Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Yes, the Item Restoration page filter was intentionally removed due to an issue with it. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA to provide for when it may be re-enabled but it is not expected at this time to be a permanent change to the Item Restoration tool.
    What does that change?

The rest was pointless and was acknowledged by the other poster.

Was the only point I was addressing. They did give a reason, it was broken.

It's not even an argument, it's a clarification. Not sure where you're coming from even.
    If anything it better supports your point, that Blizz didn't remove the search function 'to stop it being used as free storage', and intended to put it back (if they can fix the issue).

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It supposed to give you an ability to restore an item you accidentally deleted, not to restore items that you regret deleting some long time ago
    Ya, just wanted to highlight this because its the answer.

Surprised they even have the pages go that far back.

This is not the purpose of functionality.

There should be a search feature, but you should not be demanding one just because you didn't have the foresight to save gear.
    In the old days, we kept our banks filled with stuff you only thought you'd need on the off chance.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I'd never imagine you could mistake light swearing for 'raging', but I guess when you're projecting...
    Hahaha. Trend was right. Another emotional comment.

It would be nice if they brought search back but because no reason was given then a good assumption is that they don't want people to use item restore as a storage device for gear. No one else has put anything up as a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Jesus christ, there literally is nothing people won't bitch about.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    ... But they did.

It wasn't working.

That IS a reason.

Did they give details exactly how, no.
    But they DID give a reason. Something was broken.
    No one said they didn't. Moving on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    No one said they didn't. Moving on.
    People in this thread were debating just that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    People in this thread were debating just that.
    I didn't and the person he quoted didn't.
    Last edited by Gevoth; 2019-12-06 at 03:00 AM.

What are we arguing about, anymore?

I'd love to have the search and filter functions returned to the Item Recovery System, but I suppose of they wanna keep it from becoming a makeshift bank space (somehow), maybe you can only recover items within a month. Everything past that is long gone.

There have been times where myself or guildmates have sold something we didn't intend on selling, and only realized it long after the fact. It is kind of a drag to search through pages and pages of item backlog where a search or filter function would be a godsend.

I didn't and the person he quoted didn't.
    What? The post in question was arguing on how blizzard didn't give a reason why the search function was removed, Jester uses a blue post to prove that they did. Is that not a debate?
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    Talk about a lazy ass design.

Wanted to restore some old Azerite pieces for an off spec just to be greeted by a message telling me I have 4600 items separated into 460 pages with no search function or way to filter/sort said items by itemlevel or slot, quality w/e.

use f3 "Weapon axe" etc
    or F3 the names.
    yeah it used to have a search function but it was SUPER laggy.

- - - Updated - - -

... But they did.

It wasn't working.

That IS a reason.

Did they give details exactly how, no.
    But they DID give a reason. Something was broken.
    Oh here you go.

"Yes, the Item Restoration page filter was intentionally removed due to an issue with it. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA to provide for when it may be re-enabled but it is not expected at this time to be a permanent change to the Item Restoration tool."

Remembered this but couldnt remember why, guess it was that lag, i remember it was super laggy, and sometimes searching stuff would right out clear the list of "Stuff to be restorted" meaning you couldnt search if you wanted to restore multiple things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Yea, it's fucking stupid now. There wasn't an issue with the search. It worked great. I used it a number of times, as it was available.

It also used to let you check an item and it would create a list of checked items throughout the list, on the right side of the page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Multitorix Davlen View Post
    What? The post in question was arguing on how blizzard didn't give a reason why the search function was removed, Jester uses a blue post to prove that they did. Is that not a debate?
    No.

"It's a tool that supposed to help you restore item you accidentally deleted, it's not a free storage for items that you deleted weeks or months ago, neither it is a tool to gear up your offspec, because you decided that now you want your gear back. So, yeah, search function removal is not random and i just explained why it was removed."

"They never gave a reason for the removal like what you're saying for the search function and in fact said it would return at a later date. Source, before you start asking: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...737543#post-12"

Then comes Joe saying the 2nd post is bullshit.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Occar View Post
    They did not give the reason. It worked. It was not broken (which is what you claim). We can only speculate as to why they temporarily pulled it and left it that way. "It has an issue" isn't a reason. If they had said "It can be used to find deleted items from other characters and restore them to a different character, so we have locked that functionality until we fix it", then that would be a reason. Unfortunately, that temporary change has in effect become permanent.
    From a developer’s perspective, it could have been several different issues that resulted in the removal. The exact reason is basically irrelevant for them to disclose.

