Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    John Solomon directly implicated by call logs released by the impeachment inquiry. They show conversations with Giuliani and Parnas.

This would be amusing if it wasn't so serious.
    Did you hear that the Washington Post called a couple Republicans recently, Devin Nunes, and Lindsey Graham, and John Solomon for some fucking reason called them back? The retard that Guiliani is using as a source for all of his claims? And that he doesn't have any evidence to back up his claims? https://www.mediaite.com/print/washi...-john-solomon/

It's not possible to take republicans seriously on Hunter Biden given that they have no problem whatsoever with Trump and his entire family continually leeching off the presidency to enrich themselves.

Anyone calling for Hunter to be investigated and punished is a complete hypocrite without also calling for Trump's kids to suffer the same fate.

Not that Hunter and Trump's kids are equal, because that's not remotely the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    It's not possible to take republicans seriously on Hunter Biden given that they have no problem whatsoever with Trump and his entire family continually leeching off the presidency to enrich themselves.

Anyone calling for Hunter to be investigated and punished is a complete hypocrite without also calling for Trump's kids to suffer the same fate.

Not that Hunter and Trump's kids are equal, because that's not remotely the case.
    The most obvious difference being that Hunter was hired by a private firm. Trump's kids were hired by their dad for government or advisory positions in his administration. The latter is nepotism, the former is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/whit...ry?id=67502822

So the alleged quid pro quo is about Joe Biden and his son, but Biden said he will not testify if a trial goes forward in the senate. I am sure he has nothing to hide.
    My god you have trouble staying on topic.

I reiterate, it doesn't matter what Trump thought ANYONE did, and whether those accusations hold any merit, or, more accurately, have been disproven by every single intelligence body that's looked into them, as has been the case with whatever you're accusing the Bidens of having done.

The only thing that matters, and that is being investigated, is whether Trump broke the law and breached his oath of office. NOTHING else.

Like I said earlier. If a Husband is accused of murdering his wife, it doesn't matter how convinced he was that she cheated on him. He's still on trial for murder.

It is the EXACT same thing here. You're basically asking for the wife's supposed extramarital lover to come and take the stand... in hopes that it proves that she cheated on her husband... which you will then use to justify why the husband should be excused for murdering his wife. Which is idiotic. Just like asking Biden to testify.

I've said it before, and I really don't know why you Trump supporters don't do it (unless of course you're INTENTIONALLY trying to deflect away from the impeachment proceedings by obfuscating them with unrelated nonsense) so that you stop getting infracted: if you want to talk about Biden and whatever disproved malfeasance you think he comitted, start your own thread about it.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-12-05 at 04:57 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/whit...ry?id=67502822

So the alleged quid pro quo is about Joe Biden and his son, but Biden said he will not testify if a trial goes forward in the senate. I am sure he has nothing to hide.
    Is Biden a witness?

Meanwhile, Trump, Giuliani, Mulvaney, Pompeo, and the others are key witnesses, and they ll refuse to testify.

It's weird how disingenuous you are being.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I mean she shouldn't have dragged Baron Trump into the impeachment spectacle. A 13-year-old kid has no business being dragged into a national political discussion he plays no part in.
    Baron Trump shouldn't be brought up because he's not relevant and a minor.. A minor mistake all the same.

But that being said, any Trumphadi, including his parents, who are outraged can go eat shit. They don't even get a rational counterpoint. They can go open their mouths, and eat shit. The people who locked up children in cages in order to intimidate Central and South Americans thinking of crossing the border, punish those who did, and those who defended those actions, do not get to clutch their pearls at a child being dragged into anything, ever.

Do you understand now but what I meant when I said they'll never live it down? That it will be with them the rest of their lives? Everyone involved in kids in cages, from the POTUS down the most lowly forum Trumphadi loses any high ground for anything involve kids, ever. That is the consequence of doing something absolutely abhorrent, inhuman and un-American. Something you yourself defended, not that you're doing any pearl clutching in this instance.

So I hope Baron is doing well in school. But if his parents or their partisans have anything further to say on the matter, I propose we all take a shit in a box, leave an "eat this" note on top, and send it to every Trump pearl clutcher there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    John Turley is a fucking moron. He said Clinton deserved his impeachment for lying, and what have you, even stated that the president didn't have to commit a crime to be impeached, and now, doesn't think the dozens of obstruction of justice and congress charges, bribery, extortion, and other violations, don't rise to that level.

He did because he committed Perjury, you lie in court and tell me how it works out for you.

