Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care about tradition I just want new classes. I'd take new ones every expansion if they wanted. "Balance" matters for shit if you're not a top tier player.

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    As the title says, why are we not getting a new class. The way expansions worked in the past has been quite consistant.

Vanilla - all original classes and races
    BC - New races
    Wrath - New class
    Cata - New races
    MoP - Both new class and race
    WoD - nothing due to MoP offering both
    Legion - New class
    End of Legion, Almost all of BFA - New races.

In keeping with tradition, we should be getting either a new class or both a class and race. I wonder what gives. I did see a youtube video where someone alluded to a new class (necromancer) but I think that is doubtful. Does anyone else think there might or might not be a new race for a specific reason. I personally wanted a new class but I know that an overhaul of the current classes and leveling is more important. Let me know what yall think.
    There is an actual youtube interview with Method where this was brought up, and their response was, We wanted to dedicate as much effort into the existing classes and the covenants as possible, also we don't want to add classes unless it fits the theme.

Before you say "Well Necromancer..." no they are a human/orc ext that uses elemental or Arcane power to manipulate the dead. The Lich King uses the power of the shadowlands. Necromancers would not exist within the shadowlands because everything is dead there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangfoudre View Post
    If new zones and new quests and new dungeons are not new content, new classes or races won't change your life and are not new content.
    So bfa = classic with extra steps.
    Zones are pointless after you level up. Thats like 2 days of playing.
    The rest is just rep and it's the very same system we've hade sice TBC or even classic really.

The next expansion adds nothing new or exiting.

Why there are plenty now and most cant play those correctly anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post

Perfect balance is an issue for PVP'ers or something like that. I don't care if a new class is 5% higher than the next on the damage meter, even if I won't make it my main. New stuff = fun.
    they should first fix existing classes and then think about adding new ones.. it's not even about balance its about the fact that class design right now is in shambles, literally the worst it's ever been

Quote Originally Posted by smitey View Post
    Is Power windows, anti lock breaks, windshield wipers new features on a new car? No? then neither are zones, quests and dungeons.
    The same for races and classes. Just because you want something doesn't mean it's a new feature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Zones are pointless after you level up. Thats like 2 days of playing.
    The rest is just rep and it's the very same system we've hade sice TBC or even classic really.

The next expansion adds nothing new or exiting.
    This is highly subjective.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Because we have too many classes already, and one of the most complained about things was class design?

Why on god's flat earth would they make ANOTHER class that people wont be satisfied with at this point?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Time and resources are going towards other things.

Dont forget WoD remastared old races!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Blizzard cant even balance what we have. We don't need new classes right now. And Shadowlands is bringing back focus on the classes we do have
    They should not be trying to balance things so tightly in the first place, you lose flavor and uniqueness when X has to always = X, the game got more and more boring the more and more things they took away.

The same for races and classes. Just because you want something doesn't mean it's a new feature.

- - - Updated - - -

This is highly subjective.
    No it's not. Well maybe the "exiting" part but the fact that they are zero new mechanics is just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Why would they add a new class so you can complain about, when they can not add one and have you complain anyway.

Now seriously, adding a class just for the sake of saying "hey we added a new class, fuck you" does not do any good. Besides, we have enough classes, I doubt that you're playing them all.

And what if they added a new class and it wasn't something you'd like? Like for example I don't give a crap about monks, I absolutely dislike everything about them.
    I'm playing them all. And I give zero fucks about balance; I care only about fun factor. Remember the vast majority of people do not raid at a level where "balance" matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They should not be trying to balance things so tightly in the first place, you lose flavor and uniqueness when X has to always = X, the game got more and more boring the more and more things they took away.
    Correct. "Balance" is why we have classes in the current state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Don't care about tradition I just want new classes. I'd take new ones every expansion if they wanted. "Balance" matters for shit if you're not a top tier player.
    Also this.

Must admit I was underwhelmed with shadowlands announcement especially with lack of new class. Think a mail using ranged would not upset things too much as far as balance goes. There is definitely too many races though, it’s getting stupid now.

No it's not. Well maybe the "exiting" part but the fact that they are zero new mechanics is just how it is.
    So, I'll say it again, according to your criteria this game has not received any new mechanic over the years.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Because all the current classes are boring af bar a couple.
    To you. It's almost as if different people may want different things. You might even be able to say it's intentionally designed that way.

So, I'll say it again, according to your criteria this game has not received any new mechanic over the years.
    Of course it has. New classes, things like artifacts, M+, order halls and garrisons, arenas, BGs, reputations that alter how you play and so on.
    What I'm saying is that the new expansion does not seem to add anything new. Well, maybe new looks for our models but thats just skins and does not affect how you actually play. Same could of course be saif for races so I skiped thoes.

reputations that alter how you play and so on.
    Are you kidding me? That's exactly what Covenants are and more. No rep has ever given you spells.
    Races DON'T alter the way you play.
    Last edited by Sangfoudre; 2019-12-06 at 05:18 PM. Reason: grammar
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Yeah, they also cry about everything else, like the lack of high elves for alliance and shit like that. Balance is good, but gutting gameplay to ensure perfect balance is not a good sacrifice. Yeah, if your class sucks, you won't be picked for raids, and you will never have a good time doing pvp, but that almost never happens, and if it does, they fix it in time. I would have quit the game a decade ago if we had the same classes, talents, skills etc, with the developers time being 100% focused on tuning for a perfect balance.
    Preach it mother fucker, preach so the whole world can hear! looord have mercy on us, for let us have the game that is fun, the classes that are unique, and the raids that are a blast, smite upon these sinners who complain when one spec does 1% more damage then the other. Bring upon us what the lord and savior hots is, returning to the world of fun, and removing the need to be "perfectly balanced esport ready"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Are you kidding me? That's exactly what Covenants are and more. No rep has ever given you spells.
    Races DON'T alter the way you play.
    Covenants are just reps, nothing else.
    I also said I skipped races just becuase they don't. Learn to read.

Covenants are just reps, nothing else.
    I also said I skipped races just becuase they don't. Learn to read.
    You may be a bit too dense to understand a lot of things. So I'll tell you this as I'll teach a 6yo.

Arenas are just 3v3 pvp. Not a feature.
    MM+ are just dungeons with a timer. Not a feature.
    Legion halls are just garrisons and quests. Not a feature
    Garrison are what? A feature. The so called worst and empty expansion brought a feature.
    Artifacts are just weapons (totally not original) plus removed talent trees. Not a feature.

The way you bitterly express yourself is not distinctive of an educated adult. If you cannot understand that putting a few bricks together can form something else than just a few bricks, there's nothing anyone can do for you (so you're not someone, you are a bunch of cells, nothing new and interesting).

But you have the right to think it's not interesting.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.