shadowlands already.

Will we see a new lead dev during Shadowlands or will Ion survive yet another expansion?
    How do you measure this "colossal failure"? Becuase, you know the reports all point towards BfA doing well.
    Blizzard does not give exact numbers of course but call BfA a failure seems silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    How do you measure this "colossal failure"? Becuase, you know the reports all point towards BfA doing well.
    Blizzard does not give exact numbers of course but call BfA a failure seems silly.
    He polled his entire friendslist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    It already feels like blizz is radio silent. Azerite sucks and is NOT fun.....15 more neck levels in 8.3
    Essences still not account bound.
    Class design ignored this xpack (imho the biggest flaw. Classes aren't fun)
    The list goes on. Do I think all of these are ions fault? No, lore and holinka are to blame as well. Lore the most since he's a CM that never. Does his job.

It feels like the only time blizzard wants to talk to the community is to sell us something now.
    I get it, you aren't hearing from them the words you want to hear. but that isn't radio silence. That is Blizzard letting you know that you aren't the only one that they listen to. Radio silence means you hear nothing... not even crickets...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's clear that Blizzard and the angry butthurt brigade have differing opinions on what entails 'failure'....

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    legion was garbage too. RNG artifacts, endless AP grind, out of control WF/TF, all but ignored PVP side, etc. and most of them have only gotten worse. legion had a few good late additions that people liked, but before then, EVERYONE hated legion, until the last patch it was widely considered to be as bad or worse than WoD.
    I actually loved the start of legion, so your everyone statement is incorrect. :P

Ion is great at engineering, design, spreadsheets, timetables basically all the stuff thats needed to get the job done.

Ion is horrible at fun, imo.

- P

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    Ion is great at engineering, design, spreadsheets, timetables basically all the stuff thats needed to get the job done.

Ion is horrible at fun, imo.

- P
    Hey, good thing there's one singular thing that all WoW players agree on which constitutes fun, right? Right???

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    This site is in dire need of a new sub forum: Feels > Reals.
    Lol, I love this

legion was garbage too. RNG artifacts, endless AP grind, out of control WF/TF, all but ignored PVP side, etc. and most of them have only gotten worse. legion had a few good late additions that people liked, but before then, EVERYONE hated legion, until the last patch it was widely considered to be as bad or worse than WoD.
    Oh look again someone who does not know the meaning of the word "everyone"

Now OT:

BFA might not be the best expansion imo... but it certainly isn't a "colossal failure" He'll live and hopefully the team has learned from the (constructive) feedback.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    Well, it seems you're in a minority. Based on the reactions to the features I mentioned - and people have consistently complained more about those things than the story. To say the story is the "real" problem with BfA is absurd.

To look at another way, I can't imagine many people subscribe for the story, you can just follow that online (in fact for the majority of it you have to anyway lol).
    I know I am, I don’t mind the gameplay stuff because mythic raiding is still mythic raiding to me, but when the previous story’s told keep getting change or forgotten about, it makes it hard for me to get invested. I like to play my character and see the story evolve around it. Right now, it’s like watching a circus be deconstructed.

Well and transmog, I love transmog but since Blizz tried saving money and cut 3/4 of raid tiers, it’s just horrible.
    Last edited by Soikona; 2019-12-04 at 09:23 AM.

Legion and Bfa were my favorite expansions with multiple times as much content as any of the previous ones. I disagree that there is some colossal failure here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I personally don't have a problem with Ion, never did. However, when you are the "lead" of a project, you are the one guiding the team. If something is coming along and you don't like it you don't ship it. Just sayin'.
    Most people are clueless about software development processes. They somehow imagine that all those cancer features sneak by themselves and the poor lead and director knew nothing about them so they are just scapegoats in their eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    it's rarely the result of his singular discretion.

Except it is because those people give the ok to push that thing out. Thats why they are responsible for the product. Its not billy the intern its not random noname designer xyz who decides what comes out in the final product.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop generalizing your own opinion about an expansion and turning that into: EVERYONE hated X.
    It simply isnt true and doesnt add anything to whatever you are trying to tell. (whatever that may be)

On topic:
    Ion might be the lead designer (or director) whatever his title is. But i am 100% sure he doesnt decide alone what is good or bad for the game.

