Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There will NEVER be another class.

Legion's order halls saw to that, and the upcoming leveling squish in Shadowlands is the final nail in the coffin: if you can choose to spend your entire leveling experience in Legion, it would essentially be broken for any new class without creating an order hall. If blizzard can't even lift race/class restrictions because they'd have to make totems and druid forms, there's no fucking way they'd implement a TON of content for a years-bygone expansion for a new class.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

because blizzard cant even handle making their current classes fun to play and fleshed out, how are they gonna handle any more?
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    As the title says, why are we not getting a new class. The way expansions worked in the past has been quite consistant.

Vanilla - all original classes and races
    BC - New races
    Wrath - New class
    Cata - New races
    MoP - Both new class and race
    WoD - nothing due to MoP offering both
    Legion - New class
    End of Legion, Almost all of BFA - New races.

In keeping with tradition, we should be getting either a new class or both a class and race. I wonder what gives. I did see a youtube video where someone alluded to a new class (necromancer) but I think that is doubtful. Does anyone else think there might or might not be a new race for a specific reason. I personally wanted a new class but I know that an overhaul of the current classes and leveling is more important. Let me know what yall think.
    No, wod had nothing because it was "supposed" to get races, and instead focused on updating the current races.
    shadowlands is doing just that but for classes.

also as said by blizzard many times, that whole thing is not real, proven by mop doing both, and wod doing neither, its just they work on a class and race usually at all times, but by the time they are ready to be implemented they are seperated.

They literally said no new classes in shadowlands, in many of the interviews, and blizzcon, surprised you did not know this.
    they are working on making the current classes much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Perfect balance is an issue for PVP'ers or something like that. I don't care if a new class is 5% higher than the next on the damage meter, even if I won't make it my main. New stuff = fun.
    Hahah alright well idk why you would be on these forums for 10 years with 5702 posts but never play wow for a single day.
    b ut nah, literally so many people every single day cry that both in PVE and PVP "My class is X% weaker then Y class, this is bullshit!"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    reskinned races can hardly be called a 'new race', they are joke of the idea of races in wow to be called race
    as for why the answer is easy, BFA has less than half of legion and costs the same, they trying to do the least work for max profit, they did fire after all 10% of entire work staff, the result will be shown everywhere, bobby kodick needed to increase his salary by 15%, he already only the most overpayed CEO in usa history, need to keep that position
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    reskinned races can hardly be called a 'new race', they are joke of the idea of races in wow to be called race
    as for why the answer is easy, BFA has less than half of legion and costs the same, they trying to do the least work for max profit, they did fire after all 10% of entire work staff, the result will be shown everywhere, bobby kodick needed to increase his salary by 15%, he already only the most overpayed CEO in usa history, need to keep that position
    1. not reskins, kultirans, mechagnomes, vulpera, etc, all not reksins, they are brand new models, just not new skeletons.
    2. thats why they are not called races, they are called ALLIED RACES.
    3. i much rather 10-12 allied races with tons of new mounts, racials, and apperances, then 1-2 races that are so super limited. your acting as if they simply plop on a new texture to these allied races and "welp thats a new allied race NEXT!"
    4. half the stuff? what you talking about?
    5. "work staff" umm what? they didnt fire work staff.
    6. bobby kodick increased his salery? link please, also no he is not the most overpayed CEO in USA history, you fucking serious? have you even HEARD of amazon?

"Top 100 overpaid US CEO's"
    Activision Blizzard’s CEO Bobby Kotick’s pay is $28,698,375. This is an overpayment of almost $13 million, according to As You Sow’s estimates. He was the 45th most overpaid CEO on the list.

Yeah no, seriosuly dude? you gunna claim such insanely stupid shit to make your argument look bad?
    compare to Electronic Arts, Inc. head, Andrew Wilson, is paid $35,728,764. This is about $19.7 million too much, according to As You Sow. Wilson rounded out the end of the list, appearing at number 98.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-12-06 at 03:25 AM.

