Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Alternate thread title: How to be a dick on a PvP realm.

There's a reason this was deleted from reddit.
    If you can't handle it may I suggest you a carebear- err, PvE server instead? Seems more up your alley.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Getting ganked is part of PvP.

The people getting ganked actually fighting back and fucking up the gankers is MOST CERTAINLY part of PvP aswell.

The very idea of somebody defending the first, but crying about the second is so batshit retarded and ridiculous that there are no words to describe it. "Don't want to get DKs when people fight back, don't roll on a PvP server". Karma at its very best tbh.
    But it's not "fighting back." If the item's intended use was to give people DKs, I'd say it's fine. But it isn't and this just seems like it goes against the spirit of rolling on a PvP server in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    The dick move is ganking people.

Giving them a few DK's might teach them to stop.
    Wrong. You are a resource just like the mobs you farm. Killing you rewards honor. Honor gives rank. Rank gives great gear. Killing you is no different than killing mobs. When I kill people I'm not thinking: "sweet let's ruin this guys day" I'm like: "look a guy worth honor, kill him"

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Well no, because you are assuming people will ONLY want to do BG's. Your argument is absolutely ridiculous. Honestly, thats one of the worst attempts at logic i have seen in a long time. Dealing in absolutes ensures only one thing - making an absolute fool out of yourself. WPvP was still a major thing in vanilla, in particular, the faction with MASSIVE queue times due to faction imbalance, meaning there was dozens if not hundreds or bored pvpers wanting to make the most out of their wait time.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheating by whos definition? yours? What gives you the power to define what is CHEATING?

- - - Updated - - -

Its pvp. stop with the tired "oh but its not FAAAAAAIIIIIR bullshit, blizzard have stated on multiple occasions that what you are describing is not just within the rules, but encouraged. They want you to use a pvp solution, not whinge like an entitled little child not getting their way. Give me one good pvp reason to roll on a pvp server, if not to engage in spontaneous pvp, regardless of the balance / fairness. Remembering that "fair" pvp exists on both pvp and pve realms. Ill chill out here and wait for you, but i fear i will expire while waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It is. PvP is not supposed to be fair. You can call your friends aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Wrong. Pretty much any PvP fight on an RPG is unfair, whether due to level, group size, gear, class imbalances, etc. Outside of a tournament realm mirror match, where everyone has the same gear, talents, team size, etc, all PvP is unfair. It is still PvP, regardless of any of those circumstances, and anyone who rolls on a PvP server should accept it. Red is dead.
    I smack a critter and it dies instantly, or kill a level 10 boar at level 60. Would I call that PVE? Nah. Same diff, here. If you're doing it because HKs, then call it farming, because that's what it is.

This thread probably shows why Blizzard never really mastered huge outdoor pvp content. Good on paper, a real shitshow in game.

I wonder how it would be if HKs out in the world didnt give players ranking. Just like if WM on retail didnt give gear or anything.

Alot of people wouldnt even bother at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    This thread probably shows why Blizzard never really mastered huge outdoor pvp content. Good on paper, a real shitshow in game.

I wonder how it would be if HKs out in the world didnt give players ranking. Just like if WM on retail didnt give gear or anything.

Alot of people wouldnt even bother at that point.
    You can just look at how it is during an expansion launch. If you play with war mode on or you played on a PvP server people just ignored each other.

Engaging in world PvP is usually just a hassle and people cba.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    PvP servers: assholes being assholes in order to have fun being assholes.

My sympathy levels: -100
    Classic asshole right here. "I personally don't like X so everyone who does like X and is fucked by this deserve it".

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I smack a critter and it dies instantly, or kill a level 10 boar at level 60. Would I call that PVE? Nah. Same diff, here. If you're doing it because HKs, then call it farming, because that's what it is.
    Yes, I would. Because it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    It's honestly really amusing how many people are legitimately mad that players won't just lay down to be farmed, apparently. Death squads that sit on FPs for hours on end is cool and 'just part of the experiance guise!!' but the second there's the possibility of having some mild consequences suddenly it's unfair and cheating. Then they have the gall to talk shit about PvE servers being 'carebear' servers Buncha twats.
    Well it's unintended, unlike the possibility of being ganked on a PvP server. Everyone on a PvP server signed up for that, but nobody signed up for bugs giving you DKs.

