Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Last I checked the Alliance was not trying to enslave a celestial entity for their dark goals, but okay.
    Genn didn't know that before he tried to kill a world leader

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Genn didn't know that before he tried to kill a world leader
    Genn did know from Azsuna that Sylvanas was trying to enslave one of the world's greatest celestial beings, which would have greatly infuriated a mighty demigod of war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Explorers' League is led by Bronzebeard brothers who are Alliance leaders. It has long story of participating in Alliance military operations. Even in Silithus they were accompanied by night elves.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is that Blizzard doesn't want players to be "evil" and enjoy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Their leader, prospector Khazgorm, was a member of Explorers' League.

- - - Updated - - -

First of all, Velen should expect Legion to come after them. Entering Draenor meant doom to its inhabitants. Yet, of course, Velen doesn't think too much about orders of naaru.

Also, orcs had reasons to believe that Draenei are invaders that want to kill them. This genocide was an unfortunate misunderstanding but orcs had casus belli.

- - - Updated - - -

Alliance provoked war in Stormheim, Silithus and Arathor. It was enough to burn three Teldrassils.
    i guess sylvanas also had casus belli then. you know for the horde and all.....doesnt matter if dead horde soldiers get fed to some abyss in the maw.....which increases her power....

i think its abundantly clear why she burnt teldrassil (as tyrande said "this whole war is without honor". who knew she was far closer to the truth than saurfang's "we fight for the horde! for survival!")
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Genn did know from Azsuna that Sylvanas was trying to enslave one of the world's greatest celestial beings, which would have greatly infuriated a mighty demigod of war.
    The note you find in Azsuna does not give any details on what Sylvanas was up to, it was far too little information. Nor is it brought up at all during or before the actual attack, and all through the quest line and even after it no information is presented explaining what sylvanas is doing and why you need to stop it. It's just Genn attacking Sylvanas for vengeance. Even in their fight, all he says is that SYlvanas took his son's future so he's taking hers. A revenge motive not a 'stop SYlvanas from doing bad thing' motive.

Xal'athath and Thal'kiel are nefarious beings who are not celestial. Xal'athath is a ruthless creature of shadows and Thal'kiel was an evil eredar. Aluneth is just a weapon. And the Alliance player did not use them for dark goals, they used them to fight the Legion, not because they wanted immortality.
    Immortality isn't a dark goal. Especially when you lead an army against weapon.

Also, Eyir is a being of death, nothing celestial. Aluneth, at the other hand, is an arcane being imprisoned by greedy guardian to serve her.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    i guess sylvanas also had casus belli then. you know for the horde and all.....doesnt matter if dead horde soldiers get fed to some abyss in the maw.....which increases her power....

i think its abundantly clear why she burnt teldrassil (as tyrande said "this whole war is without honor". who knew she was far closer to the truth than saurfang's "we fight for the horde! for survival!")
    Malfurion also says she lead the horde in the service of death or something to that affect which is closer to the truth than we realized at the time

She had casus belli and she used it to claim some souls. There is nothing bad about it.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Immortality isn't a dark goal. Especially when you lead an army against weapon.

Also, Eyir is a being of death, nothing celestial. Aluneth, at the other hand, is an arcane being imprisoned by greedy guardian to serve her.
    Enslaving people and twisting them to your whim is very much so a dark goal it’s exactly why we fight the litchking.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Not celestial beings
    We didn't enslave them.
    We either tamed them. Or took them from the enemy
    Sylvanas tried to enslave our allies
    And made deals with the enemy
    Stop twisting facts.

Aluneth is just a sentient weapon. It has no yes or no if you use it. It actually prefers not being locked up forever

Thalkiel is happy when you take him, cause he gets to be used to kill those that did this to him. And also we don't torture his soul like they did. and he jokes and chats with you. There is a reason he's named skele-bro <3 Xalatath is also happy you take her. so theres that.
    They are not mortals so they can be called celestial. If you want to be more specific, celestials are only from Pandaria.
    Aegwynn enslaved Aluneth and Xal'atath plotted with N'zoth to be free.
    Val'kyr are slaves to Odyn. Sylvanas just wanted to borrow them.
    And Helya was neutral before player started working with Odyn.
    Stop twisting facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Enslaving people and twisting them to your whim is very much so a dark goal it’s exactly why we fight the litchking.
    I guess it is not a problem when Stormwindian conjurers do that.

"It's okay to enslave this person because someone else enslaved them first"

Does that not sound messed up to you?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It would be but when exactly do they do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    She had casus belli and she used it to claim some souls. There is nothing bad about it.
    its not that there is nothing bad about it, its rather the "oh you have no room to talk OP". The OP weeps about how the explorer's league is ohhh soo hypocritical, all the while forgetting what actually transpired in BfA. not to mention how he starts with explorer's league all the while completely ignoring before the storm to support his flawed argument. and when called out started the usual whine fest about arthas and scarlet crusade and then openly admitting that this was more about the faction rather than the explorer's league. an argument built like swiss cheese.