I have a feeling they won't be releasing new classes with the launch of an expansion anymore. The reason I say that is because of subscription numbers.

Blizzard knows people will buy the expansion because it's an expansion. Some play expansions because of the new class. But I'm thinking, they will release a new class with a patch in the future because that brings subscriptions back up. Players will resub for a new class, just like people have been resubbing for allied races.

You watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post

Legion's order halls saw to that, and the upcoming leveling squish in Shadowlands is the final nail in the coffin: if you can choose to spend your entire leveling experience in Legion, it would essentially be broken for any new class without creating an order hall. If blizzard can't even lift race/class restrictions because they'd have to make totems and druid forms, there's no fucking way they'd implement a TON of content for a years-bygone expansion for a new class.
    5 years from now, I don't see why Blizzard could not create a new class without creating a class hall for it. As interesting as it may have been, I'm unsure it will matter that much to most people. No tier set from T0 to T6 has ever been added for dk (repeat the same process for monks and dh).
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    Why do we need a new class every other expansion, though? Is there a point where we have too many classes to balance properly?
    This. Just this. We don't need more classes, we need good classes from what we already have.

The allied races have been thoroughly introduced (lore wise). New skeletons, new customisations, special quest chains and requirements to unlock them, heritage armor, new racials, mounts (incl paladin ones), druid forms ...
    I won't call these additions "lazy", and we got 10 of them.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. not reskins, kultirans, mechagnomes, vulpera, etc, all not reksins, they are brand new models, just not new skeletons.
    2. thats why they are not called races, they are called ALLIED RACES.
    3. i much rather 10-12 allied races with tons of new mounts, racials, and apperances, then 1-2 races that are so super limited. your acting as if they simply plop on a new texture to these allied races and "welp thats a new allied race NEXT!"
    4. half the stuff? what you talking about?
    5. "work staff" umm what? they didnt fire work staff.
    6. bobby kodick increased his salery? link please, also no he is not the most overpayed CEO in USA history, you fucking serious? have you even HEARD of amazon?

"Top 100 overpaid US CEO's"
    Activision Blizzard’s CEO Bobby Kotick’s pay is $28,698,375. This is an overpayment of almost $13 million, according to As You Sow’s estimates. He was the 45th most overpaid CEO on the list.

Yeah no, seriosuly dude? you gunna claim such insanely stupid shit to make your argument look bad?
    compare to Electronic Arts, Inc. head, Andrew Wilson, is paid $35,728,764. This is about $19.7 million too much, according to As You Sow. Wilson rounded out the end of the list, appearing at number 98.
    1/2- they are still half assed in compare to actual full fledged races, blizz call them allied (that's their official name) i call them reskin because they just paint new skin on already existing npcs and done, profit for low effort, they don't even get a city
    3- they already ruining pve/pvp with racials, introducing even more won't solve that, it makes me wonder why did they even say they regret introduce racials, only to make even more?
    4- what everyone said about BFA, in case u didn't notice new stuff is sh8t and they reduced ur spells and abilities, they didn't even care to give new talent row
    5- they fired 10% of entire work force, doubt they were all janitors
    6- most overpayed gaming ceo, amazon is a total different story, if we going to talk about bad things any company do even non gaming then activision is an angel in compare to nestle, but i thought i'm at a gaming website i didn't need to point the obvious i'm talking about gaming companies only (and they did beat EA as u can see in link)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sangfoudre View Post
    The allied races have been thoroughly introduced (lore wise). New skeletons, new customisations, special quest chains and requirements to unlock them, heritage armor, new racials, mounts (incl paladin ones), druid forms ...
    I won't call these additions "lazy", and we got 10 of them.
    there are many races that introduced new lore but didn't need to be reskinned, like Arrakoa or Etherals, they also introduced new customization and as npc also offered quests etc
    If they want to introduce new race it should be full fledged race, Zandalari is just troll hd, Lightforge are draenei hd, and so on
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post

