Poll: Will Ion be replaced?

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Only crazy people like that much RNG in a game that is about getting the gear you want when it gets down to it though. There is no fun getting the same piece of gear to have it increase by 5 item levels and do nothing else, this isn't a Korean MMO.
    Idk, I don't care too much about gear personally so that's a non issue for me. I play a healer after all, so I am the bottom of the pecking order.
    As long as the group gets enough of it to clear the instance i'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Wow does desperately need housing, but people will tell you garrisons were housing and that failed and also WoW is only about instanced content (bgs / raids / dungeons). Anything that has to do with immersion, worldbuilding, customization or player expression and not with excessive stat manipulations and combat is frowned upon on this site.
    A perfect example of blizzard not caring about immersion / worldbuilding / the story is how much they remove from the game. The tree burning and the events surrounding it were completely removed from the game. The reason why the war started in the first place was removed the game.... A new player would literally have no idea what is going on. Just like how they removed the WoD legendary ring, the Wrathion cloak, the artifact weapons, the vanilla quests, battle for undercity in wrath, etc etc. It is shameful that they keep removing such important aspects of the story.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-12-05 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Idk, I don't care too much about gear personally so that's a non issue for me. I play a healer after all, so I am the bottom of the pecking order.
    As long as the group gets enough of it to clear the instance i'm happy.
    Well I even mean in the world, gear is power no matter how you look at it and getting a reward from a boring world quest that is the same reward you were getting for months with slightly higher (random) stats is not fun, and also no way to min max without being able to target the stats I want for a specific build is stupid too. If I want to built a leech set for example, it is 100% luck always. That is what they need to move away from.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

One thing I've learned from watching Ion. No matter how much players hate the expansion, he came prepared to that interview with the PR spin ready to go to tell us how good it really was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ion will stay around likely because he's a good team manager, and a knowledgeable face for the company to the customer base.

It would be nice if someday people smartened up a bit and understood that WoW is a consensus team design. That's both a strength and a weakness.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Totally his last expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Ion will stay around likely because he's a good team manager, and a knowledgeable face for the company to the customer base.

It would be nice if someday people smartened up a bit and understood that WoW is a consensus team design. That's both a strength and a weakness.
    you mean... using logic and reasoning before posting? SCOFF. this is MMO-C and we will BURN THE WITCH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    you mean... using logic and reasoning before posting? SCOFF. this is MMO-C and we will BURN THE WITCH
    It's a bad habit; I can't help myself. Once in a while I wander off the rails. Good times. The point about consensus design is usually missed here and whether or not Ion is a good team manager, while purely speculation, is never brought up. If he were a terrible team manager, there would be noises about it. I've never seen any.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So what you are saying is 'BFA failed because I didn't like it and its Ion's fault and that makes him incompetent'

I still see no 'facts'... I DO see you continuing to clutch at your opinions and try to spin them as 'facts'... Until you bring some facts our conversation is over.
    How is doing a thing, then changing it, promising to do the thing as it was originally intended and then canceling the thing an opinion?

You seem more like someone playing Devil's Advocate instead of listening to anything, in which case I might as well stop arguing as there's no reason to get through to someone that has decided to Devil's Advocate incompetence. I also never said BFA was a failure, you said I said that, so please go away.

I have to wonder if Ion, or anybody at Blizzard, knows that this is supposed to be his final expansion....

I really hope, wow downfall is solely to blame on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    How is doing a thing, then changing it, promising to do the thing as it was originally intended and then canceling the thing an opinion?

You seem more like someone playing Devil's Advocate instead of listening to anything, in which case I might as well stop arguing as there's no reason to get through to someone that has decided to Devil's Advocate incompetence. I also never said BFA was a failure, you said I said that, so please go away.
    There you go again claiming 'incompetence'... yet you offer zero evidence (your opinion is not, in fact, evidence)... Why do you do that when you know I'm going to point that out to you again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I have to wonder if Ion, or anybody at Blizzard, knows that this is supposed to be his final expansion....
    That is a really good question.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Will Shadowlands be the final expansion that Ion is the lead on? After the colossal failure that BfA turned out to be, there's a lot riding on Shadowlands. But so far, it seems most people are heavily underwhelmed by the Shadowlands already.

Will we see a new lead dev during Shadowlands or will Ion survive yet another expansion?
    Lmao. Yeah, sure. Let's replace Ion with someone else from his team and then by the end of Shadowlands once he's working for a different company and tweeting about his ideas on game design we can all idolise him and pretend you all loved him from the start and his creativity just got "stifled" by "Activi$ion". That would definitely be something that's never happened before and there's no way that the WoW community would scapegoat a single person for years until they left!

e:

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I really hope, wow downfall is solely to blame on him.
    Hahahaha. Nope, the WoW community would definitely do that. Remember guys, subs have been falling since Cata when Ion had no authority and was just designing raid encounters but he is solely responsible for "wow downfall"!
    Last edited by Nzx; 2019-12-07 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Hahahaha. Nope, the WoW community would definitely do that. Remember guys, subs have been falling since Cata when Ion had no authority and was just designing raid encounters but he is solely responsible for "wow downfall"!
    And cata had horrible raids... DS such an amazing raid right, so like I said, everything when he was given some power in decision making was a bad thing. And BfA was by far the worse expansion in 15 years.

5+ Year Old Account
    He will be primarily remembered for all of the many things he removed from the game.

And cata had horrible raids... DS such an amazing raid right, so like I said, everything when he was given some power in decision making was a bad thing. And BfA was by far the worse expansion in 15 years.
    Yeah definitely. Literally every single raid since Cata has been "horrible" and every raid before it was perfect. I wonder how weird a life you must lead for you to hate someone so much for something they didn't do, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Lmao. Yeah, sure. Let's replace Ion with someone else from his team and then by the end of Shadowlands once he's working for a different company and tweeting about his ideas on game design we can all idolise him and pretend you all loved him from the start and his creativity just got "stifled" by "Activi$ion". That would definitely be something that's never happened before and there's no way that the WoW community would scapegoat a single person for years until they left!
    snip---snip
    I see you're talking about Bob!

I wish Shadowlands to be the last expansion tbh. Blizzard should do a new game with a new engine.

No, and if it were, ya'll would instantly have cause to bitch in the exact same way about the guy/gal (heaven forbid tho, imagine the extra layers of hatred) replacing him.

In your opinion.