Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think part of the design issue on Nemesis is the original had no nose. Didn’t even have room for a nose as the lack of the lips went just beneath his eyes. He is also missing scars and staples from the original design. The original looked like a pieced together Frankenstein’s monster where the new one looks like someone stretched his skin too tight. The original also appears to have a more compact skull in most pictures, giving it a more primitive Neanderthal look.
    It’s not a terrible design on the new one, just some glaring differences when compared to the old.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-12-04 at 09:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont think his design is gonna matter when hes charging at you with a rocket launcher while your health is red

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I think part of the design issue on Nemesis is the original had no nose. Didn’t even have room for a nose as the lack of the lips went just beneath his eyes. He is also missing scars and staples from the original design. The original looked like a pieced together Frankenstein’s monster where the new one looks like someone stretched his skin too tight. The original also appears to have a more compact skull in most pictures, giving it a more primitive Neanderthal look.
    It’s not a terrible design on the new one, just some glaring differences when compared to the old.
    But if Nemesis is based off of a Human shouldn't he have a nose...?

I mean even from the two promo images you can see scars all over Nemesis' face. His face isn't smooth as if stretched too tight, his skin is all pocked and almost burned and ripped.

I donno I dont get people freaking out about how he looks when its really minute details that nobody will even be noticing when he's chasing you.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-12-04 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    I think people automatically equate reusing a lot of assets as bad.

Which is true in many (most) cases, but not all.

Re3 is a fine game.

Another more recent example I would say is Fallout: New Vegas, which reused a TON of assets from Fallout 3 and people genuinely seem to love it.

And then you have Fallout 4 and Fallout 76............................................................
    First thing that comes to my mind is Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask in terms of taking an existing game, using its assets and making a great game from that foundation in less time.

I mean even from the two promo images you can see scars all over Nemesis' face. His face isn't smooth as if stretched too tight, his skin is all pocked and almost burned and ripped.

I donno I dont get people freaking out about how he looks when its really minute details that nobody will even be noticing when he's chasing you.
    People will notice. They already have. There is also in game cinematics where he will be front and center.
    About the nose, then no, he doesn’t have one in the original version as he is literally a stitched together abomination where the skin is pulled so tight over his face that it needs stapled together to stay on, literally pulling away from cut off lips. In the new one, they gave him a nose, and while they kept the stretched appearance it doesn’t look the same or intimidating. It looks like it was stretched out on someone bigger and now just kind of sagging on this new design while the open mouth with no lips is glued on.
    I’m not saying it’s a terrible design, I’m saying why it probably looks weird and/or off for people that played the original.

I’m not saying it’s a terrible design, I’m saying why it probably looks weird and/or off for people that played the original.
    I played the original several times over and found nothing wrong with it at all.

It honestly feels like incredibly minute nitpicking and complaining over literally 2 promo images lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Here's an alt. cover for RE3 Remake.

Jeez Nemesis looks creepy as shit in that shot.
    Looks like the last boss from Splatterhouse!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Nemesis is basically T-103 (Mr X style Tyrant) which has the Nemesis NE-α parasite embedded in it. A Soviet Colonel named Sergei Vladimir was cloned 10 times by Umbrella due to his unique genetic makeup meaning he would react differently to the T-virus than others. These 10 became T-103s. 6 dropped in Raccoon (1 being Mr x, other 5 corpses laying around the rail gun in RE3). So yeah him having a nose shouldn't be too wrong.

(Sorry for the ramble)

Looks like Capcom isn't resting on their laurels with setting the bar the remakes.

Meh. Resident Evil 3 is the worst one from the original PlayStation; it's felt more like DLC for RE1 than anything. Across all the systems, RE4 is definite the best.

I can’t wait for this, that said why does Carlos look like the kebab man from down the road

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean im probably the only girl here, but I think carlos looks fine and if they want to make him more southern american looking they can

Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    Meh. Resident Evil 3 is the worst one from the original PlayStation; it's felt more like DLC for RE1 than anything. Across all the systems, RE4 is definite the best.
    Eh, 4 moved away from the slow shambling zombies and away from dark atmosphere's.... I like the game but it definitely isn't my top RE by any stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    I'm sorry but no.

RE4 isn't a bad game but its far from the best RE game, Even just speaking in sales its beat out by RE5 and 6. RE4-6 are fine action games but they are all bad Resident Evil games.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I'm sorry but no.

RE4 isn't a bad game but its far from the best RE game, Even just speaking in sales its beat out by RE5 and 6. RE4-6 are fine action games but they are all bad Resident Evil games.
    I have to agree, the move to RE4s style lost a lot of what made RE, RE. Thankfully they've realized we want horror and suspense in our RE games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well 4 is above and beyond better than 5 and 6 but i like 5 better for a couple reasons. Environments, normal enemies feel a bit more dangerous, and obviously sheva is neat and better than having to take care of ashley (even if 4 was built in such a way that made having to take care of ashley actually good). Plus the sniffy dudes in 4 still freak me out

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but no.

Depends on the person. I prefer the RE:4 type Gameplay over the original RE games. I always prefered Parasite Eve to the OG RE games mostly due to the higher focus on Combat vs mindlessly backtracking

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Depends on the person.
    The bolded doesn't depend the person tho.

There is core elements that makes a Resident Evil game a Resident Evil game, Horror being a key part of that. RE4-6 has ZERO Horror. It was all over the top action games and funny enough salazar's comment at the start of the final fight (and the fight itself) in RE4 shows this.

They are not bad games (RE6 is questionable) but none of them was horror.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The bolded doesn't depend the person tho.

There is core elements that makes a Resident Evil game a Resident Evil game, Horror being a key part of that.
    More RE games now have had a focus on Action than a focus on the old Gameplay. So it is dependent on the person. It's no different to Fallout games. The original starting few are a different genre to current Fallout games. but they are all Fallout games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I mean im probably the only girl here, but I think carlos looks fine and if they want to make him more southern american looking they can
    Everybody on MMOchampion are little girls.

Edit:
    I wouldn't mind re-imagined versions of 4-6 tbh. Highly unlikely but still possible at some point in time.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2019-12-05 at 09:46 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!