Let's not bring your inferiority complex about PvE servers into this.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    You can just look at how it is during an expansion launch. If you play with war mode on or you played on a PvP server people just ignored each other.

Engaging in world PvP is usually just a hassle and people cba.
    Yeah pretty much. In classic you get rewarded for killing the enemy faction out in the world and since theres no BGs its what people do.

We also gotta factor in that right now in classic theres not really much else to do. You run the raids and wait for reset while working on proffs or alts. Alot of people dont bother to much about alts/proffs, so whats left? World pvp, grief the other faction and be a pain in the ass towards someone else.

thats sort of the strength and weakness of classic. Theres not really alot to do at max level, at the same time there is. its more up to each player and the community what the content at max level is. Right now its "world pvp".

Theres also the fact that its alot more "fun" to be a dick in classic than on retail. Its hard to find a "hotspot" in retail and if there is one people that want to avoid wpvp just turn off WM. People would camp FP in BFA too but people just turned off WM and went on with the day. In classic you have no choice, you are stuck with it. So either deal with it or log off.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Classic asshole right here. "I personally don't like X so everyone who does like X and is fucked by this deserve it".
    You can like whatever you like.. But as long as what you like impede on or interupts someone elses Fun, that's when you become an asshole.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

The same reason anything ever gets deleted from reddit: It's against the rules. Somebody at Blizzard must've PM'd a Mod and told them it was exploit territory.
    Wow. That's an amazing assumption there.

Genuinely. If I was doing world pvp against people who are not at a disadvantage due to level and they used this, I would damn well camp them just out of principle. Don't roll on a pvp server and then get upset that there is pvp happening.

why should anyone actually care about dishonorable kills when they can just go get raid gear instead of nolife'ing high warlord?

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat;51926197[B
    ]It's honestly really amusing how many people are legitimately mad that players won't just lay down to be farmed,[/B] apparently. Death squads that sit on FPs for hours on end is cool and 'just part of the experiance guise!!' but the second there's the possibility of having some mild consequences suddenly it's unfair and cheating. Then they have the gall to talk shit about PvE servers being 'carebear' servers Buncha twats.
    people are just warning them that its gonna end up in bans. possible permabans.

you gonna risk 3-4 months investment into classic just to prove a point ?

go for it.

But it's not "fighting back." If the item's intended use was to give people DKs, I'd say it's fine. But it isn't and this just seems like it goes against the spirit of rolling on a PvP server in the first place.
    The spirit of rolling on a PvP server is, has always been, and will always be to make as many other people as miserable as possible for your own amusement.

I'd say this item qualifies perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    The spirit of rolling on a PvP server is, has always been, and will always be to make as many other people as miserable as possible for your own amusement.

I'd say this item qualifies perfectly.
    Maybe that's how you see it but most ppl dont roll on pvp servers for that reason lol. I'm on a pvp server to spice it up. I'm not just fighting computers, I'm fighting ppl. If that's what you believe the spirit of pvp servers is, I hope you dont roll on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    "If I'm being an asshole to others it's ok, but if others find a way to stop me being an asshole, then I'm being bullied."

"If I'm being an asshole to others it's ok, but if others find a way to stop me being an asshole, then I'm being bullied."
    I did not know that doing pvp was being an asshole.

Being an exploiter is obv.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    You can like whatever you like.. But as long as what you like impede on or interupts someone elses Fun, that's when you become an asshole.
    Gankers are a tiny minority of PvP servers players. Kill squads is a different thing, entirely because of how the game and honor works in P2.

You trying to imply that all PvP server players are gankers and therefore assholes is pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, what? You're implying I'm a ganker just for playing on PvP servers? Are you really that insecure about playing on a PvE server? Damn.