Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Alien ships - Server wide missions - Upgrading systems - Powerplay/guardian are just forms of missions
    Come on, this is ridiculous, the only this works if you choose to reduce things to their lowest denominator. You're purposely ignoring all the work that goes into these things in an attempt to make them less relevant.

- You can play the role of an engineer - story mode is SQ 42, PU will be the normal lore - only thing not in currently is alien structures but they will have multiple systems and at least a few cities.
    AKA none of this exists.

QT you can see the system around you
    Hardly, it does not compare. Post a screenshot from each game as comparison.

, can do admin tasks, maintain your ship
    Uh huh

and you can adjust course anytime you want
    Only if you stop and then replot your course, you cannot seamlessy alter direction. It does not compare.

, you can also be interdicted
    Yes you can but you have no warning it is going to happen and you have no way of escaping it. It does not compare.

SC has plenty of features already implemented, ED was technically lauched in an alpha state as it was missing tons of stuff but it built those things up over the years just like SC is doing.
    Yes it does have features, no one is disagreeing with that. You are the one claiming it has everything other games have, and more... which is patently false.
    And no, Elite was not launched in an alpha state lol. While there might not have been a huge amount of content everything worked correctly, there were minimal bugs, technically an alpha my ass.

Just give it up Kenn and let the thread go back to just talking about CIG and SC rather than watching you wave your limp dick everywhere
    Last edited by 1001; 2019-12-05 at 08:46 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe stop quoting the guy, put him on ignore and his shitposting will stop, since it's clear he's incapable of having a discussion without being a disingenuous fool.

Yeah that's an option and certainly one I'd been thinking about, at the same time it's good for a laugh.

I have to say with the ability to play it this week. I did really enjoy the game. it's visually stunning and runs better than I thought. I will be waiting to see what the next patch/phase brings to see if I want to invest in the game though. who knows.

The only sad thing is that the EU servers are horrid. The toxicity is seriously through the roof, although the US servers led to some of the most fun experiences I have had in recent years in any game.

And to be fair, trying to get to a ship for the first time and getting shanked is kinda hilarious. 10/10 for the person who murdered me in cold blood xD
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Come on, this is ridiculous, the only this works if you choose to reduce things to their lowest denominator. You're purposely ignoring all the work that goes into these things in an attempt to make them less relevant.

AKA none of this exists.

Hardly, it does not compare. Post a screenshot from each game as comparison.

Uh huh

Only if you stop and then replot your course, you cannot seamlessy alter direction. It does not compare.

Yes you can but you have no warning it is going to happen and you have no way of escaping it. It does not compare.

Yes it does have features, no one is disagreeing with that. You are the one claiming it has everything other games have, and more... which is patently false.
    And no, Elite was not launched in an alpha state lol. While there might not have been a huge amount of content everything worked correctly, there were minimal bugs, technically an alpha my ass.

Just give it up Kenn and let the thread go back to just talking about CIG and SC rather than watching you wave your limp dick everywhere
    Your the one ignoring the work put into SC and ignoring what it will have when launched, while it may be opinion the systems in SC are superior to ED, there is nothing ED offers over SC and thats ok as ED was not really built to be a full space experience, its mainly a single player game with the option to play with others where SC is built around the multiplayer experience.

Interdiction is something that shouldnt be avoidable, whats the point in a system to stop ships if you can just avoid it.

Compare ED now to when ED launched and you can see how much was added, it was a glorified alpha/beta until the planet landings were put in at the very least, SC currently has as many systems working as intended if not more than what ED had at launch. SC is doing things never been done before and has to make sure they work for the game first. ED had a 10 year development plan, its not a complete game and released with the bare minimum in content.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-12-06 at 12:55 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Your the one ignoring the work put into SC and ignoring what it will have when launched,
    THIS is the problem. It doesn't matter what it will have. It matters what it has NOW. You don't know if any or all or in between of those 'will haves' are actually going to make it. You think because they say it will have X, Y and Z that it matters NOW. What if Y never happens. You apologize? Of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    THIS is the problem. It doesn't matter what it will have. It matters what it has NOW. You don't know if any or all or in between of those 'will haves' are actually going to make it. You think because they say it will have X, Y and Z that it matters NOW. What if Y never happens. You apologize? Of course not.
    It matters what it will have, we know much of what will be implemented and if you dont take that into consideration then your not making a complete assessment of the game, current version of the game is pretty good and enjoyable and could be considered a game by a rights but its not a complete one, even ED is not complete.
    Its like saying it doesnt matter what diablo 4 has at launch but we know some of the features it will include, just because its not developed doesnt mean it cant be included as a feature.

