Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Go play retail. Thanks

This is why we needed tbc or wotlk that isnt as min maxed as this.

Or a complete retune of bosses/encounters. And switch Some things around to emulate the difficulty of vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Juggsa View Post

Or a complete retune of bosses/encounters. And switch Some things around to emulate the difficulty of vanilla
    Oh boy, I hope you havent heard about TBC/Wrath private servers. You're gonna cry.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Well it was a nice 1 month of playing before the inevitable "OmG WhY Do YoU pLaY X SpEc ThIs CoNtEnT iS So hard and needs to be no lifed in 2019 WiTh pERfect BiS cOMP!!"

Also the fact if you're not decked out in tier1 already you're a noob.

Guess what, some people prefer the journey not the destination and actually work now.

Enjoy loot dramas over MC for the next few months while blizz drag their feet to get those subs for quarterly reports and you cant even BG to at least do something outside of the gear grind.
    What did you expect? The same people that play retail are the ones that now play classic.
    It's not a time machine, you can't go back 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    What did you expect? The same people that play retail are the ones that now play classic.
    It's not a time machine, you can't go back 15 years.
    still kinda amazes me that there are people who legitimately thought when classic came in everyone would just forget how vanilla played and we would all be terrible nooblets and the kindest community in the history of gaming

Lesson of online communities people

The Larger the community...the greater percentage of assholes IN said communities

5+ Year Old Account
    I found a decent guild of like minded people before classic launched. My experience is nothing like this. Maybe you're trying to force and awful spec on people who don't want to carry you?

TBC wasn’t min/maxed?

Raiders were forced into taking up LW for drums. You stacked raids with shamans because of BL and chain heal. Then you moved shamans in groups during raids since the BL debuff only affected the group the shaman was in. On Brutallus we stacked the raids with warlocks. On Illidan we stacked frost mages to handle the demons. They had to hotfix so you couldn’t use flasks and elixirs on the same time because raiders buffed themselves too much.

It was in TBC the true min/maxing started.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    still kinda amazes me that there are people who legitimately thought when classic came in everyone would just forget how vanilla played and we would all be terrible nooblets and the kindest community in the history of gaming

Lesson of online communities people

The Larger the community...the greater percentage of assholes IN said communities
    Yeah, it's really odd.

Well it was a nice 1 month of playing before the inevitable "OmG WhY Do YoU pLaY X SpEc ThIs CoNtEnT iS So hard and needs to be no lifed in 2019 WiTh pERfect BiS cOMP!!"

Also the fact if you're not decked out in tier1 already you're a noob.

Guess what, some people prefer the journey not the destination and actually work now.

Enjoy loot dramas over MC for the next few months while blizz drag their feet to get those subs for quarterly reports and you cant even BG to at least do something outside of the gear grind.
    Poor thing. It actually thinks that just because it doesn't have any time/resource management skills, that others cant work and play on a top end level.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    It was in TBC the true min/maxing started.
    "LF shadow/warlock ONLY with tailor/enchanting"

TBC is so long ago, that many informations about it are not from retail experience. But comparing what a few hundred casual players on a cheat server did to the real 10.000.000+ community is pure nonsense.

TBC was much less hardcore as Vanillas first months. Yes you could overbuff yourself with 2 rows of pots/flasks but consumable ussage was pretty standard in vanilla too. Playable hybrids in a normal raid setting were a real game changer.

Did my casual raid guild replace unprepared players without the right profession? Yes, thats why the guild lasted 9 years for raiding. Casual meant you dont have a 100% attendance because of RL and a job, but not min-maxing was a big GTFO of the raidpool.

Different communitys I guess. Idols 15 years ago were the hardcore raiders and not some lazy, contenwhoring streamers. Min-maxing was not a bad word, because playing the game and getting better was a good thing. Failing at Retails allready low community standards seems to be the reason why so many want to butcher classic even more.

