Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Let me guess: Runescape?

Don't worry, it was my first MMO too. My Runescape addiction was so long ago that when I quit OSRS was the new version. Eesh.
    kal online was my most played one but i did dabble in a few,blows my mind how i enjoyed games like those so much,when i saw you could swim in wow i think i spent a good hour in the lake in mulgore just amazed,in kal online bodies of water were just a visual thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    kal online was my most played one but i did dabble in a few,blows my mind how i enjoyed games like those so much,when i saw you could swim in wow i think i spent a good hour in the lake in mulgore just amazed,in kal online bodies of water were just a visual thing lol
    Aww man, a Korean MMO? WoW must've felt like heaven if that was your first experience.

Aww man, a Korean MMO? WoW must've felt like heaven if that was your first experience.
    indeed it did,heck even today wow feels better than most modern mmo's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Dont join a pvp realm if you cant handle ganking you boob.
    I started launch day on Westfall for exactly this reason. I still had memories from Warmode imbalances at BfA's launch, and I figured that classic wpvp would be even worse. I was right.

However, I am a veteran of WoW. For a fresh player who had no indication that their wpvp server would become downright uninhabitable in a few months, it's a little condescending to say "Dont join a pvp realm if you cant handle ganking".

the mmo's i played before wow,there wasnt even a concept of ''endgame'' lvling was most of the game,and dying ment potentialy losing weeks of progress,and gear stolen if killed by players,i never experienced endgame content before wow,but man i would not imagine myself ever playing games like that again,i moan and bitch in fallout if i forget to quicksave every few seconds and die and lose a few seconds,losing my gear or weeks of time is simply unfathomable to me now,granted im almost 30 now not 14 anymore as back then lol
    Yeah the mmos back then were a pain in the ass when thinking about it now. I remember playing DAOC abit, but I never got into it. Had a couple of friends that played it like maniacs and it was harsh lol.

But all that said - wow classic is not a friendly game if you roll on a pvp server. Alot of people didnt know it back then and this caused a problem for Blizzard several years later. They HAD TO deal with faction imbalance and the constant annoyance of world pvp(ganking & corpse camping). So now retail has CRZ, phases and the ability to turn off pvp(Warmode). These things are in retail of the very same reasons this thread was made. Cause of WPVP and the issues that comes with it.

Gamers of today dont put up with it anymore, they just move on. Heck, if they dislike classic they can just jump to retail. Or just another game. The choices on games today is huge and its not easy to capture an audience.

Cause lets be real - it takes something special to bother leveling 1-60 as alliance player all the while being raped by horde players all the time, and stick it out all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    I started launch day on Westfall for exactly this reason. I still had memories from Warmode imbalances at BfA's launch, and I figured that classic wpvp would be even worse. I was right.

However, I am a veteran of WoW. For a fresh player who had no indication that their wpvp server would become downright uninhabitable in a few months, it's a little condescending to say "Dont join a pvp realm if you cant handle ganking".
    dont mind him,hes obviously a troll,and even if he wasnt,he is kiding himself if he thinks the state of classic wpvp is anything like ''the vanila experience'',whats happening now did not happen in vanila,not even on the most popular pvp servers

indeed it did,heck even today wow feels better than most modern mmo's
    Careful, it's dangerous to have a positive opinion of retail WoW in these parts.

dont mind him,hes obviously a troll,and even if he wasnt,he is kiding himself if he thinks the state of classic wpvp is anything like ''the vanila experience'',whats happening now did not happen in vanila,not even on the most popular pvp servers
    You are right. I was on a very popular server in vanilla and this didnt really happen. Sure there were wpvp here and there, but not close to this scale.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Yeah the mmos back then were a pain in the ass when thinking about it now. I remember playing DAOC abit, but I never got into it. Had a couple of friends that played it like maniacs and it was harsh lol.

But all that said - wow classic is not a friendly game if you roll on a pvp server. Alot of people didnt know it back then and this caused a problem for Blizzard several years later. They HAD TO deal with faction imbalance and the constant annoyance of world pvp(ganking & corpse camping). So now retail has CRZ, phases and the ability to turn off pvp(Warmode). These things are in retail of the very same reasons this thread was made. Cause of WPVP and the issues that comes with it.

Gamers of today dont put up with it anymore, they just move on. Heck, if they dislike classic they can just jump to retail. Or just another game. The choices on games today is huge and its not easy to capture an audience.

Cause lets be real - it takes something special to bother leveling 1-60 as alliance player all the while being raped by horde players all the time, and stick it out all the way.
    i agree,but i have to giggle thinking about how we are today,getting affected by simple ganking,when before the norm for pvp mmo's was loosing gear and experience on death,there is a modern mmo doing that called crowfall,but its main focus is that,the wpvp

- - - Updated - - -

Careful, it's dangerous to have a positive opinion of retail WoW in these parts.
    well its not just retail,vanila as well is more fluid than others today,and yeah i know classic is runing on legion its not like vanila was,it was a bit more stiff,but not by much

Just paid character transfer to a PvE realm, pretty simple.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Just paid character transfer to a PvE realm, pretty simple.
    That dosen't solve the problem of gankers, That's just you turning a blind eye to the problem and running away. This DK method could actully solve it and make them stop.

Gankers and corpsecampers getting a little taste of their own medicine.
    Love it.

I don't see anything wrong with people who are actively being dicks getting screwed out of some honour.

Yes, it's a pvp server, you're allowed to be a dick. Shouldn't complain when other people are dicks back though.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Just checking i read it correctly. I have never ever been wrong, except for the times i was wrong, so i just wanted to check.
    It's pretty obvious what he meant, except for the part that wasn't obvious. Come on dude, this is simple shit.

On topic, while this is obviously unintentional and will get fixed, it's less of an issue with ganking and more of an issue that it hampers legitimate world PvP as well.

Imagine trying to just get into mc, as the underdog faction so you and your raid group up, you push as one and fight off horde to make it to the entrance. You zone in, you realize you got 7 dks. All progress is lost for the week. "Haha dicks shouldn't have been pvping on a pvp server".

You lost 1 week of progress. For those pve'ers out there, it's the equivalent of having your whole raid zone into mc for the week and everyone being locked to an id with all the bosses dead. Still fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with people who are actively being dicks getting screwed out of some honour.

Yes, it's a pvp server, you're allowed to be a dick. Shouldn't complain when other people are dicks back though.
    Yep. And these items are part of the game, so it's not really an exploit or breaking the ToS. Just clever use of game mechanics to combat asshole behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yep. And these items are part of the game, so it's not really an exploit or breaking the ToS. Just clever use of game mechanics to combat asshole behavior.
    How about if you are casting an AoE, so I run one of these into you to get you a dk? Do you really think only innocent ppl are going to use these to combat "asshole behavior " or do you think assholes are just gonna be even bigger assholes with this. This is just one more tool for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    How about if you are casting an AoE, so I run one of these into you to get you a dk? Do you really think only innocent ppl are going to use these to combat "asshole behavior " or do you think assholes are just gonna be even bigger assholes with this. This is just one more tool for them.
    PvP servers: assholes being assholes in order to have fun being assholes.

My sympathy levels: -100

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: Gankers be salty that there's some risk involved with them rolling around in large groups roflstomping people who have no chance of doing any real damage.

Y'all deserve the DKs. I'm sure some don't care, but a loooooot do right now considering there are no BGs.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-12-04 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    PvP servers: assholes being assholes in order to have fun being assholes.

My sympathy levels: -100
    Ahh so doesnt affect you so fuck everyone that it does. Everyone on a pvp server must be an asshole so fuck them all? Kinda showing who the real asshole is lol