There is a whole management team around him, making the decisions with him. Changing that Ion for whomever else, will not change the direction of the game in a big way.

I have said it before and i will say it again:
    I see so many hate for every expansion since TBC, yet here most of those posters are: still playing and complaining.
    Please make up your mind, stop playing or stop complaining about literally everything.
    Sure you can have some gripes with certain systems but dont tell us you think the whole game is garbage and keep playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Most people are clueless about software development processes. They somehow imagine that all those cancer features sneak by themselves and the poor lead and director knew nothing about them so they are just scapegoats in their eyes.
    Ion isnt to blame on his own for the things that are being implemented.
    You are being clueless about the fact that these decisions and systems are based on 1 persons ''job title''.

There will be a whole team deciding which systems make the cut.

I think they're happy if anyone is willing to take the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    How do we know BfA was a colossal failure?
    2 obvious things that are official at least
    1- they flat out admit that they f8cked up in pruning and it went too far this exp, his own words that no matter how good the world is, as long ur vessel - the player - sucks, u can't enjoy it
    2- vanilla numbers beat BFA by miles, that's a 15 years old game, doubt if vanilla was released in legion would even be remotely closed
    that said i doubt it is Ion fault, because if u see his interview ages ago when he was still raider, then see his actions as game director, they are exact opposite, if anything, Ion showed me his position is just a puppet whose strings is the highers in command and he just do what they tell him to do
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    Ion isnt to blame on his own for the things that are being implemented.
    You are being clueless about the fact that these decisions and systems are based on 1 persons ''job title''.

There will be a whole team deciding which systems make the cut.

You watched too many interviews of designers talking about how they brain storm together and assumed theres some democratic fairy tale going on when it comes to the final decision of what happens with the game.
    The reality is more like. The designer team is tasked with coming up with the best features they can brain storm and the upper heads decide what goes what stays what is changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    what legion did u play?
    unlike BFA, no one voted legion as worst exp during its era, while WoD for example was considered worst during its time
    I don't see BFA worst, that title goes easily to self patch exp, that said BFA is easily 2nd
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    You watched too many interviews of designers talking about how they brain storm together and assumed theres some democratic fairy tale going on when it comes to the final decision of what happens with the game.
    The reality is more like. The designer team is tasked with coming up with the best features they can brain storm and the upper heads decide what goes what stays what is changed.
    I never said the designers are part of said decision.

But it is a whole MANAGEMENT team making the decisions which systems (that are brainstormed) make the cut. It isnt Ion alone.
    You even said it yourself: the upper heads (plural)

It isnt only Ion's decision which systems make the cut, i wouldnt be surprised if all department managers are part of the decision.
    Since you cant design a system if you cant work it out gameplay wise / storywise / etc etc.

So stop spreading the bullshit it is only Ion making the calls on the systems. since he isnt making those calls alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    what legion did u play?
    unlike BFA, no one voted legion as worst exp during its era, while WoD for example was considered worst during its time
    I don't see BFA worst, that title goes easily to self patch exp, that said BFA is easily 2nd
    Like everything, it is all subjective.

He might think Legion was garbage, and you enjoyed the shit out of it and found it great.
    People confuse their own opinions with facts a lot on this forum.

And this forum seems to run on:
    If i didnt like it, nobody liked it or you are not allowed to like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    I never said the designers are part of said decision.

But it is a whole MANAGEMENT team making the decisions which systems (that are brainstormed) make the cut. It isnt Ion alone.
    You even said it yourself: the upper heads (plural)

It isnt only Ion's decision which systems make the cut, i wouldnt be surprised if all department managers are part of the decision.
    Since you cant design a system if you cant work it out gameplay wise / storywise / etc etc.

So stop spreading the bullshit it is only Ion making the calls on the systems. since he isnt making those calls alone.
    You are trying too hard to defend Ion's bullshit. He does have the final say since thats his job. Now we could also write a novel about how that went down in Bfa and all the cancer he greenlighted. Who are you gonna blame the bfa systems on? The story guy? The cleaning lady ?