Nothing wrong with beeing a noob, but expecting that the game and a major part of the community changes is just ridiculous.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    TBC was much less hardcore as Vanillas first months.
    Lol. You mean going from being able to clear MC/BWL, some AQ and some Naxx to being stuck on Curator? Or having realized that now that even though hybrid specs are useful you are now forced to stack OP specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Yes you could overbuff yourself with 2 rows of pots/flasks but consumable ussage was pretty standard in vanilla too.
    No, it wasnt. Not to mention in TBC you actually needed it unlike vanilla (mostly because there was so much content available at once, and so much of it was bugged), including some consumables that were only available in the old world and had no versions from TBC.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Classic while fun and all, won't ever be the same. You all know how MMO's work. How to finish a quest, where to deliver it, how to take a flight path, how and where to sell your gear, how to buy bags, how to travel to a far away zone without a mount and much more. If you know how the game works, classic is not gonna be what people think. Sure, it's fun and its not a horrible game but that's all. The classic charm was being a huge noob with other people that were huge noobs. Downing bosses after 1 week of daily - 10 hour wipe raids and raid leaders that go afk to eat during boss fights. Vanilla was a huge chaotic mess and that's why it was amazing.

P.s. Not to mention farming 200 gold for years xD I sooo wanted that epic purple plate helm from AH. I killed more scarlet crusader people than Arthas.

Thing is as someone who played Vanilla and BC, Vanilla it was never min max. We were wiping with all sort of classes and specs and having fun. Went up to Naxx spider wing and C'thun on farm with my guild.

BC had a lot more min max in it, especially come BT / Sunwell and/or arena.

Now you see what they did to Classic, i can only guess how BC server would end up. That would be a shitshow Ion from Elitist Jerk would be proud of. It would end up being the best iteration of the game with the most toxic tryhard population the game has ever known.

I would love to play that tbh

Guess what, some people prefer the journey not the destination
    Good for you. But guess what, some enjoy the destination.
    I'm not even sure what you expected, everyone to be just like you? Blizz invented LFD and LFR for a reason and that's not because players had a nice community where everyone took part in all activities and everyone accepted everyone to their pugs.

I also want to mention that if you're leveling faster and are more efficient / focused / have more time doesn't mean you're not enjoying it. Your play style is not superior.

Even if I had had any interest in Classic, I saw people praising Classic specifically for its Community element. You know, what with the lack of LFG, LFR, etc, there was a bigger focus on community.

And I agree with that.

But then I saw how the average Classic enthusiast on the forums, in youtube comment sections, etc. behaved and I started to wonder: "Do I want to be forced to be a part of the same community? Maybe even a part of a community where they have notable influence or authority?"

I'll stick to retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Even if I had had any interest in Classic, I saw people praising Classic specifically for its Community element. You know, what with the lack of LFG, LFR, etc, there was a bigger focus on community.

And I agree with that.

But then I saw how the average Classic enthusiast on the forums, in youtube comment sections, etc. behaved and I started to wonder: "Do I want to be forced to be a part of the same community? Maybe even a part of a community where they have notable influence or authority?"

I'll stick to retail.
    So you dont even play classic yet you come to classic forums claiming to play on a pve server? Maybe all those classic enthusiasts are just liars like you who are only pretending lmao. Maybe try playing it so you can actually experience it before you post abt it

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    So you dont even play classic yet you come to classic forums claiming to play on a pve server? Maybe all those classic enthusiasts are just liars like you who are only pretending lmao. Maybe try playing it so you can actually experience it before you post abt it
    I never claimed anything like that.
    You sure are emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Classic & Elitists are words that don't fit together in the first place.

Anyone who tells you that classic is a hard game doesn't know what he's talking about.
    Elitists gave WoW the popularity it had. Also, retail is not hard either.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Elitists gave WoW the popularity it had. Also, retail is not hard either.
    Difficulty is a scale - and retails hardest content is substantially more difficult compared to anything in vanilla has to offer. Vanilla raids are roughly LFR difficulty. Retail has 3 difficulties that are all much harder than LFR.

the difficulty of vanilla came in form of not knowing how to play mmos since many were new to the concept as well as not knowing where everything is already. You cant emulate that unless u could wipe ppls memories. Want a challenge? play retail, the vast majority of the playerbase doesnt ever get to do the high end stuff anyhow, yet complain how ez it is when they are in truth referring to LFR or Normal, hardly ever stepping into heroic let alone mythic when the tier is relevant.