Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    See, I don't agree with this fully. Yeah, they had a bit of a 'redemption' thing going on - but they weren't all out followers of the Light as they are shown as nowadays.
    Because Blizz didn't go back and redo stuff. We still had in Wrath the mount quest where you would go and kill an Alliance in their Chapel in Strat and such. Story-wise, though, blood knights were redeemed in the expansion they came out.
    I myself RP as a not-totally redeemed Blood Knight so /shrug.

I knooow, right? Glad you like it! <3

And yeah, there are some names I suppose! Just wish I could've named them on the top of my mind. :<
    Yeah, had to google it myself

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yeh. Blood Knights were such a cool concept. It's nice that the blood elves were able to get the sunwell back after all they went through, but I feel like there should be some drawback to it. Seems kind of weird that Nightborne feel "close" to the Blood elves when the blood elves regained their font of energy, but the Nightborne destroyed theirs. Still not really sure why they choose to not even have a smaller version? I feel like it would be kind of awkward for Thalyssra to go visit the sunwell and see how great Blood elf society is with it yet deny that benefit for her own people.
    Wasn't the entire first part of the Suramar storyline about making the Nightborne a permanent source of power so they wouldn't wither?

I think he has become rather boring and think he would be way more awesome if he was just a "normal" human who was just THAT good of a paladin!
    The one paladin who couldn't find the light because he couldn't understand how the light can stand orcs existing. Him having an epiphany on the battlefield and all of a sudden being empowered by the Light and defeating Orgrim (after he killed Lothar). And he was supposed to be the only level-headed one, the non-zealot out of all the paladins (this is why Lothar chose him as his second). He was kinda ruined from the get go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    That's the good thing about Zandalari Prelates, they are so removed from human culture and looks that they can have their independent belief system
    yea but see as of this expansion you have been exposed XD

you can already see it spreading before. it even got the cows to spec paladin. Now soon, the trolls will join in and become......ONNNNNEEE
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Sunwalkers and Vindicators have the same issues, not having anything to do with the Sun or the Naaru, respectively.
    That's Blizzard's fault. Just as having every shaman having ghost wolf companions (Though luckily, we get raptors that fit trolls)

If Blizzard wasn't as lazy, spells could be customized for each race.
    Zandalari Avenging Wrath could easily use Pterrordax wings instead of angelic ones, for example
    Lazy is an understatement. They still haven't fixed the spell book casting animation for holy paladin blood elves being at their knees.

Liadrin herself got more tolerable in Legion and BFA, but it's true the Blood Knights as a faction have been dormant for quite some time. Shame, Astalor for one is quite a character and I would love to see more of him and his anima golems.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde paladins were a mistake and blood elves are just obnoxious humans with pointy ears.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlightning View Post
    Lazy is an understatement. They still haven't fixed the spell book casting animation for holy paladin blood elves being at their knees.
    Seriously? I dont play belf so I had no idea
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Regarding notable Alliance paladins, we had Maraad who was starting to get fleshed out in WoD. Only to die at the end of the third zone, and his obvious replacement, Yrel, was made irrelevant by the failure of the expansion itself, and then "evil" just so Blizzard could give the Horde the dozen or so Clans of WoD Mag'hars instead of the less varied TBC ones.

Of course, Turalyon was also made the Lord and Master of the elite cadre of Draeneï, the fabled Army of the Light, relegating Fareeya, Divinius and others to utter irrelevance. At least Telaamon had a somewhat good send off.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Wasn't the entire first part of the Suramar storyline about making the Nightborne a permanent source of power so they wouldn't wither?
    Do you just eat saltine crackers every day to prevent yourself from dying of starvation? The night well was used for way more than just surviving.

That's the downside to a redemption arc, makes the edgy characters less interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Do you just eat saltine crackers every day to prevent yourself from dying of starvation? The night well was used for way more than just surviving.
    If my nation had no food source, I would gladly take saltines while they tried to build one.

Good job moving the goalposts though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    If my nation had no food source, I would gladly take saltines while they tried to build one.

Good job moving the goalposts though.
    My point was that people want to do more than just survive. The night well has so many uses for wine production, powering the city, defenses, used for spells, etc.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elf Paladins stopped being "Blood Knights" in the same Expansion they were introduced. Welcome to 12 years ago.

Seriously? I dont play belf so I had no idea
    Yah it worked for a patch and ever since it’s been a book at their knees. It’s so silly - I actually didn’t know it was just be males that have the problem lol (my only paladin is a 104 blood Elf male lol)

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like more separation between races amongst the same class. Class racial abilities, like Priests had in Classic, should absolutely be a thing for all classes.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!