Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Remember folks. No one is defending them or their actions.
    So explaining actions of criminals and their motives means defending them? I guess this means prosecutors who are convicting criminals who say... "so and so took x hostage to protect themselves" they're actually defending the criminal?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    That would require them to get out of the car, which would mean they're on foot at some point. Do you even know what the poster I'm quoting said? No one was mad at the shop owner? Why are you assuming this suddenly? Is it hard for you to make any argument without trying to attache some emotion to the other person's argument that you pull out of your ass? Hallmark of a pathetic argument.
    Why would they get stopped on foot? If they are carjacking someone, that means it's still a "PUBLIC AREA". Which means the cops can't stop them or they make you mad. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So they are trained to let them go indefinitely then? Because as long as they are armed willing to kidnap/shoot people and have a hostage there is no point where no one is at risk.
    "until an opportunity" "until a certain area where an opportunity is good" why the fuck did you say indefinitely where the fuck did you get indefinitely from "opportunity"

YOU EVEN SAID A MAGIC WINDOW or did you forget your own goddamn post? Or when you said "magic window" did you mean that window to be not a window but just like.. .a never ending hallway? Because that's not what "magic window" means.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Why would they get stopped on foot? If they are carjacking someone, that means it's still a "PUBLIC AREA". Which means the cops can't stop them or they make you mad. Try again.
    Hmm quiet street where they stop to steal a car... or... busy freeway with police hiding behind cars. Which one has more collateral?

So explaining actions of criminals and their motives means defending them? I guess this means prosecutors who are convicting criminals who say... "so and so took x hostage to protect themselves" they're actually defending the criminal?
    They are when they say they aren't a public danger.

This is really funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm quiet street where they stop to steal a car... or... busy freeway with police hiding behind cars. Which one has more collateral?
    The public neighborhood that this police Chase is now going through is not a danger now. Got it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Note I said when they had a good opportunity. Being stuck in traffic because... it is a busy area is not a good opportunity.
    Actually no you said when they got out would have been a good opportunity.

Waiting for a clearer spot I agree with.

Actually no you said when they got out would have been a good opportunity.

Waiting for a clearer spot I agree with.
    Don't worry. Themius says it's okay to open fire when they pull into a quiet neighborhood to steal a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    They don't get a next time. They've should've been organizing their thoughts and plan during the pursuit so that everyone was on the same page. They should've gave the order to not approach the truck because it's too risky for the civilians surrounding them.

Instead it's just chaos. They're just going through the motions without thinking of the consequences. It shouldn't be unreasonable to demand that a job that puts you in stressful situations requires you to be trained to remain calm and think rationally during them. Police that cant think during these situations get innocent people killed.

We have cops that cant even remain calm when a small dog is walking up to them. It's a disgrace that these are the people that are supposed to protect us when they're so incompetent at their job.
    1% require a 4 year degree
    25% require a 2 year degree

6 months of training and... you're a cop.

You take an oath to uphold the constitution, but do you know constitutional law? No... do you know the civil laws in depth? No...

Frankly officers, all officers should be required to have at least 3 years of law. I frankly believe police academies should be 3 year long schools with a strong focus on the law. This way you don't end up with idiots policing a populace without knowing wtf the laws are.

I truly do not understand why the bar for police officers, is so so so low and they're tasked with defending something they don't even fucking understand.
    Last edited by Themius; 2019-12-06 at 03:11 PM.

Are people also forgetting there was a traffic jam? You tell me they should have just let the criminals escape on foot with the hostage after they started firing at everyone.
    Do you hear the voices too?

7+ Year Old Account
    "until an opportunity" "until a certain area where an opportunity is good" why the fuck did you say indefinitely where the fuck did you get indefinitely from "opportunity"

YOU EVEN SAID A MAGIC WINDOW or did you forget your own goddamn post? Or when you said "magic window" did you mean that window to be not a window but just like.. .a never ending hallway? Because that's not what "magic window" means.
    If you read the part past the word indefinitely I explain where I got it from as there is likely to be some one at risk until they escape.