After all the events of Cata, MoP, WoD and BfA people should think twice before they post on about hypocrisies, because there have been assholes on both factions definitely but certain assholes have opened upon a whole level of it that there is now almost no room to point fingers at the opposing side (Which is actually the only legitimate problem with the lore currently).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Malfurion also says she lead the horde in the service of death or something to that affect which is closer to the truth than we realized at the time
    ah shit i had forgotten about that. honestly it makes me laugh when i go back and look at those things and then remember the storm of weeping on these boards. "Oh MA GAWD MALFURION so baadddd see SAURFANG that orc being buried alive is on YOUR hands!!!" all the while Sylvanas is in the back scratching another number on a board somewhere.

I will never forget how initially when Teldrassil burning was released someone actually wrote a full out paragraphed essay on how it was an inside job and the night elves themselves did it lol. lo and behold 2ish years later......what a crazy ride. Turns out its another warchief going to another dimension, again, in search of power, again.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Well I'm not sure I get OP's point, but I'm always on board to call the Alliance hypocrites.

Stonespire tribe was an Alliance atrocity. But I don't recall the Explorer's league being involved?

The attack on the Explorer's League came after the murder of Goblin miner's. The main hypocrisy there was pretending they were neutral when they were working to advance Alliance Azerite efforts over the Hordes.

Who cares? They're just cows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'm fine with it. It mimics people irl anyways, regardless of the platform used. Politics, religion, wars or global conflicts, and any other type of tribe/community grouping.

If group A does it, it's fine as long as you're in Group A. If Group B does it though? Group A froths at the mouth denouncing how immoral or evil or hypocritical Group B is. Vice versa with Group B.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    Who cares? They're just cows.
    This.

/10beefsteaks

its not that there is nothing bad about it, its rather the "oh you have no room to talk OP". The OP weeps about how the explorer's league is ohhh soo hypocritical, all the while forgetting what actually transpired in BfA. not to mention how he starts with explorer's league all the while completely ignoring before the storm to support his flawed argument. and when called out started the usual whine fest about arthas and scarlet crusade and then openly admitting that this was more about the faction rather than the explorer's league. an argument built like swiss cheese.

After all the events of Cata, MoP, WoD and BfA people should think twice before they post on about hypocrisies, because there have been assholes on both factions definitely but certain assholes have opened upon a whole level of it that there is now almost no room to point fingers at the opposing side (Which is actually the only legitimate problem with the lore currently).

- - - Updated - - -

ah shit i had forgotten about that. honestly it makes me laugh when i go back and look at those things and then remember the storm of weeping on these boards. "Oh MA GAWD MALFURION so baadddd see SAURFANG that orc being buried alive is on YOUR hands!!!" all the while Sylvanas is in the back scratching another number on a board somewhere.

I will never forget how initially when Teldrassil burning was released someone actually wrote a full out paragraphed essay on how it was an inside job and the night elves themselves did it lol. lo and behold 2ish years later......what a crazy ride. Turns out its another warchief going to another dimension, again, in search of power, again.
    My favorite forum theory was from the people saying maybe Teldrassil had gotten recorrupted and Sylvanas had to burn it to save Azeroth to try and spin her burning it into a noble thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    They are not mortals so they can be called celestial. If you want to be more specific, celestials are only from Pandaria.
    Aegwynn enslaved Aluneth and Xal'atath plotted with N'zoth to be free.
    Val'kyr are slaves to Odyn. Sylvanas just wanted to borrow them.
    And Helya was neutral before player started working with Odyn.
    Stop twisting facts.

- - - Updated - - -

being immortal does not make you celestial, celestial means you have a connection to the outer worlds.
    we did not enslave aluneth, aegwynn did, nor can we free aluneth, so we just bring him on adventures.
    xalatath works with us to get free of the dagger by nzoth, we did not enslave her ,we literally help free her in BFA
    valkyr are not slaves to odyn, only helya was, the rest all became valkyr of their own choice, you can see this in the halls of valor, someone needed to be the first, and that was helya, after that it was choice
    "borrow" she wanted to literally enslave them forever.
    no helya was not neutral, never was she neutral
    you need to stop twisting facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    The DRAENEI ruined Draenor, not the orcs. The orcs and the ogres literally had no concept og greater evil og that the legion even existed and instead of warning them the Draenei let the legion come to their doorstep and leave it a felshattered rock.
    BRUH. What happened to the entire WC2 Beyond the Dark Portal Plotline? Y'know, the one where Teron gathered the Scepter of Sargeras, Book of Medivh and Eye of Dalaran and gave it to Ner'zhul the Batshit Insane so that orcs would have more planets to conquer, followed by Ner'zhul completely wrecking Draenor and turning it into space debris?

Of fucking course they wouldn't tell the Orcs about the Legion. Why would they? Orcs were a shamanistic race that would be able to resist temptation in their eyes.

Orcs fucking destroyed Draenor. It's why they left that forsaken planet for Azeroth in the first place.
    "You stand at a dangerous crossroads. You can either stay here and be slaughtered by human hands... Or choose a darker path... To freedom."