Your the one ignoring the work put into SC and ignoring what it will have when launched,
    Sigh. No Kenn I am not. I have repeatedly said SC has things Elite does not have and vice versa. How can I be saying that and ignoring it at the same time. What a game will supposedly have at "launch" is irrelevant because plans change dramatically over time, something evidenced already with Star Citizen. What is available at this point in time is what's important, especially if people like yourself want to make comparisons.

while it may be opinion the systems in SC are superior to ED, there is nothing ED offers over SC and thats ok as ED was not really built to be a full space experience, its mainly a single player game with the option to play with others where SC is built around the multiplayer experience.
    Yes Kenn, sure thing Kenn, You carry right on believeing this if you need to so that you can maintain your faith in the project...

Interdiction is something that shouldnt be avoidable, whats the point in a system to stop ships if you can just avoid it.
    Yes Kenn, sure thing Kenn, You carry right on believeing this if you need to so that you can maintain your faith in the project...

Compare ED now to when ED launched and you can see how much was added, it was a glorified alpha/beta until the planet landings were put in at the very least, SC currently has as many systems working as intended if not more than what ED had at launch. SC is doing things never been done before and has to make sure they work for the game first. ED had a 10 year development plan, its not a complete game and released with the bare minimum in content.

If it's not clear, we're done here

It matters what it will have, we know much of what will be implemented and if you dont take that into consideration then your not making a complete assessment of the game, current version of the game is pretty good and enjoyable and could be considered a game by a rights but its not a complete one, even ED is not complete.
    Its like saying it doesnt matter what diablo 4 has at launch but we know some of the features it will include, just because its not developed doesnt mean it cant be included as a feature.
    This is crazy talk. During Elite Dangerous's development, and for some time after, they had the Design Discussion Forum. A place where the developers hashed out mechanics and gameplay ideas in elaborate detail. Using your logic people would need to peruse that forum to take the details into consideration when making an assessment of the game due to the fact they could be implemented in the future, or fleshed out if they are in an early stage.

Are you taking the details contained within that forum into consideration when making an assessment of Elite? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster0 View Post
    This is crazy talk. During Elite Dangerous's development, and for some time after, they had the Design Discussion Forum. A place where the developers hashed out mechanics and gameplay ideas in elaborate detail. Using your logic people would need to peruse that forum to take the details into consideration when making an assessment of the game due to the fact they could be implemented in the future, or fleshed out if they are in an early stage.

Are you taking the details contained within that forum into consideration when making an assessment of Elite? I think not.
    You can only take actual facts of what content is to come in a game, unless it has been said its going to be implemented in an official capacity then you cant count it as something that will come ingame. We already know what content is coming in SC, even season 4 for Elite Dangerous adds nothing we currently know that SC has not already done or is doing in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Sigh. No Kenn I am not. I have repeatedly said SC has things Elite does not have and vice versa. How can I be saying that and ignoring it at the same time. What a game will supposedly have at "launch" is irrelevant because plans change dramatically over time, something evidenced already with Star Citizen. What is available at this point in time is what's important, especially if people like yourself want to make comparisons.

If it's not clear, we're done here
    What does Elite have that SC wont have

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530;51929716.
    Do you seriously not see how biased this question is?
    "What does Elite have(today) that SC won't have(unspecified time in the future)".

Are you actually serious?

You can only take actual facts of what content is to come in a game, unless it has been said its going to be implemented in an official capacity then you cant count it as something that will come ingame. We already know what content is coming in SC, even season 4 for Elite Dangerous adds nothing we currently know that SC has not already done or is doing in the future.
    How do you reconcile that line of thinking with the stated designs, which existed on Cloud Imperium Game's website for the last six years, being removed a few months ago? This was content outlined in an official capacity supposedly coming to the game but now it isn't, certainly not in that form.
    Development is a state of flux, decisions change due to time, money, difficulty constraints. To say you know what content is coming is to put the cart before the horse. It remains an uncertainty until it is implemented.