So now the resident is claiming that "do us a favor" meant, "do the country a favor". But I thought it was a perfect call? So you mean, I was lied to? I thought something that was perfect doesn't need to be modified, redefined, or changed? And why is this defense only coming up now and not immediately when we first found out about it?

"When I said, in my phone call to the President of Ukraine, 'I would like you to do US a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. With the word 'us' I am referring to the United States, our Country," Trump said.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...a-favor-not-me
    Last edited by omerome; 2019-12-05 at 01:09 PM. Reason: grammar
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He did because he committed Perjury, you lie in court and tell me how it works out for you.
    Well, Trump has objectively done worse. And that fucking Turley dumbass, said he hasn't done anything to be impeached for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I mean she shouldn't have dragged Baron Trump into the impeachment spectacle. A 13-year-old kid has no business being dragged into a national political discussion he plays no part in.
    And I'm sure you were completely silent when the GOP went after Michelle Obama and their kids for 8 years and Chelsea Clinton for 8 years. I can only recall one time Baron was made fun of and it was from some idiot on the left not the majority. And thus was hardly dragging him into anything. It was a me tion of his name in reference to a monarchist title and only done because Trump acts as if he is a king and dies not need to follow the rules if the office.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Well, Trump has objectively done worse. And that fucking Turley dumbass, said he hasn't done anything to be impeached for.
    Of course the "woke" independant(eventhough all post point to a partisan shill) ignores that Clinton was entrapped into lying. Let's look at what Turley said about Clinton. He basically said that allegations of crimes from the POTUS is dangerous to the country and constitutes impeachment. However Turdley doesn't thing allegations of Trumps crimes seems to meet this low threshold he defended for Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Does that work with obstruction of justice too?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    And I'm sure you were completely silent when the GOP went after Michelle Obama and their kids for 8 years and Chelsea Clinton for 8 years. I can only recall one time Baron was made fun of and it was from some idiot on the left not the majority. And thus was hardly dragging him into anything. It was a me tion of his name in reference to a monarchist title and only done because Trump acts as if he is a king and dies not need to follow the rules if the office.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course the "woke" independant(eventhough all post point to a partisan shill) ignores that Clinton was entrapped into lying. Let's look at what Turley said about Clinton. He basically said that allegations of crimes from the POTUS is dangerous to the country and constitutes impeachment. However Turdley doesn't thing allegations of Trumps crimes seems to meet this low threshold he defended for Clinton.
    Yeah, the fact that Turley thinks that Clinton should have been removed, but the fact that the bribery, extortion, obstruction of justice and congress, and campaign finance violations isn't enough to remove Trump means he is a political hack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    So now the resident is claiming that "do us a favor" meant, "do the country a favor"
    An excuse which fails Occam's Razor so hard, it now has a shaved head.

Trump is trying to claim that he was asking Ukraine for a political favor, but did so by involving his personal lawyer instead of a formal investigation, while coincidentally withholding Congressionally-approved aid for completely unrelated reasons which changed twice and none of the excuses fit the facts.

Now there's one excuse that I'm actually surprised hasn't come up yet. If Trump was telling the truth about all of this (HAH) then he could attempt to justify it with "this was an undercover investigation, hush hush very off the books, you don't tell the enemy bigly yuge JOBS!". An excuse which still fails to be realistic (I'm sure the DoJ has plenty of secret investigations going but they're still formal) but at least makes some sense.

And I'll admit, I'm disappointed he hasn't tried that yet. Because he would have to admit he was spying on a political opponent -- exactly the same thing he accused Obama of doing to him. And I'd complete the "Trump says Obama shouldn't do XXX but does XXX even more" BiNGO card.

Instead, I'll just use this: Trump and the GOP are trying to hide behind "Trump never said the word bribery" defense. Well, based on that, Trump never said "help the United States" and there goes that defense. Boom. Headshot.

Related: considering the GOP has been claiming the inquiry is rushed, I think we can throw out that excuse too because Trump just said he wanted a fast impeachment. Sorry, GOP, Trump just ruined yet another defense by being Trump. You'll have to find another one.

Will articles of impeachment get sent to the Senate before the end of the calendar year? Unlikely since Congress adjourns on the 13th correct?

I am hoping the Dems move in a manner to have the trial in the Senate starting in January when the holidays won't suck up the public's attention. It will also keep the heat on witnesses and coconspirators that might have a change of heart to testify.

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal We View Post
    Will articles of impeachment get sent to the Senate before the end of the calendar year? Unlikely since Congress adjourns on the 13th correct?