There could have been a security issue that was discovered, there could have been an api change, there could have been performance issues that came up/were discovered, there could have been a bug in certain conditions that caused errors server side. Whatever the reason is, simplifying it down to “it wasn’t working”, is fine. They do not need to get technical or specific to prove to you that what they said is accurate. They said it’s broken, it probably is/was to some degree.

Now I do agree that the current status sucks without filters, and I certainly can think of scenarios where filters would be necessary for restoring an item that was accidentally deleted several hundred items ago.

But point is accept it, move on, they will fix it when they fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone who is actually curious as to what happened and if it was intentional or not.

Tides of Vengeance patch was deployed on the Public Test Realm on September 21, 2018.
    In the patch came titan residuum. Titan residuum had to be added to the potential CoD costs for the restore feature.

The filter/search options blue post confirming is October 18, 2018.

Speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's a tool that supposed to help you restore item you accidentally deleted, it's not a free storage for items that you deleted weeks or months ago, neither it is a tool to gear up your offspec, because you decided that now you want your gear back. So, yeah, search function removal is not random and i just explained why it was removed.

Imagine writing a ticket like this "hello, i deleted an item back in august and i want it back, because i figured that i'd like to gear up my offspec"

This would be next to impossible, as the current system makes it so it is next to impossible to write a ticket for ANY issue.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Oh here you go.

"Yes, the Item Restoration page filter was intentionally removed due to an issue with it. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA to provide for when it may be re-enabled but it is not expected at this time to be a permanent change to the Item Restoration tool."

Remembered this but couldnt remember why, guess it was that lag, i remember it was super laggy, and sometimes searching stuff would right out clear the list of "Stuff to be restorted" meaning you couldnt search if you wanted to restore multiple things.
    I can't even remember the search bar working in the first place honestly, and I didn't even realize it was gone.

No.

"It's a tool that supposed to help you restore item you accidentally deleted, it's not a free storage for items that you deleted weeks or months ago, neither it is a tool to gear up your offspec, because you decided that now you want your gear back. So, yeah, search function removal is not random and i just explained why it was removed."

"They never gave a reason for the removal like what you're saying for the search function and in fact said it would return at a later date. Source, before you start asking: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...737543#post-12"

Then comes Joe saying the 2nd post is bullshit.

Have a nice day.
    I get what you're trying to say now, but man if you don't see why people are reacting this way when you're being hostile/sarcastic about the entire thing.

I never said it was "bullshit". I asked where they were coming from because the wording was weird, and then you darting in with your comment instead of a "Hey I think you misread it".

And either way, Charge was right that it wasn't just randomly removed. /shrug

So you deleted your items months ago, and probably used those materials and expulsom for something else, and now you want them back for something maybe like disenchant ? And are mad that you can't do that ? And you expect people to sympathyze with you ? And you blame their site for all these issues ? Well instead of making this useless post you could go farm items instead and stop complaining like a little baby. The site is meant to restore items you accidentally deleted or sold, it's not meant to be like a graveyard-bank type of thing. I recommend you go and start farming instead of bitching

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Yeah, they could have just kept it to petitioning a GM in a ticket...
    Be funny if they did go back to the ask a GM to recover an item method, then can imagine the tsunami of whinge from those like the OP.. Be quite entertaining to witness it happening.. Because right now I would not blame Blizzard if they removed the service completely..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Jesus christ, there literally is nothing people won't bitch about.
    It is quite sad when you think about it, as another poster said they could of just kept the petition a GM to do it..

- - - Updated - - -

I can't even remember the search bar working in the first place honestly, and I didn't even realize it was gone.
    The other thing with the search option is know what the item that was deleted was called.. If it was months ago then I doubt many would remember.. Also I am not really sure, but I think that there might also a limit to how long an item is kept on that database before it is gone forever..

10+ Year Old Account
    I get what you're trying to say now, but man if you don't see why people are reacting this way when you're being hostile/sarcastic about the entire thing.
    Sorry man. No hard feelings. I honestly thought you were just screwing with me at some point there. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I'd never imagine you could mistake light swearing for 'raging', but I guess when you're projecting...
    LOL, ok sure. I thought you were raging because of light swearing and not because you sound like an angry d'bag in pretty much every post. You caught me!

I mean if you don't want to answer my question that's cool, you don't owe me anything. Such an odd deflection is bizarre though.