Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    That's absolutely not true.
    the people preventing me from from leveling seem to agree
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    We are talking about screwing ppl out of a week of progress for what you deem to be asshole behavior, even tho it's perfectly acceptable on pvp realms. Maybe you were being an asshole to me in a perfectly acceptable way. Like outbidding me, or rolling higher on an item, or taking a chest I wanted.
    They're not really equivalent, which is why they suck as analogies.

Nobody is trying to severely inhibit or affect others' gameplay by entering Molten Core, so hitting them with a lockout is just a dick move.

If you, however, are ganking, camping and all-around making it nigh impossible for other faction players to play or even retaliate, then people won't feel that bad about you getting your comeuppance in the form of negative karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Nobody is trying to severely inhibit or affect others' gameplay by entering Molten Core, so hitting them with a lockout is just a dick move.

If you, however, are ganking, camping and all-around making it nigh impossible for other faction players to play or even retaliate, then people won't feel that bad about you getting your comeuppance in the form of negative karma.
    Person A and B both roll on a pvp server. Person A forms a group and in the process kills person B. Person B sees the raid group again and spawns an item that gives them all a DK, making them lose ranking points which can screw them out of gaining a rank this week.

Scenario 2.

Person A and B are out travelling in the world. Person A takes a chest from Person B. Person B joins person A's guild raid as a trial raider with a saved raid ID and zones in first. Person A and entire guild cannot kill any bosses this week, screwing them out of gear for the week.

Seems pretty similar to me. 1 person doing something perfectly "legal" in game, 2nd person gets butthurt and fucks them over for an entire week. Both getting their "comeuppance "

Maybe you just dont like the analogy because youd actually be upset with scenario 2 and can relate to it.

Moral of the story, dont be Person B because they are just a cry baby bitch getting mad at a video game lmao

What is this twisted idea you have about comeuppance? If the item's tooltip read: "Use this item for maximum keks and teach those corpse camping honor farmers a lesson!" I'd say sure. Go for it. The item obviously exists for this exact purpose and that's fine. But it doesn't. And using an item for anything other than it's intended purpose, especially to grief other players, is a fucking dick move no matter how you try to square it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    What is this twisted idea you have about comeuppance? If the item's tooltip read: "Use this item for maximum keks and teach those corpse camping honor farmers a lesson!" I'd say sure. Go for it. The item obviously exists for this exact purpose and that's fine. But it doesn't. And using an item for anything other than it's intended purpose, especially to grief other players, is a fucking dick move no matter how you try to square it.
    "B b b but 2 wrongs DO make a right!" - this clown lmao

Did they specifically remove the warning before getting locked to a raid ID from the classic version of the client, or is this just a straw man that can't actually happen because you'd be warned and can avoid the lockout?

So is corpsecamping players.
    It may not be against the ToS, but that doesn't make it not a dick move.
    Thinking things aren't dick moves because Blizzard won't ban you for them is a silly notion.
    The worst part is that I know you're aware that the stuff you're defending counts just as much as griefing, but you can only dish it out, not take it.
    That's why the ganker tears are so delicious.

- - - Updated - - -

"B b b but 2 wrongs DO make a right!" - this clown lmao
    Two wrongs not making a right applies to committing crimes in response to somebody else committing a crime who has already been punished or is slated to be punished by the system.
    It appears you should save the clown nose for yourself.

Thinking things aren't dick moves because Blizzard won't ban you for them is a silly notion.
    The worst part is that I know you're aware that the stuff you're defending counts just as much as griefing, but you can only dish it out, not take it.

- - - Updated - - -

Two wrongs not making a right applies to committing crimes in response to somebody else committing a crime who has already been punished or is slated to be punished by the system.
    Lol wtf are you talking about? 2 wrongs dont make a right is a proverb that you are taught as a child. It just means a 2nd misdeed doesnt take away the first one, all you'll be left with is twice as much bad lol

From an outside perspective (not on a pvp server), the concept is good, but you know people are going to use them in fair PVP battle like SS vs TM (and maybe even BG if you can summon and not fix), destroying those fair way of getting honor, so people will go back to ganking even more.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

If this item interaction was possible in Classic then it isn't an exploit. It's a feature.

Lol wtf are you talking about? 2 wrongs dont make a right is a proverb that you are taught as a child. It just means a 2nd misdeed doesnt take away the first one, all you'll be left with is twice as much bad lol
    Yes, and it makes sense when you're talking about not punishing somebody for doing something once or twice.

Not when we're talking about an activity people constantly engage in, which is corpsecamping. Hell, you don't even believe it's a wrong, so why are you here moralizing about it? You seem dishonest.