Said magic window would be when they have released there hostage aren't near any other civilians at all and the police are close enough to swoop in and get them before they fan get near any civilians, This isn’t likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Are people also forgetting there was a traffic jam? You tell me they should have just let the criminals escape on foot with the hostage after they started firing at everyone.
    Cars were moving out of the way albeit slowly so they either would have stayed and gotten through slowly, or went on foot. If they went on foot and were running to get away the logical thing at that point would be to abandon the hostage, since the advantage they offered is gone as they would now slow them down and likely get them caught. Also the hostage was taken very likely mostly due to the truck... but... if they're no longer taking the truck they may have also left the hostage due to that.

- - - Updated - - -

If you read the part past the word indefinitely I explain where I got it from as there is likely to be some one at risk until they escape.

Said magic window would be when they have released there hostage aren't near any other civilians at all and the police are close enough to swoop in and get them before they fan get near any civilians, This isn’t likely to happen.
    Fewer civilian would have been an option over... a freeway where you can't exactly direct people to get away....

Police can form a perimeter and protect civilians and get them back away from a danger, it happens quite frequently you just simply can't do that ON A PACKED FREEWAY

Cars were moving out of the way albeit slowly so they either would have stayed and gotten through slowly, or went on foot. If they went on foot and were running to get away the logical thing at that point would be to abandon the hostage, since the advantage they offered is gone as they would now slow them down and likely get them caught. Also the hostage was taken very likely mostly due to the truck... but... if they're no longer taking the truck they may have also left the hostage due to that.
    Perhaps, I doubt they would have left the hostage though as they would need something to keep the cops away else they would be very easy targets.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy how you are talking about these violent criminals hypothetically making logical and rational decisions, if only the evil police would have given them a chance, when in reality they were anything but logical or rational and clearly would rather die than be captured, hence why they, you know, opened fired on dozens of police officers which gave them no chance of escape and an absolute certainty of death.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fewer civilian would have been an option over... a freeway where you can't exactly direct people to get away....

Police can form a perimeter and protect civilians and get them back away from a danger, it happens quite frequently you just simply can't do that ON A PACKED FREEWAY
    Ok and I already said this case was handled poorly and could have been done in a better spot. But no matter how they did it it’s highly unlikely that they would ever have no civilians at risk which was the magic window in question.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I enjoy how you are talking about these violent criminals hypothetically making logical and rational decisions, if only the evil police would have given them a chance, when in reality they were anything but logical or rational and clearly would rather die than be captured, hence why they, you know, opened fired on dozens of police officers which gave them no chance of escape and an absolute certainty of death.
    So you rather apply no logic to the thoughts of criminals? Weird.. lawyers. Judges, jurors, prosecutors do so all the time. In fact you have to so you can understand what their actions are and infer what their next love will be but you find that weird? What’s weird is the fact you find that weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok and I already said this case was handled poorly and could have been done in a better spot. But no matter how they did it it’s highly unlikely that they would ever have no civilians at risk which was the magic window in question.
    Magic window was the one with the least risk, the worst possible outcome is exactly what they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Perhaps, I doubt they would have left the hostage though as they would need something to keep the cops away else they would be very easy targets.
    They also need to get away and a hostage on foot is a hard thing to sway as you’re running around trying to flee as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you rather apply no logic to the thoughts of criminals? Weird.. lawyers. Judges, jurors, prosecutors do so all the time. In fact you have to so you can understand what their actions are and infer what their next love will be but you find that weird? What’s weird is the fact you find that weird.
    Yes I would have inferred their next move to be even more risk to the public that needs to be ended as soon as possible.

I wouldn't give violent thugs who already tried to kill multiple people and kidnapped someone the benefit of the doubt they would amicably resolve the situation of their own accord if only I back off and let them do as they please. That's fucking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yes I would have inferred their next move to be even more risk to the public that needs to be ended as soon as possible.

I wouldn't give violent thugs who already tried to kill multiple people and kidnapped someone the benefit of the doubt they would amicably resolve the situation of their own accord if only I back off and let them do as they please. That's fucking retarded.
    What multiple people? And so you rather getting into a shoot out on a public highway putting civilians at risk while hiding behind cars?

10+ Year Old Account
    but are the jewels safe?...

Every round that leaves a firearm is the responsibility of the shooter. If an innocent is hit, that is on the person firing that round. This is true of every person that carries a firearm whether police or civilian.

7+ Year Old Account
    Magic window was the one with the least risk, the worst possible outcome is exactly what they did
    Actually no the magic window was no one at risk as that is what I was replying to.