I am hoping the Dems move in a manner to have the trial in the Senate starting in January when the holidays won't suck up the public's attention. It will also keep the heat on witnesses and coconspirators that might have a change of heart to testify.
    They extended it an extra week. So, yeah, they are staying til the 20th, and will most likely send it over before then.

I will never understand why the guy in the White House uses the term, "Do Nothing Democrats" when they are doing the thing to get him removed from office because of impeachable acts that they have thoroughly investigated.

"The Do Nothing, Radical Left Democrats have just announced that they are going to seek to Impeach me over NOTHING," Trump tweeted.

....This will mean that the beyond important and seldom used act of Impeachment will be used routinely to attack future Presidents. That is not what our Founders had in mind. The good thing is that the Republicans have NEVER been more united. We will win!
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...t-announcement

And to anyone saying that this is all the Democrats is focusing on instead of doing their jobs, try again.

Here’s a list of the Democratic priorities that passed the House but have stalled in the Senate.

H.R. 1: For the People Act

The For the People Act was House Democrats’ first major legislative package introduced in the new Congress. The bill, which passed in March, features a hodgepodge of policies that the party promoted throughout the 2018 midterm campaign to help secure elections from foreign interference and make them more accessible to voters.

The package aims to require states to provide an online option for voter registration and allow voters to register the same day they go to the polls. It would also require states to automatically register citizens who don’t register themselves.

To protect elections from any foreign meddling, the bill mandates that states use paper ballots and that the Department of Homeland Security evaluate threats to election systems 180 days prior to an election and inform states of their conclusions.

The bill includes campaign finance and ethics reform measures, including mandating presidential candidates release their tax returns.

Amid frustration at McConnell blocking the package, Democrats in May began reportedly considering bringing up portions of the For The People Act for a vote to try to force the Senate to take up individual electoral reform bills.

H.R. 5: The Equality Act

The Equality Act, which was introduced in March and passed in May, seeks to provide comprehensive anti-discrimination protections for LGBTQ Americans in employment, education, federal funding, housing, public accommodations and more.

Though eight Republicans voted for the measure in the House, many in the GOP have come out against the bill amid conservative concerns about infringement of religious liberty.

“In fact, this bill legalizes discrimination — government imposed top-down discrimination against those with time-honored views of marriage and gender,” Rep. Vicky Hartzler (R-Mo.) said on the House floor before the vote.

H.R. 6: The American Dream and Promise Act

The American Dream and Promise Act, which was introduced in March and passed earlier this month, would protect young immigrants who came to the U.S. illegally as children — known as Dreamers — and establish a path to citizenship for more than 2 million immigrants without legal status.

The bill would grant permanent residency with a path to citizenship to more than 2 million immigrants who fall into three categories: Dreamers and some recipients of the temporary protected status and deferred enforced departure programs.

H.R. 7: The Paycheck Fairness Act

The Paycheck Fairness Act was introduced in January and passed in March. It includes provisions that would prohibit employers from asking about prospective employees’ salaries, forbid retaliation against employees who compare wages and mandate employers show that pay discrepancies are based on legitimate factors.

Seven Republican House members voted for its passage.

H.R. 8: The Bipartisan Background Checks Act

The Bipartisan Background Checks Act was introduced in early January and passed the House the following month. Eight Republican House members joined nearly every Democrat in passing the bill in what was the most significant gun control vote in years.

The legislation seeks to expand background check requirements on private sales, including those at gun shows, on the internet or through classified ads.

H.R. 9: The Climate Action Now Act

The Climate Action Now Act was introduced in March and passed in May. Three Republicans supported the bill.

Democrats touted the bill, which, among other things, would block the Trump administration from exiting the Obama-era Paris climate agreement. Many recognized the legislation’s limited scope but said they hoped it would be the first of many pieces of legislation introduced in the House seeking to combat climate change.

H.R. 987: The Strengthening Health Care and Lowering Prescription Drug Costs Act

The Strengthening Health Care and Lowering Prescription Drug Costs Act was introduced in February and passed last month. Five Republicans voted for the measure.

The bill seeks to lower prescription drug prices, bolster the Affordable Care Act and protect care for those with pre-existing conditions.

H.R. 1585: The Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act

The renewal of the Violence Against Women Act was introduced in March and passed in April. One Democrat voted against it, while 33 Republicans broke party lines to back it.

Congress had allowed the act, which provides funding and grants for several programs that tackle domestic abuse, to lapse in February when it was left out of a spending bill ending a partial government shutdown.