If I may answer this. Frontier have not elaborated on their plans. Essentially this means no one can predict the future content hence saying Star Citizen will have everything Elite Dangerous will have is an assumptive fallacy.

An actual full game release.

https://starcitizentracker.github.io/

I dont know if im allowed to post links but here ya go. So far they are mostly not delivering

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Pfft, you silly naysayer! Don’t you know that SC will just be like real-life but in space? You just wait until they delay the project in 2047 in order to implement a NerveGear system!

Seriously though, I wonder if he also went trough this with Freelancer, right before the project was sold to Microsoft, having a fuck ton of features cut off in order to release the game in our life-time.
    Yes, it have.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    An actual full game release.
    You could say ED is not a full game release, compare it to when it was launched its a whole another level of what it was and its still not complete, a game is never going to be fully released. There is no difference in a game that is released but is still getting developed for 10 more years than a game still in development but can play the most uptodate version.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster0 View Post
    How do you reconcile that line of thinking with the stated designs, which existed on Cloud Imperium Game's website for the last six years, being removed a few months ago? This was content outlined in an official capacity supposedly coming to the game but now it isn't, certainly not in that form.
    Development is a state of flux, decisions change due to time, money, difficulty constraints. To say you know what content is coming is to put the cart before the horse. It remains an uncertainty until it is implemented.

If I may answer this. Frontier have not elaborated on their plans. Essentially this means no one can predict the future content hence saying Star Citizen will have everything Elite Dangerous will have is an assumptive fallacy.
    I only make a judgement from whats currently available ingame and whats known to be included in the game, most of the basic systems are already inplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    https://starcitizentracker.github.io/

I dont know if im allowed to post links but here ya go. So far they are mostly not delivering

- - - Updated - - -
    what are they not delivering on, do you understand this project and what they are trying to acheive with much less staff than most other studios, they are very open with the development of the project.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-12-06 at 11:03 PM.

what are they not delivering on, do you understand this project and what they are trying to acheive with much less staff than most other studios, they are very open with the development of the project.
    Here we go again with this shit. About their staff problems and only getting how many millions of dollars? Quit trying to apologize for them.

- - - Updated - - -

I only make a judgement from whats currently available ingame and whats known to be included in the game, most of the basic systems are already inplace.
    Okay how about you make judgements and compare what is in both games NOW and not what future things MIGHT come around.

- - - Updated - - -

You could say ED is not a full game release
    You could. Of course you'd be wrong.

Here we go again with this shit. About their staff problems and only getting how many millions of dollars? Quit trying to apologize for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay how about you make judgements and compare what is in both games NOW and not what future things MIGHT come around.

- - - Updated - - -

You could. Of course you'd be wrong.
    I have already made a judgement on both games as of now and in my opinion SC is better, and i wouldnt be wrong as ED was not a full game release at launch and even SC will not be a full game release when it launches, so it is you who is wrong, these types of games are never complete games.

I have already made a judgement on both games as of now and in my opinion SC is better, and i wouldnt be wrong as ED was not a full game release at launch and even SC will not be a full game release when it launches, so it is you who is wrong, these types of games are never complete games.
    You're the one trying to compare things that are supposedly coming in the future in SC to things that are already in ED. That is where you're being called out on one of the many false things you love to say. No one cares which game you view as better as that is irrelevant.

You're the one trying to compare things that are supposedly coming in the future in SC to things that are already in ED. That is where you're being called out on one of the many false things you love to say. No one cares which game you view as better as that is irrelevant.
    Why dont you elaborate on what i have said that is false, any systems i have mentioned are ones that are guaranteed to be in the game or are already ingame, you obviously care enough to constantly be posting in the first place.

Your falsehoods have been pointed out to you repeatedly in our back and forth. You play down every difference as though none of them matter while holding up non-implemented designs as though they are confirmed and guaranteed.

You are not discussing this in good faith.