Nonsense, at Blizzcon 2019 they mentioned that they're still open to adding new classes when the theme/timing is right. What would most likely happen is that a new class would be 'locked out' of leveling through Legion since they wouldn't have an order hall, artifacts, etc. BFA is the mandatory leveling experience for a new player, so they'd probably be the same for a new class.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    1/2- they are still half assed in compare to actual full fledged races, blizz call them allied (that's their official name) i call them reskin because they just paint new skin on already existing npcs and done, profit for low effort, they don't even get a city
    3- they already ruining pve/pvp with racials, introducing even more won't solve that, it makes me wonder why did they even say they regret introduce racials, only to make even more?
    4- what everyone said about BFA, in case u didn't notice new stuff is sh8t and they reduced ur spells and abilities, they didn't even care to give new talent row
    5- they fired 10% of entire work force, doubt they were all janitors
    6- most overpayed gaming ceo, amazon is a total different story, if we going to talk about bad things any company do even non gaming then activision is an angel in compare to nestle, but i thought i'm at a gaming website i didn't need to point the obvious i'm talking about gaming companies only (and they did beat EA as u can see in link)
    1. again not reskins, show me what kultirans, vulpera, nightborne, mechagnomes, etc are all "reskins" of. also again, they arnt as indepth as normal races, no new skeletons, but that is the literal only thing. but guess what, we get 5-10 times more of them then races, so fuck yes.
    2. yeah nah, racials have always been a thing, giving more options is better, cause then instead of it being "this one is super powerful, this faction is OP" there is "well there is 4 good on horde and 4 good on alliance so go whatever"
    3. Legion ddint have a new talent row either... Azerite gear intoroduced TONS of "talents" aswell as essences, allowing INSANE amounts of customizartion
    4. again, no, they were QA, esports, CM, GM, and other NON DEVELOPEMENT jobs, that they then replaced with developers.
    5. lol changing your bullshit? again EA CEO is paid far more then bobby kotick, you keep saying "BOBBY IS PAID WAY MORE THEN ANY CEO IN THE HISTORY OF THE USA" then i point to you "no, he is in the bottom 50 of the top 100 overpaid ceo's of CURRENT time" then you change it to 'BOBBY IS MORE PAID THEN ANY GAMING CEO" again wrong, EA for example is paid far more, and is in the top 3 of the top 100 overpaid CEO's.

i love how you cant even count numbers.

Electronic Arts, Inc. head, Andrew Wilson, is paid $35,728,764. This is about $19.7 million too much, according to As You Sow. Wilson rounded out the end of the list, appearing at number 98.

bobby=13 mil overpay
    EA= 19.7 mil overpay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly the dumbest post I've read all week. Good lord.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

In WoD's credit they did completely revamp old models, which was likely more work than all previous races combined.

as for the original question... i dont know.
    I was suspecting that they expect that the new customization will be enough to substitute new races.
    im not gonna say it wont since they are technically adding in new races by that like sandfury trolls to the horde, but its not the same as a new race at all.

The leveling revamp looks like a huge change that i am looking forward to, i might even level up some new alts when it launches.

DKs for allied races honestly isnt a selling point to me and just seems stupid. i actually like it when certain classes are restricted to certain races and i hate that some races can be DKs.