- - - Updated - - -

Crimes? ToS?! What on earth are you going on about? You can dislike people PvPing on PvP servers all you want but it's a risk you opted into when you rolled on a PvP realm. Fighting what you perceive to be asshole behavior by being an asshole yourself doesn't absolve your culpability. If some asshat cuts me off in traffic then I follow him a mile and try running them off the road am I somehow on the moral high ground because the guy who cut me off made the first move?

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    From an outside perspective (not on a pvp server), the concept is good, but you know people are going to use them in fair PVP battle like SS vs TM (and maybe even BG if you can summon and not fix), destroying those fair way of getting honor, so people will go back to ganking even more.
    I agree, but right now it's being used mainly to curb unbalanced ganking, corpsecamping and all-around griefing.

The positives outweigh the negatives, and the fact that you see mainly gankers crying about it proves that.

Chances are it'll probably be fixed soon, anyway. But in the meantime, the outrage is amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Crimes? ToS?! What on earth are you going on about? You can dislike people PvPing on PvP servers all you want but it's a risk you opted into when you rolled on a PvP realm. Fighting what you perceive to be asshole behavior by being an asshole yourself doesn't absolve your culpability. If some asshat cuts me off in traffic then I follow him a mile and try running them off the road am I somehow on the moral high ground because the guy who cut me off made the first move?
    It's not about moral high-ground. It's about curbing asshole behavior.

And no, most people won't feel bad for an asshole who had their asshole behavior bite them in the ass. Again, stop moralizing about others being assholes to you while you're gleefully being assholes to them.

"I-I may be an asshole, b..but you're just as bad as me if you don't let me continue being an asshole to you!"

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    The dick move is ganking people.

Giving them a few DK's might teach them to stop.
    You're worth honor 4 times a day for every single individual of the opposing faction. If you're farming herbs or nodes do you pass through them as if they weren't there?

I'm sure it will be fixed.

Yes, and it makes sense when you're talking about not punishing somebody for doing something once or twice.

Not when we're talking about an activity people constantly engage in, which is corpsecamping. Hell, you don't even believe it's a wrong, so why are you here moralizing about it? You seem dishonest.
    Quote me where I talked about corpse camping not being wrong.

In the meantime, the saying has nothing to do with things going unpunished. It's just saying if you react to something wrong, by doing something else wrong, it is not ok. Which is what you are arguing for.

Explain how I'm dishonest. I dont gank, I don't corpsecamp, I dont join mass pvp raids. I'm stating how intentionally giving players a DK when they are fighting against other players outside of a town, is not right. You doing that to counter something you dont believe is right, is why the statement '2 wrongs dont make a right's applies.

Quote me where I talked about corpse camping not being wrong.

In the meantime, the saying has nothing to do with things going unpunished. It's just saying if you react to something wrong, by doing something else wrong, it is not ok. Which is what you are arguing for.

Explain how I'm dishonest. I dont gank, I don't corpsecamp, I dont join mass pvp raids. I'm stating how intentionally giving players a DK when they are fighting against other players outside of a town, is not right. You doing that to counter something you dont believe is right, is why the statement '2 wrongs dont make a right's applies.
    You've been defending it as a normal PvP server activity that people have to suck up since early on this thread.
    But when people finds ways to punish it, you start painting it as some "if you don't let people be assholes to you, you're just as big of an asshole as they are." thing.

I agree, but right now it's being used mainly to curb unbalanced ganking, corpsecamping and all-around griefing.

The positives outweigh the negatives, and the fact that you see mainly gankers crying about it proves that.

Chances are it'll probably be fixed soon, anyway. But in the meantime, the outrage is amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

And no, most people won't feel bad for an asshole who had their asshole behavior bite them in the ass. Again, stop moralizing about others being assholes to you while you're gleefully being assholes to them.

"I-I may be an asshole, b..but you're just as bad as me if you don't let me continue being an asshole to you!"
    You are arguing for hurting some innocent players, because overall, it's probably hurting more guilty (in your opinion) players. The greater good lol.

In the end post you immediately contradict yourself. "Its not about moral high ground. It's about curbing asshole behavior" lolol. You're pretty much saying it's not about me being right, it's about everyone else being wrong. Haha

- - - Updated - - -

You've been defending it as a normal PvP server activity that people have to suck up since early on this thread.
    But when people finds ways to punish it, you start painting it as some "if you don't let people be an asshole to you, you're just as big of an asshole," thing.
    Link me the exact quote where I defended it. I'll wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know we were talking about raid lockouts now. B)
    Its the same concept, you do something scummy to screw over multiple people.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Oh hey, in my moral quandary I forgot to mention: The guy I ran off the road had a newborn strapped in the backseat and he was driving home from his wife's chemo treatment. Still think people would take my side?

This is silly. It's not even about morality at this point.

You are obviously incredibly worked up by the concept of corpse camping despite this being something that has been a part of PvP on WoW since the beginning of time.