The reauthorization includes everything in the original act and includes an expansion of a prohibition against firearm purchases for spouses or formerly married partners convicted of abuse or under a restraining order to include dating partners who were never legally married. The National Rifle Association came out against the act because of the clause.

H.R. 1644: The Save the Internet Act

The Save the Internet Act was introduced in March and passed in April. Just one Republican voted for the bill.

The bill would reverse the Federal Communications Commission’s party-line vote in 2017 to repeal net neutrality, shorthand for the Obama-era rules prohibiting broadband companies from blocking, throttling or prioritizing certain websites.

Advocates say the legislation is needed to prevent internet providers from favoring content from partners and businesses that pay them. Opponents say the effort would burden the internet with government interference.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-in-the-senate

Additional information:

House Democrats have passed a wide range of bills since they came to power in January, ranging from a sweeping anti-corruption and pro-democracy reform known as H.R.1, to bills to save net neutrality, pass universal background checks for guns, and reenter the United States into the Paris climate accords.

They have also put a large emphasis on health care, a defining issue of the 2018 election after Trump and Senate Republicans attempted to pass a bill to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. Democrats have focused on bills to lower prescription drug costs, protect preexisting conditions, and condemning the Trump administration’s legal battle to strike down the ACA in the courts. And although Medicare-for-all is driving the conversation in the 2020 presidential primary, it has not gotten a vote in the House.

Much of this agenda is sitting in the Senate. There have been a few things House Democrats and Senate Republicans have agreed on: disaster relief aid, reopening the government after the shutdown, the resolution to end US involvement in the Yemen war, a bill to protect public lands, and a resolution disapproving of Trump’s use of emergency powers.

But on major policy issues — like health care and infrastructure, or even bipartisan ones like net neutrality, the Equal Pay Act, or even a simple reauthorization of the longstanding Violence Against Women Act — Democrats’ bills are continuing to languish in the Senate. House Democrats are expecting to take up House Resolution 3, a major health care bill to lower the cost of prescription drugs, before the Christmas break. Although we’re not going to list all 400 bills for brevity’s sake, here’s a list of major bills and resolutions the House has passed so far.
    https://www.vox.com/2019/11/29/20977...emocrats-trump

It would be nice if they [GOP and current White House Administration] would stop projecting and realize that they are accusing someone of the thing they themselves are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    I will never understand why the guy in the White House uses the term, "Do Nothing Democrats" when they are doing the thing to get him removed from office because of impeachable acts that they have thoroughly investigated.
    A more cynical person would say, the dems in the house can pass all the bills they want, but it's pointless if they aren't working with the repubs in the senate to try to get something that will actually pass. I mean, has Nancy actually had a meeting with the Turtle to try to find ANYTHING they can agree on?

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    A more cynical person would say, the dems in the house can pass all the bills they want, but it's pointless if they aren't working with the repubs in the senate to try to get something that will actually pass. I mean, has Nancy actually had a meeting with the Turtle to try to find ANYTHING they can agree on?
    But issues like election security, healthcare reform, and even the bi-partisan background check bills are among things people want. Which is what the Turtle should be doing. His job.

McConnell is working in bad faith and has the rest of his Republican comrades following in suit. There are many issues that Democrats face that many of the Republican voters face, so him ignoring these bills to not even get a vote on the floor is not the problem with the "Do Nothing Democrats", but in fact, "Do Nothing Republicans" like him.

Nancy Pelosi has instructed the House Committees to move forward with Articles of Impeachment.

There will be a vote on or before the 20th.

We Are Taking Your President Away From You.

Democrats stand for the Constitution, the rule of law and do great honor to the founders in the face of the Authoritarian Party of America.

Sweet, sweet justice.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Nancy Pelosi has instructed the House Committees to move forward with Articles of Impeachment.

There will be a vote on or before the 20th.

We Are Taking Your President Away From You.

Democrats stand for the Constitution, the rule of law and do great honor to the founders in the face of the Authoritarian Party of America.

Sweet, sweet justice.
    It will likely fall apart before it gets very far. The Articles of Impeachment are a public declaration, not the act of impeachment. The final say must happen on evidentiary grounds alone. The evidence must prove Mr. Trump had the intent of quid pro quo. If it is not there, the impeachment proceedings must stop. Simple as that. Impeachment must be performed meticulously or it risks setting a dangerous precedent. If Trump is impeached because of votes along party lines, then the impeachment is unconstitutional. Impeachment is by incontrovertible evidence and testimony alone. Not opinion, not emotion, not political grandstanding.

This is the truth independent of morals, beliefs, and political systems. If the Democrats or Republicans fail to follow the law, they must also be impeached.