I do think they should have added in a new class, but a lot of what we have seen so far looks like blizz fixing things and doing some spring cleaning. If that is the case, id gladly take them revamping many clunky classes and specs to fix some gameplay issues. However the only thing we have heard from that is 'returning to class' which sounds like they are adding back shitty abilities that deserved to be pruned so im honestly not looking forward to it at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    its a small indie company

10+ Year Old Account
    1. again not reskins, show me what kultirans, vulpera, nightborne, mechagnomes, etc are all "reskins" of. also again, they arnt as indepth as normal races, no new skeletons, but that is the literal only thing. .
    Just wanted to point out that Kul Tirans do in fact have an all new skeleton/animation rig. And Vulpera/Mechagnomes both have a ton of animations that are unique to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    DKs for allied races honestly isnt a selling point to me and just seems stupid. i actually like it when certain classes are restricted to certain races and i hate that some races can be DKs.
    Which makes no sense at all, because someone like the Lich King who wants to build an army isn't going to go 'ew, no, not an elf death knight'. He's going to raise any corpse that is put before him.

And a lot of people have asked for allied race death knights. It makes sense considering Bolvar is active now, and we just had a huge faction war/lost tons of people in Nazjatar, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Just wanted to point out that Kul Tirans do in fact have an all new skeleton/animation rig. And Vulpera/Mechagnomes both have a ton of animations that are unique to them.
    Yeah i know, but sam cant even get the idea of this.

I suspect a lot of it is due to the classic diehards, their mentality of despising anything not in the original game carries over, and overly negative feedback can actually have an impact. Anyone who ever watches the arena tournaments should look at the chat, and see how much they absolutely dumps on monks, demon hunters and death knights no matter how strong or weak they are. The last thing needed is more crap for them to struggle to balance, while trying not to homogenize everything further than it already is, leading to silly new gimmicks that everyone playing the old classes hates.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. again not reskins, show me what kultirans, vulpera, nightborne, mechagnomes, etc are all "reskins" of. also again, they arnt as indepth as normal races, no new skeletons, but that is the literal only thing. but guess what, we get 5-10 times more of them then races, so fuck yes.
    2. yeah nah, racials have always been a thing, giving more options is better, cause then instead of it being "this one is super powerful, this faction is OP" there is "well there is 4 good on horde and 4 good on alliance so go whatever"
    3. Legion ddint have a new talent row either... Azerite gear intoroduced TONS of "talents" aswell as essences, allowing INSANE amounts of customizartion
    4. again, no, they were QA, esports, CM, GM, and other NON DEVELOPEMENT jobs, that they then replaced with developers.
    5. lol changing your bullshit? again EA CEO is paid far more then bobby kotick, you keep saying "BOBBY IS PAID WAY MORE THEN ANY CEO IN THE HISTORY OF THE USA" then i point to you "no, he is in the bottom 50 of the top 100 overpaid ceo's of CURRENT time" then you change it to 'BOBBY IS MORE PAID THEN ANY GAMING CEO" again wrong, EA for example is paid far more, and is in the top 3 of the top 100 overpaid CEO's.

i love how you cant even count numbers.

Electronic Arts, Inc. head, Andrew Wilson, is paid $35,728,764. This is about $19.7 million too much, according to As You Sow. Wilson rounded out the end of the list, appearing at number 98.

bobby=13 mil overpay
    EA= 19.7 mil overpay.
    1- Do i really need to state that? ok...
    emo elves: belfs
    draenei hd : draenei
    dwarf hd: dwarf
    kul'tiran: the only actual unique new race as pointed out in Q&A, yes out of all 10 reskinned races, a single one did need as much work as an actual new race, that still doesn't change fact they didn't add the usual set of new race of capital etc
    mechagnomes: gnomes (can't u tell from name seriously?)

nightborne : nelf (they even share same dance, didn't u notice?)
    tauren hd: tauren
    orcs hd : orcs
    trolls hd : trolls
    furry goblins : goblins

2- no it is not! racials were bane of both pve and pvp, just see WoD pvp for example (since entire tournament is uploaded on wow official youtube channel), the tournament was humans any class + nelf druid or dwarf shaman
    Adding more racial won't bring any balance, just cash to race change for hardcore pve/pvpers (there was even a world first raid that race changed for advantage, can't remember which raid so won't link it, u can take that with grain of salt or ignore it)

