Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Everyone is saying fury 2H tanking is amazing, but in truth it's only amazing when you overlevel or overgear the content. Which is kinda pointless, the group is being carried.

Also, fury tanking survivability isn't the problem, the problem is the fury tank can't fucking hold aggro because they haven't realised their threat is 20% lower in battle and zerk stance. And not 20% lesser warrior threat, 20% lesser threat than every other dps in the group.
    Last edited by Dergiab; 2019-12-05 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Everyone is saying fury 2H tanking is amazing, but in truth it's only amazing when you overlevel or overgear the content. Which is kinda pointless, the group is being carried.

Also, fury tanking survivability isn't the problem, the problem is the fury tank can't fucking hold aggro because they haven't realised their threat is 20% lower in battle and zerk stance. And not 20% lesser warrior threat, 20% lesser threat than every other dps in the group.
    I'll agree that fury tanking isn't anywhere near worth it yet, but fury tanks are in defensive stance using sunder. They use fury to build more rage and to be able to heroic strike more.

It is kind of hillarious to watch your main tank do 300+ dps on a raid boss. Just need 9% hit and a healer to spam the every living hell out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    Warlocks can tank dungeons. By the time a raid become "puggable" or on farm a warlock can tank it as well.
    Dude the shit you spread on here is like antivaxx.

Yes im sure most people want to get blamed and flamed every couple of runs. Honestly, if you decide to run pugs theres a huge risk people get toxic. People dont care about aggro unless they die, ppl dont want to wait for tank to obtain enough aggro on pull. '

No matter what happens, the tank gets the blame most of the time. This is a huge reason people dont bother tanking, its just not worth it. I healed with my paladin in classic this time around until I unsubbed and most time dps would get mad at the tank cause of overragro and they dying. As a old timer warrior tank I always defended the tank though.

As a former tank myself during vanilla, BC & WOTLK I can say this: As a tank back then, I had my ppl to run dungeons with. I didnt bother with anyone else. I ran with friends, guildies or people I knew enough about to go with. Why? To avoid the toxic shitbags.

Hit max level week 2, 2h tanked from day one, you can 2h tank in defensive stance not to mention you are doing so much more damage even in the other stances you often don't need the extra threat of defensive stance.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    I'll agree that fury tanking isn't anywhere near worth it yet
    Having more threat and damage isn't worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    i think it's cute that you think there aren't.
    5000+ people on a server and you think they all share a blacklist? By the time anyone has caused enough problems for it to significant they are done with dungeons anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Equoowe View Post
    Hit max level week 2, 2h tanked from day one, you can 2h tank in defensive stance not to mention you are doing so much more damage even in the other stances you often don't need the extra threat of defensive stance.

Having more threat and damage isn't worth it?
    Being 5 levels over the recommended level of a dungeon sure makes things easier.

I get it, you are leet, gj. My experience as healer is that warriors with a 2hander can't hold aggro, ever except those that were level 45 in Cathedral.

Being 5 levels over the recommended level of a dungeon sure makes things easier.
    Except I didn't out level the dungeon's when I first entered them or when farming at 60.

I get it, you are leet, gj. My experience as healer is that warriors with a 2hander can't hold aggro, ever except those that were level 45 in Cathedral.
    Nothing can help awful players but 2h and dual wield tanking is so much better for 5 mans, you can't get aggro if you do no damage and have no rage not to mention if people can do just all out on dps everything dies so much faster.

Except I didn't out level the dungeon's when I first entered them or when farming at 60.

Nothing can help awful players but 2h and dual wield tanking is so much better for 5 mans, you can't get aggro if you do no damage and have no rage not to mention if people can do just all out on dps everything dies so much faster.
    That is exactly the problem, it has attracted awful players. Its a playstyle in some ways harder than regular because you have to outdps your dps by more than 20%, or they have to hold back, which kinde ruins the point of it.

You also won't keep aggro if you're not in defensive stance, unless you're outdpsing the dps.
    If you're outdpsing the others guys on single-target while facing the mob, then you're either significantly more geared than them or they're holding back a lot (or they're shit).

That is exactly the problem, it has attracted awful players. Its a playstyle in some ways harder than regular because you have to outdps your dps by more than 20%, or they have to hold back, which kinde ruins the point of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You also won't keep aggro if you're not in defensive stance, unless you're outdpsing the dps.
    If you're outdpsing the others guys on single-target while facing the mob, then you're either significantly more geared than them or they're holding back a lot (or they're shit).
    You can 2h tank in defensive stance, nothing stops you from using it...

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Dude the shit you spread on here is like antivaxx.
    Oh, so you are more knowledgeable on the subject than me? I'd love to see your mountain of research on the matter. As well as the plethora of people you've been working in collaboration with over the years.

Oh, so you are more knowledgeable on the subject than me? I'd love to see your mountain of research on the matter. As well as the plethora of people you've been working in collaboration with over the years.
    Sounds even more like antivaxx now. "Mountain of research" and "Shaman Raid Tank". Heh.

You can 2h tank in defensive stance, nothing stops you from using it...
    What's the point of tanking with a 2hander in defensive when you can't use whirlwind and most of your threat comes from abilities that isn't based on weapon damage?

What's the point of tanking with a 2hander in defensive when you can't use whirlwind and most of your threat comes from abilities that isn't based on weapon damage?
    Is this a serious question? think about it for two seconds.

We stopped tanking because you guys refuse to allow us time to gain enough threat.

Enjoy the lack of tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    The tank problem is even worse than retail, I can't find a tank at all and the tanks that join my group usually have requirements like being paid or res an item. I managed to finish the entire brd without a tank because I had an 60 lvl warrior who could tank in dps gear, he was raid geared. Lbrs+ is very hard without a clean tank and you can't outlevel the dungeons.

Is it me or this is a serious problem?
    This has always been the case prior to Raid Finder. This is the reason Raid Finder was created in the first place. Not everyone has several hours to waste on searching for tanks. Raid Finder made this process trivial.
    Despite the fact that I love pre-Cataclysm WoW the most, it had this problem and it was huge.

Or, your logic of.

"If i use every buff, and everyone else plays like shit compared to how they should be playing with an actual tank, i can make my meme spec work in MC, with double the gear required"

Special snowflake syndrome is mega strong i see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    This has always been the case prior to Raid Finder. This is the reason Raid Finder was created in the first place. Not everyone has several hours to waste on searching for tanks. Raid Finder made this process trivial.
    Despite the fact that I love pre-Cataclysm WoW the most, it had this problem and it was huge.
    Group finder, Raid finder has nothing to do with lack of tanks.

Well i tried as feral. But the mages of oz and their blizzard spam on pull (like before the first swipe) got the best of me early on. NO MORE.
    I have to pug as well as most friends already stopped playing. There is only tryhards left on the server it seems xD i won't pug with that.

I leveled a warrior to 60 as an alt so I could tank when the mood struck me. Big mistakes.

Pugs don't let you establish aggro
    Pugs either don't CC or if CC is sed they break it instantly
    Pugs ignore kill order and split DPS
    Pugs won't interrupt

All of that is fine at the lower levels and as a fresh 60 for sure you need to do those things. The result is people either stop tanking or find a group that isn't retarded to run with.

TLDR tanks aren't extinct they just are picky who they run with because its not worth the headache.
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2019-12-05 at 02:03 PM.