Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Surprised it didn't happen yet, since it's obviously not intended.
    It didn't happen because apparently the method never worked in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Is this true for the Eye, too?
    Yes. It's a good thing. I understand being frustrated at getting killed multiple times, but no item should literally ruin a whole weeks worth of progress.

If there was an item that caused raiders to lose all gear they earned that week, or farmers to lose everything they farmed for the week, ppl would be a lot less likely to defend this.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    The dick move is ganking people.

Giving them a few DK's might teach them to stop.
    lol, then re-roll in PvE Realm and stop crying here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmjowz View Post
    It will be fun to see all pvp servers beeing dead or become literally pve servers in a year.

Man the tears of those pvp mongos will be so fucking great. I can't wait.

5+ Year Old Account
    Working as intended. Don't kill people's quest mobs (that they spawn to complete the quest).

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    It will be fun to see all pvp servers beeing dead or become literally pve servers in a year.

This method doesn't work and never did.

So the celebration was for nothing. And also the nervous sweating and crying by gankers was for nothing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This method doesn't work and never did.

So the celebration was for nothing. And also the nervous sweating and crying by gankers was for nothing as well.
    My post has nothing to do with the method. The minority faction on an unbalanced realm can not play the game at all and sooner than later every one of those will reroll/transfer or stop playing at all. That's what I celebrate.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't really mind it all that much for 1v1 ganking but for big group fights it's gonna be aids, there will be people popping these in big 15+ v 15+ fights just to screw over the other factions group which might kill this form of wpvp.

I mentioned several times that I don't play on PvP servers because I know what they are. I also mentioned that despite that, ganker tears amuse me. Both can be true at the same time.
    You did mention that, but you've also been wrong on all accounts, which caused my comment. You're clearly painting a picture of PvP being some kind of monster because you're afraid to admit you're just bad at it.

Wrong. Eventually a player will give 0 honor if killed by the same person over and over again. And maybe there might be a reason for that.
    Takes a long time, meaning corpsecamping for honor is worth it in general.

And ganking and corpsecamping are called PvP by gankers and corpsecampers.
    Hey, at least you got something right. I mean, it's pretty obvious you think this a jab at me, but I've never called it that and share the sentiment entirely.

I love this.
    The horde that camps and kill low lvls in gadgetzan got LOTS of dishonorable kills a few days ago.

But now it's patched as far as I know.

I never said i was on a PvP server.

I am on a PvE server to avoid the WPvP

Strikes me that items that summon NPCs "as allies" shouldn't ever have had them flagged as a "civilian"; anyone who thinks otherwise has HEAVY bias.

And as such this is clearly a bug being exploited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Yes. It's a good thing. I understand being frustrated at getting killed multiple times, but no item should literally ruin a whole weeks worth of progress.

If there was an item that caused raiders to lose all gear they earned that week, or farmers to lose everything they farmed for the week, ppl would be a lot less likely to defend this.
    Then this whole thing was much ado about nothing. /shrug

My issue was never with players being assholes, it was always the fact that these items weren't intended to be used like described in the OP. I never bothered to check the veracity of the claims because I figured if Newsweek reported on it then the source would have been slightly more vetted than a reddit post.

Welp. Lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Takes 4 kills. Anything after that is griefing.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post

I give a zero fuck about Classic dies or stays forever, Im retail player and Im playing this game for fun and I gaking people with my Rogue, stabbing them from behind with my big ambush crits, love to see them desperately try to survive from it and fails

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Takes 4 kills. Anything after that is griefing.
    Unless you have an addon tracking it tho, it's not the easiest to tell how many times you've killed someone in a 24 hr setting. Especially if a ton of players are in the area.

You did mention that, but you've also been wrong on all accounts, which caused my comment. You're clearly painting a picture of PvP being some kind of monster because you're afraid to admit you're just bad at it.
    Again, if that's what you need for you to feel better about it.
    25% reduction in honor gain per kill.
    Hey, at least you got something right. I mean, it's pretty obvious you think this a jab at me, but I've never called it that and share the sentiment entirely.
    So you don't gank or corpsecamp, you just defend gankers and corpsecampers.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Unless you have an addon tracking it tho, it's not the easiest to tell how many times you've killed someone in a 24 hr setting. Especially if a ton of players are in the area.
    Sure, sorry I realise by using that word I may have falsely given the impression that this was a vindictive thing or something; I just meant that after the fourth kill you're not gaining any honor for 24 hours. Sometimes like you say, that doesn't matter because the "battle" is ongoing and you have to kill people to kill other people, and sod how many times it's happened. But when you're that level 48 in Tanaris and the lvl 60 rogue has killed you out in the desert for the 6th time in a row, he can't claim he's doing it to farm honor anymore :P

- - - Updated - - -

So you don't gank or corpsecamp, you just defend gankers and corpsecampers.
    I mean, in defense of that line of arguing, I'll defend corpsecampers and gankers (it's a free world) but I don't do it myself because I'm not sure I could live with the shame of losing vs someone ten levels lower than me which is what would inevitably happen :P

I give a zero fuck about Classic dies or stays forever, Im retail player and Im playing this game for fun and I gaking people with my Rogue, stabbing them from behind with my big ambush crits, love to see them desperately try to survive from it and fails
    Well, we all have our vices.

Some love to take others on in a gladiatorial arena and prove their might.

Others like to murder rabbits with shotguns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I mean, in defense of that line of arguing, I'll defend corpsecampers and gankers (it's a free world) but I don't do it myself because I'm not sure I could live with the shame of losing vs someone ten levels lower than me which is what would inevitably happen :P
    Obstructing somebody's ability to play in a meaningful way for the sheer purpose of ruining their gameplay (actual camping) is pretty sad. You're free to do it, but as I said before, not many are going to sympathize with you if you do indeed end up getting slapped with a dishonorable kill.

Which you won't in this situation because the yeti thing never worked, but you get my point.

Well, we all have our vices.

Some love to take others on in a gladiatorial arena and prove their might.

Others like to murder rabbits with shotguns.
    Its your point of view, since no one is tying player's hands when WPvP, plus I hangout solo, gank solo so it means 1v1 and I prove my might enough on their eyes.