3-I didn't claim not adding new talent row is a good thing, also Legion added the entire new pvp talent system that had many new unique talents, as for azerite most of its 'upgrades' are sh8t and shared in many gear, across classes and specs even

4- as u can see here no they didn't, they fired ppl from every department including art department, then posted to hire new ppl who do multi jobs instead of fired ones, u can read article for details if u want but short answer : they fired from every department everywhere

5- i didn't change my 'bullsh8t', u are just flat out trolling
    i showed u link with video, u can see it in detail, it shows how bobby beat EA in term of most overpayed, yet u ignore it and still insist on numbers with no link or source, that's trolling

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    In WoD's credit they did completely revamp old models, which was likely more work than all previous races combined.
    WoD changed entire wow data system
    I used to datamine in wow back in .mpq days, current type i don't, it needs totally different system so i just gave up
    I only did dig in first place anyway to just get music and sound out, something now even wowhead has links for, no more need to work for that
    Thrall

7+ Year Old Account
    1- Do i really need to state that? ok...
    emo elves: belfs
    draenei hd : draenei
    dwarf hd: dwarf
    kul'tiran: the only actual unique new race as pointed out in Q&A, yes out of all 10 reskinned races, a single one did need as much work as an actual new race, that still doesn't change fact they didn't add the usual set of new race of capital etc
    mechagnomes: gnomes (can't u tell from name seriously?)

nightborne : nelf (they even share same dance, didn't u notice?)
    tauren hd: tauren
    orcs hd : orcs
    trolls hd : trolls
    furry goblins : goblins

2- no it is not! racials were bane of both pve and pvp, just see WoD pvp for example (since entire tournament is uploaded on wow official youtube channel), the tournament was humans any class + nelf druid or dwarf shaman
    Adding more racial won't bring any balance, just cash to race change for hardcore pve/pvpers (there was even a world first raid that race changed for advantage, can't remember which raid so won't link it, u can take that with grain of salt or ignore it)

3-I didn't claim not adding new talent row is a good thing, also Legion added the entire new pvp talent system that had many new unique talents, as for azerite most of its 'upgrades' are sh8t and shared in many gear, across classes and specs even

4- as u can see here no they didn't, they fired ppl from every department including art department, then posted to hire new ppl who do multi jobs instead of fired ones, u can read article for details if u want but short answer : they fired from every department everywhere

5- i didn't change my 'bullsh8t', u are just flat out trolling
    i showed u link with video, u can see it in detail, it shows how bobby beat EA in term of most overpayed, yet u ignore it and still insist on numbers with no link or source, that's trolling

- - - Updated - - -

WoD changed entire wow data system
    I used to datamine in wow back in .mpq days, current type i don't, it needs totally different system so i just gave up
    I only did dig in first place anyway to just get music and sound out, something now even wowhead has links for, no more need to work for that
    1. didnt know gnomes had mech hands and body parts made of metal, oh wait they dont, its the same skeleton, but a 100% brand new model.
    Same with trolls, again its a brandn ew model, its not just HD trolls.
    Same with vulpera, they arnt just furry goblins, they have new tail animations, and also have very different shapes, again

2. say what you want, racials are amazing and gives a unqiue level of customization that makes races actually mean something
    3. you said "they didn't even care to give new talent row" so yeah, yeah you did... also BFA introduced the new pvp talent system, 100% better IMO, and about azerite, atleast you get customization, compared to Legion's artifact were you just unlocked everything, so all X spec played alike. also you forget essences.
    4. where does it say they fired developers int hat post? oh wait it doesent.
    5. yes you said "highest overpaid CEO in the history of USA' i showed you that wass 100% wrong, so you changed it to Gaming CEO, which was still wrong.
    again

bobby=13 mil overpay
    EA= 19.7 mil overpay.

https://www.asyousow.org/report/the-...paid-ceos-2019

here is the literal article you keep talking about, but refuse to look at.